Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Duff's arrival mean different setlist?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Duff's arrival mean different setlist?  (Read 7858 times)
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »

This is just speculation but:

Prior to the tour we were hearing rumours of "three new songs being played this tour" - some people took that to mean new unreleased songs, others took it to mean songs this line-up hadn't played live.

We have since found out that plans for Duff to fill in for Tommy have been in the works for a while and Duff rehearsed with the band before the tour, and the rehearsal setlist was leaked with three "new" songs this line-up hasn't done: Raw Power, Attitude, and So Fine.

I wonder if those are the three songs that were being referred to. Two of them have been played now.

Like I said, just a thought...

Seems likely to be true.  I was thinking earlier it could have been the band member solos too. 

But what also seems true is that Axl doesn't have much interest in present new material to the world.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »

there was a bit of cant put your arms right before raw power, that would also be cool to hear.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »

Prior to the tour we were hearing rumours of "three new songs being played this tour" - some people took that to mean new unreleased songs, others took it to mean songs this line-up hadn't played live.

We have since found out that plans for Duff to fill in for Tommy have been in the works for a while and Duff rehearsed with the band before the tour, and the rehearsal setlist was leaked with three "new" songs this line-up hasn't done: Raw Power, Attitude, and So Fine.

I wonder if those are the three songs that were being referred to. Two of them have been played now.

This could be.

But...why even go down that legalese road?  Anytime you have to start out your answer with "Technically...technically speaking, I'm saying....." you are already fighting uphill.  You are trying to put a good spin on something you didn't deliver.

End of the day, anyone that accepts that rationale for this being "three new songs" wasn't exactly a fan holding their feet to the fire on anything.  The only ones accepting that spin are people that don't care.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »

This could be.

But...why even go down that legalese road?  Anytime you have to start out your answer with "Technically...technically speaking, I'm saying....." you are already fighting uphill.  You are trying to put a good spin on something you didn't deliver.

End of the day, anyone that accepts that rationale for this being "three new songs" wasn't exactly a fan holding their feet to the fire on anything.  The only ones accepting that spin are people that don't care.

For one, it got people talking, and honestly, as a fan, setlist changes are a good thing. I don't mind the same setlist with minor changes night to night, but tour to tour (since I usually see multiple shows on multiple tours) it gets a tad repetitive, so having several songs that haven't been played in a while turn up is a good thing for me.

Would I prefer new music? Sure! But I'm happy to see Raw Power and Attitude played live, just like I was thrilled to see Down in the Farm, Nice Boys, Estranged, Civil War, etc. when they brought those back.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »

For one, it got people talking, and honestly, as a fan, setlist changes are a good thing. I don't mind the same setlist with minor changes night to night, but tour to tour (since I usually see multiple shows on multiple tours) it gets a tad repetitive, so having several songs that haven't been played in a while turn up is a good thing for me.

Would I prefer new music? Sure! But I'm happy to see Raw Power and Attitude played live, just like I was thrilled to see Down in the Farm, Nice Boys, Estranged, Civil War, etc. when they brought those back.

All true, but none are new songs.  And you only look like some kind of smartass trying to weasel your way out of it.

But, as I've said a few times now, we had that "3 new songs" bit from some guy on a message board that talked to someone allegedly high up.  There was enough plausible denial in that to last them all of their 9 lives.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »

Most GNR fans are not like us.  They do not follow today's band.  They are still big fans of what they believe is GNR.  With Slash and Duff...etc.   But, if they went to a show, they would not have any interest in Chinese Democracy, let alone new songs.  And they would not know watching Live that his voice is that bad.  They would definitely notice it on youtube.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »

Most GNR fans are not like us.  They do not follow today's band.  They are still big fans of what they believe is GNR.  With Slash and Duff...etc.   But, if they went to a show, they would not have any interest in Chinese Democracy, let alone new songs.  And they would not know watching Live that his voice is that bad.  They would definitely notice it on youtube.

Yeah, I think that's the right read.

But I am a person interested in hearing new music before god calls me.  I would think most people that choose to post at this board share that belief.  And so much as one new song would be a sign we aren't totally wasting our time here following the neverending AFD tribute show.

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 06:02:20 PM »

Apparently So Fine was soundchecked. Cornchucker maybe ?  Grin

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
mr.lance
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 08:28:51 AM »

It's so nice to hear the bass and backing vocal perfect again.
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »

I think with Duff doing backing vocals makes its sound more authentic. I have no problem with Tommy, I've seen GnR 4 times with him and 0 times with Duff but from the videos I've seen, having Duff fill in did remind me of the old days a bit more.

I'd still much prefer Tommy coming back and a new record than anything else though.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: