Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:27:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses ★ World Tour 2012 ★
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses ★ World Tour 2012 ★  (Read 39289 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 11:50:53 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Chelsea Smiles

Sun, February 12, 2012
Doors: 9:00 pm / Show: 10:00 pm

Terminal 5
New York, NY

$79.50

SOLD OUT

http://www.terminal5nyc.com/event/93957

Guns N' Roses
Toilet Boys

Wed, February 15, 2012
Doors: 9:00 pm / Show: 10:00 pm

The Ritz
New York, NY

$125

SOLD OUT

http://www.terminal5nyc.com/event/93959/

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

How the tickets sales are going ?

February 10 - Roseland Ballroom @ NY * SOLD OUT *
February 15 - The Ritz (Webster Hall) @ NY * SOLD OUT *
February 19 - House of Blues @ Chicago, IL * SOLD OUT *
February 23 - The Fillmore @ Silver Spring, MD * SOLD OUT *
Check ticketmaster, Roseland is not sold out.

hbk just loves to say sold out. we are all used to these kind of post from him even if there's still a few tickets available
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »

How the tickets sales are going ?

February 10 - Roseland Ballroom @ NY * SOLD OUT *
February 15 - The Ritz (Webster Hall) @ NY * SOLD OUT *
February 19 - House of Blues @ Chicago, IL * SOLD OUT *
February 23 - The Fillmore @ Silver Spring, MD * SOLD OUT *
Check ticketmaster, Roseland is not sold out.

hbk just loves to say sold out. we are all used to these kind of post from him even if there's still a few tickets available

Of Course

February 21 - The Fillmore @ Detroit, MI

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 01:18:47 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Chelsea Smiles

WOW!  Chelsea Smiles is a really cool band featuring Mr. Todd Youth, that many of you have seen with lots of other bands!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Youth

Hope they play the Silver Spring show too!  The last time I saw them was '05 when they opened the Backyard Babies US tour.  Or The Toilet Boys..what can I say..another great band!!  It is so cool that GN'R is really nailing it when it comes to openers this time around!  Thanks a million times that it won't be some adelita ways radio rubbish

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 06:11:56 AM »

I hope they add Greece somewhere along the way.Thessaloniki would be better,Athens is dead.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »

anyone know the roseland opening act? not that I really care too much

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

I wish they'd get on and announce some UK dates. The suspense is killing me!

Here today...ready to rock
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »

anyone know the roseland opening act? not that I really care too much

Dick Manitoba.

http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/the-day-manitoba-opening-for-gnr/
FabioFrehley
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »

I wish they'd get on and announce some UK dates. The suspense is killing me!

Some rumours about that in May. Which makes sense
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »

Two words: FUCK YEAH.

If you don't already know your punk history on The Dictators, go find out-WELL worth it.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »

Dick Manitoba.

http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/the-day-manitoba-opening-for-gnr/

Two words: FUCK YEAH.

If you don't already know your punk history on The Dictators, go find out-WELL worth it.

That is amazing too!  No doubt that Tommy,Frank,Richard helped pick out the openers this time around, helping out those who really deserve the honor.

I like to visit Manitoba's bar any time I get the chance to go to NYC.  It is small but totally worth checking out if you are close to Tompkins Square Park.  Cheap drinks and good music.  Last I saw The Dictators was this huge festival on Randall's Island.  As usual Dick invited the entire audience of thousands of people to go visit his bar after the show..what a mess!

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »

Guns N? Roses, on Stage in Unchanging Fashion

Axl Rose loves Fashion Week. Mr. Rose, the Guns N? Roses front man reintroduced the band to Manhattan tastemakers in a surprise performance during Fashion Week two years ago after a long absence, and he has chosen this year?s event to stage the band?s three-night residency in New York.

t?s no wonder he appreciates the event: each season, Fashion Week celebrates fads re-appropriated from the past, proving that mainstream taste is cyclical. Mr. Rose, who turned 50 on Monday and who will soon be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, seems more content than ever to wait for the public?s taste to swing back in his favor. As he demonstrated on Friday at the Roseland Ballroom, the residency?s first evening, he clings to his bombastic, outmoded brand of rock and feels no need to modernize it. It is fitting that, in the current ?90s revival dominating runways and rock ?n? roll, he again refuses to adapt to the rough-hewn form of rock now in vogue, like that which dethroned him in 1992, when Nirvana made Guns N? Roses? decadence seem hopelessly uncool.

In many ways the Roseland show could have happened at any point in the 25 years since the band released its seminal first album, ?Appetite for Destruction.? The nearly three-hour show was laden with familiar extravagances: grandiose guitar solos, the band?s aggressively priapic stage presence, Mr. Rose?s multiple costume changes and pliant snake dance. Yet it was a far more streamlined production than past outings; it almost started on time, for one, with nary an onstage tantrum. Mr. Rose remained the sole original member, though the keyboardist Dizzy Reed has hung on since the early 1990s; the backing musicians suggested a giddy, faithful cover act.

he band?s opening song was, surprisingly, its most famous: ?Welcome to the Jungle,? the howl that built its kingdom. The band then segued into note-perfect renditions of two more hits from ?Appetite,? ?It?s So Easy? and ?Mr. Brownstone.? Throughout the evening, the band favored its classic material, namely tracks from ?Appetite? and ?Use Your Illusion? Volumes I and II. ?Civil War? and a cover of Bob Dylan?s ?Knockin? on Heaven?s Door, ? both from ?Illusion II,? were stirring with comparatively modest instrumentation, highlighting Mr. Rose?s still-spectacular vocals and piercing ululation. On piano, he delivered ?November Rain? to full power-ballad splendor, with every second of its majestic coda intact, followed by AC/DC?s ?Whole Lotta Rosie,? a characteristic odes to a Rubenesque woman.

Wisely, the band parceled out tracks from ?Chinese Democracy,? Mr. Rose?s wildly overproduced album that took 17 years and countless musicians to create; it arrived in 2008 as a remnant of a bygone music industry, one that could indulge a mad auteur. A few of its cuts surfaced mid-set, seemingly as irrelevant as they were when the album was released. They created a lull, notably ?Sorry? and its refrain ?I?m sorry for you/Not sorry for me,? for which the audience tepidly joined in.

Late in the night, the audience sang ?Happy Birthday? to Mr. Rose, to which he replied, ?I have been in Guns N? Roses for half my life.? The words rang with a kind of pleased defiance.

Guns N? Roses will perform on Sunday at Terminal 5 and at Webster Hall on Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/arts/music/guns-n-roses-on-stage-in-unchanging-fashion.html

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »

Guns N? Roses, on Stage in Unchanging Fashion

Axl Rose loves Fashion Week. Mr. Rose, the Guns N? Roses front man reintroduced the band to Manhattan tastemakers in a surprise performance during Fashion Week two years ago after a long absence, and he has chosen this year?s event to stage the band?s three-night residency in New York.

t?s no wonder he appreciates the event: each season, Fashion Week celebrates fads re-appropriated from the past, proving that mainstream taste is cyclical. Mr. Rose, who turned 50 on Monday and who will soon be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, seems more content than ever to wait for the public?s taste to swing back in his favor. As he demonstrated on Friday at the Roseland Ballroom, the residency?s first evening, he clings to his bombastic, outmoded brand of rock and feels no need to modernize it. It is fitting that, in the current ?90s revival dominating runways and rock ?n? roll, he again refuses to adapt to the rough-hewn form of rock now in vogue, like that which dethroned him in 1992, when Nirvana made Guns N? Roses? decadence seem hopelessly uncool.

In many ways the Roseland show could have happened at any point in the 25 years since the band released its seminal first album, ?Appetite for Destruction.? The nearly three-hour show was laden with familiar extravagances: grandiose guitar solos, the band?s aggressively priapic stage presence, Mr. Rose?s multiple costume changes and pliant snake dance. Yet it was a far more streamlined production than past outings; it almost started on time, for one, with nary an onstage tantrum. Mr. Rose remained the sole original member, though the keyboardist Dizzy Reed has hung on since the early 1990s; the backing musicians suggested a giddy, faithful cover act.

he band?s opening song was, surprisingly, its most famous: ?Welcome to the Jungle,? the howl that built its kingdom. The band then segued into note-perfect renditions of two more hits from ?Appetite,? ?It?s So Easy? and ?Mr. Brownstone.? Throughout the evening, the band favored its classic material, namely tracks from ?Appetite? and ?Use Your Illusion? Volumes I and II. ?Civil War? and a cover of Bob Dylan?s ?Knockin? on Heaven?s Door, ? both from ?Illusion II,? were stirring with comparatively modest instrumentation, highlighting Mr. Rose?s still-spectacular vocals and piercing ululation. On piano, he delivered ?November Rain? to full power-ballad splendor, with every second of its majestic coda intact, followed by AC/DC?s ?Whole Lotta Rosie,? a characteristic odes to a Rubenesque woman.

Wisely, the band parceled out tracks from ?Chinese Democracy,? Mr. Rose?s wildly overproduced album that took 17 years and countless musicians to create; it arrived in 2008 as a remnant of a bygone music industry, one that could indulge a mad auteur. A few of its cuts surfaced mid-set, seemingly as irrelevant as they were when the album was released. They created a lull, notably ?Sorry? and its refrain ?I?m sorry for you/Not sorry for me,? for which the audience tepidly joined in.

Late in the night, the audience sang ?Happy Birthday? to Mr. Rose, to which he replied, ?I have been in Guns N? Roses for half my life.? The words rang with a kind of pleased defiance.

Guns N? Roses will perform on Sunday at Terminal 5 and at Webster Hall on Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/arts/music/guns-n-roses-on-stage-in-unchanging-fashion.html

I get so fucking sick of the "oh, no one likes the CD songs, and they ruined the energy of the show" bullshit. The crowd I was with liked them just fine. I'm so sick of these stupid "great show BUT" reviews. It was great or it wasn't, and it was, so just say that and shut up.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 12:40:10 AM »

New Date:

June 27 - Basel, Switzerland @ St. Jakobshalle

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »

News Dates USA:

February 27th, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Electric Factory
February 29th, 2012 - Miami, FL @ Fillmore Miami Beach at at Jackie Gleason Theatre
March 3rd, 2012 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues Orlando

News Dates Europe:

May 29th, 2012 at the Manchester Arena (Previously known as MEN Arena).
July 13th, 2012 at the Slovakia In Topfest Plus festival (Venue for the festival is yet to be announced)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:34:14 PM by HBK » Logged

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »

an interesting article. another positive read. Looks like promoters are gaining confidence and trust in booking GNR

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2011/nov/22/guns-n-roses-joint-lesson-risk-managment-tantalizi/?ae
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »

The comments to that article are infuriating. Obviously these people don't know how to have a good time.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
FabioFrehley
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »

the European leg will be named "Up Close and Personal Tour" also ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »

Don't think so.

I assume that name refers to the more intimate venues the band is playing in the US at the moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FabioFrehley
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »

Don't think so.

I assume that name refers to the more intimate venues the band is playing in the US at the moment.

/jarmo

i thought about that possibility, but that Wikipedia fuckers named the European leg as "Up Close and Personal". I ever know i can't trust in wikipedia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: