Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:32:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Dublin, Ireland Sept. 1st 2010  (Read 148935 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: September 02, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »

You know I actually think Axl had the majority of the crowd won over until that last bottle flew at the stage...then it all really fell apart but you know what, it was the most memorable Guns n' Roses show I was at! Really crazy! I had a great time, I really mean that. I was blown away by the band and Axl is in great voice. He was pissed off but sang amazingly. Gotta love that voice. The irish media were slating Axl today. I've been defending him on radio all day. I know alot of people were put out by the late start and had no choice but to leave early but they missed a hell of a gig. I'm actually glad to have witnessed such a mad gig and been part of GNR history

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #341 on: September 02, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

Why didn't u alert security?

in a way u are almost as guilty as the guy who threw it if u knew and didn't say anything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2010, 08:15:36 PM »

in a way u are almost as guilty as the guy who threw it if u knew and didn't say anything.

Not everybody with a bottle will throw it at other people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »

/jarmo

he said a guy passed him and said he pissed in a few bottles... whats he gonna do drink it? obviously he was gonna throw them.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »

As I promised earlier, here is the picture of the GN'R jet that Greg spotted as we was heading to Irish immigration after the flight. I was really starstruck at seeing this, it made us even more excited for the concert. I instantly took out my N70 and snapped it the best I could.  Cheesy

I know the pic is not 100% clear but I had to zoom quite abit to get it, I have also made it smaller so it's more vivid. The GN'R jet is the one on the right.

This logo was on the rear fin of the jet. (but with a clear white background)

Really amazing to see as you step off the plane, not something you see all the time, really special.  Grin

(Will post this in the tour thread too, incase people miss it)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:25:45 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

/jarmo

he said a guy passed him and said he pissed in a few bottles... whats he gonna do drink it? obviously he was gonna throw them.

Umm, what do people do with bottles? Get rid off them without throwing them at somebody maybe?

I'm not saying he didn't throw them because I have no idea.

I returned some bottles to recycling today. Nobody got injured.

No, I didn't piss in them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »

Im saying , he said a guy passed him with bottles and said he pissed in them... i said he should've notified security.

people normally dont walk around with bottles full of piss.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »

People sometimes urinate without malicious intent.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »

To anyone who is pissed because GnR didn't go on stage at the time the ticket stub said, welcome to GnR. Scratch that, welcome to rock and roll. At least what it used to be. There are so few true rock legends in the world at any given time and so many wanna-be's.
Axl is a rock legend, and proved it by coming back(and I know it's reported that he was "forced" by promoters) and still singing his ass off. Yeah, he didn't move around like he usually does, do you blame him?
What would you have done?
Just coming back out at all shows respect for those fans(99% of them) that were there to have a great time.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »

I've just found 3 interesting videos

the first one is the end of LALD, where tommy tells the crowd they had a great time in 06' and to "don't make dublin look bad"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJja8aF7JU#

Jungle with great quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8EZDIKdgM#

ChiDem. You can see Axl and the crew guy tryin' to fix the monitor, but it doens't work so Axl got angry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwpPPc5fxTs#
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:52 PM »

Call me crazy, but this may just have been the best performance the band has given.  We all know what's bad about the show, but that is only one way of looking at it.  What I choose to focus on is how Axl and the band once again refused to do what others told them and stuck to their guns. 

1.  They weren't ready to play until their pyro and stage show was perfect.  Axl needed to also be in the right frame of mine. Sometimes you have to wait a little, but my god, those Irish are a bunch of pussies if an hour makes them cry that much.  The point is -- YOU DON'T TELL AXL ROSE WHAT TO DO!  He does what he wants.  That's why he's a global rock star and you are not.

2.  Nobody -- NOBODY deserves to be hit with bottles. They're musicians, not soldiers.  As a fan, I absoulutely do not want my favorite band to be hurt or possibly killed by people hurling glass bottles at them.  Not to mention the sanitary issues of what may have been in those bottles.  If Axl refuses to let people throw bottles at his band, then I say three motherfucking cheers for him.  I wouldn't let anyone throw bottles at me either.

3.  Even though the crowd did not deserve it, Axl humbled himself, did the professional thing, and eventually came out and finished the show in triumphant fashion.  Again -- THIS IS MORE THAN THOSE FANS DESERVED!  Axl would have been totally justified to take his band to a more grateful country if those drunken Irishmen can't keep it together.

To me, this show represents everything that I as a fan treasure about my favorite band.  They do their own thing and they don't take shit off anybody.  Got a problem with it?  Kindly fuck off and go listen to Justin Beiber.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #351 on: September 03, 2010, 01:23:25 AM »

Checking my mail just now and saw "Axl Rose" was trending #1 on yahoo. Of course, I knew why he was, so I was reluctant to click on it, but I did. One of the links was to a video of the incident (at www.ontheredcarpet.com). There was a poll attached asking if Axl should have walked off. Surprisingly (to me), 80% of the votes said he did the right thing. And most of the comments were overwhelmingly against the fuckheads who were throwing the bottles.
I thought Axl's voice sounded kickass in the video, and he handled the matter with class. I hope the fans who stuck around and didn't fuck it up got a good show.
Hey, at least there wasn't a riot. maybe the Dubliners were too tired because of the "late" start (yawn...) crying

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2010, 02:11:24 AM »

Not to point out the obvious, but if you throw a glass bottle at someone's head, and they say if you do it again they'll leave, and then you throw a glass bottle of urine at their head, and then they do leave, it may not be fair to blame it on them. cause at that point the only thing they did to you was duck. sure changeover's take time, and i'm sure axl would apologize for their audio and pyro equipment not being magical and instantaneous if they knew you were dumb enough to believe it'd take anything less then 45 mins etc. but that stuff always takes longer than you expect. the time estimate they give you is if nothing goes wrong. you work with an audio system that big several things are gonna need to be replace/tweaked.

And i don't care what you do, but for me, no matter where i am or what i'm doing. be it that i'm at work or enjoying a sandwich of some sort, if someone throws a glass bottle filled to the brim with their angry and smelly urine, i'm going to leave. that's just common sense, and i'm sure any of you would do the same.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2010, 03:07:16 AM »

If someone came in and threw bottles at me when I was working, you can be damn sure there'd be consequences. No one in their right mind would just stand there and take it, are you kidding me?

I don't get the few douchebags who come to shows just to start shit, what a sad life to lead.

In Helsinki a couple of guys were booing behind us at the start of the show and my husband (not a GN'R fan) gave them a few choice words, even he got annoyed at the stupidity  hihi

Most likely the band will be late, if you can't deal with that like an adult, don't go.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2010, 05:04:57 AM »

Anyone going to a GNR concert should know by now that, chances are, you'll going to have to wait awhile before the show starts. They've only been doing this for 20+ years. I mean, didn't Axl once say that he's going to write it in his will to have his coffin show up late for his own funeral?

Some people are just incapable of being on time. It isn't that they're rude or disrespectful; they just can't help it. I'm certainly one of those people. I think I set a record in high school for tardies. It got so bad that the principal even threatened to send me to the school for troubled students, which would've been a first.  So I've always been able to relate to Axl in that regard. If I tell you I'll meet you somewhere at 3:00, don't even start looking for me until at least 3:15. No matter how hard I try to be on time, it just seems like I'm always late.

Anyways, back on topic . . . I think Axl showed great maturity to go back out and finish the show. There are always true fans at the shows who just want to see one of the greatest bands of all time put on an amazing show, and it sucks when a few dickheads can ruin it for everyone. It's good that the real fans still got to see it, but nobody could've blamed Axl if he had called it a night, especially considering that they still kept throwing stuff even after the warnings.

Here Today . . .
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2010, 06:42:56 AM »

I believe Axl and the whole band should do a clear the air type interview with someone in the media with a lot of clout, MTV or something. Discuss the reality of the start times, all the issues of late, the media onslaught and apologise for anything that they could have done better and explain the truth about things they cant have helped to make people understand. Just have a frank discussion and put it out there. Whether its anyones fault or not, things are really getting out of hand and I think doing something like this would go some way in reducing the tension.
There is real danger of these bad vibes surrounding them escalating further and someone could get hurt, if I was in this band I would really want to try bring the situation back down to earth.

This wouldn't achieve anything (imo) - the media (in the main) has a clear anti-Axl agenda and it would just be twisted to fit the narrative they want. Take for example today's Irish Herald (I saved the article and review if anyone is interested) - it is basically a hatchet job (photo of Axl with caption Diva Rose etc) talking about the bottle incident making it out like not such a big deal and the band should have stayed on stage and then hilariously it references a page further back in the newspaper where there is a completely outrageous piece personally insulting Axl and the band written by someone else (did he even attend the gig?).  Axl refuses to play ball with the media and I love him for that.

GREG
(was going to post a review but there are a couple of excellent ones here already! Hope everyone enjoyed the updates - to be honest it was nice to move a little further back after the band left the stage where I could fire off texts more easily if they came back - at least I knew I wouldn't get caught in any riot!)

Negative anti GN'R media agenda, I'm wondering if this possibly could have something to do with the promoter company's and the Azof lawsuit?
I bet there is some influence coming from that corner. I smelled something fishy at the start of the first leg of the tour, the LA airport incident, the Slash t-shirt thing and so on.
I think its all part of one big smelly fish ! And I wish I'm wrong !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2010, 07:15:53 AM »

I've just found 3 interesting videos

the first one is the end of LALD, where tommy tells the crowd they had a great time in 06' and to "don't make dublin look bad"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJja8aF7JU#

Jungle with great quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8EZDIKdgM#

ChiDem. You can see Axl and the crew guy tryin' to fix the monitor, but it doens't work so Axl got angry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwpPPc5fxTs#

Thank's !!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »

Reading some reports; God how annoying some 'journalists' can be... Roll Eyes

"the crowd were boing and throwing bottles"

-but when you look at the videos you see people humming to LALD, shouting 'Axl!', dancing, singing and cheering. So some guys who cause trouble and fuck up the show for everyone else = 'the crowd' in the head of some (probably semi-sosiopathic) journalists. How lame...

At least there is cool Axl pics in the press tho, fuck them! Grin

Axl sounds better and better, is kinda like adusting himself so smoothly to his potential as a soontobe 50 YO.

LOL@ 1.56 and onward...Doh! Tongue

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:40:14 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »

Im saying , he said a guy passed him with bottles and said he pissed in them... i said he should've notified security.

people normally dont walk around with bottles full of piss.
He clearly stated that he figured the guy pissed in the bottles because he didn't want to go to the restroom and chance missing part of the show.  Plenty of people have done this and will continue to do it.  Pissing in bottles doesn't ALWAYS lead to hurling them at the band.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »

Better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSOJGSGCNs

This I Love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KKuQdzuGMY

Street of Dreams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_5xRhcUJ-8
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: