Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:51:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 465877 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »

I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

can you (or somebody) inform me what are the requirements to ''deserve to be there''?

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Steven and Matt, and no Paul Tobias?
- Why Matt AND Steven?
- Why Matt and no Teddy or Cece Worral (LOL)?
- How come you include Steven and Matt and dare to say ''i could see dizzy as well'' for god's sake!!

Axl: record a videotape, say thanks to the RNRHOF people so they can play it at the night of the event, and let it be it.

I'm thinking Matt and no Gilby, because Matt played on two of the band's full length original albums and Gilby didn't.

Dizzy played in three (with original material... four studio albums in total) and still works with the band.

Steven and Matt together played on four of the band's albums, including the three big ones, and Paul's contributions were for Chinese Democracy (which right or wrong doesn't have the reputation needed to earn a place in the HOF).

Steven and Matt PLAYED DRUMS. The first one in two albums (1 and a half to be honest) and a single UYI song. The second one in the illusions and in a cover album. Very close to ZERO creative contributions in the case of Adler, zero (without any doubts) creative contribution in the case of Sorum.

Paul left his creative contributions in ''Shadow Of Your Love'' (pre-AFD era), ''Back Off Bitch'' (featured in UYI, but 10 years older), ''Oh My God'' (1999) TWAT, Catcher, IRS and Prostitute (Chinese Democracy), and how many still-unreleased songs we still dont know. We're not talking about fillers: TWAT and Prostitute are 2 of the best songs EVER in the GNR catalogue. And Axl, the unquestionable creator, leader and mastermind of the band, knows Paul before everyone in the AFD lineup (except for Izzy, if im not wrong).

I love ''Shadow Of Your Love'', but let's be honest, most GN'R fans have never even heard that song. I love 'Back Off Bitch'', but it didn't exactly put GN'R on the map. ''Oh My God'' pretty much failed to keep them on it. I very much appreciate Paul's contributions, but if you are going to try and stack them against Steven's, it's a losing battle. You think that TWAT and Prostitute are some of GN'R's best work, and that's great, but understand again that you are in the minority, and most GN'R fans were underwhelmed to say the least about Chinese in general. Chinese does not come into the equation when deciding if they get inducted or not. Also, no one (except apparently you) cares who Axl has known the longest. Pretty sure that's not a requirement haha.

I find inadmisible for a true GNR fan to underestimate Paul Tobias' creative input in the GNR catalogue. But to continue witnessing this in the GNR community is something that doesnt surprise me anymore.

This post fits perfectly for a cheap rock journalist or for a newbie GNR fan. You seem to care too much in what ''the majority'' says, the same majority who thinks GNR is over, that Axl is fat and cant sing anymore and a lot of other statements that are very common (because you look cool repeating them) and very false at the same time. This is the same majority that want to see Axl and Slash together just for morbo purposes, because not even the 1% of them are interested in Slash solo career or in this new GNR era. And the same majority that says GNR no longer exist without having listened to Chinese Democracy or without seeing the band live. I dont give a flying fuck about what ''this majority'' you mention thinks. Real GNR fans should not either. Isn't it clear that Axl and the band dont do what they do for *that* majority?

''most GN'R fans have never even heard that song'' > that's the majority I mean. ''most gnr fans'' doesnt know how much damage Slash and Steven caused to GNR all these years with layers and lawsuits of all kinds either. But we are NOT (or should not be) members of that majority, and we should not give a fuck about what that majority say either. I do not suffer amnesia. I dont want Slash with Axl again: I want the ones that supported and got back the band from the coma with him. That's why I dont want GNR to be in this ceremony, because it forces the band to be exposed to a potential (and permanent) harm.

I want more of this band: more touring,more albums, more new music, more merch, more feedback with the fans,more bootlegs,more EVERYTHING. I love to see how many (millions around the world) fans are delighted and excited with this band, and If we compare today's scenary with 2003/2005 we can clearly see there has been a lot of progress of all kinds. I dont want to throw everything to the garbage can. Slash was not there helping rebuild the band. He not only wasn't there: he did everything he could to stop that progress. I dont want Axl with him. No way.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:06 AM »

I agree with estebanf: Axl should just to a video saying thanks, and call it good. Don't even show up. That way there's no awkward situations. (Of course, Slash would probably take it upon himself to call the dude from Cypress Hill to sing....that's embarrassing enough)

Sending a video would be an embarrassment

libertad
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »

I agree with estebanf: Axl should just to a video saying thanks, and call it good. Don't even show up. That way there's no awkward situations. (Of course, Slash would probably take it upon himself to call the dude from Cypress Hill to sing....that's embarrassing enough)

Sending a video would be epic.

That would be the undefeatable way to show the world he's not still active ''for the money'', and that he believes in and supports the band he forms part.

I can see Axl saying thanks in a fabulous ''i dont give a fuck about this award'' tone and mood.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:43:31 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 10:42:19 AM »

Like it or not, it's what the majority think that dictates this sort of thing.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »

I don't care who shows up.  I don't care what incarnation the induction takes.

I'm just glad they're being inducted.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »

I can just see it now, everyone watching for GNR, then, "let's got to Axl, who made some comments earlier today via sattelite". Good lord.

libertad
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »

if the fans think they have a right to say who is there, then sorry but we dont. Guns n roses are the only ones who will decide what part they play in it. Congrats to all of them that have been involved in anyway with the band. Lets just wait and see what happens.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »

It would be cool if they were on tour that day and couldn't attend in the awards.  beer

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »

And Axl already said on Eddie Trunk it was an honor

libertad
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »

As far as the attitude that the HOF is inducting GnR "for Appetite" only, just look at the full biography of the band on their site. If that was truly the case, there would not be a mention of "CD" and the fact that the band is still touring (i'm pretty sure the HOF is aware that there has been some lineup changes). I'm sure the HOF would love to be the reason the "original" lineup got back together, but i agree it would be a huge step backwards for Axl and the new lineup. Yes, a lot of people would absolutely love it, but then they would be only supportive of a reunion band. This has been my band since "Appetite" was released, & personally i wouldn't mind seeing a song or 2 with the original guys for my own nolstalgia, but then i would move back to the present day and Axl's current vision of the band, which is the lineup i prefer by far at this point. But the casual fan would see the old lineup and would settle for nothing less after that, totally disregarding the musicianship of the new guys and how great the new music is. Myles Kennedy or Fergie singing GnR songs with Velvet Revolver (or w/ Weiland even) would be horrible, but a lot of people would probably love it (not me.) I would love to see the new lineup play some "Appetite"-era stuff (which i think sounds better than ever) and something new. It could be a great platform to blow people's minds, like "wow, maybe we should give these guys a chance". But I don't know that Axl really cares about trying to convince people that the new lineup kicks ass -- he plays with them night after night, he knows it, and they are convincing people on tour every show.Still, i would like to see the current lineup get more respect. In any event, this discussion on the HOF should create some interesting debates.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:55:07 AM by inlikeflynn420 » Logged

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2011, 10:53:43 AM »

Congrats to Guns N' Roses!!

I dont think Axl would say that the Appetite era of the band does not deserve to accept the award. Regardless of how he feels about some of the guys from that line up, Ive never heard him discredit them for what they did as a band. Obviously there is more to GnR than that lineup, Paul Tobias deserves to be up there, Dizzy as well, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, and Robin Finck to name a few more.
Really, whomever goes up there to accept it is fine with me, but the appetite,UYI lineup accepts it with out question IMHO.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:45 AM »

I'd like to see Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Matt. I could see Dizzy as well.

can you (or somebody) inform me what are the requirements to ''deserve to be there''?

- Why Matt and no Gilby?
- Why Steven and Matt, and no Paul Tobias?
- Why Matt AND Steven?
- Why Matt and no Teddy or Cece Worral (LOL)?
- How come you include Steven and Matt and dare to say ''i could see dizzy as well'' for god's sake!!

Axl: record a videotape, say thanks to the RNRHOF people so they can play it at the night of the event, and let it be it.

I'm thinking Matt and no Gilby, because Matt played on two of the band's full length original albums and Gilby didn't.

Dizzy played in three (with original material... four studio albums in total) and still works with the band.

Steven and Matt together played on four of the band's albums, including the three big ones, and Paul's contributions were for Chinese Democracy (which right or wrong doesn't have the reputation needed to earn a place in the HOF).

Steven and Matt PLAYED DRUMS. The first one in two albums (1 and a half to be honest) and a single UYI song. The second one in the illusions and in a cover album. Very close to ZERO creative contributions in the case of Adler, zero (without any doubts) creative contribution in the case of Sorum.

Paul left his creative contributions in ''Shadow Of Your Love'' (pre-AFD era), ''Back Off Bitch'' (featured in UYI, but 10 years older), ''Oh My God'' (1999) TWAT, Catcher, IRS and Prostitute (Chinese Democracy), and how many still-unreleased songs we still dont know. We're not talking about fillers: TWAT and Prostitute are 2 of the best songs EVER in the GNR catalogue. And Axl, the unquestionable creator, leader and mastermind of the band, knows Paul before everyone in the AFD lineup (except for Izzy, if im not wrong).

I love ''Shadow Of Your Love'', but let's be honest, most GN'R fans have never even heard that song. I love 'Back Off Bitch'', but it didn't exactly put GN'R on the map. ''Oh My God'' pretty much failed to keep them on it. I very much appreciate Paul's contributions, but if you are going to try and stack them against Steven's, it's a losing battle. You think that TWAT and Prostitute are some of GN'R's best work, and that's great, but understand again that you are in the minority, and most GN'R fans were underwhelmed to say the least about Chinese in general. Chinese does not come into the equation when deciding if they get inducted or not. Also, no one (except apparently you) cares who Axl has known the longest. Pretty sure that's not a requirement haha.

I find inadmisible for a true GNR fan to underestimate Paul Tobias' creative input in the GNR catalogue. But to continue witnessing this in the GNR community is something that doesnt surprise me anymore.

This post fits perfectly for a cheap rock journalist or for a newbie GNR fan. You seem to care too much in what ''the majority'' says, the same majority who thinks GNR is over, that Axl is fat and cant sing anymore and a lot of other statements that are very common (because you look cool repeating them) and very false at the same time. This is the same majority that want to see Axl and Slash together just for morbo purposes, because not even the 1% of them are interested in Slash solo career or in this new GNR era. And the same majority that says GNR no longer exist without having listened to Chinese Democracy or without seeing the band live. I dont give a flying fuck about what ''this majority'' you mention thinks. Real GNR fans should not either. Isn't it clear that Axl and the band dont do what they do for *that* majority?

''most GN'R fans have never even heard that song'' > that's the majority I mean. ''most gnr fans'' doesnt know how much damage Slash and Steven caused to GNR all these years with layers and lawsuits of all kinds either. But we are NOT (or should not be) members of that majority, and we should not give a fuck about what that majority say either. I do not suffer amnesia. I dont want Slash with Axl again: I want the ones that supported and got back the band from the coma with him. That's why I dont want GNR to be in this ceremony, because it forces the band to be exposed to a potential (and permanent) harm.

I want more of this band: more touring,more albums, more new music, more merch, more feedback with the fans,more bootlegs,more EVERYTHING. I love to see how many (millions around the world) fans are delighted and excited with this band, and If we compare today's scenary with 2003/2005 we can clearly see there has been a lot of progress of all kinds. I dont want to throw everything to the garbage can. Slash was not there helping rebuild the band. He not only wasn't there: he did everything he could to stop that progress. I dont want Axl with him. No way.

What you fail to realize is that the "majority" of fans is why Guns N' Roses is being inducted in the first place.
I understand that you prefer to see this lineup continue to grow and create new music. That's cool, I totally respect that. I never said otherwise.
We are talking about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The new lineup has nothing to do with it, no matter how much you like them.
That's just a plain old fact.

On that night, it should be about the band members that are responsible for it's success being celebrated. Really as simple as that.

I really don't care if anyone shows up. If their hearts aren't in it, then I wouldn't want them to force it. I'm not interested in a reunion, because from all sides I've heard minimal interest, and it seems that ship sailed long ago.

If they are to show up, I'd like to see it done right.
And I very much have a mind of my own, but thank you. I don't need "experts" forming my opinions for me.
I've seen GN'R plenty of times. I know what a powerhouse they are live. Creatively speaking, I wasn't overly impressed with the last studio effort, but I'm very much looking forward to the next. Our opinions of the current lineup really don't have anything to do with this one night.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:58:32 AM by LongGoneDay » Logged
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »

ARTIST TO BE INDUCTED IN 2012 = GUNS N' ROSES  ok

GUNS N' ROSES 2012 = AXL - DJ - RON - RICHARD - TOMMY - DIZZY - CHRIS - FRANK  ok

so

ARTIST TO BE INDUCTED IN 2012 = GUNS N' ROSES = AXL - DJ - RON - RICHARD - TOMMY - DIZZY - CHRIS - FRANK  beer ok

PERIOD!  peace

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »

Sending a video would be epic.

That would be the undefeatable way to show the world he's not still active ''for the money'', and that he believes in and supports the band he forms part.

I can see Axl saying thanks in a fabulous ''i dont give a fuck about this award'' tone and mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUacU0I4yU

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES 2012 = AXL - DJ - RON - RICHARD - TOMMY - DIZZY - CHRIS - FRANK  ok

so

ARTIST TO BE INDUCTED IN 2012 = GUNS N' ROSES = AXL - DJ - RON - RICHARD - TOMMY - DIZZY - CHRIS - FRANK  beer ok

PERIOD!  peace

Dude... we get it! No need to post the same thing over and over again! Tongue

Personally, I think that that's being short-sighted, and severely discredits the efforts and contributions of former members (which as has been pointed out, not even Axl has tried to do, no matter what he thinks of them).

Could we just leave it at that? Otherwise this is just going to go round and round in circles until the end of time.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »

I'm lost on the Brando thing-did Axl refuse the nomination? I missed that part

libertad
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »

I'm lost on the Brando thing-did Axl refuse the nomination? I missed that part

Of course not, I was just kidding about the "sending a video" issue! Wink

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »

He should just show-what's the big deal?

libertad
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2011, 11:20:03 AM »

Amazing oportunity to get the real Guns n' Roses back!.

I'm looking forward to seeing in that stage Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff, if Axl doesn't show up, it would be a shame, but Guns n' Roses is more importan than Axl.

Anyway, if they need an singer, get Steven Tyler for the show!
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2011, 11:21:07 AM »

so

PERIOD!  peace

Dude... we get it! No need to post the same thing over and over again! Tongue

Personally, I think that that's being short-sighted, and severely discredits the efforts and contributions of former members (which as has been pointed out, not even Axl has tried to do, no matter what he thinks of them).

Could we just leave it at that? Otherwise this is just going to go round and round in circles until the end of time.

One thing for sure we agree ? we all have our different points of view.

So I guess we should just sit n? wait to see what happens. I might be wrong but I don?t think Axl will do this or that because of what we write here. So at the end, it?s up to him.

Anyway I hope the current line up goes! This band NEVER sounded so perfect live !

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30