Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Greatest Hits mean GH setlist at RIR?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Greatest Hits mean GH setlist at RIR?  (Read 7177 times)
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« on: February 26, 2004, 01:53:04 PM »

First of all, I'll be pleased if GNR simply show up at RIR as I have my doubts, but, let's say they will be there for def, just for now...

If an artist puts out an album a month or so before a tour/big gig, isn't that essentially what they'll play. What I mean is, with a GH album being released a couple of months prior, won't joe public be expecting a GH set? And I'm filled with fear that GNR will simply deliver just that? To me, it seems like an even worse position than the 2002 tour (where they had no CD out) in terms of hearing new material.

Just a thought,

Bob

Back In Power
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

First of all, I'll be pleased if GNR simply show up at RIR as I have my doubts, but, let's say they will be there for def, just for now...

If an artist puts out an album a month or so before a tour/big gig, isn't that essentially what they'll play. What I mean is, with a GH album being released a couple of months prior, won't joe public be expecting a GH set? And I'm filled with fear that GNR will simply deliver just that? To me, it seems like an even worse position than the 2002 tour (where they had no CD out) in terms of hearing new material.

Just a thought,

Bob

The release of GH will have no effect on the setlist at lisbon. Either they will play the setlist they've always done, or they'll give us something new.

Axl won't pander to the label to help sales of THIS album.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 03:21:35 PM »

I doubt they will be playing the 'same set' as the previous Rio and last "tour." My guess is that they will play something along the following lines...

From AFD:
Welcome to the Jungle
Sweet Child O'Mine
Paradise City
It's so Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Rocket Queen
Nightrain

From Lies:
Patience

From UYI1:
November Rain
Don't Cry

From UYI2:
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
You Could Be Mine
Civil War

From CD:
Chinese Democracy
(ROCKER)
(ROCKER)
(MID-TEMPO)
(BALLAD)

Basically I think they may nix Out To Get Me, Think About You, My Michelle, Live N' Let Die for some other UYI favorites like Civil War and Don't Cry (who knows, maybe even Estranged). I also think they will scrap The Blues and Madagascar for some other 'new' tracks off CD (but keep the title track for reminder/marketing purposes).

Just my opinion...or is it hope  Tongue

How's this for an according set list?

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
You Could Be Mine
Mr. Brownstone
It's So Easy
Don't Cry

(CD ROCKER)
(CD ROCKER)

Civil War
November Rain
Sweet Child O'Mine

(CD MID-TEMPO)
Nightrain
Patience
Rocekt Queen

ENCORE:
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
(CD BALLAD)
Paradise City

« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:32:17 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 03:31:34 PM »

Yes, if GnR play Rio it will be because they want  to hype Chinese Democracy's release. I can't see them going out for any other reason. They could care less about the Greatest Hits release.
If they don't have their CD ready to roll by early summer, I can't imagine them playing anywhere, unless they're already contractually obligated to do so.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 04:10:42 PM »

Remember the GH was supposed to come out last year - its time so near to RIR4 is just coincidental and i doubt it will have any bearing on the track list they play.

Axl will also have to play atleast 2 new songs as well - if in the last 2 years he hasn't come up with anything he wants to share with the world then the album really is finished.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 05:26:37 PM »

Yes, if GnR play Rio it will be because they want  to hype Chinese Democracy's release. I can't see them going out for any other reason. They could care less about the Greatest Hits release.
If they don't have their CD ready to roll by early summer, I can't imagine them playing anywhere, unless they're already contractually obligated to do so.

I think GNR will play at Rio just because it's Rio. I don't think it has anything to do with CD or GH.

But of course, we all wanna hear SFTD at Rio  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 11:08:54 PM »

I think GNR will play at Rio just because it's Rio. I don't think it has anything to do with CD or GH.

You really think after not playing or making any appearances in 18 months, that Axl is gonna get the band together, rehearse, fly to Europe, play the Rio show and then go back home..just because it's RIO? I know they have a history of playing the last 2 RIR, but c'mon....they need a better reason than that.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 02:22:59 AM »

You really think after not playing or making any appearances in 18 months, that Axl is gonna get the band together, rehearse, fly to Europe, play the Rio show and then go back home..just because it's RIO? I know they have a history of playing the last 2 RIR, but c'mon....they need a better reason than that.

Money.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
SlashFan
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 03:53:35 AM »

Money.

Money,money,money  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 07:57:21 PM »

I really hope that if they play, they won't do the same set as in 2002.....  nervous

I wonder what the RIR4 show is supposed to promote? If it's the new album, I guess they have to announce its release before May 30th?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 12:33:22 AM »

I really hope that if they play, they won't do the same set as in 2002.....  nervous

I wonder what the RIR4 show is supposed to promote? If it's the new album, I guess they have to announce its release before May 30th?

/jarmo

One would assume so, esp. if they are doing other Euro shows. Doing another "just for the fuck of it" tour ain't gonna win over anybody, and probly piss off whats left of the faithful.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: