Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  What will happen with this section now that VR is over?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What will happen with this section now that VR is over?  (Read 16014 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: April 01, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »

Now that Velvet Revolver as we know it today, is pretty much over (last show tonight), it's time to think ahead.

What should we do with this section?

The possibilities are endless. It could be converted into something new.

Maybe a dedicated Buckethead section?

Maybe a special section for Izzy Stradlin's solo work?

How about a Matt Sorum section, the foundation on which the house of VR was built?

The section well be "relaunched" before the end of this month, but before any final decisions are made, I'm interested in your ideas.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »

Slash said in an interview that there will be a 3rd VR album without Weiland:
http://gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1259

I'd just leave the section the way it is.

And there goes the challenger...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »

I would say to hold off on any drastic changes due to VR continuing on. The verdict is still out on Weiland, but it increasingly looks like he's leaving. One thing I wouldn't do is give Scott his own section  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
suicide
VIP

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:13:56 AM »

Should we give up on a band just because a member of the band gets replaced or quits?
gnr2k6
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:15:40 AM »

How about a Matt Sorum section, the foundation on which the house of VR was built?

/jarmo

thats funny haha!!!
very very dry matey!!
i rekon just merge the vr topic into ex gunners thn just fade it away as people stop posting
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

Now that Velvet Revolver as we know it today, is pretty much over (last show tonight), it's time to think ahead.

I'm torn between these two (BH or Izzy).

I immediately rejected the Matt suggestion because, along with his current bandmates, he seems so stuck in the past that he's blinded to the future.

Axl did confirm that some of BH's contributions to CD are still on the album so he'll probably use that as a springboard to promote a lot of solo projects.

But I really really really love Izzy and all the new material he's been putting out recently and especially the fact that he did all those guest appearances with GNR on the last few tours which IMO was his way of giving his blessing to where they're headed with the GNR legacy.

So I guess if I had to pick one, it would be ..... IZZY!!!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:06:03 AM »

My opinion is you should eradicate any mention of the ex-bandmembers from the entire site.

I mean..the past is the past, right?  They all left...so why even talk about their "current projects"?  We should only be allowed to mention them when talking about their previous work in GnR, or if they are somehow involved with the current version of GnR.  Otherwise, the Nazi's....I mean moderators....should simply take a "they're dead to us" approach and eradicate every other possible mention of them..

In fact....lets face it...even when they were members of the band, most of them were drug addled, alcohol soaked, worthless sacks of shit.  Everyone knows Axl  (and to a much lesser extent, Izzy) was the real driving force behind GnR.  The rest of the guys are just beggers and hangers on, right?

Jarmo, I think the only thing you can do is relaunch the section as an Izzy section.  He's definitely the only member who is somewhat currently involved with GnR.  And...actually...maybe you should just shut down the ENTIRE Ex-Gunners section and relaunch it at the "Izzy Stradlin Shrine" or maybe "Where's Izzy?".  Something like that.  I'm so sick of even talking about Slash, Matt, and Duff (I'd add Adler to that, too...but really, who talks about HIM??!!).  What posers!

Jeesh, I can't believe we're even having this conversation on today, of all days!   ok Tongue
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:27:13 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
suicide
VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »

My opinion is you should eradicate any mention of the ex-bandmembers from the entire site.

I mean..the past is the past, right?  They all left...so why even talk about their "current projects"?  We should only be allowed to mention them when talking about their previous work in GnR, or if they are somehow involved with the current version of GnR.  Otherwise, the Nazi's....I mean moderators....should simply take a "they're dead to us" approach and eradicate every other possible mention of them..

In fact....lets face it...even when they were members of the band, most of them were drug addled, alcohol soaked, worthless sacks of shit.  Everyone knows Axl  (and to a much lesser extent, Izzy) was the real driving force behind GnR.  The rest of the guys are just beggers and hangers on, right?

Jarmo, I think the only thing you can do is relaunch the section as an Izzy section.  He's definitely the only member who is somewhat currently involved with GnR.  And...actually...maybe you should just shut down the ENTIRE Ex-Gunners section and relaunch it at the "Izzy Stradlin Shrine" or maybe "Where's Izzy?".  Something like that.  I'm so sick of even talking about Slash, Matt, and Duff (I'd add Adler to that, too...but really, who talks about HIM??!!).  What posers!

Jeesh, I can't believe we're even having this conversation on today, of all days!   ok Tongue
Can we still talk about Buckethead? He's still on the album but he left the band. And what about Brain? We don't know for sure he's coming back. And can we mention Izzy's involvement in other bands (like Velvet Revolver)?
And what do we do when GN'R is on the cover of a magazine but an old picture is used? Or what if any of the current members mentions a replaced member? Pretend that didn't happen?
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »

The section well be "relaunched" before the end of this month, but before any final decisions are made, I'm interested in your ideas.

/jarmo

I smell..

Aprillia!

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »

Can we still talk about Buckethead? He's still on the album but he left the band. And what about Brain? We don't know for sure he's coming back. And can we mention Izzy's involvement in other bands (like Velvet Revolver)?
And what do we do when GN'R is on the cover of a magazine but an old picture is used? Or what if any of the current members mentions a replaced member? Pretend that didn't happen?

Hmm....good questions.

I think each instance will need to be reviewed by the panel of moderators (and maybe a daily changing panel of celebrity guest moderators) for a decision on a case by case basis.

But here would be MY decisions: 

1) Buckethead can only be talked about in relation to the material he's actually contributed.  That means, right now, he can be discussed in relation to the shows he's played, and that Axl says he's on CD.  No mention of his solo work allowed.  Once the album comes out, you can discuss him in relation to the specific tracks he's on. NO discussion of his personal obsession with Chicken coops (even if he had one in the recording studio) or his frequent trips to Disneyland are allowed.

2) Brain can only be discussed in relation to the shows he's played.  You are NOT allowed to speculate or discuss his current status with the band unless/until Axl gives his OK.

3) No, you can't mention Izzy's involvement with VR.  However, if he's involved with any OTHER bands, or doing solo work, feel free to discuss that in the "Izzy Shrine".

4) If an old picture is used, feel free to ridicule the outdated fashion sense of the old members....and talk about how they're lucky to have been in the same room as Mr. Rose.

5) Any mention by current members of former members will be strictly and completely censored by the moderators.

But hey, I'm not a mod......so we'll have to ask jarmo how he feels about those situations.

Grin

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »

I smell..

Aprillia!

[Sniff Sniff]

Hmmmmm, you think?

Smells like Teen Spirit to me....

Together again,
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 11:02:05 AM »

/jarmo

At first I was thinking "ohh come on man! VR may still be alive if they get a new singer why not wait?" But when you said "a special section for Izzy's solo work" I thought hmmmmmm not bad at all sir.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »

1) Buckethead can only be talked about in relation to the material he's actually contributed.  That means, right now, he can be discussed in relation to the shows he's played, and that Axl says he's on CD.  No mention of his solo work allowed.  Once the album comes out, you can discuss him in relation to the specific tracks he's on. NO discussion of his personal obsession with Chicken coops (even if he had one in the recording studio) or his frequent trips to Disneyland are allowed.

But will we be allowed to discuss the sharing of the can of Dr Pepper?  There are bound to be burning questions regarding the use of tumblers versus straws, with ice or without, and was it divided equally or on a percentage basis according to the number of tracks he's on?  And what happened to the empty can...?

These are all issues it'd be foolish to ignore.   Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »

But will we be allowed to discuss the sharing of the can of Dr Pepper?  There are bound to be burning questions regarding the use of tumblers versus straws, with ice or without, and was it divided equally or on a percentage basis according to the number of tracks he's on?  And what happened to the empty can...?

These are all issues it'd be foolish to ignore.   Wink

The sharing of the Dr. Pepper...since it was brought up by Axl....would be fair game

However, given the recent interview with the corporate big wig...it sounds like Axl won't have to share.  That's a good thing, since god only knows what kind of chicken germs the Bucket Headed one carries underneath that KFC "dome".   Wouldn't want Axl to get sick, would we?

The empty can, if there was sharing going on, would obviously be bagged, tagged, and stored for the purpose of creating (via cloning) a "SUPER MUSICIAN".

Together again,
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 11:42:01 AM »

/jarmo

Dear Jarmo, please dont change it so drastically as you suggested, because:
1. They may keep him afterall, and release/tour as VR as we know it, you never know, people sometimes resolves their problems?
2. They may find a new singer, but the factor that made VR relevant for the Gnr community is still valid, they still have 3 ex members in VR, and most importantly, they still have Slash?
3. If not one of the the two alternatives gets choosen upon from VR, just merge it into one big "ex gunners" section

I really find it very childish to even consider deleting everything about all former members of Guns N Roses, as it will be like a big cover up, or lie about GnR history, it kind uf reminds me of goverment-like propaganda, where it is a military coup, and then the new regime tries to erease all traces of the former head of state, and that just smells funny, and gives me a bit of   a strange taste in my mouth. Jarmo, I hope you dont fall for that temptation just because you are tired of arguing with other people. I mean, the silent majority of GnR fans love GnR because of the songs they?ve heard, and most of them are played by former members, and then you have a considerable (but still yet the majority) group that are very excited to hear the new stuff, and the new members, but you will take away the fun for a lot of visitors with just a section about the new version of GnR, and the new songs and CD being the only thing to be discussed in here, dont you think? I think its pretty easy on this site as it is now, when I wanna hear about Guns N Roses and whats happening, I just click myself in, but then I wanna hear about Slash, so I click in here, then sometimes Im like "waz up with Gilby, havent heard about him for a while" and I click in the ex gunners, and so on.. Sometimes I wanna hear about side projects, old stuff, new stuff like most people do in here, so let us be able to do just that beer

I end my post with a little quote: " To be able to know the future, you must first know the past "

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »

Jarmo, the band will go on.  In 1997, one thought GNR were over, then look at what happened.  Don't give up.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »

I think I'd prefer a section dedicated to Tom Mayhue and other notable members of the road crew.

It's time to give back!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »

my vote goes to Sorum.
its about time this board recognized his contributions to the rock world in general, and gnr in particular.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:44 AM »

I think I'd prefer a section dedicated to Tom Mayhue and other notable members of the road crew.

It's time to give back!
When did he become an Ex-GNR camp member?   confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »

It's time to give back!

That right there, my friend, is an AWESOME idea.

Change the entire "Ex-Gunners" Section to "Life of the Roadies".

Mint, I tell you..MINT!

Together again,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: