Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  worst show in 2006 / just wanna know....ok
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: worst show in 2006 / just wanna know....ok  (Read 7561 times)
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 03:49:29 PM »

Worst show that the band played... Rock In Rio judging by the bootlegs. Axl's voice was very weak.

The problem with the bootleg was in the broadcast not with the band, I am sure people at the show would beg to differ.? Once the sound issue gets fixed during YCBM they sound great.?

I was there and yes i do beg to differ, it was A GREAT SHOW, you just had to be there ok
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

Probably the Portland one where people started arriving and it got cancelled. Oh, and there were mixed reviews on the Jersey show. Wherever it took place, can't remember.

The Jersey show was fine, the band sounded great but the crowd sucked big time.? ?I guess it was my least fav of the 6 I attended this year but like I said that was entirely due to the lameness of the crowd, not what the band was doing.

I can't imagine anyone on here who is a fan saying a show was bad (one that the band was actually at, that is).

You can't blame me for that!  I for one was having a freaking blast!!  It was great meeting other HTGTH folks before the show, including the man himself, Jarmo!   beer

Bad show?  Hell no!  The band kicked ass.   The only problem on that 3 1/2 hour ride to and from the show was I forgot to check the AFD jewel case...there was no AFD in the vehicle!   crying  My passengers almost mutinied.  Embarrassed

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »

I'm voting for the Portland, OR show as just a guess.  I was there and we didn't get PC to finish the show.  There was no reason other than Axl just wasn't feeling it.  That sucked and Portland, OR was misrepresented.  This is a music-loving town and this show was tough on a rainy cold Monday night.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Slash Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 10:07:03 PM »

any show that was cancelled Cheesy

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »

Probably the Portland one where people started arriving and it got cancelled. Oh, and there were mixed reviews on the Jersey show. Wherever it took place, can't remember.

The Jersey show was fine, the band sounded great but the crowd sucked big time.? ?I guess it was my least fav of the 6 I attended this year but like I said that was entirely due to the lameness of the crowd, not what the band was doing.

I can't imagine anyone on here who is a fan saying a show was bad (one that the band was actually at, that is).

I agree. I haven't heard a single review by anyone, whether fan, or entertainment reporter, that didn't highly enjoy their show on an actual performance level, whether in Europe or North America.

The biggest complaints have been mainly on the crowds. Sometimes you just have bad crowds. It's part of the business.

There were some lame asses at the Estero show, which was also a small turnout (then again it was only a 6-7,000 seat venue), but the band themselves kicked ass.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 11:52:35 PM »

any show that was cancelled Cheesy

dude, you can't have a pic in you sig, they're text only  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »

lol I didn't realize that was in his sig.  But it is a great picture.

Can't comment on a "worst" show.  The show I saw was great. ok

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:04:04 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 10:23:15 PM »

I'm thinking Jacksonville was one of the weaker shows just from what I have read. 

However I agree with most in this thread that all the shows kicked ass according to almost all the reviews I have read.  I was at the show in Winnipeg and that show and the one in Edmonton I think were the best of the Candian shows. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 01:36:19 AM »

The jersey crowd fucking sucked...but i was in the front row against the railing that night....that makes up for the shitty crowd,,but of the 4 shows I saw this year the jersey one was the weakest cause of the crowd....even though the band sounded awesome!!
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »

I was at the Jersey show and by no means was it a bad show.  The band was awesome that night, and Axl seemed like he was in a great mood.  There were some minor sound issues, but other than that the band was fucking fantastic.

The crowd was awful though, it seemed like 85% of them wanted to be somewhere else.  I guess that's what you get when the band takes stage around 11:30 pm on a Sunday night.  A lot of the crowd left early too.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

I was at the Jersey show and by no means was it a bad show.? The band was awesome that night, and Axl seemed like he was in a great mood.? There were some minor sound issues, but other than that the band was fucking fantastic.

The crowd was awful though, it seemed like 85% of them wanted to be somewhere else.? I guess that's what you get when the band takes stage around 11:30 pm on a Sunday night.? A lot of the crowd left early too.

85%??? I think thats a bit high. maybe 15%. alot of people left at the half way point i guess they had work in the morning. but the band killed it, the sound wasnt great but CAA isnt known for great sound anyways.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 05:05:59 PM »

I'd say donnington from all the shit that was reported Undecided

sound issues, crowd throwing bottles, axl falling, tommy freaking, axl leaving for a part of a song, crowd throwing coins, crowd boos

Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

sound issues, crowd throwing bottles, axl falling, tommy freaking, axl leaving for a part of a song, crowd throwing coins, crowd boos

Gotta disagree with you on this one - I went to 3 shows in the UK this Summer and I would say the last show of the UK tour in London for me was the weakest of the 3 and I was at that crazy place called Donnington. The thing is those things you mention actually made it a good show. Believe me, the first half of the show bordered on a train wreck.? I was terrified they were going to leave, parts of the crowd were awful, sound problems? Tommy genuinely pissed off etc but the 2nd half was awesome. They just turned it around and because things were so bad and became so damn good that made it a top night for me.

Last night there was so much hype and we had a great meet up in the pub beforehand with some folks from the board and then.....no surprises and Axl didnt finish the gig. It wasnt bad, they were still good just felt it could have ended better. But when Axl spends the night before partying with Jarmo what do you expect......... hihi

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »

Actually, from everything I've read and seen, Axl and the gang pulled it together and gave a great fucking show winning the crowd over as the show went on!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »

Actually, from everything I've read and seen, Axl and the gang pulled it together and gave a great fucking show winning the crowd over as the show went on!

Kerrang reviewed that show and gave GNR 0 out of 5 for their Donnington performance, the BBC said GNR were the highlight of a great event.

In the end no show is the same to any one person and a great show for one person is poor for another, but I've read too many good reviews of Donnington to think it was the poorest GNR show of the year. I think the show in Sheffield only had one new song played and some shows in the US have suffered from flat or small crowds so they may be contenders but without seeing good boots of every show they did in 06 it's impossible to call 'the worst show of the tour'.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »

Kerrang reviewed that show and gave GNR 0 out of 5 for their Donnington performance, the BBC said GNR were the highlight of a great event.

In the end no show is the same to any one person and a great show for one person is poor for another

Yeah, you either have a well respected broadcasting establishment, or a bunch of 35 year old wanna be rockstars who were rejected by the NME.  Or Mick Wall. Wink
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 07:25:10 PM »

Well, I was at the Worcester show, and while Axl did experience mic problems for a good portion of the night, the band was tight musically. I'd like to see the band try the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston next time, the facility is much newer than the DCU Center. That could make a difference soundwise.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 07:51:17 PM »

In the end no show is the same to any one person and a great show for one person is poor for another, but I've read too many good reviews of Donnington to think it was the poorest GNR show of the year. I think the show in Sheffield only had one new song played and some shows in the US have suffered from flat or small crowds so they may be contenders but without seeing good boots of every show they did in 06 it's impossible to call 'the worst show of the tour'.

Kerrang only did that because they've been on Axl's shitlist since 1991, because of Mick "lyin' mother fucker" Wall.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »

Gotta disagree with you on this one - I went to 3 shows in the UK this Summer and I would say the last show of the UK tour in London for me was the weakest of the 3....

Last night there was so much hype and we had a great meet up in the pub beforehand with some folks from the board and then.....no surprises and Axl didnt finish the gig. It wasnt bad, they were still good just felt it could have ended better. But when Axl spends the night before partying with Jarmo what do you expect......... hihi

-Greg

Have to agree with you there, Greg, that the second night at Wembley did feel like a huge disappointment, precisely because the expectations for it were so high.? Also, you could tell that Axl was definitely off colour from almost the very beginning.? Don't think I can personally class it as the worst gig for me though - although I agree that we should definitely lay the blame at Jarmo's feet for Axl's early bath.? ?Tongue? Wink

No, for me the outright winner has to be Dublin, where they went on stage far too early and while I was still partaking of the obligatory Guinness in the hotel bar.? ?Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: