Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:12:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin  (Read 49174 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2005, 07:57:25 AM »

Hey has anyone gotten the book yet? I didn't think it was out yet but there is already a review of it on Amazon.

I wonder where that person found it because it's still on hold at Amazon and the publisher's update stated they would start shipping the books on March 7....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2005, 08:07:17 AM »

Did you read the review on Amazon?

Anybody here could write the same thing without reading the book....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2005, 08:32:35 AM »

Did you read the review on Amazon?

Anybody here could write the same thing without reading the book....

/jarmo

You mean there are bullshitters among GN'R fans? Wow  Shocked hihi

Seriously, that's possible but I can't really see the point of completely making up a review  Huh

borntolose
Opening Act

panties 'round your knees

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2005, 01:00:53 PM »

I didn't think it was out either.. but this person says they got it and read it all and don't want to spoil it for anyone else. So I was confused...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2005, 08:32:20 PM »

3.) The book is currently at press with the new cover, which looks AMAZING, and is a photo I am not sure has been seen of Izzy before. We are getting daily updates on progress- expect our first shipment of books in at the end of next week- and will begin shipping on Monday March 7.

Posted by B.M.P on www.beenafix.com

Thanks for posting that KZiggy but I have my doubts what B.M.P says there is true.? no

I placed my pre-order in early December expecting to receive the book in the middle of January like the ad said ... then, according to the e-mail that Jarmo received on January 30th(posted above), the shipping date would be the 10th of February ... now it's March 7...

To date, they never answered the e-mail I sent them questioning the delay in shipping and their phone has been disconnected ...

My suggestion to those who want to order this book is to wait until somebody actually receives a copy.? ?Sad

March 7th was last Monday.? I'm typing this on the evening of March 12th.? No sign of Izzy anywhere.? Cry

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2005, 09:17:45 PM »

By the way, does anyone know if this will ever be sold in book shops, or just on amazon and the publishers website? Huh? Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2005, 07:34:17 AM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This email confirms that 'Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story Of Izzy Stradlin' has finally cleared our legal entanglements concerning the cover photo clearance, and is formally at press.  We will have our proof this coming Monday, and will have books in the mail to everyone in approx. 10 days.
This delay has been unavoidable, and we apologize deeply for the delay.

What we need from everyone who had sent in money for a pre-order to please email us back with the following information so we can organize the ship out:

1.) Your name and full mailing address
2.) How much money you sent and how many books were covered under that order
3.) Specifically if you wired us your pre-order payment, indicate so please

We apologize for any inconvienence, but this is necessary given the multiple countries we are shipping to.  We promise no one will be disappointed in the final product, and appreciate your business.

If you have not yet ordered the book, and still wish to: Please send a check or money order made payable to Black Market Publishing, to 168 2nd Avenue, Ste 372, NY NY 10003.

Lastly, for European customers who have not yet ordered: We are in final negotiations with a publisher in Finland to license the book for release in that country, and possibly beyond to Europe-wide distribution.  We will keep everyone on this list posted.  Thank you, staff, Black Market Publishing

Got this in the e-mail today.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2005, 09:20:37 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This email confirms that 'Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story Of Izzy Stradlin' has finally cleared our legal entanglements concerning the cover photo clearance, and is formally at press.? We will have our proof this coming Monday, and will have books in the mail to everyone in approx. 10 days.
This delay has been unavoidable, and we apologize deeply for the delay.

We apologize for any inconvienence, but this is necessary given the multiple countries we are shipping to.? We promise no one will be disappointed in the final product, and appreciate your business.

Got this in the e-mail today.

/jarmo

On March 17th, I received this same e-mail.? TO DATE I'VE RECEIVED NOTHING!!!? rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2005, 11:34:29 AM »

Yeah, it's still on hold at Amazon too, and they didn't even answer my latest email. This smells fishy indeed....

nyd
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2005, 12:40:57 PM »

Hi,

Read the comments on our Izzy board beenafix.com before buying the book. They have used articles from Izzy/GNR sites aswell as crappy poor quality jpegs. They spell Axl as "axi" and Izzys real name is spelt Isabella (which is wrong!)

Interviews have been poorly edited together making an uncomfortable read and when we posted our negative reviews on the izzyboard this is some replies the WRITER OF THE IZZY BOOK wrote:

"most of you clowns who are knocking this book border on fucking Trekies, so I guess I feel bad enough for you as is. "

"based on your pussy-ass premature reviews, and in general, being a real pain in the ass. Another thing dude, if you attempt to contact the European publishers and get in the way of my making a living, I will sue your ass, and WIN. You can check the case law on it, what you are doing- outside of complaining on this board- borders on libel. I hope you try motherfucker."

I understand him protecting his work but it was uncalled for. A writer has to handle negative criticism more professionally.

Regards,
Will

-The Izzy board has pulled all promotion and endorsement for this book.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2005, 12:48:18 PM »

My question is : where did you get the book?  My order is still on hold at Amazon  Huh

nyd
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2005, 04:59:43 PM »

I don't have the book, when I said 'we' I was speaking for the whole community.

I think those who have the book already ordered direct from Black Market Publishing. If you ordered off Amazon I think it was going to take an extra 2 weeks as they have to ship to Amazon, just so they can forward it to you.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2005, 09:00:12 AM »

I don't have the book, when I said 'we' I was speaking for the whole community.

I think those who have the book already ordered direct from Black Market Publishing. If you ordered off Amazon I think it was going to take an extra 2 weeks as they have to ship to Amazon, just so they can forward it to you.

I ordered mine directly from Black Market Publishing and I haven't received Jack Shit from them!? rant

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2005, 05:08:58 AM »

"most of you clowns who are knocking this book border on fucking Trekies, so I guess I feel bad enough for you as is. "

"based on your pussy-ass premature reviews, and in general, being a real pain in the ass. Another thing dude, if you attempt to contact the European publishers and get in the way of my making a living, I will sue your ass, and WIN. You can check the case law on it, what you are doing- outside of complaining on this board- borders on libel. I hope you try motherfucker."

What a tool, that guy deserves to get his ass kicked. At least now I know I'm never paying a cent for that book.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2005, 08:40:59 PM »

Anyone know the lastest news on the Izzy book?

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2005, 12:52:45 AM »

Does anything ever come even remotely easy to GN'R fans?  What the hell are we doing wrong?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2005, 01:32:04 AM »

Did anybody ever get this book?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2005, 07:55:37 AM »

I don't think so.

Looks like a scam.....

/jarmo

nyd
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2005, 11:05:57 PM »

I don't think so.

Looks like a scam.....

/jarmo

People on the izzyboard have already got the book but are not happy with it. After reading other peoples reviews other members have now cancelled their orders (its just that bad!!)  Undecided
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2005, 12:13:40 AM »

[People on the izzyboard have already got the book but are not happy with it. After reading other peoples reviews other members have now cancelled their orders (its just that bad!!)? Undecided
I don't know what those izzyboard people are claiming they've read but it certainly was NOT this book because this was just a scam!? I ordered and paid for this book back in December 2004!!!? The so-called "publisher" disconnected their phone months ago and have never replied to any of my e-mails!!!? IT WAS A SCAM!!! ?rant

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: