Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 13 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 13 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena  (Read 132826 times)
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2006, 12:07:10 PM »

I just saved $40 on hotel (and possibly another $5-12 on parking) by switching from the Wyndham (booked directly) to the Days Inn (booked through Expedia).   ok

I have faith that GNR won't cancel this show.  There's two full days between this show and the one before it (MSG) -- plenty of time for the band to get rested and ready to play in another big city.
vedderone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2006, 12:16:13 PM »

still waiting on the announcement for the new opener.... if it is someone good we can count on even more tix being sold
sandman
Legend

« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

i feel much better about this show happening.

Axl was fully prepared to play a venue with only 3,000 people. the show was canceled for other reasons, not poor ticket sales.

i'm psyched again!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Himmygirl0928
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2006, 01:30:12 PM »

dont want to make a wrong turn in Baltimore.

Why do say that? nervous bearing in mind once the show has finished i will be walking up to Penn Station and waiting til 3.30 for a train back to Newark

I've lived/worked in or near Baltimore all my life, it is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I used to have to walk home from work 11:00 p.m or later and never had a problem.

I am going to the show to. Can't wait!!!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:31:57 PM by Himmygirl0928 » Logged
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2006, 02:28:59 PM »

Sounds like a decent crowd will be gathering at the bar beforehand. I'm planning on getting into town around 4, checking in to the Days Inn and then... let the games begin!!!  I'm definitely getting excited about the show as it draws near.  I was at the ill-fated show in Philly a few years ago and had tickets to the next one at the Spectrum. But I did just fly down and see them in Tampa in October and IT ROCKED!!!  If the bars are closed after the show we'll definitely be partying in my room after (like rock stars, of course!)  See you all soon.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »

Problem ... Im not getting out of work until about 5.  this girl Im talking to wants to go out to dinner after, she doesnt know im going to the concert.  Im not going to cancel on her, so I guess Im going to get there just for GNR

vedderone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »

im sooo excited its soo  sooon..... they should be announcing a new opener soon or maybeeee guns will play an extra hour Wink either way ill be in line at 9am if you see a guy wearing a Kapp sigma shirt come say hi!
ryan rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2006, 07:07:16 PM »

ryanrose is also going

youve just gotta laugh.
ryan rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »

i am real phsyced for the show. I had tickets for the show in 1989 I think it was camped out for them but my son was born the day the show was for. didnt make it. so this is my second chance. lol

youve just gotta laugh.
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »

OK, i am like thinkin im at a 75% chance of going to this show.  2 of my buddies said they might go(like a 50/50 chance they can make it), if one of them goes then i'm definatly in.  If they both say no, then im not sure if i'll go.   This is the only show on the tour that I can make (because of location....its close by so i can drive to and fro). 

What should I do??? Im not a big fan of going to concerts alone, but I really want to see the band!!

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2006, 07:44:20 PM »

OK, i am like thinkin im at a 75% chance of going to this show.? 2 of my buddies said they might go(like a 50/50 chance they can make it), if one of them goes then i'm definatly in.? If they both say no, then im not sure if i'll go.? ?This is the only show on the tour that I can make (because of location....its close by so i can drive to and fro).?

What should I do??? Im not a big fan of going to concerts alone, but I really want to see the band!!

Don't look at it as going "alone".  Look at it as going "by yourself".  You're gonna end up in a place with thousands of like-minded individuals, so you'll hardly be "alone", and it shouldn't be too hard to strike up conversation if you like.   yes  And if you go to the Wharf Rat before the show, you can meet some of the folks from this forum...  At least one of whom (me) is going by themself too.

BTW, this is the only show on the tour that's close to me, too.  (I got a hotel room for convenience...  I'll be getting up at 6:00am for work that morning, and after being up from then until ??, I know I'm not gonna feel like driving home.)  I'm hoping there will be another leg in 2007, and that that leg will include Washington DC.   Cool
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2006, 07:50:40 PM »

Problem ... Im not getting out of work until about 5.? this girl Im talking to wants to go out to dinner after, she doesnt know im going to the concert.? Im not going to cancel on her, so I guess Im going to get there just for GNR

Bring her with you  Huh   Wink   Grin
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »

dont want to make a wrong turn in Baltimore.

Why do say that  nervous bearing in mind once the show has finished i will be walking up to Penn Station and waiting til 3.30 for a train back to Newark

I've lived/worked in or near Baltimore all my life, it is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I used to have to walk home from work 11:00 p.m or later and never had a problem.

I am going to the show to. Can't wait!!!!

Like any major city, Baltimore has its good sections and its bad sections.  You just have to stay aware while acting like you belong right where you are.  If you look out of place / scared / nervous, that's when you are vulnerable.  And don't give the bums any money!    yes
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2006, 09:21:20 PM »

After reading through most of this thread, im still thinking about going.  my friends are maybe's. 

If I do go, i guess i'll show up at the whart rat.  Homemade brews sound good.  Im 23 years old, and looking to get kinda banged up before the show.  So look for me there, I'm a big guy, but I get all jolly when im drunk...and no, I'm not santa claus.

Although a good spot in the arena would be nice, all the pissing I will be doing will probably prevent that.   Hope to meet some of you board members out if I can make it down on Monday night.

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
vedderone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2006, 12:41:10 PM »

get excited 4 days away!!!!!
Rocket Killer
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2006, 11:33:51 PM »

Hey Everyone? Grin

I like to say that Jarmo runs a good website.I come here all the time to read what's going to at the shows.I'm a memeber at the www.beenafix.com
message board. I'm Rocket Queen Killer at the site (alittle background info about me)

Anywayz, I'm going to be attending this show but my only problem is that I wanna take my camera to the show but I don't wanna get it taken away from the security guards.Cause this is my frist time going to a GN'R show and I wanna remember it my taking some pics.But on the ticket it says nothing about no camera/recorders.I wanna know should I take my carmera to the show or not and how to sneak one in.Plus is anyone here taking there camera. See ya at the show!

Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2006, 12:23:58 AM »

Hey Everyone? Grin

I like to say that Jarmo runs a good website.I come here all the time to read what's going to at the shows.I'm a memeber at the www.beenafix.com
message board. I'm Rocket Queen Killer at the site (alittle background info about me)

Anywayz, I'm going to be attending this show but my only problem is that I wanna take my camera to the show but I don't wanna get it taken away from the security guards.Cause this is my frist time going to a GN'R show and I wanna remember it my taking some pics.But on the ticket it says nothing about no camera/recorders.I wanna know should I take my carmera to the show or not and how to sneak one in.Plus is anyone here taking there camera. See ya at the show!

I've been meaning to call the arena and ask them about their camera policy, but I've been slacking on that.   Embarrassed

Regardless, I'm gonna try to bring/sneak a disposable camera in; if it gets taken or lost, no biggie...
Rocket Killer
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2006, 12:33:02 AM »

I don't know if I wanna bring my digital or not. But idk where I'm going to stash it. This was the first thing on my mind when I was in line for the tickets
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2006, 12:55:34 AM »

I don't know if I wanna bring my digital or not. But idk where I'm going to stash it. This was the first thing on my mind when I was in line for the tickets

Okay, I just called the arena (410.347.2020).  Their recorded info says, "No professional cameras, detachable lenses, video cameras, or audio recorders are permitted at any events.  Standard 35MM cameras are permitted for some events; check with the box office the day of the show."

Also, for GA shows, "no lighters, studded or spiked jewelry or belts are allowed on the floor".
Rocket Killer
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2006, 01:12:52 AM »

Thanks. I own you one....lol guess I gotta pick up a disposable camera.Hope to see some people from this board.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: