Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  new years eve show-new jersey
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: new years eve show-new jersey  (Read 22179 times)
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 04:25:16 PM »

"I just got 2 tix..... I don't even know if I am gonna go but I figured what the hell......"

Hey tomass74, if you are unable to go are you willing to sell me your tickets? Let me know... Thanks!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 08:12:17 PM »

"I just got 2 tix..... I don't even know if I am gonna go but I figured what the hell......"

Hey tomass74, if you are unable to go are you willing to sell me your tickets? Let me know... Thanks!

Ill post if Im gonna get rid of them..

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 11:05:19 PM »

Thanks.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 11:30:05 PM »

I think they still have tix now anyway...

mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 11:47:57 AM »

"I think they still have tix now anyway..."

Serious? I read somewhere (here?) that the venue only holds like 500 people, and that, when they played at the same place before, that they sold out in minutes. I figured the same would happen this time, and haven't even bothered to look yet...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 04:06:05 AM »

"I think they still have tix now anyway..."

Serious? I read somewhere (here?) that the venue only holds like 500 people, and that, when they played at the same place before, that they sold out in minutes. I figured the same would happen this time, and haven't even bothered to look yet...

Starland is small, but not that small.  It holds a few thousand at the most.  The last time VR played there they totally over-booked the place and it was packed from wall to wall.  It did sell out in a matter of minutes.  Me and my brother got on line outside before the place opened and got tickets.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »

Why is VR playing their New Year's Eve show in a Jersey club and NOT in Duff n' Scott's NYC club Snitch?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 01:16:15 PM »

Why is VR playing their New Year's Eve show in a Jersey club and NOT in Duff n' Scott's NYC club Snitch?? confused

I think it's a bar with a limited capacity....

But I've never been there, so I'm not 100% sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 02:28:47 PM »

Because Jersey is where its at, that's why.  Slash & Duff know.   ok

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:44 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if they previewed a new song...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 02:09:54 AM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.  Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.  I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.  I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime. 
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 02:19:17 AM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.? Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.? I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.? I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime.?

Right on, man.  Starland is my absolute favorite place to see a show.  Its a great venue.  I've seen more shows there than I can count.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.  Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.  I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.  I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime. 

I think Starland is more on par with Roseland Ballroom, Hammerstein Ballroom etc. Places that fit 2000-3000 people. Those places you listed are really small I believe. Roseland Ballroom is cool but Starland is a lot more intimate. You are so close to the band no matter where you stand!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 02:33:57 PM »

I think Starland is more on par with Roseland Ballroom, Hammerstein Ballroom etc. Places that fit 2000-3000 people. Those places you listed are really small I believe. Roseland Ballroom is cool but Starland is a lot more intimate. You are so close to the band no matter where you stand!

Actually you are very right on that.  I listed those clubs because I know they are all having a lot of trouble nowadays and I know it is one reason why bands go to NJ now instead when touring.  There was an article in the Asbury Park Press a few months ago that discussed why bands are now going to the Starland to play as opposed to NYC. 

I know the bands/managers really like the staff of the Starland.  I remember them mentioning that security there is one of the best around.  But they also mention that it is becoming more and more difficult to play in NYC because the venues demand so much of the merch revenues.  (For those that don't know, clubs usually take a good chunk of merch sales).  I may be wrong on this one, but I think Starland gives the bands 100% of their merch revenues which is unheard of. 

Anyways, its a great venue and people should check it out. 
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 01:46:52 PM »

If you think the Staland's samll, you've never been to Snitch, that place is tiny, maybe 300 people tops
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »

with all of the problems with NYC clubs (CBGB, Castle Heights, L'amour, Knitting Factory, etc.) almost ALL of the touring bands now who play clubs go to either Starland or the Borgata.? Starland is a great venue for bands to play at.? I remember back in the day I saw Soulfly there when it was still the Hunka Bunka Ballroom.? I encourage everyone to check out a show at Starland sometime.?

Since they announced it so late, i think those place in NYC were also already booked
sandman
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005, 03:40:40 PM »

i've been checking ticketmaster every other day or so, and sometimes there's no tix available and other times they are available. right now they are, i'm just trying to find a friend to go with. it's about an hour drive from my house (philly) and i don't feel like making the drive solo.

based on their website, i'm guessing Top-Hatted One is correct....probably holds about 2-3K people.

for anyone that has actually been to the starland, can you compare it to a venue in philly?  i'm guessing it's in line with the electric factory - which holds about 2K.

i actually saw VR at the EF back in 2004....incredible. so i was hoping this place would be even smaller. but either way, VR on new year's eve is gonna kick ass!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »

Sandman, Starland is actually a little smaller than the Electric Factory.  Starland probably holds 2,000 max, but I've been to both and EF definitely holds more.  I was also at that VR show at Electric Factory...great friggin' show.  My friends and I actually bought fake tickets and almost didn't get in the show.  I prefer Starland though, its a bit smaller and intimate like someone's already mentioned.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2005, 06:41:54 PM »

Sandman, Starland is actually a little smaller than the Electric Factory.? Starland probably holds 2,000 max, but I've been to both and EF definitely holds more.? I was also at that VR show at Electric Factory...great friggin' show.? My friends and I actually bought fake tickets and almost didn't get in the show.? I prefer Starland though, its a bit smaller and intimate like someone's already mentioned.

thanks for the info!  ok

sounds like it will be an awesome time. i can't believe you can go on ticketmaster and still get tix. i'm still waiting to hear back from my buddy....i may just buy em.

F those scalpers, man. i actually bought fake tix in philly for the eagles-bucs nfc champ game a few years ago. 3 tix for $600 total. and they had the wrong date. luckily, the game was at the vet and they didn't have electronic scanners. we circled the entire stadium until we found a ticket taker that wasn't really looking at the tix. and the three of us split up a bit in line. LUCKILY, we got in. and our friends had season tix in the last row where there was extra room to stand. worked out great, except the birds loss, of course.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2005, 08:18:58 PM »

I think I read on the website that the place holds 3,000 people... The ticket also comes with open bar for an hour and a half.. That should be fun having 3,000 people fight for free drinks...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: