Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:13:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy mention in the NY Post's gossip section
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy mention in the NY Post's gossip section  (Read 11220 times)
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2006, 08:44:39 AM »

Maybe it's a dumb question- has anyone spoken to the nightclub owners about what was played?

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2006, 09:05:15 AM »

someone tried. he's dead now.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2006, 09:24:11 AM »

aww.. now i know what that steak was axl was eating

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 09:51:49 AM »

Picasso used to pay bills for restaurants by drawing something on napkins.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »

That driver was one lucky dude...

Ah ha maybe the driver ripped a copy on his laptop while transporting the tunes to the club??

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 10:45:27 AM »

Undecided im confused about the excitement for this news. its like a week old
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2006, 06:28:24 AM »

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=10415&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36

*scroll down*

Chinese democracy sounded great.....we were playing poker earlier in the night...axl told amazing stories, totally personable, and anyone that says he is a secluded person is flat out wrong....the guy said hello and responded to anyone that came in contact with him, and ...

the guy is indeed posting from New York City.
(  Barry Mullineaux )

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2006, 06:30:52 AM »

so what does this mean?

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2006, 06:41:12 AM »

.....he mentioned he was in nyc working on approval for samples of mlk and morgan freeman used on madagascar.....all true....later peoples...axl is the man!!! braided out, and a little scruffy, but honestly sounded great.... fyi...his man took the double cd copy of chinese democracy and did not leave it behind....believe it man!

hmmm interesting... I love madagascar

and a double copy?!?!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2006, 06:41:44 AM »

i dunno he just talks about that night, but doesnt say much, again, we dont know for sure.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2006, 06:54:26 AM »

i dunno he just talks about that night, but doesnt say much, again, we dont know for sure.

but if that info is true it's very interesting about the madagascar quotes and double disk. If he's working on the madagascar quotes it means he is getting that one extra step further on to a release.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2006, 10:56:35 AM »

guy named: "barrym" posted this on cd.com:

Chinese democracy sounded great.....we were playing poker earlier in the night...axl told amazing stories, totally personable, and anyone that says he is a secluded person is flat out wrong....the guy said hello and responded to anyone that came in contact with him, and was speaking very free....axl loves hip hop as well as rock...he is a huge fan of NWA and Eazy E.......that story in the post was about thursday night, and he came back to stereo on friday late night then we walked to bungalo 8 and chilled there until like 6am.....he mentioned he was in nyc working on approval for samples of mlk and morgan freeman used on madagascar.....all true....later peoples...axl is the man!!! braided out, and a little scruffy, but honestly sounded great.... fyi...his man took the double cd copy of chinese democracy and did not leave it behind....believe it man!

I was just surfing the net and came across this site and read deep into the forum and saw my name pop up.....i am just confirming that this is all true....this shit sounds great and axl is a amazing dude with hell of alot of amazing stories as you could imagine....out of all the celebs that come to Stereo this was one not to forget......i get the biggest names there and could care less, but Axl is just a flat out a god and he was the most modest humble guy ever....its mad respectable.....later...

source: http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic....=10415&start=36

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RichardNixon
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2006, 11:00:35 AM »

And who is this "barrym," and what kind of credentials does he have?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2006, 11:01:19 AM »

YEP!! This guy is the shit! not one bit worried about anything, a total cool head.. Music is gonna rock, good post! ok   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2006, 11:04:15 AM »

guy named: "barrym" posted this on cd.com:

Chinese democracy sounded great.....we were playing poker earlier in the night...axl told amazing stories, totally personable, and anyone that says he is a secluded person is flat out wrong....the guy said hello and responded to anyone that came in contact with him, and was speaking very free....axl loves hip hop as well as rock...he is a huge fan of NWA and Eazy E.......that story in the post was about thursday night, and he came back to stereo on friday late night then we walked to bungalo 8 and chilled there until like 6am.....he mentioned he was in nyc working on approval for samples of mlk and morgan freeman used on madagascar.....all true....later peoples...axl is the man!!! braided out, and a little scruffy, but honestly sounded great.... fyi...his man took the double cd copy of chinese democracy and did not leave it behind....believe it man!

I was just surfing the net and came across this site and read deep into the forum and saw my name pop up.....i am just confirming that this is all true....this shit sounds great and axl is a amazing dude with hell of alot of amazing stories as you could imagine....out of all the celebs that come to Stereo this was one not to forget......i get the biggest names there and could care less, but Axl is just a flat out a god and he was the most modest humble guy ever....its mad respectable.....later...

source: http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic....=10415&start=36

FYI, this was already posted here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25897.40

But I have a question.  This poster said that the story in the post was from Thursday night.  What story?  The sighting of Axl eating steak?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2006, 11:04:59 AM »

I find it strange that he is trying to get the MLK rights this late in the game. Its amazing he didn't do that during the 2002 tour, or before that. Since those quotes cant be used without permission, he wasn't lying about 'soon' not being the word. This latest news brings up a related question. Doesn't he have to get the rights to use 'Catcher in the Rye'?

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2006, 11:07:07 AM »

I find it strange that he is trying to get the MLK rights this late in the game. Its amazing he didn't do that during the 2002 tour, or before that. Since those quotes cant be used without permission, he wasn't lying about 'soon' not being the word. This latest news brings up a related question. Doesn't he have to get the rights to use 'Catcher in the Rye'?

Why would he have to get the rights to catcher in the rye? Hes only using it as a song title so there should be no problem. As for this story it seems pretty fake to me. Axl would have gotten the rights to use those quotes in the songs years ago. And besides that there was no Morgan Freeman quotes on the 02 tour was there?  Huh
makane
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 11:11:54 AM »

Why would he have to get the rights to catcher in the rye? Hes only using it as a song title so there should be no problem. As for this story it seems pretty fake to me. Axl would have gotten the rights to use those quotes in the songs years ago. And besides that there was no Morgan Freeman quotes on the 02 tour was there?? Huh
in 02, maybe there is now?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2006, 11:13:55 AM »

And who is this "barrym," and what kind of credentials does he have?
I think the guy's name is Barry M....

I won't post his real name.  But, apparently, in the other thread on this board, someone felt certain he was from NYC...so it's plausible.

Ali
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »

nwa easy e... Wonder if he just saw axl's old clothes..Suprised he didn't say he loved OPP/NBN

Who knows what to believe..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: