Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Slash dressed as bucket, scott as axl for halloween show..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash dressed as bucket, scott as axl for halloween show..  (Read 43036 times)
SADIS
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 03:34:03 PM »

Slash is GREAT, but will never be able to play as good as BUCKETHEAD.

Hahahahaha, good one.....
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 04:11:17 PM »

Can't wait to see the pics! It'll be awesome if we can see a video, too!  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 04:22:02 PM »

Weird...I don't picture Slash with the mask and the bucket...did he smoke thru the mask? Wink

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 04:31:33 PM »

Weird...I don't picture Slash with the mask and the bucket...did he smoke thru the mask? Wink
yes he did, one person mentioned it...
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 04:36:38 PM »

That's hilarious.  I wish I could have seen that.  As much as Axl still rocks, his attire from the 2002 tour was weak.  And although the rest of the band was okay (except for Robin maybe), Buckethead looked ridiculous and I'm glad he's gone.  Anyway, this isn't a Gn'r thread, but it's great to see VR have some creativity.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2004, 04:44:59 PM »

Whats creative about it? If it's true their just jerks

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 05:07:28 PM »

That's why they played only 2 or 3 songs in the Halloween dresses.  hihi

Rollin' on the streets
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 05:10:57 PM »

if pics surface it would be here

http://vr.belowempty.com/concerts/2004/041031_LittleRockAR.php
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2004, 05:32:47 PM »

That's funny as hell, happy to hear the fellas aren't taking themselves too seriously...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 06:54:16 PM »

What version of Axl did Scott dress up as? Axl AFD days, UYI days, Axl Vegas shows days, Axl 2002 days...

Dressed up as Buckethead is easy. Yellow coat, white mask and a bucket. Surely Slash didn't spend too much time figuring that out, but Scott, I wonder if Scott pulled out the infamous biker shorts, the Charlie don't surf shirt, the Raiders gear...

Anybody post those pics!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 09:03:21 PM »

Whats creative about it? If it's true their just jerks

It's halloween and they were just dressing up, lighten up would ya!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Straight Whiskey
Opening Act

Puff Puff

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2004, 10:34:35 PM »

I originally posted about this at the Snakepit Forums (Slashsworld.com).

Yes it is true. I was at the show last night. Slash was Buckethead (KFC bucket, a fake wig, & yellow jacket thing) & yes he smoked a cigarette through the little slits in the mask. Scott was Axl (it was hilarious - he wore black leather pants, the red bandana, a little black cropped shirt, a one of those fake wrestler championship belts), Duff was a pretty pink ballerina/fairy (complete with fishnet stockings & a crown), Matt was a skeleton thingy, & Dave was the devil.

The crowd thought it was awesome and absolutely erupted when they came out.

I didn't take pictures because I always prefer to enjoy the show rather than trying to hide my camera. Especially this time because I was in the very front against the barrier bar. But I saw lots of flashes so I am sure pictures will surface soon. I will scan our local paper tomorrow to see if there are pictures.

For those of you that are freaking out because they made fun of Axl & Buckethead... chill out, have a sense of humor. It was Halloween, they were having a good time, & everyone loved it.

& to Mike...
Gunsguy took what I wrote and pasted it at mygnr.. No credit dude Cry
Maybe that's because what you posted was my post at the Snakepit boards? Not really any need to give you credit since you weren't the one that posted the information in the first place, I was.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 11:02:45 PM by Straight Whiskey » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2004, 06:29:05 AM »

SW, I said that because he copied mine, I added some stuff but it's not a big deal.. The minute I posted the info from below empty it went to the other thread.. Secondly I credited you, so it's not a big deal.. Whenever I copy someone even if it's second hand I try to say where I got it, and he got it from here..

redlespaul
The Original Lunchbox?
Headliner

(not a redlespaul)

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2004, 01:44:22 AM »

Hey everyone!  Sorry I'm late to the posting party (been on the road and at work)...

I was at Alltel Sunday night, and it was amazing!  They played in my hometown of NORTH Little Rock, so I drove back (I now live in NW Arkansas 2 hours from Little Rock).  I can verify all that was said in the above posts.  Shinedown, Earshot, and Chevelle played sets before VR.  Right before VR's set, the house lights went out.  The band took the stage, and Slash played the opening notes to WTTJ.  The place went nuts.  He kept teasing WTTJ, the band came in, and then the lights came on, showing the Axl and Buckethead costumes.  It was almost the funniest damn thing I've ever seen at a concert.  They kept WTTJ going for a few more seconds, stopped, and tore into Sucker Train Blues.  They went from that to Do It For The Kids, followed by Headspace.  After that, they left the stage for a minute or two to change.  One of the roadies wore an oversized Easter Bunny costume the whole night, which seemed really out of place, but still funny (During the encore break, he was wrestled on stage by another roadie dressed as the Hulk, complete with green body paint).  The only STP and GNR covers were "It's So Easy" and "Sex Type Thing."  The encore was a cover that sounded like an early Motley Crue (I could be way off here) tune, and they closed with Slither.  One thing I noticed was Duff's backing vocals--they were prominent in the mix, and sounded very strong.  Anyhow, it was an awesome show all around...a photographer was at the foot of the stage shooting the entire night, so pictures should turn up soon enough--I will post them if I can find them.

red
les
paul

red
les
paul
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2004, 04:38:49 AM »

Well if this is true, this is funny as hell.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 05:30:12 AM »

Still no pictures of this ??
The best thing would be a fuckin' video of this !!   ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
SADIS
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2004, 03:34:51 PM »

Are there still no pics around? Seems like it's becoming a fake story after all. Somebody must have put a pic online by now.....
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2004, 03:41:18 PM »

Are there still no pics around? Seems like it's becoming a fake story after all. Somebody must have put a pic online by now.....

I don't know... Wasn't anybody there who could tell us not to believe this lie? Or everybody who attended the show have seen it, but there are no photos? It's possible that someone posted bullshit under different names to sites that ate this, but... I still hope that we'll see the pictures.  Undecided

Rollin' on the streets
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2004, 08:03:38 PM »

I don't know... Wasn't anybody there who could tell us not to believe this lie? Or everybody who attended the show have seen it, but there are no photos? It's possible that someone posted bullshit under different names to sites that ate this, but... I still hope that we'll see the pictures.? Undecided

Its true...Duff was on 93.3 WMMR in Philadelphia on Tuesday, and brought up the show, saying that he was in fact dressed as Courtney Love, while Scott and Slash were Axl and Buckethead.

He also directly commented on his quote about Axl not writing any of the music, and said that sometimes interviewers misquote or take a quote out of context.  He said hes tried to avoid dissing Axl, and he said theres no reason to do it now, especially since theyre doing so well with the new band.

He covered familiar ground - how the band started, Guns breakup, etc. - he also explained that "Used To Love Her" isnt about a dog like many think, but just a tounge-in-cheek country-style song about wanting to kill your girlfriend (or boyfriend, he said).

So theres no doubt this is true, I dont know why there havent been any pictures though.
Straight Whiskey
Opening Act

Puff Puff

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2004, 08:06:27 PM »

I don't know... Wasn't anybody there who could tell us not to believe this lie? Or everybody who attended the show have seen it, but there are no photos? It's possible that someone posted bullshit under different names to sites that ate this, but... I still hope that we'll see the pictures.? Undecided
Uuugh, it happened. Everyone that was at the show confirmed it. Gah.  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: