Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MTV Portrays Euro Tour As A Success
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTV Portrays Euro Tour As A Success  (Read 2390 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« on: August 02, 2006, 11:32:08 AM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1537577/20060801/knowles_beyonce.jhtml?headlines=true

It's a small news item, about halfway down the pge.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 11:35:50 AM »

why wasn't it a success? Huh

i think it was...got the band on the road..shake the rust...generate some excitement...

now they come back home and sort out a tour and get the album out ok

GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 11:37:30 AM »

I never said it wasn't, just nice to see good press from a big source. They even showed the incident on the  last night in a positive light. I know a lot of people don't care for MTV, but having them on GNR's side can't hurt, and it seems like they still love Axl.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »

I neversaid it wasn't, just nice to see good press from a big source. They even showed the incident on the? last night in a positive light. I know a lot of people don'tcare for MTV, but having them on GNR's side can't hurt, and it seems like they still love Axl.

ah i see...when you said "Portrays" it threw me off hihi and i agree....MTV saying nice things is a good thing peace

Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:40:56 AM »

Maybe a nice way of getting GNR to play out the VMAs this year?.........peace
anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:42:01 AM »

Guns N' Roses' 32-date European trek concluded over the weekend, and now frontman Axl Rose plans to return to the U.S. for a road trip this fall. "We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this," Rose said in a press release. "I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility and insanity. It was an amazing night. I want to thank everyone in Europe and the U.K. for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the U.S. in September." No U.S. tour dates have been revealed. The final stop on the GN'R European tour, Sunday night's gig at London's Wembley Arena, nearly didn't go off. Rose was diagnosed with low blood pressure and low blood sugar on Sunday morning, and became ill after performing two concerts the night before. A physician advised that the frontman skip the stage that night and be admitted to a hospital instead. Rose responded with a "F--- that ? I have a show to do and I am not missing it," the release said. He did make it through much of the band's two-hour set before collapsing. Sebastian Bach took over for Axl to perform the show's encore, "Paradise City." ...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »

I don't think the journalist really portrays anything, it's just a copy/ paste/ rewrite from the press release.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »

It just seems to me that a lot of headlines I see are "Axl Rose walks off" or "Axl falls ill, fans dissapointed."

This blurb makes him seem like he did all he could before pulling out.

mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:53:04 AM »

I don't think the journalist really portrays anything, it's just a copy/ paste/ rewrite from the press release.

True, but since press releases are always sent out to paint occurrences in the best light possible,  a rewrite of that is much better than it could have been, and helps to sell the band to MTV's audience. Who, incidentally, I don't think have much overlap with GnR fans, but still.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 03:04:36 PM »

MTV news is read by more people. So it's jolly good that they put up a paraphrase of the press release. yes
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 08:20:06 PM »

in fact, nobody is givin a shit about guns n' roses...sorry guys...thats our thing!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: