Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227861 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?  (Read 14208 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »

I think the big sticker on the front of it that reads Guest Vocals by Axl Rose made a bit of a difference. Which sucks coz Baz is a great entertainer.
But I know alot of people that wouldn't have bought the record if Axl wasn't on it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Captaint
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »

Success or not, after listening to Angel Down, it kicks ass.? THAT'S the success. Who cares how many cd he sells.

Well said, this is a great album.  You can't judge art on how much money it makes.

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »

I doubt Angel Down will have much impact on anything. Angel Down is medioca at best. I'm sure Seb fans love it, much in the same way Iron Maiden fans love Iron Maiden. I choose Iron Maiden and Angel Down as both their album sounds have a similar impact on me. Neither here nor there, much of a muchness, a wall of sound that says little.

I believe the last Maiden  record went top ten in the States, which is a first for them.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »

Success or not, after listening to Angel Down, it kicks ass.  THAT'S the success. Who cares how many cd he sells.

Well said, this is a great album.  You can't judge art on how much money it makes.

I agree. While it'd be nice to see people appreciating metal in the numbers they used to, I don't care how much it sells so long as I like it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 06:51:12 PM »

Baz is not a popular name... no where to Axl's iconic status in Pop Culture. Axl will sell a crapload of copies without even trying.

He's popular with me!!! ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 06:54:42 PM »

Baz must have felt Axl's presence would have given the album a kick; it didn 't. 

As for CD, there are far bigger worries than the tepid sales of an Axl cameoed record and much more to lose.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »

As for CD, there are far bigger worries than the tepid sales of an Axl cameoed record and much more to lose.

Uhhh, like what?
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 07:30:24 PM »

6,400? Shit, that sucks. Is that more than K-Fed sold in his first week.

isa
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 07:33:14 PM »

no way!
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »

I don't really think we'll see an incredible top 10 for this album, but it's a number one for us GN'R fans because we get to hear Axl on a record of somewhat 'new' material for the first time in 16 years.  So, yeah I'd say for us it is great.  Proof to Axl that we still believe. 

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »

I think it has no impact whatsoever. To be honest, I just bought the three songs that Axl was on. The other songs
didn't impress me at all. Besides Axl has much more popularity than Bach.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »

Who knows how big of a failure that Angel Down really is.  They obviously didn't ship many copies of it and people had trouble finding it in stores.  The sales figures are definitely poor but when people who want to buy your record can't even find it in a store what do you expect? 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 09:11:08 PM »

Who knows how big of a failure that Angel Down really is.? They obviously didn't ship many copies of it and people had trouble finding it in stores.? The sales figures are definitely poor but when people who want to buy your record can't even find it in a store what do you expect??
Yeah I was kind of worried about finding the CD myself.  Luckily I found it tucked away under the B's at Best Buy.  But if I didn't know it was out I would've never seen it.  Not gonna get many impulse buys on this one.  I find it kind of strange that there was more of a buzz about this album a month ago when they started playing "Love Is A Bitchslap" and the word came out that Axl was on 3 songs.  Since the album came out I've barely heard it mentioned.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 09:49:36 PM »

I think the show they did on VH1 Supergroup or whatever it was called showed a very unfavorable side of the guy.  I mean everytime he drinks he acts like a complete idiot.  So perhaps he created a buzz.  Unfortunately only through Pinot Noir Wine. I get wild when I drink, but he is just kind of a Tool an annoying asshole on that show.  It changed my opinion on him.  He does a lot of media whoring on d-list reality shows.  If it wasnt for VH1 he would be working at the record store that sells Angel Down.  Axl doesnt just come out for some stupid celebrity rap show.  I like in some of the promo videos for Angel Down half or even next to all questions pertain to CD and Axl.  I wonder how he acts around Axl.  Hes like Axl's Condi Rice.  If he had a tail it would wag really fast when he was around Axl. 

Dont eat cheese after midnight
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »

Uhhh, like what?

How about recovering a fan base which hasn't heard a studio album since TSI.....how about creating an album which transcends the periods through which it recorded.......shall I go on?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 10:18:37 PM »

Can I ask a dumb question...I don't watch mtv anymore, because I hate pop and hip hop...

When rock videos are made today...where are they played? Mtv?

Also, noticed that The Cult's new c.d. didn't get much press either....how do rock bands get the word out these days?
ben9785
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »

I think this was a genuine case of Axl just doing it for a friend and doing it "out of love". I think he just went in there to support Baz, had some fun, put some vocals down... but obviously Axl will release that many people will listen to the album to "hear Axl singing again", and I suppose people might accept that maybe he is confident "getting his voice heard again", and hopefully, it will make Axl feel a bit more comfortable having already tested the waters when the time comes to unleash the new album/s..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:24:56 PM by ben114 » Logged
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 10:22:03 PM »

Failure?

I don't think Baz himself was expecting a Top 10 debut....

6400 units in it's debut week is a pretty big commercial failure by any standards, which is a little surprising considering that Axl's name was attached and it's all that Bach has been talking about for the past two months.

Where did this number come from? ?My local independent store had Angel Down in the front of the store with all the new releases as of yesterday, a week after its debut. ?I find it hard to believe that it only sold 6400. ?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »

Can I ask a dumb question...I don't watch mtv anymore, because I hate pop and hip hop...

Also, noticed that The Cult's new c.d. didn't get much press either....how do rock bands get the word out these days?

Vh1 classic  is a good place. mTv 2 not so great but decent. You definitely have to look beyond the front of the house, MTV and Vh1.

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2007, 10:31:33 PM »

Vh1 classic? is a good place. mTv 2 not so great but decent. You definitely have to look beyond the front of the house, MTV and Vh1.

omg, I've watched headbangers ball 2 a couple times and that scared me to death!!!!  I had half my face covered with my covers I was so scared!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: