Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227841 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  new years eve show-new jersey
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new years eve show-new jersey  (Read 22118 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 22, 2005, 05:38:37 AM »

According to the Starland Ballroom website, VR will play a New Years Eve show in Sayreville, NJ this year! Tickets ($100 + fees) go on sale through Ticketmaster this Saturday, November 26 at noon. An all-ages to enter, 21 to drink event. Ticket includes open bar from 8:00 - 9:30, champagne toast at midnight for those 21 and over, plus party favors, continental breakfast and more!

http://www.starlandballroom.com/events/#1516

credit belowempty-vr
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:40:39 PM »

alright, so who is going?  I might actually be there.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:52:40 PM »

I will be there you can count on that! ok

I was at the starland show last year and was shocked they chose to play such a small venue but that was way before they became huge now they are HUGE and its new years eve! It's going to be insane! I just hope I can get my 2 tickets! Last year they sold out in 8mins. This year problably in under 4mins!
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:26:44 AM »

Starland Ballroom holds like 100 people hihi  Tickets will go FAST.

I'd go but I don't have the 100 bucks for a ticket. Undecided

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 09:07:26 AM »

I might be back in jersey for new years I am not sure yet.  My friends invited me up to boston, but if my brother wants to go to VR I might very well do that. 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 01:06:35 PM »

I know $100 seems like a lot but it is worth every penny! anyone who is a fan and is from the area has to go! When will you see VR in such a small venue on new years again! And who knows they may even play some new songs and we'll be the 1st to hear it!
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 01:18:08 PM »

I am curious to see how this open bar works haha.  I bet you get one drink in that 1 and a 1/2 hour span. 
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 09:35:58 PM »

Wow... sounds like it will be quite the party.  Small venue shows are amazing!!  Hope everyone who attends takes a lot of pictures and posts of their many adventures one or two days later (taking hang overs into account Smiley)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 09:40:09 PM »

I know $100 seems like a lot but it is worth every penny! anyone who is a fan and is from the area has to go! When will you see VR in such a small venue on new years again! And who knows they may even play some new songs and we'll be the 1st to hear it!

to me that is not expesive at all.. When you love an artist or artists and it's that close with such a small crowd on new years eve I say why not?

depends on your age and how much money you make

maybe slash will hand out drinks hihi
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 10:05:19 PM »

$100 is inexpensive in my opinion... for example, a few weeks ago, U2 and Aerosmith rode through town, and tickets for a stadium show were more expensive than this.

Paying $100 for an up close, personal and interactive concert... talk about a bargin!!  I'd pay a lot more. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 01:59:01 AM »

Wish I lived closer.....oh well.  Small venues are great, if you can get the tickets.  I wonder why, of all places, they are playing there.  They were in Vegas last year.  Oh well, should be a good show!
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 07:39:02 PM »

I wonder if they'll play any new material. I hope they at least change the set list, playing the same songs every night has to get old eventually.
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 04:58:19 PM »

My girlfriend and I got our tickets! Fuck yeah!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 10:53:21 PM »

That's great!  Have a good time!  I'd get tickets, as well, if I lived closer.  I heard it was already all sold out.  Is that true?
Evolution
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 11:16:07 PM »

My girlfriend and I got our tickets! Fuck yeah!

Sounds like you shall see an amazing show. Enjoy ok
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 04:27:19 AM »

I was able to get 2 tix!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 05:39:06 AM »

I just got 2 tix..... I don't even know if I am gonna go but I figured what the hell......

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 04:05:28 PM »

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Starland is pretty much my second home.  The first time VR played there I couldn't get out of work, and this time I didn't have the money to get a ticket!!!  I have seen them in a small benue before, but still AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 04:08:54 PM »

Maybe they'll debut a new song?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 04:12:53 PM »

NO, they should do nothing cool or surprising at this show.  Then I'll be kicking myself for not getting the money together to go.   hihi   I keep worrying that something really cool is gonna happen like Izzy showing up or something.  My damn brother kept trying to convince me that Axl is gonna show and play with them.  We all know that's not gonna happen, but if something really cool and unexpected happens I'm gonna be pissed.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 04:25:16 PM »

"I just got 2 tix..... I don't even know if I am gonna go but I figured what the hell......"

Hey tomass74, if you are unable to go are you willing to sell me your tickets? Let me know... Thanks!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 08:12:17 PM »

"I just got 2 tix..... I don't even know if I am gonna go but I figured what the hell......"

Hey tomass74, if you are unable to go are you willing to sell me your tickets? Let me know... Thanks!

Ill post if Im gonna get rid of them..

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 11:05:19 PM »

Thanks.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 11:30:05 PM »

I think they still have tix now anyway...

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 11:47:57 AM »

"I think they still have tix now anyway..."

Serious? I read somewhere (here?) that the venue only holds like 500 people, and that, when they played at the same place before, that they sold out in minutes. I figured the same would happen this time, and haven't even bothered to look yet...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 04:06:05 AM »

"I think they still have tix now anyway..."

Serious? I read somewhere (here?) that the venue only holds like 500 people, and that, when they played at the same place before, that they sold out in minutes. I figured the same would happen this time, and haven't even bothered to look yet...

Starland is small, but not that small.  It holds a few thousand at the most.  The last time VR played there they totally over-booked the place and it was packed from wall to wall.  It did sell out in a matter of minutes.  Me and my brother got on line outside before the place opened and got tickets.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »

Why is VR playing their New Year's Eve show in a Jersey club and NOT in Duff n' Scott's NYC club Snitch?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 01:16:15 PM »

Why is VR playing their New Year's Eve show in a Jersey club and NOT in Duff n' Scott's NYC club Snitch?? confused

I think it's a bar with a limited capacity....

But I've never been there, so I'm not 100% sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 02:28:47 PM »

Because Jersey is where its at, that's why.  Slash & Duff know.   ok

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:44 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if they previewed a new song...
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 02:09:54 AM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.  Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.  I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.  I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime. 
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 02:19:17 AM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.? Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.? I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.? I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime.?

Right on, man.  Starland is my absolute favorite place to see a show.  Its a great venue.  I've seen more shows there than I can count.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.  Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.  I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.  I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime. 

I think Starland is more on par with Roseland Ballroom, Hammerstein Ballroom etc. Places that fit 2000-3000 people. Those places you listed are really small I believe. Roseland Ballroom is cool but Starland is a lot more intimate. You are so close to the band no matter where you stand!
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 02:33:57 PM »

I think Starland is more on par with Roseland Ballroom, Hammerstein Ballroom etc. Places that fit 2000-3000 people. Those places you listed are really small I believe. Roseland Ballroom is cool but Starland is a lot more intimate. You are so close to the band no matter where you stand!

Actually you are very right on that.  I listed those clubs because I know they are all having a lot of trouble nowadays and I know it is one reason why bands go to NJ now instead when touring.  There was an article in the Asbury Park Press a few months ago that discussed why bands are now going to the Starland to play as opposed to NYC. 

I know the bands/managers really like the staff of the Starland.  I remember them mentioning that security there is one of the best around.  But they also mention that it is becoming more and more difficult to play in NYC because the venues demand so much of the merch revenues.  (For those that don't know, clubs usually take a good chunk of merch sales).  I may be wrong on this one, but I think Starland gives the bands 100% of their merch revenues which is unheard of. 

Anyways, its a great venue and people should check it out. 
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 01:46:52 PM »

If you think the Staland's samll, you've never been to Snitch, that place is tiny, maybe 300 people tops
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.? Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.? I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.? I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime.?

Since they announced it so late, i think those place in NYC were also already booked
sandman
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005, 03:40:40 PM »

i've been checking ticketmaster every other day or so, and sometimes there's no tix available and other times they are available. right now they are, i'm just trying to find a friend to go with. it's about an hour drive from my house (philly) and i don't feel like making the drive solo.

based on their website, i'm guessing Top-Hatted One is correct....probably holds about 2-3K people.

for anyone that has actually been to the starland, can you compare it to a venue in philly?  i'm guessing it's in line with the electric factory - which holds about 2K.

i actually saw VR at the EF back in 2004....incredible. so i was hoping this place would be even smaller. but either way, VR on new year's eve is gonna kick ass!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »

Sandman, Starland is actually a little smaller than the Electric Factory.  Starland probably holds 2,000 max, but I've been to both and EF definitely holds more.  I was also at that VR show at Electric Factory...great friggin' show.  My friends and I actually bought fake tickets and almost didn't get in the show.  I prefer Starland though, its a bit smaller and intimate like someone's already mentioned.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2005, 06:41:54 PM »

Sandman, Starland is actually a little smaller than the Electric Factory.? Starland probably holds 2,000 max, but I've been to both and EF definitely holds more.? I was also at that VR show at Electric Factory...great friggin' show.? My friends and I actually bought fake tickets and almost didn't get in the show.? I prefer Starland though, its a bit smaller and intimate like someone's already mentioned.

thanks for the info!  ok

sounds like it will be an awesome time. i can't believe you can go on ticketmaster and still get tix. i'm still waiting to hear back from my buddy....i may just buy em.

F those scalpers, man. i actually bought fake tix in philly for the eagles-bucs nfc champ game a few years ago. 3 tix for $600 total. and they had the wrong date. luckily, the game was at the vet and they didn't have electronic scanners. we circled the entire stadium until we found a ticket taker that wasn't really looking at the tix. and the three of us split up a bit in line. LUCKILY, we got in. and our friends had season tix in the last row where there was extra room to stand. worked out great, except the birds loss, of course.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2005, 08:18:58 PM »

I think I read on the website that the place holds 3,000 people... The ticket also comes with open bar for an hour and a half.. That should be fun having 3,000 people fight for free drinks...

sandman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 06:58:44 PM »

I think I read on the website that the place holds 3,000 people... The ticket also comes with open bar for an hour and a half.. That should be fun having 3,000 people fight for free drinks...

you're right, you'll probably be lucky to get 1 free drink.

i finally decided to skip the show. over an hour drive, and i'd be away from the family on new year's....already did that once (in dec. 2001).

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 08:15:53 PM »

Nice way to spend NYE!  yes

Why don't you just....
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 11:44:59 PM »

Yeah, those Philly scalpers are dicks.  Me and three friends bought tickets.  Me and one friend got in, and my other two friends didn't get in.  They went looking for the guy who sold us them so they could whopp his ass, but they couldn't find him.  Then they decided to try to get in again and this time they got in.  Looking back it was pretty obvious the tickets were fake though.  They don't look very real.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2005, 12:24:50 AM »

It sucks doesn't it? Years ago Ticketmaster thought that they found a solution to scalpers by handing out wristbands. Damn scalpers even found a way around that!

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2005, 12:27:05 AM »

It sucks doesn't it? Years ago Ticketmaster thought that they found a solution to scalpers by handing out wristbands. Damn scalpers even found a way around that!

You'd think if they were so damn crafty they'd just get jobs.  I guess its easier to just illegally sell tickets tough.  Now the bootleg t-shirt guys...they rock.  There's nothing like getting a badass tour shirt for 10 bucks.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2005, 11:46:40 AM »

You'd think if they were so damn crafty they'd just get jobs.?

I always say the same thing about people who start a computer virus. Undecided

Why don't you just....
makane
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2005, 07:03:56 PM »

damn, wish I could be  there  Embarrassed

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »

I heard the show was fucking awesome... Hot as hell but rocking ok
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2006, 12:35:07 PM »

Best new year ever. The band kicked ass though the show could've been a bit longer. Maybe I'm just spoiled by memories of 3 hour G N' R shows from the 90's. My girlfriend and I were right in front of Slash about three people back. It was awesome to be so close to the stage (5 or 6 ft?). Everyone made it over to that side for a bit so we got to see the band up close. It sucks that some people were being assholes in the pit area behind us, but that always happens. I'm not against people dancing in the pit or crowd surfing... just be respectful of the other people around you. No one likes to get crushed. Overall the crowd in NJ is better than NYC for rock shows... people in NYC always act 'too cool' to really get into it.

I knocked one of Matts drum sticks out the air and my girlfriend caught it. She's stoked because she just started playing drums and felt it was a good omen. I snagged one of Duffs picks off the floor but gave it to a dude in front of me since he really seemed to want it and we just scored the drumstick. He was grateful and shook my hand when I gave him the pick, I think he was expecting me to keep it for myself.

Slash played his sig guitars for most of the show. He used a couple of BC Rich guitars (Sucker Train Blues and Sex Type Thing). For Fall To Pieces he pulled out the old 80's Standard with the three piece top. For Slither he played his tobacoo burst Norlin and then proceeded to whip it around on the strap and smash it into the mic stand towards the end of song.

Oh yeah... there was several bar locations in the club, so we both got a lot of free drinks.

beer
RichardNixon
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2006, 01:06:48 PM »

Any surprises in the setlist?
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »

Nope. It was pretty much the usual songs from the last tour. Still, being so close to the band is worth it. The last time I saw them at Roseland we stood back a bit to stay out of the mayhem. This time we were in the thick of it all.

ok
MAD at NASCAR
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »

how did the band look?
Jonathan
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2006, 04:41:47 PM »

Setlist, Atlantic City:

Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman
Illegal I Song
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free
Wish You Were Here
You Got No Right
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

Setlist, Sayreville:

Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman
Illegal I Song
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 04:48:27 PM by Jonathan » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

A review from sludge.

Hey! Happy New Year's 2006, everyone! Hope you all had a good time partying it up!

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!   

The doors opened at 8 -- the band didn't come on until the ball dropped at midnight. That's right -- I waited four hours. They had these dancers inbetween dancing to 80's rock songs (Crue, Warrant, Aerosmith, Great White, etc etc), and like the loyal Sludger I am, I rocked out to the songs.

So when the ball dropped, Velvet Revolver took the stage. I was right up front on Slash's side and as soon as "Sucker Train Blues" began, the crowd surged forward. I couldn't breathe so I had this kid I became friendly with get security to pull me out. I was the first one out and I was ushered over to the right, now probably four feet from the stage. I still had a great view, though.

The setlist was short! They played from 12-1:30ish... nothing special about the set at ALL. I still had an incredible time, though. Slash jumped up on these cabinet things, sat down and I reached out and touched his shoe and his leather-clad leg. I DIED. Duff McKagan also came over my way and saw me and smiled a couple of times. When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close.

Slash is a really little guy!! I don't know what you guys are saying about him getting fat and all; he is the tiniest thing ever! He's clearly not photogenic these days because I was so close to him and wow, yeah.

Overall, on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the lowest:
Crowd ettiquite: -395020
Setlist: 7
Energy: 10

I still had a great time though and I feel like I wasn't even there... and I got some great pictures too!

Anyone else go? Happy 2006!!

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
shaun
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2006, 05:49:07 PM »

A review from sludge.

Hey! Happy New Year's 2006, everyone! Hope you all had a good time partying it up!

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!   

The doors opened at 8 -- the band didn't come on until the ball dropped at midnight. That's right -- I waited four hours. They had these dancers inbetween dancing to 80's rock songs (Crue, Warrant, Aerosmith, Great White, etc etc), and like the loyal Sludger I am, I rocked out to the songs.

So when the ball dropped, Velvet Revolver took the stage. I was right up front on Slash's side and as soon as "Sucker Train Blues" began, the crowd surged forward. I couldn't breathe so I had this kid I became friendly with get security to pull me out. I was the first one out and I was ushered over to the right, now probably four feet from the stage. I still had a great view, though.

The setlist was short! They played from 12-1:30ish... nothing special about the set at ALL. I still had an incredible time, though. Slash jumped up on these cabinet things, sat down and I reached out and touched his shoe and his leather-clad leg. I DIED. Duff McKagan also came over my way and saw me and smiled a couple of times. When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close.

Slash is a really little guy!! I don't know what you guys are saying about him getting fat and all; he is the tiniest thing ever! He's clearly not photogenic these days because I was so close to him and wow, yeah.

I still had a great time though and I feel like I wasn't even there... and I got some great pictures too!

I'm guessing the reviewer is female  Grin
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2006, 06:25:29 PM »

November Rain  hihi

gnrevolution.com
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2006, 08:58:17 PM »

Awesome show.. That was the 5th time I saw them and the energy was definately the highest of them all.. I almost didn't go but am glad I did... 

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »

a little too much drunken energy which is why i left the front and moved back where people were actually watching the band and not trying to kill others. This was my 7th VR show and by far the most unbearable with all the pushing and moshing so it wasn't worth getting tossed around as I'm trying to watch the band. The setlist was originally longer. i looked at it and it was the same as the night before in Atlantic City but the venue choose to make us wait 4 hours so VR had to cut it short in order to obey the 1:30 curfew. YGNR & Wish You Were Here were on the setlist but didn't get played so they went with the energetic songs to appease the moshing lunatics
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 10:57:18 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2006, 05:22:36 AM »

I think it was VR that wanted to wait until midnight...   Anyway, I was one of the drunken moshing lunatics... Just for one song anyway.  I was up pretty close most of the time and don't mind getiing knocked around.  At one point though I ended up in the pit, it was actually during It's So Easy.  I have never seen it that nuts at a VR show.. I mean people were straight up slam dancing like a Slayer show or something..

Jonathan
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2006, 06:27:12 AM »

a little too much drunken energy which is why i left the front and moved back where people were actually watching the band and not trying to kill others. This was my 7th VR show and by far the most unbearable with all the pushing and moshing so it wasn't worth getting tossed around as I'm trying to watch the band. The setlist was originally longer. i looked at it and it was the same as the night before in Atlantic City but the venue choose to make us wait 4 hours so VR had to cut it short in order to obey the 1:30 curfew. YGNR & Wish You Were Here were on the setlist but didn't get played so they went with the energetic songs to appease the moshing lunatics

7 times? I have only seen them twice. First time in Sweden and the second time in Scotland.

Good review. But I think the setlists were pretty boring.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:28:44 AM by Jonathan » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2006, 07:43:12 AM »

I think when you see a new band alot of times you are going to be let down by the setlist eventually.. So many people see bands once or twice per album lets say so everything is usually new to most out there... For whatever reason I doubt they will play anything new until the next album is about out..... I'm just glad they are staying busy and having a blast..  Happy to everyone that had a blast... I would have been so tanked by the time they came out... Kind of like myself at msg with new gnr and jones beach with vr this spring..
Jonathan
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you.

But they could have done the setlist better if they picked some other/more songs from "Contraband" and skipped some covers.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2006, 09:43:39 AM »

But they could have done the setlist better if they picked some other/more songs from "Contraband" and skipped some covers.

yeah they could have tossed in loving the alien or did some other covers but it seems like they just aren't going to switch until something comes out..  You know I could se afd gnr life a million times and never get tired of it.. Give me ritz 88 ten times over...

Hopefully the album will be sooner then later and they start introducing new material
Jonathan
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2006, 09:49:47 AM »

I agree.
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2006, 02:15:05 PM »

A review from sludge.

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!? ?

I'm guessing the reviewer is female? Grin

That's MY review! Haha, and yes I am a girl.  Grin

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2006, 02:47:37 PM »

yeah they could have tossed in loving the alien or did some other covers but it seems like they just aren't going to switch until something comes out..  You know I could se afd gnr life a million times and never get tired of it.. Give me ritz 88 ten times over...

Hopefully the album will be sooner then later and they start introducing new material

thats because seeing them over and over in 1988 is unrealistic and something you can only dream of. If you were seeing them all the time in 1988 you would problem start complaining about the setlist too and asking for new songs and disappointed that they didn't play Don't Cry at your show.

I really can't wait until they come back with new songs!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »

yeah they could have tossed in loving the alien or did some other covers but it seems like they just aren't going to switch until something comes out..? You know I could se afd gnr life a million times and never get tired of it.. Give me ritz 88 ten times over...

thats because seeing them over and over in 1988 is unrealistic and something you can only dream of. If you were seeing them all the time in 1988 you would problem start complaining about the setlist too and asking for new songs and disappointed that they didn't play Don't Cry at your show.

I really can't wait until they come back with new songs!

I guess but I must have listened to afd a billion times without getting tired of it, one of the few albums I can really say that about..  Also if I saw gnr on say the afd tour I can only expect so much during that one tour
makane
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »

A review from sludge.

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!? ?

That's MY review! Haha, and yes I am a girl.? Grin
I actually thought that was Daves review before "When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close."
I checked his profile one more time and finally I saw it's from sludge  Cheesy

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »

A review from sludge.

That's MY review! Haha, and yes I am a girl.? Grin
I actually thought that was Daves review before "When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close."
I checked his profile one more time and finally I saw it's from sludge? Cheesy

Haha! Yeah, I was completely hypnotized by Scott. I mean... wow. You know when you're speechless and you sort of stand there? That happened to me. It also happened when Duff came over. I couldn't even lift my camera because I was just like, "WHOA." I got "used" to Slash being there for so long -- he stayed in the same place pretty much the whole time.

But Scott. Holy dear God.  drool

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: