Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:49:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy: "We want to make a new album, it's a good time"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy: "We want to make a new album, it's a good time"  (Read 40198 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »

I know this has been said before....

but to get back on the track of the thread..

the fact that Tommy Stinson or others don't have an equal footing with Axl in the business end ... they cant push towards anything... this to me is the number 1 problem in getting another album or albums

no matter how many times dj ashba says we want to, or we are gearing towards something new... I have as much as influence on it happening as he does....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »

Random interviewer : Have you had a chance to hear Slash's latest album?

Axl : No, and I don't care.  We haven't worked together in almost 20 years.  He does his thing, I do mine.

Random interviewer : Do you think you guys will ever patch it up, at least to be civil to each other.

Axl : Who knows?  But who cares?  Let me tell you about my current band...

This is hard to do?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »

Why didn't you bold the parts where he talked about the current band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »

Why didn't you bold the parts where he talked about the current band?

Because I'm out ta get him.  But I won't break him.

The conversation was about stopping talking about Slash.  Since the interviewer says they were expressly asked to refrain from bringing him up, only to have Axl do it himself and then fixate on it, I felt it illustrated exactly what I was talking about.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »

So, let me guess this straight. You want more people to talk about GN'R. And to achieve it, Axl needs to talk to the press, but not mention Slash?

Is that close to your "master plan"?
So the reason why more people are not talking about GN'R today is because he mentioned Slash in those interviews?

People were talking about Axl and GN'R even during those years when he didn't say a word. So the answer doesn't seem as simple as "do more interviews but don't mention Slash"...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:35 PM »

So, let me guess this straight. You want more people to talk about GN'R. And to achieve it, Axl needs to talk to the press, but not mention Slash?

I think that conversation is pretty talked out. 

Once you say that one of you will be dead in a box before you speak again, I think that qualifies as settled business. 

Is that close to your "master plan"?
So the reason why more people are not talking about GN'R today is because he mentioned Slash in those interviews?

Who ever said that?  Sounds like you are the one saying that. 

Personally, I don't see the connection you are trying to make.  Can you expand on it?

People were talking about Axl and GN'R even during those years when he didn't say a word. So the answer doesn't seem as simple as "do more interviews but don't mention Slash"...

He was certainly able to get some mileage out of the Howard Hughesesque, "what ever happened to that crazy bastard" mindset that was out there.

But that was a one shot deal.  If you ever intend to release another album, you can't bank on the mystique of being gone for so long.

He's been out there.  He's been around.  The next album, if there even is one, will have to be sold on its own merits.  If he can be bothered.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

I'm just trying to understand and connect the dots.

Because I don't see what you're trying to say here. It's all over the place.
None of us are in the music business, so we're just fans speculating. Or am I wrong?

You want more people to talk about GN'R. Which requires publicity. An interview can get publicity. But you have "rules" for the interview. Is that because the publicity gain would be better if your rules were followed? And if so, what are your qualifications to make that statement?

I personally think that Axl gets publicity any time he talks. The subject doesn't matter. He's a fascinating guy. The fact that he doesn't give interviews to every newspaper makes him more fascinating.

Look at his tweets about the Superbowl half time and the giraffe! How do you react to that? Are you saying those tweets were not good for anything? I mean, people were talking.... Google "Axl Rose super bowl" and check the results. People were talking!

Yet here you are saying nobody talks about GN'R. Sure, you can say sometime like "they only talked about Axl". But doesn't most people associate one with the other?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »

I thought the tweets were a good idea.

I have long made the argument that those things are smart and take less than 5 minutes of his time.  Good move.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »

And if the record company is reluctant to part ways because of the untold millions that would be made if a reunion were to happen, then can?t the parties agree, as part of release from the contract, that if a reunion ever happens, UMG will be their record company?  I mean, you?d think Axl would offer that deal, considering a reunion is never going to happen. 

Point being:  there are creative ways to get around any problem if you want to.

This is very interesting.  I wonder if that would work.

I do agree they probaly don't give much of a shit about the current line-up, but aren't giving up their interest in the breand in case a miracle occurs and they re-unite.  That's smart business.

If you are Axl, and that gets you out from under them, aren't you 'bout it, 'bout it?  Yeah, rights to the reunion album.  All you, buddy.  He signs that with one hand as he makes a jerking off motion with the other.

Say what??  Huh

So not only do youze want Axl to LEGALLY agree to something that he is vehemently opposed to (reunion) because he'll have his fingers crossed behind his back while he signs the contract BUT youze also think that all the legal eagles at the record company (or whomever) are so inept that the contract they're having him sign won't include language guaranteeing (forcing) something reunion-esque??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »

Say what??  Huh

So not only do youze want Axl to LEGALLY agree to something that he is vehemently opposed to (reunion) because he'll have his fingers crossed behind his back while he signs the contract BUT youze also think that all the legal eagles at the record company (or whomever) are so inept that the contract they're having him sign won't include language guaranteeing (forcing) something reunion-esque??

If they could contractually force a reunion, they'd have done it long before now.

Hard as it might be to hear, the label's main (and perhaps sole) interest in the GNR is that hell freezes over, Axl heart grows three sizes like The Grinch, and he reunites the band.  They aren't missing out on that payday.  Certainly not after sticking with Axl and all his bullshit.  They paid him 14 million dollars to take the better part of a decade to release an album that made zero impact.  They are hanging on to him in case he wises up, as they see it.

But if that is their concern, fine, sign it over.  Rights are yours, fellas.  They are already just hanging in there on a hope Axl has a complete personality transplant.  What's different here?

But if it gets them to let him go, so he can be free to release all this new music he so badly wants to, except for those bastards at the label holding him back (which is the talking point you get)...why are you not trying whatever you can to make that happen?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »

If they could contractually force a reunion, they'd have done it long before now.

The reason that they haven't been able to contractually force a reunion is because Axl isn't stupid enough to have signed a contract ... cross his heart, hope to die, stick a finger in his eye... containing anything that would even suggest it were a possibility!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »

The reason that they haven't been able to contractually force a reunion is because Axl isn't stupid enough to have signed a contract ... cross his heart, hope to die, stick a finger in his eye... containing anything that would even suggest it were a possibility!!!

I don't think you are following me here.  I am not suggesting Axl signs a contract to reunite the band.

What I *am* saying, is that their main interest in him at this point is hanging on in case there is a reunion.  And they are not going to let him out of the contract and lose out on that payday.  Which makes perfect sense

But if they were willing to let him out, but retain their rights to any possible reunion album...what does Axl give a shit?  The reunion is never happening.  He is signing away a possibility that will never come to be.

This would free him up to release stuff on his own, or with some other label, or however he wanted.  This would challenge the narrative that were it not for his sadistic tormentors at his current label, we'd be swimming in new GNR music. 

It would at least clear it up.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »

I don't think you are following me here.  I am not suggesting Axl signs a contract to reunite the band.

I understood you the first time and what you're suggesting is stu..... is not the smartest thing for Axl to do.

But if they were willing to let him out, but retain their rights to any possible reunion album...what does Axl give a shit?  The reunion is never happening.  He is signing away a possibility that will never come to be.

Here's where your thinking goes awry.  AXL DOES GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS!!!! He's stated so over and over, in no uncertain terms ... NO REUNION EVER!!! 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »

Gypsy you are missing the point...

dX fully understands the chance of a reunion ever happening

He's expressing that the label holding out for one is not necessary..they can let Axl walk without fearing missing out

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

Gypsy you are missing the point...

dX fully understands the chance of a reunion ever happening

He's expressing that the label holding out for one is not necessary..they can let Axl walk without fearing missing out

Yes everyone understands that a reunion is never going to happen because Axl has made his feelings on the matter totally clear.  So clear that I can't imagine any scenario where he would even entertain the thought of signing a legal document suggesting any hint of the possibility of it ever happening.  No way.  No how.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »

Here's where your thinking goes awry.  AXL DOES GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS!!!! He's stated so over and over, in no uncertain terms ... NO REUNION EVER!!! 

Whoa, time out.

Is your argument that Axl is too...I'm guess you're going to go with, "principled", to sign something like that?  That even going through the motions for business purposes, he can't bring himself to do that?

Hell with the pressure, he's not caving in?  That sort of thing?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »

Whoa, time out.

Is your argument that Axl is too...I'm guess you're going to go with, "principled", to sign something like that?  That even going through the motions for business purposes, he can't bring himself to do that?

To answer your question:  YES that's what I'm saying.

"principled"  That's our Axl!!! hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2014, 07:32:12 PM »

Whoa, time out.

To answer your question:  YES that's what I'm saying.

"principled"  That's our Axl!!! hihi

And this makes sense to you?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »

It isn't a matter of making sense to me.  It's just the fact of the matter.
"fact" meaning statements made by Axl expressing his opinion on the topic.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »

It isn't a matter of making sense to me.  It's just the fact of the matter.
"fact" meaning statements made by Axl expressing his opinion on the topic.

And I could express an opinion that there's a little man in my television that will control my thoughts, so I best make a hat out of aluminum foil and bacon grease.

You know what people would say about me?  That DX...he seems a little off.

And those people would be correct.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: