Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:44:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stand up for BBF.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stand up for BBF.  (Read 4159 times)
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« on: December 06, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »

Some idiots on Wikipedia thought he wasn't notable enough to deserve his own article anymore, so they voted to delete it.

Ole Beich, whose only claim to fame was playing one show as the original bassist for GN'R somehow still has an article, but those tools think Ron's not notable enough. Put in his name and it redirects you to the GN'R article.   rant

I'm sure the community could reverse that if we piss and moan loud enough.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

that's extremely weird! there was a decently complete article about him! we should help to make a big one, he deserves it, simply because he's one of the most skilled guitar players in rock history and... he's part of Guns!

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »

Thats bullshit. But then again so is Wikipedia! lol Most of the info there isn't factual.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »

He has his own discography...I think that all itself is enough reason for him to deserve his own page.  But it is only a Wikipedia page...not a huge deal.
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »

Jeez thats pathetic  rant

There's a serious amount of arseholes in the GNR online community, doesnt matter what the agenda or slant is in their views, for every possible perspective a fan can have on GNR - there are arseholes aplenty representing them and determined to spoil everyone elses enjoyment.

Wish it wasnt that way, but thats the internet for you I suppose  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:59:26 PM by greentee » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 04:33:51 PM »

that's just absurd.  why the hell do they try to hide info about one of the best solo guitarists of today?

wiki better delete the assholes from the membership.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »

this is bullshit!!!!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »

Might just be broke or being updated.  Where did you say the complaint department was?  Never hurts to let them know you are paying attention.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »

Might just be broke or being updated.  Where did you say the complaint department was?  Never hurts to let them know you are paying attention.

Nah, it has definitely been merged. If you type in "Ron Thal", it goes to the GNR page and there's a discussion page about it. Seems odd that this has happened, since there seems to have been an article on him for a while. My guess is that they'll eventually recreate it. He is a current member of a world-famous rock band so he should have an article of his own. Shouldn't be too hard to convince those who deleted it that he's notable enough....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
amac
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »

Wikipedia is mostly full of bullshit. How is ron not notable? I bet they still have articals on the individual members of new kids on the block, or some bullshit like that, but no bumblefoot?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 09:52:51 PM »

compile his discography notable compilations etc and remake the page for him

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 04:39:14 AM »

Regardless of Wikipedia being trustworthy or not, it's some place a lot of people resort to looking for information, because the name is famous and the way information is compiled over there is very useful and clear. They can't simply erase Bumblefoot's as individual artist as if he was not relevant! This is not right. It is misleading because Ron has a full ongoing career in music out of Guns n' Roses.

I remember I even edited once the article about Ron because some hater had put about him that he was a "session musician hired to substitute Slash in Guns n' Roses". Now this  Angry

We should re-compile the article and put it up again. And complain to the people responsible for the wiki about the trolling of his page and such.

Edit: Here's the article, not published. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_Incubator/Ron_%22Bumblefoot%22_Thal

It has been cut off a lot about Ron's solo career. Someone that edited the page and was watching it said the reason for the merge with the GnR page was: "We need to demonstrate how Thal meets these criteria [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MUSICBIO ] with reliable, independent sources. It's not enough just to claim that he is famous outside GNR. We need the sources to back it up. For example, if we could find an article from Guitar Player magazine saying that Thal is an important record producer or considered an influential guitarist outside the realm of GNR, that would go a long way"

I don't know how to edit a full wiki page so if there's someone here up to the challenge it would be great!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:05:51 AM by helenluna » Logged

Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »

Even with his solo efforts, "Normal", "9/11", etc. he's done enough to warrant an article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_(album)

"Music recording by redlinked artist and no indication of importance or significance"

lmao. Some Slash/Fergie fangirl really must have an axe to grind with GNR and Ron in particular.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »

Ridiculous indeed. I've seen much less notable musicians have their own articles. A guy who's a current GNR member, has released numerous solo albums, appeared on one of the most highly anticipated rock albums of all time, has his own signature guitar, and is currently on the road playing to 20,000+ people a night is 'not notable'?

Fuck 'em. I would imagine that the roar of cheering fans and applause every night are enough recognition for Ron.

And there goes the challenger...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: