Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 148683 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »

Im saying , he said a guy passed him with bottles and said he pissed in them... i said he should've notified security.

people normally dont walk around with bottles full of piss.
He clearly stated that he figured the guy pissed in the bottles because he didn't want to go to the restroom and chance missing part of the show.  Plenty of people have done this and will continue to do it.  Pissing in bottles doesn't ALWAYS lead to hurling them at the band.

i swear sometimes i think people just disagree with me for the hell of it.

1. who the fuck has 3 bottles?
2. great thing with GNR being late is u have plenty of time to go to restroom
3. who carries the piss around anyway? wouldn't theythrow it away or leave it somewhere on the floor? and it is anatomically impossible to feel 3 bottles full of piss on one emptying of the bladder
4. Plenty of people have done this? REALLY? its that common that people whip their dicks out in front of 14 k people and piss into bottles? u gotta be shitting me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »

Plenty of people have done this? REALLY? its that common that people whip their dicks out in front of 14 k people and piss into bottles? u gotta be shitting me.

It's not that uncommon at big shows such as festivals etc. where people go stand in the front hours before the first band has even started....

Some people piss in bottles at concerts, some piss on street corners...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2010, 09:24:17 AM »

In the 1960's they threw joints on stage, in the 21st century they throw piss. My, how low people have sunk!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »

In the 1960's they threw joints on stage, in the 21st century they throw piss. My, how low people have sunk!

You missed the underwear....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2010, 09:25:33 AM »

Plenty of people have done this? REALLY? its that common that people whip their dicks out in front of 14 k people and piss into bottles? u gotta be shitting me.

It's not that uncommon at big shows such as festivals etc. where people go stand in the front hours before the first band has even started....

Some people piss in bottles at concerts, some piss on street corners...

/jarmo

For the record, i wasn't trying to be a smart ass, i geniunely have never heard of anyone doing that. WOW. i could understand at a festival but not an arena type show.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »

I'm not saying the majority does it, it happens.

I mean shit that makes no sense to you or me happens daily.

Even at rock concerts.

Like, why would you pay for a ticket only to get so wasted you pass out during the show...

It happens, but it makes no sense to me.

/jarmo

Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »

I for one think all of this is just awesome.  Rock n Roll needs shit like this and who better to give it than Axl.  What tops it off for me is a standing in one spot pissed off Axl Rose sings like a motherfu#*er.  Reading about Reading/Leeds and the O2 show makes me feel like Axl is really starting to get his tour legs now.  I hope he burns the continent to the ground by month's end.

When I go to McDonalds or Taco Bell, I would expect to see certain menu items.  If I go to a Gn'R concert I would expect the show is not going to go on when printed on my ticket.  It's no secret that Gn'R typically starts late.  If I see items thrown on stage at a Gn'R show, chances are likely the band is going to walk.  Again, knowledge and history.

People in Dublin sound funny when they are pissed.  I love the video footage listening to a bunch of angry Irish people.  Seriously, it made my day.  
I've been to hundreds of shows, and I don't attend them like a supervisor at work, looking at my watch and tapping my foot.  It was a 60-90 min wait, I can stand on my head for that long.

All that said, I'm glad the Irish make good beer, I do love your beers.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:32:21 AM by Layflats » Logged

Chicago 11/15/11
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2010, 09:32:20 AM »

Im saying , he said a guy passed him with bottles and said he pissed in them... i said he should've notified security.

people normally dont walk around with bottles full of piss.
He clearly stated that he figured the guy pissed in the bottles because he didn't want to go to the restroom and chance missing part of the show.  Plenty of people have done this and will continue to do it.  Pissing in bottles doesn't ALWAYS lead to hurling them at the band.

i swear sometimes i think people just disagree with me for the hell of it.

1. who the fuck has 3 bottles?
2. great thing with GNR being late is u have plenty of time to go to restroom
3. who carries the piss around anyway? wouldn't theythrow it away or leave it somewhere on the floor? and it is anatomically impossible to feel 3 bottles full of piss on one emptying of the bladder
4. Plenty of people have done this? REALLY? its that common that people whip their dicks out in front of 14 k people and piss into bottles? u gotta be shitting me.
1. a) Someone who drinks 3 beers or more. b) There are probably dozens of empty bottles on the ground in their vicininity, so they could easily have picked up and pissed into as many of them as they wanted to.
2. True, but along the same lines you never know when they're going to go on.  Last time they played MSG they hit the stage pretty much on time, which shocked me.  
3. To throw away a piss bottle you would NEED to carry it around.  To my knowledge people don't come around and ask if you have any trash/piss bottles to throw away like they do on a plane.
4. Yes, plenty of people have done this.  I honestly can't say I've seen it happen but I've seen plenty of people pissing in places they shouldn't at concerts, so a bottle certainly wouldn't surprise me.  

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2010, 09:34:03 AM »

Why didn't u alert security?

in a way u are almost as guilty as the guy who threw it if u knew and didn't say anything.
How the fuck was I to know he was going to throw them?? Did you want me to grab him by the ear and say 'follow me young man', cop yourself on will ya?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »

It's just a total lack of respect, for the band, and the other people who came to enjoy the show,
It just surprised me that Axl+ band came back on,
I sincerely doubt if any other band would have done the same, i know i wouldn't,
Specially if it was clear to me ,or others , that pointed out it was urine,  no

Underwear , fine, almost tradition,
Stuffed bears and or Homer Simpsons, sure, why not,
But why the hell would anyone throw coins or bottles that can hurt the ones you paid for to see?
Whatever way you look at it, it makes absolutely no sense at all,

Anyone who does that shit is a total egotistical, ignorant douchebag.

I bet if those guys (honestly don't think women would do this  Grin ) were confronted one on one with any band member, let allone Axl,
they would turn red, their eyes would water up ,shit their pants and beg for forgiveness, only to be wizzed over  rofl
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »

Actually I did this years ago, ACTUALLY IT WAS A PLASTIC CUP, at Madison Square Garden during an Aerosmith show..I had snuck into floor seating and figured if I went to the BR I would miss part of the show N' wouldn't be allowed back onto the floor..
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

There is a stupid discussion...Simply you can love or hate Axl and Guns n Roses,but you have to have some filling about them...

I love them
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »

There is a stupid discussion...Simply you can love or hate Axl and Guns n Roses,but you have to have some filling about them...

I love them

Everyone on this board loves GNR.  This was just one unfortunate gig.
The crowd, the band, the promoters and the venue all played a part in what happened.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »

Axl Rose is trending pretty high on the various search engines like MSN.com
I voiced my thoughts beneath one of the GNR articles...perhaps we could get some more GNR supporters' voices out there? 
It's a freaking shame people slag off on Axl and the band without knowing anything beyond false bullshit put out there by people who simply hate Axl. 
Axl could discover the cure for cancer, yet he'd still be shit on in the press:

"58 Year Old Former Guns N' Roses Frontman Reportedly Steals Cure for Cancer from True GNR Axe Man Slash." ...bastards.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »

Dizzy Reed, why do you have left your last show in Dublin?
Dizzy Reed: Canceled is the wrong word. It was a longer break, but we finished the gig.

What happened?
A few idiots threw bottles. There is no reason to put up with that. Because this shit is dangerous.

They speak from experience?

Our previous bassist Duff in 1993, was hit by a bottle on his head and had to therefore be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. One of the bottles missed me by inches.We have warned the fans that we will have to cancel the show if they keep throwing bottles. But they would not listen.

So you stopped the show.

Yes, we moved to the backstage area until the mood had calmed. It was a very unpleasant feeling.

It was not the first incident of the tour.

That was how Guns N 'Roses has always been. 99.9 percent of the fans are great, but there are always some drunken idiots who want to ruin everything. Sometimes they throw something, sometimes they instigate a brawl.

How do you explain that?

It has left a great, man I mean, I myself would never spent money to force a band from the stage.Anyone who is dissatisfied should fuck off. But to throw bottles, that's fucking barbaric!

Your front man Axl Rose is also difficult. You have been in the band for 20 years. How do you keep it with him?

For me there was never a reason to get out. A band is like a marriage when one would be married with a bunch of buddies: As it is said sometimes bite through, and put his ego aside. For I have great respect for Axl's talent.

Within the band there was always trouble. They have however always kept out. Are you such a balanced person?
Balanced? (Laughs) If you knew! Not in the slightest. But hey, I see it this way: I'm here, play piano and try as much as possible to contribute to the music. This is my job, and I always have fun. Of course, it happened that my feelings are hurt, but that's normal.

Do you have any contact with former members Slash, Duff and Izzy?
No. We are not talking to each other.

But they played on your solo albums?
Yes, but that was before they got out definitely. After that they have not called me, and I do not. And it is today.

After an incredible 15 years passed until the next Guns N 'Roses album "Chinese Democracy." Why so long?
There is no simple answer. Somehow, the album was just never finished. There were whole years when we were in the studio every night. But we were still not satisfied.When we had it then well done at last, we published it. No matter what others say, I'm happy with it. My life is devoted to this day Guns n 'Roses.

That is, after the tour there is another new album?
We have spoken about it, but we would rather take up something during the tour. But I am very careful.I knock on wood, it works out.

My life was once notorious for excessive Tour.And today?
Anything else than that before I played in the poker room - with my stuffed animals. (Laughs)

What has changed?
At that time, I am totally immersed in this lifestyle, I was convinced that decadence just one of them. A fallacy!When I became a father, I had some tired of this excessive life. Today I have four grown children: makes me happy.

No nostalgia?
Oh well. In the past there was this rock legend still. But the lost. If one now draws Kokslinien by the tits a groupie, it is now on Twitter. The destroyed but any appeal. And then there is still another, even worse side: This whole "Buhu, I sit alone in my hotel room and I feel so lonely that I wanted to throw myself out the window"-blather on the Internet. Terrible! Write a better song about it. Then you have what it even years later.

So no more coke and hookers not for you?
Oh, that's totally overrated anyway. (Laughs) A desperate attempt to fight their own Downs. I feel bad - brings coke and whores!

"Hookers n 'Blow', it was said once, your cover band.
Yes, I found the name so ridiculous that I wanted to have him as a logo. It has also done a lot of fun. Meanwhile, we have buried the project. But you can still buy T-shirts from us!

They play next week in Zurich. Do you remember your first gig at Swiss?
Uff. Blurred. But, now that they say it occurs to me: I wanted as a child in Switzerland, in the mountains. And when we were on our endless "Use Your Illusion" tour, we finally arrived in Switzerland, Basel. But there were no mountains! It was also my wife at the time pregnant with our first child. Since I am ausgetickt for the first time in my life completely. I have completely lost his mind. I could not eat, not sleep. So they put me on a plane and sent home.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #375 on: September 03, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

Do we really think its the change over though? I mean Axl says he likes playing late. That is fine. i don't think we have to make up an excuse by saying it takes the stage crew 2 hours to hook up some equipment. he likes going on late, its the way he said he has always been.Thats a good enough answer to me.

I still wonder if something else was bothering axl though.. i mean he has had shit thrown at him before and rebounded fine. Maybe the inner ear problem during CD? the booing before the show started, just a bad day?

Ive read reviews where a lot of Dublin fans say he seemed kind of aggravated before the bottles were even thrown.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »

Do we really think its the change over though? I mean Axl says he likes playing late. That is fine. i don't think we have to make up an excuse by saying it takes the stage crew 2 hours to hook up some equipment. he likes going on late, its the way he said he has always been.Thats a good enough answer to me.

Jesus.

Nobody said the change over was two hours!

You're acting just like all the morons in the media who exaggerate and simplify everything.

Why can't people stick to the facts?

The opening act didn't go on at 7PM. They went on at 8PM and got off the stage around 9:10PM. 45 minutes for set change. GN'R on at around 10:20PM. You do the math.... Two hours...

People whining about the "wait" seem to include all the time since doors opened disregarding the opening act and the fact that there has to be some work done before GN'R can go on stage.

You don't want to "wait" (watch the opening act)? Sit in a pub, arrive at the venue a little bit later. Problem solved.

Why don't we just start including the time of the ticket purchase to the show start to the "wait" as well?   Tongue Roll Eyes

/jarmo

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »

cool interview by Dizzy, what's your source though?

nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2010, 11:51:17 AM »

the promoters should just take into account that they will be late on stage so just put the start time forward by an hour Smiley then they will be on time
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2010, 11:53:03 AM »

cool interview by Dizzy, what's your source though?
yeah, cool inteview.. I guess the original source was in Deutsch, as it was rather difficultto me to understand some periods wich appear to have some words missing.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: