Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 148693 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2010, 11:53:33 AM »

"58 Year Old Former Guns N' Roses Frontman Reportedly Steals Cure for Cancer from True GNR Axe Man Slash." ...bastards.
FORMER frontman? jesus, GNR have always had the SAME frontman, for 25 years already! "FORMER FRONTMAN" they say hihi

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #381 on: September 03, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »

cool interview by Dizzy, what's your source though?
yeah, cool inteview.. I guess the original source was in Deutsch, as it was rather difficultto me to understand some periods wich appear to have some words missing.

i stole it from another forum  hihi
Switzerland`s Blick tabloid is apparently the source.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »

sorry was talking about in general not this particular show. Axl likes to play late. That is how he has always been. I don't think it is a set change etc. i mean why not have Danko go on at 7? if curfew is 11, why is the opening act starting at 8pm?
I just don't like the apologist. Axl likes playing late, leave it at that. That is ok, if thats what he does, thats what he does but let's don't act like GNR have been late since the late 80's cause of changeover time.

As far as the coming back onstage..who knows? sounds weird the media saying he wasn't "allowed" to leave? WTF, did they chain the doors shut?

The standing in one spot is definitely interesting....... made for some great vocals though.. don't know how happy I'd be if id spent 100 bucks on it though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #383 on: September 03, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »

i mean why not have Danko go on at 7? if curfew is 11, why is the opening act starting at 8pm?

Ok. Try to follow my though here, please.

Doors open before 7PM. People rush in.

Now, let's say we know that the headliner isn't gonna be on at 9PM sharp.

Do you:

A: Send out the opening act for 45-60 minutes at 7PM and have an empty stage for two hours.

or

B: The opening act starts a little later so the break in between bands is shorter.

Many who claim they waited so and so long are actually thinking the way you are. That the opening act was done around 8PM. It was not the case.

I don't even know what you're discussing anymore. It seems like you throw in random stuff that has nothing or very little to do with the show in question or reality.

If you have accepted the fact that Axl goes on when he's ready to give 100% and deliver, what else do you need to know? Minute by minute breakdown of his every move on a show day?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #384 on: September 03, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

cool interview by Dizzy, what's your source though?
yeah, cool inteview.. I guess the original source was in Deutsch, as it was rather difficultto me to understand some periods wich appear to have some words missing.

Here's the link to the interview. 

http://www.blick.ch/unterhaltung/musik/koks-und-nutten-sind-total-ueberbewertet-154703

Yeah, the translation is not the best but...

Their front man Axl Rose is also difficult. You are 20 years in the band. How do you keep it with him?

Dizzy Reed: For me there was never a reason to get out. A band is like a marriage when one would be married with a bunch of buddies: As it is said sometimes bite through, and put his ego aside. For I have great respect for Axl talent.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #385 on: September 03, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »

For those, and believe there are plenty of people out there, who feel that no real threat was posed because the bottles being thrown were plastic, please read this account from kennyabis at chinesedemocracy.com:

Here are his words: "Before Guns came on I got hit with a plastic bottle that still had a lot of liquid in it, the corner of the lid caught me right on the crown of my head and it hurt like hell, my vision got blurry and by throat went numb, thankfully it seemed to subside byt the time Guns came onstage. Although after the gig I ended up having a terrible migraine and lost sight in my left eye. Thankfully I managed to sleep through the worst of it on the bus journey home. In conclusion whether they where glass or not they are still feckin dangerous and I can totally understand were Axl was coming from."

So, this "it was only plastic, it can't hurt anybody" line is complete and utter crap.  Look, someone at the Dublin show was hurt as a result of being hit by a plastic bottle.  Roll Eyes

Ali
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #386 on: September 03, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »

If doors open at 7, and Danko went on right at 7, they'd be playing to an empty arena. People need time to get in, get drinks, sit down.
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #387 on: September 03, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #388 on: September 03, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »

if you throw shit at the stage, you're a shit who deserves to be thrown off a stage.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #389 on: September 03, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

If doors open at 7, and Danko went on right at 7, they'd be playing to an empty arena. People need time to get in, get drinks, sit down.

Very true.

Thanks for reminding me.

Sometimes you wait a while so that the opening band has an audience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #390 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »

I don't understand people trying to find alternate motives as to what went on in Dublin.  Tongue

The fact is GN'R rocked the hell out of the first 4 songs, then yet another bottle comes flying onstage. Guns N' Roses go backstage until, people have calmed down and the stage is cleared. Sure Axl was not impressed by the situation and he had every right to be, it's as simple as that.

Axl came out all Guns blazing and was amazing to watch, it was a pleasure to be there.

To all the people moaning about the lateness yet again, and to all those who weren't even there. The stage was being set up all the time, up until GN'R came on. I heard people booing, and there was still a sound engineer setting up Franks drums. As soon as the stage was set, they came on almost instantly, so people really do need to open their eyes.  Roll Eyes

So people need to basically stop finding reasons and motives purely to slag off the band. I was there and loved every minute of it, and no matter what, there are always going to be haters trying to spoil the fun.  ok

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: September 03, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »

When they played the club shows in NYC back in 2006, I went to the 1st and 3rD, I missed my trains by minutes..Usually the trains leave every hour but at a certain time it's a 2 hour wait..Both times I had to wait 2 hours all sweaty in a grimy Penn Station...Was it worth it? Hell Yeah!! But I had a friend w/ me that probably wasn't to pleased about getting home at 5:30AM..
"If you were waiting to get laid you wouldn't be complaining."
                                                                         -Axl Rose (paraphrase, sometime in the 90's).
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #392 on: September 03, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »

i waited 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! for him to show up once  Grin and i didn`t feel the need to boo or throw anything young people must like to go to bed real early these days!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2010, 04:07:47 PM »

This shit is amusing.

It's obviously not like they tear down the stage and build it up again between the opening act and GN'R!

But you still need to do things.

It's a fact.

Some of you pointing out that the crew were working before the opening act is beside the point.

U2 were 30 minutes late in Helsinki due to technical problems.

Imagine that. Things happen for other bands too.

I bet their crew had also worked before the opening acts went on.

/jarmo

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »

Gn'R hasn't played most of these places in 4 years. I think some they haven't played since the 90's if at all.....so seriously, what's another hour or two?

Axl is God.
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »

So long?

Certain people need to understand the whole concept..

Let's say there's 50 minutes between the opening act and GN'R. People will say "Axl was 50 minutes late".

Which is a lie.

Part of that time is needed to prepare the show. Axl, even if he wanted to, can't go on straight after the opening act has been played their last note....

/jarmo

You completley missing my point. I didnt once mention "axl being late"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: September 03, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

I know, I'm just making it clear how things work.

Because it's obvious some people don't know. Or don't wanna know.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #397 on: September 03, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »

Yeah but how often are U2 late? lets be real about that. and since ok Danko can't play at 7, how about 7:30, that gives people an hour, he plays till 8:30, u got 45 mins for the set up which is 9:15 when GNR took the stage in 2006.

I think people, just like those on message forums over the years get pissed mainly at the lack of communication. a lot of reviews i've read from fans talk about how after Reading, they were concerned that with the 11pm curfew, the show was gonna end early and they were pissed at that.

so with a little communication from either the promoter,axl or whomever, a good part of the crowd wouldn't have been as hostile if they knew the show wasn't ending early. Now of course if some asshole already plans to throw bottles, they are gonna do so anyway, but the majority of the crowd would've been at ease and able to enjoy it knowing the curfew was gonna have no effect.

Pearl Jam fell victim to the curfew a while back and after "alive" the lights got turned on at 11pm and they were basically forced to stop there. so it isn't like the crowd had any idea that this night would be different.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: September 03, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »

Iv seen several shows were bands have fallen victim to the curfew, in particualr foo fighters in hyde park, motorhead over ran.

And it dosent make headlines.

I just think its unfortunte that it happens so oftern to gnr the media/fan backlash will always be great.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #399 on: September 03, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »

Yeah but how often are U2 late?

I think both the Finnish shows last month started after their scheduled time...

As far as I know, people weren't pissed off about it.

lets be real about that. and since ok Danko can't play at 7, how about 7:30, that gives people an hour, he plays till 8:30, u got 45 mins for the set up which is 9:15 when GNR took the stage in 2006.

Huh

Aren't you the one saying you understand that Axl doesn't go on until he's ready?

But here you are trying to act like some kind of manager.....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: