Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  TNA Destination X PPV Predictions-3/15/09
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TNA Destination X PPV Predictions-3/15/09  (Read 4577 times)
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« on: January 11, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »

Hey guys. Anyone wanna just for fun predict the TNA PPV's? Here are the announced matchups:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Sting (c) vs. Rhino.

- Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle.

- Mick Foley, Brother Devon & AJ Styles vs. TNA Legends Champion Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner.

Finals of TNA X Division Championship Tournament
- Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley.

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
- Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed (c's) vs. Beer Money, Inc. vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan.

TNA Knockouts Championship - Lumberjack Match
- Awesome Kong (c) vs. ?.

- Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shane Sewell.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:38:15 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Sting (c) vs. Rhino.

- Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle.

- Mick Foley, Brother Devon & AJ Styles vs. TNA Legends Champion Booker T, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner.

Finals of TNA X Division Championship Tournament
- Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley.

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
- Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed (c's) vs. Beer Money, Inc. vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan.

TNA Knockouts Championship - Lumberjack Match
- Awesome Kong (c) vs. ?.

- Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shane Sewell.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »

New match added: LAX & Young vs Rave, Dutt & Kiyoshi

Sting
Jarrett
Foley, Devon & Styles
Sabin
Lethal & Creed
ODB (or anyone else) to beat Kong
Bashir
LAX & Young

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »

Nah, Jarrett won the first match, he owes Angle. I look for Mick Foley to turn heel and join the MEM.

Hernandez to me is the BEST big man in wrestling today. He is fucking awesome. I will debate it with anybody that disagrees.

Hernandez vs Samoa Joe would be GOLD

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

Shelly/Sabin 5 star match  holy shit

here is a perfect live stream

http://www.justin.tv/ajooba422

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »

Shit, I forgot to come on and give mine, Half the card changed anyway.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8028/

Welcome to our live coverage of TNA Genesis from the Bojangles Arena  in Charlotte.  We're looking for your thoughts on the show, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to dave@wrestlingobserver.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

A bunch of announcements.

Rhino "isn't here and we don't know where he is" which is clearly storyline

Both Christy Hemme and Awesome Kong are injured, but they don't want to say that Kong is injured because monster heels aren't supposed to get hurt.  They've added ODB & Roxxi & Taylor Wilde vs. Rhaka Khan & Raisha Saeed & Sojourner Bolt.  That could be a scary match.  The person who scores the fall will get a shot at Kong when she returns.

Kong is also off the U.K. tour that starts Friday but that wasn't announced.

Sonjay Dutt & Jimmy Rave & Kiyoshi vs. Eric Young & Homicide & Hernandez has been added to the show opening the show in an elimination match. 

Dutt pinned Young with his feet on the ropes

Rave pinned Homicide holding tights

This left Hernandez against all three, and he quickly won all three falls.  He pinned Kiyoshi after a border toss, pinned Dutt after a power bomb and finally pinned Rave after a splash off the top.  Crowd peaked about 8:00 in and lost interest.  They were into the big moves but this isn't that hot of a crowd for the product at large.  A lot of early missed moves as well.

Jim Cornette talked to Scott Steiner about where Rhino is and Steiner said Rhino was probably drunk, since he's been in rehab more times than Jeff Conaway.  Jeff Conaway?

Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley for the X Division title is up next.

Finish saw Shelley pretending to have an ankle injury.  As Sabin tried to check on him, Shelley used a schoolboy for the pin.  Technically excellent, very reminiscent of a CMLL championship match third fall.  A lot of the crowd didn't react early but the ringsiders loved the match and were chanting "This is Awesome."  Crowd didn't have a favorite although slightly pro-Shelley by the end.  Lots of near falls with both kicking out of the others' big moves.

Kevin Nash has been admitted to the hospital, supposedly a staph infection from the match in Japan and he's in the hospital.  Cornette wanted the postpone but Mick Foley said the people were promised a match.  Anyway, Booker T & Scott Steiner have to pick a new partner.

Shane Sewell vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir is next.

Basic late 70s style prelim wrestling match.  Crowd didn't seem into the match much except when Bashir tried to rile them up.  Finish saw corny looking as Earl Hebner and Bashir were shoving each other.  Bashir started chasing Hebner in circles (this looked real bad) but Sewell lariated Bashir and pinned him after a sunset flip.

Jim Cornette confronted Booker T and Sharmell about Rhino.  Booker used his fake voice.  Then grabbed Cornette but Sewell came out.  Booker threatend Sewell who didn't back down.

Consequences Creed & Jay Lethal vs. Beer Money vs. Matt Morgan & Abyss for the tag titles.

Beer Money got the titles back.  Crowd was so dead for 90% of this.  Some good moves but lack of crowd enthusiasm hurt it.  Jackie Moore distracted ref Rudy Charles for about a month.  Abyss went for a belt shot on Roode, who ducked and KO'd Morgan.  Lethal then gave Roode the Macho Man elbow off the top.  The ref was still throwing Moore out.  Storm superkicked Lethal and put Roode on top of Morgan and Charles turned around the counted the fall.

Post-match saw Morgan and Abyss argue with each other.

Kurt Angle is on the rampage.  He's with Jim Cornette.  Cornette wants to know what's going on with Rhino.  Angle said he went to the hotel room and made Rhino an offer, but Rhino refused, and then they beat him up in a vacant lot and left him with cab fare and Angle said Rhino's not coming tonight.  Which, translated, means he's coming.

This was not the night to come across this minor league.

ODB & Roxxi & Taylor Wilde vs. Raisha Saeed & Rhaka Khan & Sojourner Bolt is up now.   

ODB pinned Saeed with a small package.  This match sucked.  Kong came out for a showdown with ODB.  They did a pull-apart with all six.  They never acknowledged Kong being hurt.  The way she was moving it appeared to be a back injury.  She did choke slam ODB.

Jim Cornette was with Sting.  How can Sting put up with these guys.  Sting said he hadn't been to Charlotte in 15 years (has it been that long) and he wanted to wrestle for the world title tonight.

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett in a no DQ match is next.

Excellent grudge match.  The intensity in this match was at a completely different level from everythig else on the show.  Double juice match.  A highlight was Angle doing an Olympic slam off the entrance way through a table although Jarrett took the bump mostly missing the table.  Jarrett did an incredible job of selling here and really most of the match.  After kicking out of chair shots to the head and escaping their finishes, Angle won with a cradle.  Angle Pillmanized the ankle of Jarrett after the match.  It appeared they were doing an injury angle with Jarrett here.  Jarrett is being taken out on a stretcher.

Sting vs. Rhino is next.  Rhino supposedly has a back injury and his head is all bandaged up before the match even started.   Even with this angle, Sting was 98% babyface to the crowd which booed Rhino's comeback.  Rhino missed a gore and Sting got the pin with the Scorpion death drop.  Crowd popped big and Sting played to the crowd after he won.

Mick Foley & A.J. Styles & Devon vs. Scott Steiner & Booker T & Kip James (Dear God) finishes the show.  When Booker announced it, you could hear the place groan.  Couldn't they have at least called Rick Steiner or someone like that?

They first did a double count out.  Jim Cornette announced they were restarting the match but Booker T said he didn't have the authority to do it.  Foley said Cornette didn't have the authority but he did, and he made it a hardcore match.  They used the usual garbage cans and chairs.  High spot was Styles doing a springboard splash on Kip through a table.  Finish saw Foley use a double arm DDT on a chair on Steiner for the pin.

It really hurt because you had the remnants of the old WCW/Crockett audience and they reacted to stars but you could tell they didn't even watch the TV as most didn't react to the TNA angles, only the star power of guys from years ago.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:27:21 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »

What kills TNA is, for every great thing they do, they do two stupid things.

The Shane Sewell, Sheik thing should never be on PPV. that is an IMPACT angle to follow up a classic like Shelley and Sabin with that is just unforgivable as it kills the momentum.

Angle vs Jarrett should've been the main event. that 6 man as the main event? are u kidding me?

Why have Rhino beat up outside? makes Sting further look like a weak old has been. U mean he has to have Rhino beat down before he can beat him?

why the hell is rhino getting a world title shot anyway? Makes no sense.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »

Thats what often puts me off TNA, when they have two great matches (Shelly/Sabin & Angle/Jarrett) but the rest should barely even be on Impact. Theres no real placement or anything. Recent annoucements have just been embarrassing, Kip James & Al Snow should not be in main events it harms the product and really shows how TNA will never be anywhere close to number one if they book like this.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 05:05:29 AM »

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Kurt Angle vs. Champion "The Icon" Sting
Special Referee: Jeff Jarrett
Special Enforcer: Mick Foley

Angle wins with help from Foley. Foley joins MeM

THE RETURN OF THE INNOVATIVE "ULTIMATE X" MATCH
Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Consequences Creed vs. Suicide vs. (c) Alex Shelley

Suicide wins (Daniels is under there now, I think while Kaz is out)
TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
AJ Styles vs. champion Booker T

Styles

OFF THE WAGON CHALLENGE FOR THE TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Team 3D vs. champions Beer Money, Inc

3d wins but doesn't take the straps (saving that for Philly)

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Sojo Bolt vs. champion Awesome Kong

Sojo
MATCH OF 10,000 THUMBTACKS
Abyss vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan

Matt

Samoa Joe vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

Joe
Beautiful People & Madison Rayne vs. Roxxi, Taylor Wilde & The Governor

Team Palin
The Finals Of One Night With ODB

Cody Deaner!Local Indy guy.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »

Bump! Anyone?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: