Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rush
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rush  (Read 38934 times)
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« on: August 11, 2004, 01:11:58 AM »

I saw Rush a few days ago and they fuckin rocked the house!! peace  Geddy Lee was in top form and sounded great.  Neil Peart's drum solo rivaled Matt Sorum in his prime.  It was at the Tweeter Center in Camden, anyone else in attendence?  Pouring down rain and lots of mud and sliding in mud only added to the excitement.  anyway...it was a great show, they played for 4 and a half hours and showed that they are still in top form and the greatest prog rock band around.  probably the best rock musicians i've seen live (in terms of technical ability).  any other Rush fans here? Huh

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
kujo722
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 06:00:37 AM »

I missed them in West Palm a couple weeks ago because I already had tickets to see Dave Matthews in Tampa. I heard it was a great show though. I last saw Rush on the "Counterparts" tour and they were awesome then as well. All the members are true living legends of Rock n Roll in my book.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 06:05:54 AM »

4 1/2 hrs? are you sure? when i saw them in dallas in june they played 3 1/2 with the break in the middle and matt sorum is a good drummer but neil peart is way better they didi put on a great show though
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:18:58 AM »

4 1/2 hrs? are you sure? when i saw them in dallas in june they played 3 1/2 with the break in the middle and matt sorum is a good drummer but neil peart is way better they didi put on a great show though
yea im sure...and there was no break, except for the drum solo.  maybe they only played 3.5 hours cause it was in DALLAS in JUNE Wink

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 04:37:03 PM »

wow...whats the longest performance of all time?..must be close...rush is amazing..i seen them at the sars concert...i wanted to go see them again in toronto on the 22nd but tickets are sold out Sad

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 08:34:17 PM »

it was actually quite cool for that time of year here not our normal 95+ degrees
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 02:02:20 AM »

Just wanted to comment on how unbeliveably good this album is.  It's always been one of my favorite Rush cd's, but after a long plane ride to California I realized that its definetely one of the greatest rock albums ever!  Every track is full of creativity and energy.

Anyone else with me on this one? or against?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 03:50:50 PM »

Not the greatest, but great album.

Damn, now I have to look for my Rush CD`s now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 12:20:43 AM »

I am not familiar with that album but on the classic rock station around where I live they have been playing a rush cover of the old song "summertime blues" that is really fucking awesome. I am about to buy the album just for that song.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 10:48:37 PM »

go for it! It's also got a cover of The Who's "The Seeker" which is one of my favorite Who songs.  they played Summertime Blues and The Seeker in concert this summer....needless to say it rocked yes

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 12:01:57 PM »

RUSH will be releasing the highly anticipated "R30" DVD in late fall 2005. "R30" will feature the sold-out concert that RUSH played in Frankfurt, Germany in October 2004 during their 30th anniversary tour.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 01:37:30 PM »

For me, Rush = 'Tom Sawyer'  ok

Fuck 'Em All.
Evolution
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 01:41:44 PM »

I love Roll The Bones beer
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 03:25:17 PM »

According to All Headline News, RUSH have set a November 15 release date for their "R:30 - Rush Live In Frankfurt" DVD. The disc will feature a full performance of the German show during the band's 30th Anniversary Tour in 2004. It will also include a full-length documentary on the history of RUSH that has a running time of just over one hour and exclusive lost live footage of the band from the early 1980s.

Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 11:52:36 AM »

I never got into Rush. EVery song of theirs on the radio just doesnt appeal to me. I really don't like the singers voice either. But hey, i have respect for them if they are still putting on 4 1/2 hour shows.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 06:23:37 PM »

Turn off the radio and buy 2112.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 12:47:01 PM »

According to All Headline News, the members of RUSH plan to announce a new official book to add to their list of items being released during the next year.

The book will consist of every tour book the band has ever had and combine them all for one large historic pictorial of the group's 31-year history. The book is currently under construction but is likely to hit stores by January 2006.

RUSH also has a number of DVD projects coming soon, including "R:30 - Live In Frankfurt", "Anatomy of A Drum Solo" by drummer Neil Peart, and re-releases of their older VHS videos not yet released on DVD, including "Exit Stage Left..." , "Grace Under Pressure Tour 1984", and "A Show of Hands", which will be offered in a box-set format as well as individually. A complete video collection is also in the works for release in late 2006, including clips shot during the band's later years under Atlantic Records.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 01:17:17 PM »

According to a posting on the RUSH fan site Power Windows, RUSH's much-anticipated new DVD, "R30 Live In Frankfurt", is scheduled for release in the U.S. on November 15. Filmed using 14 hi-definition cameras on September 24, 2004, the two-DVD set contains the Frankfurt concert on the first disc, with interviews, rare and classic footage from the late seventies to the tsunami relief benefit concert in 2005 on the other. The Deluxe Edition also includes two audio CDs of the Frankfurt concert. Unfortunately, eight tracks have seemingly been cut from the show for this release ("Bravado", "YYZ", "The Trees", "One Little Victory", "Secret Touch", "Red Sector A", "La Villa Strangiato" and "By-Tor and the Snow Dog").

The complete details are as follows:

Special Features:

* Limited edition Dunlop guitar picks while supplies last
* RUSH backstage passes
* Interview with John Martin at the Ivor Wynne Stadium, 1977
* In studio interview at Le Studio, Montreal during the recording of "Signals", released 1982
* Interview footage with all 3 band members, Artist of the Decade for the 1980s, 1991
* Interview for the release of "Vapor Trails", 2003
* CBC/Juno Award piece at the bands induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame, 1994

DVD Disc 1:

01. R30 Overture ("Finding My Way", "Bastille Day", "Anthem", "A Passage to Bangkok", "Cygnus", "Hemispheres")
02. The Spirit of Radio
03. Force Ten
04. Animate
05. Subdivisions
06. Earthshine
07. Red Barchetta
08. Roll The Bones
09. The Seeker
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Dreamline
12. Between the Wheels
13. Mystic Rhythms
14. Der Trommler
15. Resist
16. Heart Full of Soul
17. 2112
18. Xanadu
19. Working Man
20. Summertime Blues
21. Crossroads
22. Limelight

DVD Disc 2:

01. Fly By Night, Church Sessions Video 1975
02. Circumstances, Live in Studio 1978
03. La Villa Strangiato, Live in Studio 1978
04. Farewell to Kings, Live in Studio 1978
05. Xanadu, Live in Studio 1978
06. Various songs - soundcheck at Ivor Wynne Stadium 1980
07. Closer to the Heart, Compilation Video 1977-1977
08. Freewill, Performed at the Toronto Rocks/Stones Concert
09. Closer to the Heart, Tsunami Relief performance featuring Ed Robertson of the BARENAKED LADIES and Bubbles of "The Trailer Park Boys".

CD Disc 1:

01. R30 Overture ("Finding My Way", "Bastille Day", "Anthem", "A Passage to Bangkok", "Cygnus", "Hemispheres")
02. The Spirit of Radio
03. Force Ten
04. Animate
05. Subdivisions
06. Earthshine
07. Red Barchetta
08. Roll The Bones
09. The Seeker
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Dreamline

CD Disc 2:

01. Between the Wheels
02. Mystic Rhythms
03. Der Trommler
04. Resist
05. Heart Full of Soul
06. 2112
07. Xanadu
08. Working Man
09. Summertime Blues
10. Crossroads
11. Limelight

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 07:43:17 PM »

Greg Prato of Billboard.com recently spoke to RUSH singer/bassist Geddy Lee about the group's upcoming CD/DVD "R30 Live in Frankurt". Recorded at RUSH's Sept. 24, 2004, stop in Frankfurt, Germany, the project is due Nov. 22 via Rounder in the United States and Anthem in Canada; Sanctuary Visual Entertainment will issue it Nov. 28 in Europe.

"Well, basically nobody was in a big hurry to do another live project, because we've got about 60,000 of them out there," Lee told Billboard.com. "But when we were touring Europe on the last tour, we hadn't been to those countries in 10 years ? some of them 20 years. And there was such an exuberant response from the crowd; it just seemed like a unique opportunity to capture the band in that kind of environment."

"The venue is very old," Lee continued. "We've played there a couple of times. It's always a strange atmosphere for North Americans to come over there and play in one of these buildings that Hitler used to do speeches in and so forth. So it's always got kind of an ominous vibe for us. But the crowd is always great and a lot of fans hadn't seen us in a long time."

With regards to the vintage footage included on the set, Lee attributes the discovery of some it to his brother, who works in the film business. "He took it upon himself to get involved in our vault and see what the hell was lying around down there, and he discovered some of these old things that we had forgotten about," Lee said, adding that some of the clips "are kind of painful to watch [laughs]! Bad hair, bad glasses. You just kind of look in wonderment like, 'Is that really me?' And you really feel how much you've changed since that time."

Meanwhile, RUSH are gearing up for a new album, the follow-up to 2002's "Vapor Trails". "We're just at the stage now where we're getting ourselves ready to do some writing," Lee revealed. So that will take place over the next six to eight months probably, and we'll gather some material together into a record."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »

Karen Bliss of JAM! Music reports:

Canadian rock legends RUSH will be co-producing their new studio album for Anthem Records with Nick Raskulinecz (FOO FIGHTERS, STONE SOUR, SHADOWS FALL). The American producer will be flying up to Toronto next week to meet with the band, which is in the demo phase right now.

"It's early stages. We have nine songs written so far," says guitarist Alex Lifeson. "We're going to continue until we have about 12 songs and finish up preproduction at the end of October, so we'll be really well prepared and then go in the studio in November and start recording."

That way of working is a little different for Lifeson, singer/bassist/keyboardist Geddy Lee and drummer/lyricist Neil Peart, who usually write in the studio and record at the same time.

"This time around, we wanted to write, we wanted to rehearse the material, we wanted to get really inside it before we actually recorded it," explains Lifeson. "We're not spending a lot of time on sound or getting too involved in the recording."

Lifeson and Lee started working "very casually" together through the early part of this year, and Peart sent some lyrics to them. In May, they spent a month in a downtown studio "building things, doing some more writing, doing some pre-production, getting Neil involved, drumming, and then we just went back in about a week and a half ago."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: