Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 148145 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #400 on: September 03, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »

i dont personally mind the late starts. lets get that out of the way.

I am posting from the perspective of why others are and trying to shed light on why others get upset.

the biggest responses ive seen from the irish boards are:

1. They thought the show had to end at 11pm. with the Reading shit they read etc and the fact that curfew has always been strictly enforced, they were pissed thinking the show was gonna be cut short:

2. The car parks/Transportation issue

3. the lack of any communication, most are saying they wish Axl would've just apologized for the start and they would've been good with it.

once again, this is the Irish fan, reviews I've read. i happen to agree with these points. I don't care about the starts cause i know about them. i do think we overestimate casual fans knowledge of this however.

So that is my point about if the promoter or whatever would've came out during the changeover and assured the fans that the show would go on until completion and their cars wouldn't be locked up..    the crowd would've been less hostile. sure someone if they planned on being an asshole and throwing stuff, still would've  but the crowd wouldn't have been so hostile on a whole.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #401 on: September 03, 2010, 05:51:07 PM »

Do we really think its the change over though? I mean Axl says he likes playing late. That is fine. i don't think we have to make up an excuse by saying it takes the stage crew 2 hours to hook up some equipment. he likes going on late, its the way he said he has always been.Thats a good enough answer to me.

Jesus.

Nobody said the change over was two hours!

You're acting just like all the morons in the media who exaggerate and simplify everything.

Why can't people stick to the facts?

The opening act didn't go on at 7PM. They went on at 8PM and got off the stage around 9:10PM. 45 minutes for set change. GN'R on at around 10:20PM. You do the math.... Two hours...

People whining about the "wait" seem to include all the time since doors opened disregarding the opening act and the fact that there has to be some work done before GN'R can go on stage.

You don't want to "wait" (watch the opening act)? Sit in a pub, arrive at the venue a little bit later. Problem solved.

Why don't we just start including the time of the ticket purchase to the show start to the "wait" as well?   Tongue Roll Eyes

/jarmo
I don't really get that either.  I hardly go see the opener to any show unless I'm interested in the band.  I'm going to see the headliner, most of the time I could care less about the opener.  I'd much rather drink for less in a bar/parking lot than pay through the nose and watch a band I could care less about in the arena.

No offense to the openers or the people who like to go see the whole show, that's just me.  Especially for a GNR show when you know there's a good chance they won't be going on for some time.  I guess not everyone is aware of this fact, but how couldn't you be by now?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #402 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »

Do we really think its the change over though? I mean Axl says he likes playing late. That is fine. i don't think we have to make up an excuse by saying it takes the stage crew 2 hours to hook up some equipment. he likes going on late, its the way he said he has always been.Thats a good enough answer to me.

I still wonder if something else was bothering axl though.. i mean he has had shit thrown at him before and rebounded fine. Maybe the inner ear problem during CD? the booing before the show started, just a bad day?

Ive read reviews where a lot of Dublin fans say he seemed kind of aggravated before the bottles were even thrown.
Things HAVE been thrown at the band before and they've been warned and followed orders and refrained from throwing anything else.  The crowd didn't do that in this situation.  They kept throwing shit.  THAT'S what pissed him off.  To my knowledge, a crowd hasn't treated the band with such disrespect before.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but THAT'S the reason.  It's not that he just "had a bad day".

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #403 on: September 03, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »

It's funny - I was just listening Brownstone from 09-21-1986 and the same shit happened, somebody threw a bottle, hit axl and he called the show.  I guess somethings never change . . .

Don;t get me wrong, I do not blame the band for leaving the stage and I give them credit for going back on, I just found it funny as I was listening. 

Wake up. . . .time to die
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »

What page is the setlist on?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #405 on: September 04, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »

The show from 9/20/86 was stopped because water was spilled on the electrical and the police stopped the gig. Yes Axl did get hit by a bottle and was not happy about it.,but thats not what stopped the show. That was just one Asshole that had no idea who he was watching on stage that night at that free concert.

recklessroad.com
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #406 on: September 04, 2010, 12:47:24 AM »

What page is the setlist on?

You can find it here:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/tour/tour-10_4.php

It doesn't matter if it's GNR or Justin Bieber.  Those assholes that throw shit can show up anywhere.
It's up to the venue's security to throw those assholes out.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/09/justin-bieber-water-bottle-hit-head-bangs-hair-video/

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:02:09 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #407 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:18 AM »

i think there are two main points in all of this

1- people shouldnt throw bottles to the stage, in that respect Axl and the band have to see for their own safety. so its logic that they have to leave the stage until things get better.

2- like me there are many fans that dont get bothered if they play on time or not (actually i havent seen GNR live).  but there are people that do get mad and i think its okay, they paid their ticket and they have the right to know more or less at what time they are getting home etc. we can say "fuck them, then dont go to see GNR" but like we cant control who buys the tickets thats just unreall.  Axl has the right to perform at the time he wants and the crowd has the right to be unhappy if they feel they are not treated right.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #408 on: September 04, 2010, 03:53:32 AM »

I think the sad part of this is, it was probably going to be a special show for the band i heard phil lynott's` mother was there and had met them before the show and presented them with a miniture replica statue of phil that`s in Dublin town centre i feel sure that some reference to him and thin lizzy would have been made it`s a shame we`ll never know i`d love to hear Axl cover a thin lizzy song.
Also how simple would it have been for the officials at the arena to inform there staff and the audience not to worry about the 11o`clock curfew and that they would be fine getting there cars it would have saved alot of stress all round. What i say is if Phil lynnots mum can rock to the early hours so can we!
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #409 on: September 04, 2010, 05:03:47 AM »

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #410 on: September 04, 2010, 05:37:20 AM »

Fucking hell, we shouldn't really be suprised that Axl has spent so much of his time over the last fifteen years away from the media. When he does go on tour look at all the shit he gets, it fucking crazy.

If someone had thrown shit at U2 or Rhianna and they'd have walked off stage it would have been reported that some idiot spoiled the show, at a Guns concert its reported that its Axl's fault.

Imagine if someone you never met threw something at you, you'd punch them in the fucking face right?

It doesn't matter if the bottle was plastic or if it had piss in it or not, if you think it does..... Give me your address I'll come round and through plastic bottles of water at your head, see how long it takes you to smack me in the chops.

I feel sorry for the band right now and I wouldn't be suprised if they cross the UK and Ireland off the next tour, we don't deserve them.

Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #411 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:36 AM »

Here's what Axl thinks about people who throw stuff at the stage (from one of his message board chats in December 08):

Quote from: Dexter @ CD.com
Quote from: Appetite on Today at 11:17:55

Fan
Axl if under assumption you tour the UK again will you be going back to Newcastle? despite the last time one prick there throwing pound coins about. I was there that night in 2006 and it would be a shame for the next tour not to stop there because of one idiot out of thousands (althouh I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then that and down to promotors).

Axl
That wouldn't stop us from playing there again. And the whole throwing shit sucks and is pretty cowardly but the leaving I got at Donnington from Lemmy. When we 1st played Donnington I was so happy I had knocked a bottle of piss out of the air when Lemmy gave me a lecture how if another band got hurt because I allowed people to throw things at our shows I'd be responsible for other bands getting hurt. Whether real or there's an argument against that, I've never been able to have anything override that in my head, not even a riot and I don't know why.

If you're working hard and some cunt throws something so he can tell his buddies I don't see where it's worth it
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:55:13 AM by Is he struggling? » Logged

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #412 on: September 04, 2010, 07:37:13 AM »

If it makes the situation take some form of context, Tony Blair was having stuff thrown at him today in Dublin, not a good week for Dublin.

The irony being there's an argument for one deserving these because of consequences of their actions, that have affected lives for real. Yet the media will report it as an assault on them, rather than "arguably justified provocation at his alleged war crimes " 

Funny that don't you think, Guns n' Roses go on stage at a time they are ready to give a night to remember and they blasted by all and sundry (or should that be All incendiary!) The comparisons couldn't be further apart, yet the mob rule "one size fits all"  method of dishing out their kind of justice see's the more likely candidate for doing bird, being beyond reproach, what a mad,mad world we live in.  rant

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #413 on: September 04, 2010, 08:00:32 AM »

Yes, I do remember listening to Axl saying something to the crowd about spilling water on the electrical. My original post wasn't a criticism of the band, i guess it was ironic / timing that this happens to be a huge story over the news and I was listening to it.

The show from 9/20/86 was stopped because water was spilled on the electrical and the police stopped the gig. Yes Axl did get hit by a bottle and was not happy about it.,but thats not what stopped the show. That was just one Asshole that had no idea who he was watching on stage that night at that free concert.

Wake up. . . .time to die
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #414 on: September 04, 2010, 09:49:04 AM »

Hey dont worry GnR, apparently Dublin likes to throw shit at anyone, really shows how cowardly some regions treat people. Its as if they went to see these people solely to harass them. This is an article I found on Yahoo about shoe and eggs! being thrown at former PM Tony Blair. Yet he will not get an ounce of negative press over it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100904/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_blair
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #415 on: September 04, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »

Hey dont worry GnR, apparently Dublin likes to throw shit at anyone, really shows how cowardly some regions treat people. Its as if they went to see these people solely to harass them. This is an article I found on Yahoo about shoe and eggs! being thrown at former PM Tony Blair. Yet he will not get an ounce of negative press over it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100904/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_blair

Yeah the press are reporting the crowds being unruly rather than it being Blair's fault, but in all fairness the media have been tearing him a new one for at least five years since he took us into an illegal war!

I'm a bit bemused at the incident in Dublin. I've been to gigs at Slane Castle and it seems out of character, but when idiots fill themselves full of alcohol anything can happen, which is pretty sad to be honest. It's been happening at Leeds for years, it's just usually confined to the campsite. At the end of 2002 tents and toilet blocks were on fire and there were police helicopters overhead, it was more like Apocalypse Now!

Be Aware of Legacy
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »

I'm Irish and I'm horrified at the way scumbag sections of the crowd treated the band.

Booing and throwing stuff is unacceptable and the security was non existant.

If you want to see slash or see the band change their name
or expect the band on time :dont go. It's really that simple. rant

You expect GNR to be on time? rofl
Then you are not GNR fans.

Apologies to the band from your real fans in Ireland.

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #417 on: September 04, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

Yeah but how often are U2 late?

Well, the difference is that GN'R is a Rock N' Roll band and U2 is music for pussys.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #418 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »

Yeah but how often are U2 late?

Well, the difference is that GN'R is a Rock N' Roll band and U2 is music for pussys.

I wouldn't say that but we aint here for U2 nuf said Smiley
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #419 on: September 04, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »

When I saw guns n' roses live in Dublin the irish people couldn't be nicer.
First of all the security insisted on putting on some sunscreen, he wouldn't leave before we did so.
Then everybody got drunk but in a nice way. We stood where the crowd was the wildest but as soon as someone got hurt everybody helped him get up. Then there was 1 drunk that started to annoy people and everybody gave him the evil face and he was gone before I knew it.
To be honest, it was the best crowd of all the 2006 gigs I've seen Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: