Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  PHILLY show....tonight (Nov. 10)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: PHILLY show....tonight (Nov. 10)  (Read 8198 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: November 10, 2004, 08:50:48 AM »

i can't believe it's here already. anyone else going tonight? i'll be in the GA area on the floor.

The exies are scheduled to play from 8 - 8:40. VR is scheduled to play from 9:15 - 10:45.

Also, the entire band is planning on going to McFadden's Bar (on Packer ave - connected to the baseball stadium) after the show.

VR rocks!  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 02:02:20 PM »

Hey Sandman,

I will be there tonight, section 226, Row 1, which is pretty decent I guess.  I wasn't sure how it would be on the floor.  The Electric Factory show was awesome and so was the Borgata show.  Are they really gonna be at McFadden's?Huh  I will definately check it out.  And I was planning on hitting Cheerleaders after the game!  Have fun, should be a great time.  Let me know if I really should check out McFadden's!!!!

Thanks!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 02:59:27 PM »

Enjoy you two, meet lots of women and get drunk.. beer
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 03:57:39 PM »

Hey Sandman,

I will be there tonight, section 226, Row 1, which is pretty decent I guess.? I wasn't sure how it would be on the floor.? The Electric Factory show was awesome and so was the Borgata show.? Are they really gonna be at McFadden's?Huh? I will definately check it out.? And I was planning on hitting Cheerleaders after the game!? Have fun, should be a great time.? Let me know if I really should check out McFadden's!!!!

Thanks!

my cousin works for philly mag and has some good connections in the industry. he told me this yesterday. and i have another buddy that said he heard them mention this on 93.3 this morning. but i can't say for sure.

it's a work night, but i'm thinking about checking it out for a little while. that's a tough call for you....the benefits of cheerleaders are obvious, so do you miss that for a CHANCE that VR shows up at mcfadden's? let me know what you decide.

those seats are awesome...enjoy!!

PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 04:31:44 PM »

Thanks for the head's up on the McFaddens Sandman.  It is a work night, so I can't go to crazy!  But I am pumped.  Enjoy the show!

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 04:33:42 PM »

I'll be there...I missed them at EFC (which I'm sure was a blast and a half in such a small hall) but the Spectrum should be okay...I can't wait to see mr. slash!!! Woo Hoo. ok
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 04:50:24 PM »

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. McFadden's is a nice place.  Cool
sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 09:56:24 AM »

the show was incredible. the sound was great, lots of energy, and the crowd was really into them.

slash is awesome. just watching him is worth the price of admission.

they played for about 90 minnutes, and the set list has been simimlar all along (they played 3 gnr tunes).

interestingly, there was a long wait for them to come out. they came on around 9:50 - which i think was more than an hour after the opening act wrapped up.   

did anyone go to mcfadden's afterwards? i had to call it a night right after the show.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 10:02:06 AM »

interestingly, there was a long wait for them to come out. they came on around 9:50 - which i think was more than an hour after the opening act wrapped up.? ?

Both shows I went to here in Europe, they must've come on after 9 since they ended before 11.

But not that "late".

No curfew in Philly?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 10:11:38 AM »

I had a GREAT time at this show.  My tickets were awesome.  I was first row for the lower level.  There was an absolutely smoking hot blonde standing in front of me and nobody else.  The sound was great.  Weiland sounded great.  Slash ripping up the Brownstone solo is worth every penny.  Slither has to be one of the best rockers in the years.  What a great time.  I've seen them 3 times now and each one has been a lot of fun, and the crowds are cool too, no major problems going on.

SANDMAN - I did go to McFadden's.  I spoke with someone there.  They were supposed to show but didn't.  IT was cool there anyway.  Lots of chicks, and the DJ was playing a lot of cool rock music.  I woke up late for work, but it was worth it.  VR kicks ass!!!!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 10:44:46 AM »

i think bands playing at large venues have to be off stage by midnight in philly. and i think they get hit with a fine if they stay on any later. gnr shattered that one back in '91. they were on stage until 2 am.

phillyriot - that sucks they didn't show. on the drive home i heard them announce it again that they were expecting them to go hang out for a little while and do a little on air interview. i almost turned around - but i was there with my wife and we had a babysitter waiting for us.

i'm hurtin today. woke up late, slept on the train going to work, and i'm still hurtin. i have 1 day to recover....tomorrow night is megadeth!

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 11:09:35 AM »

YEah that was a great show...I figure the reason they came on a bit later was because you're only talking about 1 album worth of material (bottom line is that showed up and played their asses off)...loved the Aerosmith No More that Slash pulled out of his Top Hat...The GNR  songs were okay but for me I would have preferred they did some other stuff (non GNR)--classic blues tunes or something...but it was awesome, Scott was great and Mr. Slash was all that and a bag a chips... ok ok ok ok

Dude, you're going to megadeath--is that at EFC?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

i think bands playing at large venues have to be off stage by midnight in philly. and i think they get hit with a fine if they stay on any later. gnr shattered that one back in '91. they were on stage until 2 am.

phillyriot - that sucks they didn't show. on the drive home i heard them announce it again that they were expecting them to go hang out for a little while and do a little on air interview. i almost turned around - but i was there with my wife and we had a babysitter waiting for us.

i'm hurtin today. woke up late, slept on the train going to work, and i'm still hurtin. i have 1 day to recover....tomorrow night is megadeth!

Man of my taste. I saw VR the other day and then tommorrow. The next night is MEGADETH and then two days later SLAYER!! Rock on mofo. I like your signature Bush 1 Kerry 0. That rules!!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 04:47:34 PM »

Man of my taste. I saw VR the other day and then tommorrow. The next night is MEGADETH and then two days later SLAYER!! Rock on mofo. I like your signature Bush 1 Kerry 0. That rules!!

thanks, bro!!

sounds like we're both in the middle of some A+ concert action. i'm doing 4 shows in 8 days...VR last night, megadeth on friday at the Electric Factory, then next wed is cannibal corpse/napalm death, and next thursday is slayer!

keep rockin!!

PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 02:30:50 PM »

Attention Philly fans, this is enticing:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86001&item=3852324555&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2004, 02:54:54 PM »

Sounds killer, glad everyone had a great time.. Just to say when I saw gnr at msg there was a 12 midnight curfew..
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 02:02:08 PM »

I ordered the DVD off Ebay.  I'll let you guys know if it is any good.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 06:57:29 AM »

Review from the The Lawrence Ledger

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 09:30:13 AM »

The DVD boot I got off of EBAY for this Philly show is great.  Great camera work, and the audio aint too bad either.  It is all one could wish for out of a bootleg.  I wish I had a DVD burner so I could share this. 

sandman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 08:35:18 AM »

The DVD boot I got off of EBAY for this Philly show is great.? Great camera work, and the audio aint too bad either.? It is all one could wish for out of a bootleg.? I wish I had a DVD burner so I could share this.?

i ordered the DVD as well. i agree 100%. it's about as good as it gets for a bootleg.

visuals are great. but the shots were always close ups - i wish he would have just filmed the entire stage more often so you could get a better feel for everything going on. 

and the sound is good. i was pleasantly surprised.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: