Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Paris!!!... Tonight... 05.June.2012
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Paris!!!... Tonight... 05.June.2012  (Read 26145 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

AXL ROSE Says Woman Who Stole His Jewels Was 'Just An Excited Fan' - June 7, 2012

GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose got his jewelry back after the woman who stole them returned the items to a police station in central Paris, France.

Rose was robbed of three gold-and-diamond necklaces worth $200,000 after the band performed in Paris on Tuesday night (June 5).

The robbery took place during a private party for the group in an area guarded by Rose's personal security team, where only members of the singer's entourage and invited guests were allowed. Rose was not wearing the three gold and diamond necklaces at the time of their disappearance and was said to be "furious" about the incident.

The next day (Wednesday, June 6), a young woman was taken into police custody after admitting that she took the necklaces.

The woman, a model whose identity was not revealed, told police that she had too much to drink and inadvertently put Rose's necklaces in her handbag, realizing her mistake only after waking up at lunchtime.

Writing on his Twitter account, Rose said, "Got my things back (really just an excited fan.) Thank you to the person for returning them n' big thanks 2 the Paris police."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=175111

I doff my hat to Axl. That was a wonderful and generous response to the situation, given what happened, yet it was appropriate.

A class act, and possibly on hearing of the events surrounding the incident, probably something he's done under the influence...  Was addressed pretty quickly by the other side which helped no doubt.  I'm curious into the value however, was that the purchase price, if so, being bought some time back (if this is the same as he wears on stage) will be worth somewhat more as there's been a shift upwards in the price of precious metals and stones as economies are flat-lining.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2012, 05:34:18 AM »

AXL ROSE Says Woman Who Stole His Jewels Was 'Just An Excited Fan' - June 7, 2012

GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose got his jewelry back after the woman who stole them returned the items to a police station in central Paris, France.

Rose was robbed of three gold-and-diamond necklaces worth $200,000 after the band performed in Paris on Tuesday night (June 5).

The robbery took place during a private party for the group in an area guarded by Rose's personal security team, where only members of the singer's entourage and invited guests were allowed. Rose was not wearing the three gold and diamond necklaces at the time of their disappearance and was said to be "furious" about the incident.

The next day (Wednesday, June 6), a young woman was taken into police custody after admitting that she took the necklaces.

The woman, a model whose identity was not revealed, told police that she had too much to drink and inadvertently put Rose's necklaces in her handbag, realizing her mistake only after waking up at lunchtime.

Writing on his Twitter account, Rose said, "Got my things back (really just an excited fan.) Thank you to the person for returning them n' big thanks 2 the Paris police."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=175111

I doff my hat to Axl. That was a wonderful and generous response to the situation, given what happened, yet it was appropriate.

A class act, and possibly on hearing of the events surrounding the incident, probably something he's done under the influence...  Was addressed pretty quickly by the other side which helped no doubt.  I'm curious into the value however, was that the purchase price, if so, being bought some time back (if this is the same as he wears on stage) will be worth somewhat more as there's been a shift upwards in the price of precious metals and stones as economies are flat-lining.

It would be my guess that items of that value are likely to be regularly appraised, if only for insurance purposes!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »

Have you guys noticed how mean spirited the press seems to be in Great Britian. I was reading a story about one of the shows over there and there was a video full of 20 something hipsters going off on all this negative stuff about the band being late and blah blah. I just think, it?s Guns N? Roses, they?re not gonna play at 7 and wrap it up by 9:30.  And I think it was only an hour ?late.? I don?t know, kinda made me mad. People going to these things should understand they?re in for a late night.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »

Have you guys noticed how mean spirited the press seems to be in Great Britian. I was reading a story about one of the shows over there and there was a video full of 20 something hipsters going off on all this negative stuff about the band being late and blah blah. I just think, it?s Guns N? Roses, they?re not gonna play at 7 and wrap it up by 9:30.  And I think it was only an hour ?late.? I don?t know, kinda made me mad. People going to these things should understand they?re in for a late night.

I swear I think there is a certain number of people (mostly younger 15-23) in every city and country that just go to whatever show happens to be in town or whatever their friends go to. I have been to concerts here in the States and see these people. Most of them are just there for the scene and couldn't be more disinterested in the band playing.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »

Have you guys noticed how mean spirited the press seems to be in Great Britian.

The press here are awful, to be honest.

It is because we have a certain way of living. Concerts here end at 10.00 to 11.00pm, and we, generally, hate people being late, in the same way that we do not like people who queue jump.

I know through speaking to alot of old school friends who liked GN'R back in the day that they find Axl dis-respectful towards our way of living, and I think it is this that causes the bad press here. As you mentioned, we were once Great Britain and I think the pomp and stubborness that went with that still remains with alot of people who live here.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

It is because we have a certain way of living. Concerts here end at 10.00 to 11.00pm, and we, generally, hate people being late, in the same way that we do not like people who queue jump.

I know through speaking to alot of old school friends who liked GN'R back in the day that they find Axl dis-respectful towards our way of living, and I think it is this that causes the bad press here. As you mentioned, we were once Great Britain and I think the pomp and stubborness that went with that still remains with alot of people who live here.

Amen to that.  This namby pamby country with its elf and safety, Guardian reading moaners have infested this country of ours, metro-sexual men (wtf) with their man-bags and their skinny bloody lattes. Obsessed with celeb's, big brother and TOWIE (whatever that is) and kids who sit on their arses, playing with their Xboxes (the fat little fuckers are brilliant at fifa 12, but absolutely shit in real life) not allowed to go out incase a peado get 'em, cooking programmes galory, yet see people with batter mix (just add milk rofl) in their baskets. This country has gone soft, its gone hopeless, its gone "were entitled" yet have done fuck all to "earn" a fucking right to anything. We were once governed by kings when were a kingdom, now were are just a country, well go figure whose in charge these days.

The women aren't any better, nail bars, shoes, shoes and more bloody shoes, must have chocolate too, kidding themselves that its better than sex and that it doesn't make "them fat" other girls yes, but not them....

This country has gone soft, it has lost its mojo, it can't work things out without using google and even then it get things wrong because they are too thick to work out what the blood question is... That's better, can sleep now thats off my chest.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:02 PM »

Civil War HD video live in Paris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qIJvPmr5Y&feature=plcp (filmed by my friend S2B)

Look at Axl's mimics in the beginning of the song, so funny. Smiley

imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »

Civil War HD video live in Paris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qIJvPmr5Y&feature=plcp (filmed by my friend S2B)

Great videos (this one and others by him)- thank your buddy for me!

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
cineater
Legend

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »

Great videos (this one and others by him)- thank your buddy for me!

Me too, great video!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2012, 04:41:45 AM »

Amen to that.  This namby pamby country with its elf and safety, Guardian reading moaners have infested this country of ours, metro-sexual men (wtf) with their man-bags and their skinny bloody lattes. Obsessed with celeb's, big brother and TOWIE (whatever that is) and kids who sit on their arses, playing with their Xboxes (the fat little fuckers are brilliant at fifa 12, but absolutely shit in real life) not allowed to go out incase a peado get 'em, cooking programmes galory, yet see people with batter mix (just add milk rofl) in their baskets. This country has gone soft, its gone hopeless, its gone "were entitled" yet have done fuck all to "earn" a fucking right to anything. We were once governed by kings when were a kingdom, now were are just a country, well go figure whose in charge these days.

The women aren't any better, nail bars, shoes, shoes and more bloody shoes, must have chocolate too, kidding themselves that its better than sex and that it doesn't make "them fat" other girls yes, but not them....

This country has gone soft, it has lost its mojo, it can't work things out without using google and even then it get things wrong because they are too thick to work out what the blood question is... That's better, can sleep now thats off my chest.

Amen to that, Wightgunner!

Mysteron, Slashbaconpit,

I know what you mean about the press here in GB being mean spirited. We are famous for having the most  trashy tabloid press in the world, and it was really pioneered by Murdoch after he bought the Sun back in 1969. Now, the mean, intrusive, snarky, sensationalist  style of reportage seems to be the norm, to the extent where something like the 'National Enquirer' would be viewed as mild here.

So why should matter if some journalists want to stir up shit for a living? Well, it seems that a tabloid style attitude has infected the man in the street here, who reads this shit and becomes mean spirited too. Witness, for example, the kind of comments that greeted this story on the message boards of the Daily Mail and NME. Whereas any normal, compassionate human being might think something like 'oh, how terrible. Hope the thief gets caught and he gets his jewellery back', the shining wits of the UK could only contribute such pearls of wisdom like 'Ha Ha Ha, serves him right' or 'OMG, he is well fat lol'. OK, I know people from outside the UK make those kind of comments too, especially on the internet. But I also think that us brits exported this kind of shit to the world. I also think this kind of attitude has helped our country go soft in the ways that wightgunner has described.

Okay, that's enough of me bashing my country. rant I'm glad that you Pairsiennes got to expereince such a great show!

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2012, 06:55:20 AM »

Just wanted to let you guys know that we will be updating tonight on Twitter for Lyon's show: twitter.com/gnrfrance

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: