Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy mention in the NY Post's gossip section
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy mention in the NY Post's gossip section  (Read 11114 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 13, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »

MUSICAL BRIBE

February 12, 2006 -- STEREO nightclub owners Barry Mullineaux and Mike Satsky were closing up their Chelsea hotspot at 5:30 a.m. the other morning when they encountered elusive Guns 'N' Roses frontman Axl Rose at the front door. The braided rocker was with bandmates and a bevy of beauties wanting to keep his 44th birthday bash going. Rose was so eager to get inside the club that he offered the owners a little bribe - an exclusive listening party for his yet-to-be released album, "Chinese Democracy." Axl dispatched his driver to retrieve the unreleased CD and the owners proceeded to play host, bartender and DJ to the posse till 8 a.m.

Source(s): http://www.nypost.com/   

Thanks to: GypsySnow

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »

I think this is so damn interesting. I know Axl have played new GNR songs on bars before, but this time it was Chinese Democracy??
Even more interesting, Axl and the guys in New Your, GNR managment headquarter?  peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »

This sounds too good to be true, yet Mysteron has confirmed it to be true over on another forum. So you can count me in as a believer. I'm finally looking forward to a release date announcement!   Grin

It'd be nice to find out which of the bandmembers were with him.

It's great to finally have this site back online! It makes you appreciate the htgth community when you have to go to other forums to discuss & find news!

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 02:50:13 PM »

This sounds too good to be true, yet Mysteron has confirmed it to be true over on another forum. So you can count me in as a believer. I'm finally looking forward to a release date announcement!? ?Grin

It's great to finally have this site back online! It makes you appreciate the htgth community when you have to go to other forums to discuss & find news!

Yeah! Agree! There is no Forum like this one! MYGNR is a mess!
I wont speculate on who Axl went out with, but we know that Richard lives in NY. Anyone knows if Robin lives there? Or maybe Brain, Pittman?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 02:53:58 PM »

Apparently, every couple of years a Strip club gets lucky ... Didn?t something just like this happened in 2002 or 2001??

I guess it?s probably the safest audience to play the album to if he doesn?t want it to leak. The girls don?t have any clothes on, so there?s little chance they?re hiding a MP3 recorder... hihi

Unless, of course.... ?Lips Sealed rofl

P.S. Long time lurker here taking the plunge!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 02:54:19 PM »

All I can say is... Wow!

I was looking forward something like this after a few days that I haven't been able to access this site. ?

The article says he was with "bandmates"...any idea of who? Were they all with him? or just Richard?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »

This sounds too good to be true, yet Mysteron has confirmed it to be true over on another forum.

I did, yes  Cool
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

Same kinda thing happened a year or two ago, remeber?

Axl preveiwed the album at a strip club then rumors of release, then rumor that the record company turned it down (Not enough strong tracks).

I wonder how true those rumors ever were?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 02:59:15 PM »

This sounds too good to be true, yet Mysteron has confirmed it to be true over on another forum. So you can count me in as a believer. I'm finally looking forward to a release date announcement!   Grin

Yeah! Agree! There is no Forum like this one! MYGNR is a mess!
I wont speculate on who Axl went out with, but we know that Richard lives in NY. Anyone knows if Robin lives there? Or maybe Brain, Pittman?

yeah   i love this forum, too. there was something missing the past days ok     this site just has it`s own level.

This sounds too good to be true, yet Mysteron has confirmed it to be true over on another forum.

I did, yes Cool

hey mysteron, is it possible for you to get to know which band members were actually with him?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 03:02:30 PM »

This so amazing!! I'm on the verge of tears!! I hope it's comes out soon! I really need it!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

ps : at least, he enjoyed himself, he had a good 44rth.. ok

Nothing to say
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 03:05:47 PM »

I did, yes? Cool

Can you confirm who the other band members were?  Cool
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 03:18:45 PM »

I did, yes? Cool

Can you confirm who the other band members were?? Cool

I have never asked. I'll see if I can find out
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 03:21:51 PM »

Thanks dude!!!! you rock ok

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 03:39:46 PM »

I did, yes? Cool

Can you confirm who the other band members were?? Cool

I have never asked. I'll see if I can find out

I cannot confirm who the members were. Sorry
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »

Probably Richard, he lives in NY...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Evolution
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »

Pretty cool thing to have confirmed. Those lucky bastard in the club, getting some scoop  Tongue
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

So glad the site is back up, I haven't had my GNR fix in a few days.  Wow, that is the coolest thing I think I've ever heard.  With all of the people I DON'T want to see in NYC why can't I run into Axl! hehe.  Seriously though, do you guys feel this huge "thing" just building up?  I feel like any day now we are going to hear some BIG news.  I have no basis whatsoever for thinking this, just a gut feeling (prob a lot of hope too).  Its like this silent build up that is going to lead to a massive crescendo that is going to rock the music world.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 04:23:49 PM »

If Axl feels comfortable playing this for the public via a sneak preview, he might be close to releasing it for general consumption.

A perfectionist like him wouldnt bring something out like this unless he was close.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 04:31:11 PM »

If Axl feels comfortable playing this for the public via a sneak preview, he might be close to releasing it for general consumption.

A perfectionist like him wouldnt bring something out like this unless he was close.

well he did that allready in '03 at a strip club.... but it wasn?t CD and the circumstances were different

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: