Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:53:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's birthday - Twitter Trending Topic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's birthday - Twitter Trending Topic  (Read 18491 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »

Just someone shout "GO!" here on the forum, and I will tweet.  Grin

and we can tweet/retweet as many times we want. Grin
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »

I think Axl might freak out with all the tweets  hihi

No, it's not like that. We won't spam him. The idea is to post only the hash tag (the one with # in the beginning) to our twitters and each one can write s message along with it but not putting "@axlrose". The # tag doesn't show up on Axl's twitter as mentions.  He'll only see it if eventually we really make it to the "trending topics" because like someone said here, it shows on everyone's twitter page around the world. If we make it to the trending topics, then everyone, including Axl, by clicking on the tag will see all of the posts related, therefore all of our messages.

IMO is a great way to show him our support and love!

We should start on 0:01AM California time, since I assume that's where he'll be for his birthday. That's UTC/GMT -8 hours or Pacific Standard Time (PST).
does it have to be the same messaage for it to become a trend one, we should make one message and post it so everyone makes it the same (if thats the case) (im new to twitter)

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »

no. as far as you include #happybirthdayuncleaxl in your tweet.
Caroline
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »

Great idea Ali!! ok

"... Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed up the time .... all [ I ] need is just a little patience..."
alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 06:59:24 AM »

I think to make it a trend, we better start a bit earlier than est hits the 6th.
Maybe like as early as Christmas Island time, UTC/GMT +14 hours which is 19hrs ahead of htgth time.

I'll start tweeting a couple hours before the 6th. I believe this way we'll have some more time to get to TT. Anyway, my local time is about 5 hours ahead... Smiley

peace

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »

The tag should be #happybirthdayaxl, not "uncle" Axl. The point is, we want to let the world know we love Axl, so no need to input this "internal joke".

To the twitter newbies, everybody has to use the exact same tag if we want to make a trending topic, but the message before can be different.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »

The tag should be #happybirthdayaxl, not "uncle" Axl. The point is, we want to let the world know we love Axl, so no need to input this "internal joke".

To the twitter newbies, everybody has to use the exact same tag if we want to make a trending topic, but the message before can be different.

Sorry if this is a silly question but how "exact" does it have to be?  Does case matter?

Is #happybirthdayaxl  considered exactly the same as #HappyBirthdayAxl

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »

Sorry if this is a silly question but how "exact" does it have to be?  Does case matter?

Is #happybirthdayaxl  considered exactly the same as #HappyBirthdayAxl

don't matter if its lower or higher case.
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »

What an excellent idea.  I'm participating in this for sure.

Also, if anyone here does NOT have a Twitter account - or is too technoscared of signing up on their own  hihi - but would still like to participate, let me know and I'll set it up for you.  You can always just change the password after, but I think this is a great idea and would like to get as many people involved as possible.   

PM me if you need assistance and I'll take care of it for you (self-professed Twitter junkie).

Rapture
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »

I hope Axl does another interview for his birthday like he did last year
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »

was just a joke in this thread. thought everyone knew that Sad
Lesley
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 02:09:27 AM »

As far as I know, it doesn't have to be exact.  A trending topic just has to be a topic that's getting a lot of tweets, it doesn't need to contain exactly the same text at all.  If you want to search for the topic though, it's easier to find if you include the hashtag (#) and the same wording.  Plus, it's easier to copy and paste if it's the same.

Twitter will count your tweets if you just put Happy Birthday Axl!  or if you put #happybirthdayaxl, but sometimes they stop counting a trend if it's determined that people are spamming.  I'm not sure how they determine that.  This is from the Twitter 'Trending Topics' help page:

Stay Trendy

Besides observing and participating trends, it is also possible to abuse them, but of course, this is against the Twitter Rules. The following behaviors and others like them could cause your account to be filtered from search or even suspended:

* Adding one or more topic/hashtag to an unrelated tweet in an attempt to gain attention in search.
    * Repeatedly tweeting the same topic/hashtag without adding value to the conversation in an attempt to get the topic trending/trending higher.
    * Tweeting about each trending topic in turn in order to drive traffic to your profile, especially when mixed with advertising.
    * Listing the trending topics in combination with a request to be followed.
    * Tweeting about a trending topic and posting a misleading link to something unrelated.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 08:54:42 AM »

Ah, thanks for the info.  So I guess it'll be more of a one and done type thing, unless you can get real creative and think of different ways to incorporate Axl's birthday into tweets.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:26 AM »

I guess we'll need all GN'R forums pulling together on this one.

Everyone informed?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »

Everyone informed?

Yes, only tweet #happybirthdayaxl one time each or we risk getting it shut done.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »

Everyone informed?

Yes, only tweet #happybirthdayaxl one time each or we risk getting it shut done.

I meant, are CD.com, mygnrforum etc. in on this too?

Sweetness is a virtue
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 09:39:50 AM »

you guys are all aware that Axl probably read this and probably knows about your plan already right?  rofl

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »

you guys are all aware that Axl probably read this and probably knows about your plan already right?  rofl

Yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »

i think he's too occupied with the shows to read the boards.

As far as I know, it doesn't have to be exact.  A trending topic just has to be a topic that's getting a lot of tweets, it doesn't need to contain exactly the same text at all.  If you want to search for the topic though, it's easier to find if you include the hashtag (#) and the same wording.  Plus, it's easier to copy and paste if it's the same.

Twitter will count your tweets if you just put Happy Birthday Axl!  or if you put #happybirthdayaxl, but sometimes they stop counting a trend if it's determined that people are spamming.  I'm not sure how they determine that.  This is from the Twitter 'Trending Topics' help page:

Stay Trendy

Besides observing and participating trends, it is also possible to abuse them, but of course, this is against the Twitter Rules. The following behaviors and others like them could cause your account to be filtered from search or even suspended:

* Adding one or more topic/hashtag to an unrelated tweet in an attempt to gain attention in search.
    * Repeatedly tweeting the same topic/hashtag without adding value to the conversation in an attempt to get the topic trending/trending higher.
    * Tweeting about each trending topic in turn in order to drive traffic to your profile, especially when mixed with advertising.
    * Listing the trending topics in combination with a request to be followed.
    * Tweeting about a trending topic and posting a misleading link to something unrelated.

thanks

so i can't tweet/retweet about this so many times but altering it like adding dear, uncle or whatever is ok after all. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:52:21 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »

Yes.

ok just checking  Wink

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: