Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Toronto, Ontario - November 22nd
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toronto, Ontario - November 22nd  (Read 6435 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: October 14, 2004, 01:53:14 AM »

Velvet Revolver's playing Toronto on the 16th... Who's going to the show?

I just found out about it right now, and the tickets go on sale in 8 hours (missed the pre-sale).? I'm going to try to do some quick planning to hit up the T dot for the concert.? It's on a Tuesday though, which is shitty.? I may decide to go to the Montreal show instead since I've never seen a concert at the Bell Centre.

I looked at the Seating Chart and one of the options was "Concert Bowl"... it looks like they use half the arena instead of the full thing ("Concert West End Stage").? I'm guessing Velvet Revolver will probably be playing like this, I doubt they could play a west end show like GN'R at this point.

So who's Slither-ing out to this show?? ? ok
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 06:17:16 PM by Sky72 » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 05:26:18 PM »

I picked up 4 Gold seat tickets today..Section 101..not sure which row seats 1 to 4..im lookin forward to a kick ass show ok

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 05:56:11 PM »

? I may decide to go to the Montreal show instead since I've never seen a concert at the Bell Centre.

Do you know when tickets go on sale for this for this one?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 06:11:07 PM »

No clue, I couldn't find it on ticketmaster.ca
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 08:19:53 PM »

so who is going to this show? im leavin montreal at like 10am gettin there around 2 or 3 then shoppin then going to the show drivin back home after the show get home between 3 and 4AM and then go to class at 8:30 to write a linear algebra test!!!

who else is going?

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
Eric
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 11:30:07 AM »

Can someone help me out? Going to Toronto, coming from states for show-first time ever in Canada. What do I need to get across border? Drivers license? Birth cert.? Looking forward to visiting. Thanks, Eric
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 02:23:11 PM »

My guess would be birth certificate,drivers license..if u have anyone else with you younger then 18 they need a signed note to get across..other then that i think thats it...i got my tickets for the show a while ago..one week this monday cant wait

Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 05:24:38 PM »

i think u'll probobly need your passport, and/or birth certificate...

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 12:14:37 PM »

I just heard this on 102.1 the Edge, that Velvet Revolver will be at their studios on Monday Nov 22 at 3pm.  The dj also said that they are working out the details for a live song or two to be played at the same time.  For all of us that are heading to T.O. for the show, its probably a good idea to head down to the edge studios a bit early to get to see them.  This is gonna be wicked

Bitch slap rappin'
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 11:10:01 AM »

3 days till Velvet Revolver..God Damnet i cant wait to hear Fall to Pieces,Slither and Do It For The Kids and do see Slash & Duff playing Brownstone...

realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 12:43:56 PM »

Can someone help me out? Going to Toronto, coming from states for show-first time ever in Canada. What do I need to get across border? Drivers license? Birth cert.? Looking forward to visiting. Thanks, Eric
just show them your tickets,it won't be a problem.
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 01:00:25 PM »

I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna go to the show, I saw VR in May when they came to Toronto. The thing is that I'm a little tied up with the money situation right now; however if I can find a good deal I think I'll go,let me know.  smoking
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 08:19:49 AM »

TORONTO....YOU WANTED THE BEST..WELL THEY DIDNT FUCKIN MAKE IT..SO HERES WHAT YOU GET FROM HOLLYWOOD..VELVET FUCKIN REVOLVERRRRRRRRR.....FUCK I CANT WAIT TILL TONIGHT BABY...OMG IVE  BEEN HEADBANGING ALL MORNING..WHO KNOWS IF ILL MAKE IT THROUGH SCHOOL TODAY..FUCKIN RIGHT SLASH IS A GOD

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 07:26:54 AM »

Revolver bang on - Rock 'n' roll supergroup blast out hits

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 12:53:48 PM »

The concert was amazing, saw them at Kool Haus in May that was sooooooooooo excellent. Seeing slash and duff is always amazing!  Took my seven year old, he stood on his seat and screamed all night.  Wearing his VR shirt and hat looking very cool. ok

The vibe was excellent!

Duff looked like a god! slash was awesome. Scott was full of energy as always.  Matt was great. Dave ran around all the time too.

SeeYa

GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 01:07:54 PM »

Fucking fantastic concert.  I was front row in front of Slash and got the bruises on my ribs to prove it.  First time seeing Slash and he and the rest of the band certainly did not disappoint me.  If you get the chance to see this band, do it!  I almost got one of Matt's drum sticks but the guy next to me was taller so he was able to reach a little further.  I didn't really give a fuck though cause the concert kicked ass!!! 

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 08:54:03 AM »

Just thought I would throw this in, I went to the concert and as usual they were awesome, delay sucked, but worth the wait, plus we didn't have to see the opening band, I wasn't looking forward to that anyway.

We also went down to the Edge 102.1 to see the interview, when the band got out and went into the studio, Scott bee-lined right up to this kid wearing a leather jacket.  He whipped out his wallet and asked the kid how much he wanted for the jacket.  The kid was speechless, it was classic.  Scott gave him $100, a couple of pictures and an autograph, man Scott had a wad of cash on him btw.  When Scott came out for the concert, guess what leather jacket he was wearing?  I just thought it was a pretty cool story to share

Bitch slap rappin'
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 04:36:59 PM »

the show was so awesome! they put on such an amazin act! wow! that was so worth the 6h drive there and the 6h drive home!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 08:05:32 PM »

Where do i start? I guess ill tell you everyhting. The night before i could not sleep. Then at about 11.00pm my uncle called and told us that my first boy cousin had jsut been born, I already have 4 girl cousins. So that made it harde to sleep because i had been wanting them to have a boy. So i threw on Fall To Pieces and went to sleep. So the next day i was so pumped up. I left school at 12 with my friend cody who was coming with me. We went home and pounded Contraband on my stereo. We left at 3.30. We drove to my Mom's Boyfriends- Brothers house because he was accompying Cody,Shawn & I to the show. We arrived in Toronto at about 6.45. We walked up to the Armadillo for supper and got down to the ACC at 8.00 or so. Went in and bought my T-shirt and Ball cap. We had to wait about 30 minutes until they let us inti the actual arena part. We got our seats and the lights went out at 9.30. Matt,Duff and Dave walked onto the stage and played the opening notes to Sucker Train Blues, Slash soon followed, then Scott. Lights were still out,then they hit the heavy starting of the song and the ligths came on.Wow, it was really them.The lights were amazing. Then they movied into Do It For The Kids which rocked. Then came Headspace,Superhuman and Crackerman. Illegal I rocked, got everyone bouncing and shit. Then my faviourite Fall To Pieces. Wow,did they ever hit it big with this song. It sounds awsome live with everyone singing along. Then came Big Machine and Its So Easy.Scott does well on this song. The whole crowd screamed the "So you can just fuck off" part it was awsome. Then Sex Type Thing, i love this song and just discovered it a few days before. Set Me Free was absolutely great, whole crowd knew it. Band went offstage with a ligth in the background flashing back and forth between Velvet & Revolver jsut like the GNR one in 92.They came back out and did a cool version of Used To Love Her with Scott & Slash sitting together at the front of the stage. Then they played No More, No More,during the solo slash played it behind his head and got a huge applause. They went off again and this time Matt came back on playing a little drum thing with a bit of a YCBM tease going into Mr.Brownstone. In my opinion this is Slash's song. He knew itr and the crowd knew it. Slash took charge playing it better then ever. And finally they went into Slither, crowd was kickin for this encore.Slither kicked major ass. So my overall view, i give the show an 8 of 10..set could of been longer and some pyro or something..Lights were great and they had ALOT of energy..Duff looked great and so did Scott. The show started late because there equipment never showed up until 6.00 pm. Scott did a little rant about it, said there stuff got help up at the border ebcause of who they are and what they stand up for. It was cool..Please come back guys..Show was great
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 09:34:36 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: