Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Eminem
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem  (Read 85240 times)
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2004, 10:58:08 PM »

Yeah, I changed my mind a LOT about eminem. I think hes the only talented person in the music biz nowadays. He s the olnly rapper that doesnt sing about cars, women, party, like the others (50 cent, Snoopy Dog etc). You can say whatever you want, but he will be remembered in 10, 20 years.

And that song, Lose Yourself is fucking awesome
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2004, 08:09:33 AM »

Yeah, I changed my mind a LOT about eminem. I think hes the only talented person in the music biz nowadays. He s the olnly rapper that doesnt sing about cars, women, party, like the others (50 cent, Snoopy Dog etc). You can say whatever you want, but he will be remembered in 10, 20 years.

And that song, Lose Yourself is fucking awesome

Exactly he's bring something different to the table, he's not just doing the bitches, hos, bling bling, rims bullshit, he's actually expressing himself and saying how he feels.. He's not just going along with what's cool

To act like the man isn't talented is crazy, he doesn't do songs like those parodys in his albums, that's something the public sees.People who listen to his albums know..

When he sang with dido, he did great, the song itslef is very true and I could see something like that..

He did a anti bush song because it's the way he feels, he never like chaney anyways// It's not like he's hanging out with kerry, he just used his stage to say what he wanted..
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2004, 05:01:34 PM »

Oh and Izzy, Eminem was rapping about stuff like killing his wife BEFORE he even got signed to a major label.? That's the thing, nobody would take a chance on him except Dr. Dre.? The funny thing is, you would probably be one of these people that ALSO say "Aww, rap music is just a bunch of guys talking about their bling and their hoes".? Well Eminem DOESN'T do that... he does something completely different, and you say THAT is bullshit.? It seems like your comments are based on what you've seen in videos like "My Name Is" and "Without Me" (or "Just Lose It").? If you actually listened to an album, you'd see that there's maybe 1 or 2 of those tracks an album.

I do own all his albums....

Yes..he sang about stuff like killing his girlfriend and how evil black women were before he got signed.....and maybe that's what got him signed in the first place? Again controversy bailing him out.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2004, 05:49:48 AM »

Yes..he sang about stuff like killing his girlfriend and how evil black women were before he got signed.....and maybe that's what got him signed in the first place? Again controversy bailing him out.

Fair enough... I suppose you can think he relies to heavily on being "controversial".  Personally, I think on top of his "pushing the limits of what he can say" he also expresses himself in a way that no other rapper is doing at this time.  He's also very honest.

I find it funny that you brought up the "black women" thing... because as it happens it's one of the things he addresses on his new album (Ironically enough, Em's black girlfriend's name was 'Kim').

They've moved the release of the album up from the 16th to the 12th... they didn't say it publicly, but the album has leaked.  I grabbed it off IRC last night, and I'm going to start a thread soon if I don't get in trouble from the boss-men for one-too-many Eminem threads.  Anyways, I think Izzy and many others will find some of the raps a lot more... let's say... "vulnerable", or maybe "not as controversial" as you've seen in the past.  I'll save my comments for the thread I make... but let me say this, the way he's played the Michael Jackson thing is hilarious.  Let's just say the "Just Lose It" video lured everyone in perfectly, unless they did some last-minute editing.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2004, 06:08:35 PM »

Well, I guess his plan didn't work.

Undecided  rant

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2004, 09:50:21 PM »

eminem is awesome, i dont really dig poliitical songs though or those 9/11 tribute songs, i dont know im just not into that kind of music.

he has a great line in that rap.

telling george bush to strap on an AK get on the front lines and impresses daddy that way *or something like that*

eminem is the greatest rapper alive, he raps about relevant shit and doesnt brag about what he's got.

he is like Tupac was, he raps about shit that has meaning.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2004, 01:03:28 AM »

I'm not a big eminem fan, but I did catch this while channel surfing the other day.

The biggest thing I liked about it was that it was somebody actually saying something with their music. Whatever the format. He was speaking about something a little more heavier than  the everyday CRAP you see on mtv/vh1. And for that I was impressed. The music wasn't that great, but the video itself was moving and presented a mixture of real life problems, frustrations, and anger over Bush's bogus war.

It was hardcore and heartfelt. You just don't see that with music really anymore.

Also the Dixie Chicks said one little thing about the Prez and caught hell for it. So eminem knew it could be a problem but didn't give a shit. Good for him. Speak up, its what this country is all about.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2004, 05:46:51 AM »

rofl

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2004, 12:38:28 AM »

FUCK EMINEM the little white boy fuck!!!! rant

his new shit is just bullshit man, i'll admit, his M.M LP had some cool beats n' all but the man is just runnin' out of idea's for fucks sake.

Still impersonating Micheal J. for laughs is pathetic man, your time is runnin' out white boy!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2004, 01:12:39 PM »

It's Eminem Day.   Grin

So the album gets released early today because it leaked to the internet.  I've had it for about a week now, and I fuckin' love it.  I wasn't too hyped for this CD after listening to "Just Lose It" and "Mosh", but this really is a good CD.

Now I'm not sure how the skits usually work on these discs, like whether or not they are added last minute, but there's two referring to Michael Jackson.  If they were recorded before the "Just Lose It" video was released, then the guys at Shady/Aftermath must've hired Miss Cleo.  In the Paul Rosenberg skit (there's one on every Em CD) he says something like "You're not going to be suprised, but Michael Jackson is pissed over the Just Lose It video".  Aside from the skits there's a line in "Ass Like That" that says something like "What do you mean my lawyer's too busy with Michael?"... so I guess they knew how the King of Pop would react.

The special edition in stores now features three extra tracks (two of which leaked last year): We As Americans, Love You More, and Ricky Ticky Toc.

We As Americans was the song with the line ("I don't rap for dead presidents, I'd rather see the president dead.  It's never been said, but I set precedents") which sparked that investigation about whether it was a threat or not.  Anyways, it's interesting that the version included on the album is edited so "dead" gets muffled.

Em also apologizes for his beefs with Ja, Benzino, and also for The Source tape (the racist one about the black girl).

On Yellow Brick Road he raps:
"but it backfired, I was supposed to dump her,
but she dumped me for this black guy,
and that's the last I, ever seen or heard
or spoke to the ole' Foolish Pride girl,
but I heard people say, that they heard the tape
and it ain't that bad, but it was,
I singled out a whole race, and for that I apologize,
I was wrong, cuz no matter what colour a girl is she's still a...."

Any thoughts on all this?
Is anyone else planning on buying this CD?  General beefs with Eminem?
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2004, 01:30:17 PM »

Enimen is a pu$$y. No one with musical taste would buy this.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2004, 01:35:45 PM »

Enimen is a pu$$y. No one with musical taste would buy this.

Care to elaborate?   Roll Eyes
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2004, 02:47:27 PM »

Eminem knows how to appeal to people who make end up making him rich. The same can be said for any ultra successful artist. I can't really relate to rap music but I do know one thing:

Making fun of Michael Jackson is lame. When half the world is taking stabs at Jackson, kicking him when he's down doesn't make you look like anything less than a pussy.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2004, 03:03:50 PM »

The man is so starved for lyrics he's starting to reuse phrases like "guess whos back, back again" come on, can't he think of something new to say? Roll Eyes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2004, 03:26:16 PM »

I have Eminem's last three albums but the man's way over the hill - and that was the case with the last album, when he is serious and leaves those talentless idiots in D-12 to rot he can produce some amazing music, but his albums are well over 70% filler and few artists oscilate between brillaince and travesty as he does.

'Just lose it' is just awful - its typical of modern music, when Eminem was good he proved rap doesn't have to be pathetic insecure individuals writing weak lyrics about gold chains, wow great, i can so relate Roll Eyes

I won't be buying this album and i am dissapointed because we all know what Eminem can do.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2004, 03:57:07 PM »

'Just lose it' is just awful - its typical of modern music, when Eminem was good he proved rap doesn't have to be pathetic insecure individuals writing weak lyrics about gold chains, wow great, i can so relate Roll Eyes

"Just Lose It" is not a good representation of what this album is about, in the same way "My Name Is" or "The Real Slim Shady" are completely different from the albums they were on.  I'll admit it's not a strong track... but the subject matter of the rest of the CD is a lot more interesting.

When half the world is taking stabs at Jackson, kicking him when he's down doesn't make you look like anything less than a pussy.

I'm curious... in "Ass Like That" Eminem is joking about checking out the booties of young girls like the Olsens or Hilary Duff and he rags on Pee Wee Herman in that song.  Is that considered "kicking Pee Wee Herman while he's down?
The skit makes it clear that Em is attacking the Michael Jackson of recent years....

You guys should check out the songs where he samples "Toy Soldier" and "Crazy On You"... the former is about how battles in hip hop shouldn't turn into violence, and the latter is about Kim... great songs.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2004, 05:21:25 PM »

Eminem has funny lyrics at times, but for the most part, hes crap. The only reason hes so popular these days is caus theres no proper music to guide people my age around. If u go up to some person on the street and ask "Who is Joe Perry", the one of the very forefathers of blues-rock, chances are the wouldn't know. Also considering that Eminem listens to Aerosmith, shouldnt people have the same sound as the idols?
Jet and The Darkness are the onlt good new bands that i can think of roght off the bat. Dont get me wrong, i like a bit of Sum 41 and Billy Talent, but honestly, in this lifetime i doubt i see any up-and-coming rock ledgends.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2004, 06:59:39 PM »

I love the Slim Shady lp...

...Eminem isn't best when he's trying to be funny. Or when he's trying to act tough. He is at his very peak when rapping about what a shitty world this is. And how poor he is. And that will never happen again.

I own the first (Don't start any Infinite bollocks to be coo), used to own the second, downloaded the third, and haven't heard sod all from the most recent.

Maybe I'm growing up...

...But I still think that the Slim Shady lp is fantastic.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2004, 08:41:24 PM »

"The Marshall Mathers LP" is one of the greatest cds ive ever owned period, not just greatest rap cd but one of the greatest, it is a masterpiece.

rest of his albums were ok but that one right there was great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2004, 10:15:46 PM »

I?m not an Eminem fan but I must admit he?s a fun artist to watch and his songs are catchy.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: