Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1572136 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8360 on: December 14, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »

New music will come out when it comes out, or it won't.
-
Exactly  ok
Will it make people happy once it does? Yes.
Will it change peoples' lives and fix everything? I doubt it.
/jarmo

Indeed, and this merely confirms that we are still in the same place as we were 15-20 years ago, because that's exactly the effect that Chinese Democracy had.  Tons of build up and anticipation, which led to the inevitable speculation (and perhaps expectation) that this was gonna be the alleged "greatest rock record of all time" and was gonna change the world.  Of course, the end result was exactly as you say, a record that did indeed please many fans (and not others), but hardly changed the world or anyone's lives.

At the end of the day, any new music will be exactly the same -- it won't change the world, but may very well please the fans -- and like the situation with Chinese Democracy, that will be enough.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8361 on: December 15, 2020, 04:10:30 AM »

Yeah, but you can't help those people.

It's always going to be a complicated issue.  No one has the same stance.  Some people, all GNR is GNR.  Others, CD was GNR in name only.  I'm more in that second camp.  Doesn't mean I was any less interested in hearing CD.  And I'd have the same stance about the current band retouching stuff from that era, even if it wasn't my favorite.

I think I made it clear that no one is trying to help them.

Just observing their so called want/need for for something that they probably won't even get...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8362 on: December 15, 2020, 09:53:53 AM »

More really, since quite a few UYI tracks came out of their pre-Appetite work.  Working on stage together is one thing, crafting art together is a very intimate thing when you think about it.  Imagine a 58 year old man getting back together with the wife he divorced when he was early 30's (no disrespect to Slash/Duff there).  Then there's the legal aspect, God knows they're probably all pretty guarded on songwriting credits etc given everyone's history in court. 

Also have to wonder how much a "don't rock the boat" type vibe there is.

They seemed to be having fun on stage during these tours.  I'd argue, for the first time ever, probably.  Maybe they think that is in jeopardy if they all got back in a cramped studio setting.  They all have memories of past experiences.

There are still several very lucrative paydays for them via tours, even if they never record another note.  And if trying to record another note would jeopardize the whole operation, perhaps they don't see the risk/reward.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8363 on: December 15, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »

You're forgetting one minor detail.

The past is the past. Things were different in many ways back then.

Nowadays, if for example, some material doesn't work for/fit in GN'R, they can use it for their solo projects....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #8364 on: December 15, 2020, 11:52:54 AM »

Isn't it a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario?? For us die hard fans who come here and crave new material so we get mad, frustrated or whatever mood it is that we haven't gotten anything new since CD. But then you have the Mainstream fans who if they go too a live concert they wanna hear the classics and when they hear something off CD or a New Cover people are like WTF is this. Where again for us who come here when we hear something that isn't played often or something new we are like  Shocked. And unfortunately their is probably more mainstream GNR fans at this point who want the classics then their are of us Die hards who would love nothing more then new music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8365 on: December 15, 2020, 12:04:52 PM »

Yeah. You don't sell out stadiums by catering to hardcore fans only who just wanna hear the deep cuts....

Another false assumption I've seen is that less covers would mean more other songs in the set. Not necessarily, might just mean shorter shows!

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8366 on: December 15, 2020, 01:18:03 PM »

I still think too much attention is being paid to the minority who do seem to complain pretty much all of the time.

I sincerely hope that the delay in releasing music isn’t down to them.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8367 on: December 15, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

I doubt it, also I don't know if there's a delay... Cheesy

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8368 on: December 15, 2020, 04:57:18 PM »

I doubt it, also I don't know if there's a delay... Cheesy

/jarmo

Come on dude, 1 album of new material in almost 30 years and you say there’s no delay? I know there’s been a multitude of changes over the years but it’s already been over 4 years since the reunion!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8369 on: December 15, 2020, 05:18:22 PM »

Come on dude, 1 album of new material in almost 30 years and you say there’s no delay? I know there’s been a multitude of changes over the years but it’s already been over 4 years since the reunion!

Yes. I say there's no delay to something that wasn't announced...

You might have an opinion on the amount of material that was released between then and now, but to call it a delay is a bit odd.  Smiley

Unless you assume the reunion delayed the album.... Which, could be possible. We don't know for sure though.

/jarmo

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8370 on: December 15, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »

Look, even though you don’t want to hear this and you are going to say “Gnr is different. They are much bigger than The Replacements”. Well, to some people from the 80’s, The Replacements were the definition of rock and roll anti industry types.

When they did their semi reunion tour every Replacement fan out there was screaming for new music. The simple fact is they went in the studio and tried to make an album. It just didn’t work. Obviously Westerberg and Tommy didn’t think it was ok to release. It’s been years since Westerberg/Stinson and Axl/Slash have made records together. 30 years...1991!

You have to accept the fact that the magic just may not be there in the studio anymore. Acceptance.  Undecided

This could well be the case.  Sometimes, you just can't get it back.  

I don't know how serious an effort they have made.  But, all those years on the road, all that time spent together...you do wonder if inspiration hasn't struck yet if it ever will again.  Maybe that book is just closed.

I think there will be an album. I seriously doubt that Axl, Slash, and Duff want TSI to be known as their last album together. A covers album just isn't the way to go out. I'm sure that they want to go out with at the very least one album if not two new albums. Heck, look at AC/DC. Brian Johnson was gone. Malcom Young died. It was supposed to be the end. Yet, they came back with a great album.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #8371 on: December 15, 2020, 06:56:03 PM »

How long can this nostalgia tour go on for before fans get tired of it and say no more, they are claiming that this forthcoming tour is the next chapter and a brand new show surely Slash and Duff are saying to Axl come on man let's put out some new music and give the fans something new well I hope that is what they are saying to him.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8372 on: December 15, 2020, 07:13:43 PM »

How long can this nostalgia tour go on for before fans get tired of it and say no more, they are claiming that this forthcoming tour is the next chapter and a brand new show surely Slash and Duff are saying to Axl come on man let's put out some new music and give the fans something new well I hope that is what they are saying to him.

Around here they would be lambasted and called entitled then   hihi
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8373 on: December 15, 2020, 09:38:05 PM »

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until next year , when the tour kicks off and new music is supposed to debut. The thing is I would not hold your breath for new music  beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8374 on: December 16, 2020, 03:49:05 AM »

I can answer you.

Considering how amazing this year has been, I can't wait for shows to be back.

Anyone who whines about a set list of a show they don't even attend when shows do come back needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. We have nothing right now.

I know some will be there once shows return to whine about the songs played. It's what they do and I've already seen it.

The rest of us will be relieved, happy etc. that some kind of normal has returned and the live entertainment industry is back...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8375 on: December 16, 2020, 10:44:06 AM »

Honestly, the shows can continue as is, in perpetuity.

Now, I don't think they can do stadiums here in the U.S. forever.  But there are absolutely enough GNR fans to fill 20,000 basketball arenas in all major cities every few years with this line up.

And really, let's make you Slash and Duff.  You can do whatever the hell you want outside of GNR to fill that creative jones.  But you also know you have a huge balloon payday every few years cranking out tunes you can play in your sleep.

Not a bad deal.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8376 on: December 16, 2020, 12:02:55 PM »

I can answer you.

Considering how amazing this year has been, I can't wait for shows to be back.

Anyone who whines about a set list of a show they don't even attend when shows do come back needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. We have nothing right now.

I know some will be there once shows return to whine about the songs played. It's what they do and I've already seen it.

The rest of us will be relieved, happy etc. that some kind of normal has returned and the live entertainment industry is back...

/jarmo

I have tickets to the Meadowlands (Yes, I know it's MetLive...don't @ me) show next year.

I will attend the FUCK out of that show, whenever it happens.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8377 on: December 16, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »

I seriously doubt that Axl, Slash, and Duff want TSI to be known as their last album together. A covers album just isn't the way to go out.

I doubt very seriously they are even pondering the words "going out".  Right now, I'd see any albums or concerts to be extra/bonus for artists and fans alike.

I also doubt the public at large really remembers The Spaghetti Incident, even if they played a couple songs live during the recent tours.  The songs from their "big" albums are the ones people remember, and always will.  I'd venture to say that songs from Chinese Democracy are much more known than The Spaghetti Incident.

I'm sure that they want to go out with at the very least one album if not two new albums.

I'd say the prospect of two albums is really stretching it...
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8378 on: December 16, 2020, 03:54:30 PM »

One album could open the floodgates.. but I think that's what we said about ChiDem.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8379 on: December 16, 2020, 05:00:25 PM »

Anyone else just really keen to buy something new from the band?

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: