Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227931 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010  (Read 189402 times)
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #660 on: November 08, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »

I can't believe they would tour Canada and not do US tour dates at the same time.... It doesn't make sense to travel all the way across canada without stopping at US venues as well...

there's a date scheduled for Montr?al at the moment is not it?(bell center,27 january 2010) not a series of concerts throughout the Canadian mainland?

No dates have been officially announced yet OR confirmed by anyone credible.

Reputable radio stations will reveal Canadian dates on Monday.

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

I want to apologize to GN'R for my comments.

MLB currently own the rights to, and control input to, the official GN'R website. However ...dot dot dot

Hopefully Guns can find another official way to communicate with the fans in the meantime.

why can't guns end the deal with MLB so they can have full control over the website and communicate with the fans anytime they want
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #661 on: November 08, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »

i really don't see the logic in all of this... oh well.

hopefully this isn't a big deal and they'll find other ways to communicate.

Chinese Democracy!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #662 on: November 08, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

This is just plain the lamest thing I've ever heard. Ever.

Does MLB own all media? Is there some reason GNR couldn't update their fans some other way if the big bad MLB won't let them update their own website?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #663 on: November 08, 2009, 09:06:39 PM »

How is that lame?  Obviously, we don't know what's going on at the OFFICIAL site, but they did have all the 2007 tour dates and news listed there and more recently the Ashba announcement, so I think it's safe to say there's some other issues going on at this particular point in time that are being worked out.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #664 on: November 08, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »

man, I can't wait to at least read some review of this tour on the site beer

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #665 on: November 08, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »

I can't wait for the pics taken by their photographers that they post with articles!!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #666 on: November 09, 2009, 07:34:47 AM »

I can't wait for the pics taken by their photographers that they post with articles!!!!  beer
I agree Gypsy, some recent photos will be nice, and always curious to the articles as well.  I scrapbook all my stuff, it will be good to add to it once again yes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #667 on: November 09, 2009, 09:04:23 AM »

I might just get in the plane and do the toronto date  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #668 on: November 09, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

How is that lame?  Obviously, we don't know what's going on at the OFFICIAL site, but they did have all the 2007 tour dates and news listed there and more recently the Ashba announcement, so I think it's safe to say there's some other issues going on at this particular point in time that are being worked out.

This is how it's lame:

Does MLB own all media? Is there some reason GNR couldn't update their fans some other way if the big bad MLB won't let them update their own website?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #669 on: November 09, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »

I guess you know enough about the alleged issue to make that kind of statement?

It's like reading a paragraph in a book and deciding the book must be lame.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:53:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #670 on: November 09, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »

I guess you know enough about the alleged issue to make that kind of statement?

It's like reading a paragraph in a book and deciding the book must be lame.

/jarmo

I know that there are plenty of other ways for GNR to update their fans.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #671 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »

Yeah?

You honestly don't think there are reason(s) for them not doing that?

Seriously. You probably believe all the shit about them not caring for their fans if the above makes no sense to you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #672 on: November 09, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

Yeah?

Seriously. You probably believe all the shit about them not caring for their fans if the above makes no sense to you.

/jarmo

I don't go around believing whatever people say about GN'R and I prefer not to believe they actually dislike their fans.

But seeing as that has nothing to do with what I posted, I can just restate that there are many, many other ways to update your fans as to whats going on. To not do so is one thing, that can be explained with a simple "that's how GN'R does things" and fans can either like it or not.

But to have someone associated with your band (in whatever way Mysteron may be) claim that the band can't update fans because MLB stops them from updating their website is lame in my opinion.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #673 on: November 09, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »

But to have someone associated with your band (in whatever way Mysteron may be) claim that the band can't update fans because MLB stops them from updating their website is lame in my opinion.

I agree to the extent that its a shitty reason, but what if its true?? Cant blame him for that....

I personally dont have a clue how that could be a legit reason, but not to say its not
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #674 on: November 09, 2009, 12:13:56 PM »

GNR should just get www.gnr.com and/or www.gnr.net .. nothing important seems to be on those sites, but I guess they would be VERY expensive.

.. veljco
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »

Yeah?

/jarmo

I don't go around believing whatever people say about GN'R and I prefer not to believe they actually dislike their fans.

But seeing as that has nothing to do with what I posted, I can just restate that there are many, many other ways to update your fans as to whats going on. To not do so is one thing, that can be explained with a simple "that's how GN'R does things" and fans can either like it or not.

If they have a deal with MLB the contract probably includes any forum of electronic communication using IP serves, so a blog, twitter, facebook , myspace are all covered under that.  Axl in the past posted on this forum however after that happened MLB may have come back and said no more of that.  Unless you have the contract you have no idea what they can and can not do.  Yes it is stupid and makes no sense but we are talking about contracts and the legal issues which rarely has anything to do with logic.

Because Bummblefoot, D.J Ashba are independent artists as well and were long before joining in GnR those restrictions would not apply to them and both of those members do not make GnR announcements.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:38:48 PM by thesloth » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #676 on: November 09, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »

This is just plain the lamest thing I've ever heard. Ever.

He said its why GnR can't update their site.  He didn't say thats why GnR doesn't update anything or anywhere else.  SO its not lame, its just the reason gunsnroses.com is lame.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #677 on: November 09, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »

Merck strikes again!
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #678 on: November 09, 2009, 03:52:21 PM »

why not make this the official news sight Smiley
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #679 on: November 09, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

They could easily communicate via Space...

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: