Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European Tour 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Tour 2017  (Read 144844 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2016, 11:56:51 AM »

Beta said (in Portuguese) that the European tour is gonna happen. Actually, she talked about it when someone asked if they would keep touring, and she said "didn't we anounce it already? Europe and stuff?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKg1hlhb6f0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:10:18 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »

Amazing news. A bit off topic and a question to the Dutch fans around. Is marijuana legal during concerts? I mean during the concert itself, not before or after.  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2016, 02:54:00 AM »

Amazing news. A bit off topic and a question to the Dutch fans around. Is marijuana legal during concerts? I mean during the concert itself, not before or after.  Grin
You can smoke in a coffee shop or at home but not out in the street or in a public place. You'd probably get away with it anyway though.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2016, 04:54:28 AM »

Nope....but you're not allowed to smoke anything inside any venue at all. Unless you go to one of those designated smoking booths   Lips Sealed

Word on the street is they're coming to Europe in July. My friend works at a big promoter and it's going to be BIG venues....

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Delbertz
Opening Act

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2016, 08:50:25 AM »

Hi Guys,
Long term lurker. Thought you might want to see this.  I have no idea if it is accurate or not.
Cheers

http://www.therockblog.net/concerti-tour/guns-n-roses-concerti-tour-italia-date-biglietti-scaletta/
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2016, 11:31:10 AM »

Hi Guys,
Long term lurker. Thought you might want to see this.  I have no idea if it is accurate or not.
Cheers

http://www.therockblog.net/concerti-tour/guns-n-roses-concerti-tour-italia-date-biglietti-scaletta/

I'd say that's just rumors at this point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 07:31:36 AM »

Beta said (in Portuguese) that the European tour is gonna happen. Actually, she talked about it when someone asked if they would keep touring, and she said "didn't we anounce it already? Europe and stuff?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKg1hlhb6f0

Beta is such a good person!  love
If I was her, I'd be trolling the fan like a motherfucker  hihi
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »

Longer we wait the less sure I am this is happening in 2017. Their schedule is starting to look pretty busy next year,with Canada and USA looking like they're definitely happening. The cynic in me is suggesting that plans for next year have changed in recent weeks.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2016, 04:13:37 PM »

Longer we wait the less sure I am this is happening in 2017. Their schedule is starting to look pretty busy next year,with Canada and USA looking like they're definitely happening. The cynic in me is suggesting that plans for next year have changed in recent weeks.

the south american tour ended last night right?

if nothing happens in the next 2 weeks i would be worried...

lets wait and see... something tells me that it will be announce this week and hopefully they will come to Portugal ok
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2016, 04:31:12 PM »

lets wait and see... something tells me that it will be announce this week and hopefully they will come to Portugal ok

It's still November guys ... last summer's US tour was announced in April I think... so don't worry Wink

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »

It's still November guys ... last summer's US tour was announced in April I think... so don't worry Wink

Agree, no need to worry.

GN'R will definitely play Europe. There is no way they're skipping arguably their biggest market.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2016, 06:39:28 PM »

Agree, no need to worry.

GN'R will definitely play Europe. There is no way they're skipping arguably their biggest market.

There biggest market??  Ha! 

When was the last European resedence Huh   

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2016, 07:01:27 PM »

Agree, no need to worry.

You don't think that's convenience, the residency? Anyways, we're talking about roughly 25,000 tickets over a three-week run...

As far as I know, their numbers were consistently better in Europe than in the US in the 2006-2014 run. Not magnificently better, but the arena dates in the US didn't do quite as well as the ones in Europe.

EDIT TO ADD: For the last decade or so, this is not something exclusive to GN'R, I have the feeling that rock acts in general have done more business in Europe than in the US. Hopefully, with GN'R this year, the times are changing. Eddie Trunk made a good point that no matter if you are a fan of GN'R or not, them filling stadiums all over the United States is a good thing for rock music.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:06:29 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2016, 07:09:33 PM »

Agree, no need to worry.

You don't think that's convenience, the residency? Anyways, we're talking about roughly 25,000 tickets over a three-week run...

As far as I know, their numbers were consistently better in Europe than in the US in the 2006-2014 run. Not magnificently better, but the arena dates in the US didn't do quite as well as the ones in Europe.

So are you talking past matter or current market?

Current market says the demand in the horrible USA is very high. It wasn't past

The market in Canada in the past tours you mentioned was way better than anything in Europe

Then you have South America.   That has been a faithful supporter of this band forever

Don't forget Asia.   For any concerts they get are always  huge

Now we have the Middle East.   

Huge pre bought concerts that they have been doing for a bit.  Huge profit.

Eroupe isn't even close to the top of the list

I would put Canada a past second.  Next to southern America

I would put the USA first right now.   There past was like 6th.  They were horrible fans
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »

The market in Canada in the past tours you mentioned was way better than anything in Europe

Then you have South America.   That has been a faithful supporter of this band forever

I would put the USA first right now.   There past was like 6th.  They were horrible fans

For Europe I can only rely on past numbers as they haven't played or even announced shows here yet.

But, the increase of demand has been enormous in both the US and the whole of South America. Nothing indicates it won't be the same case for Europe. If it is the same case, I would argue Europe as a whole is their biggest market. If the increase isn't the same, then no it isn't their current biggest market.

Let's wait and see what happens when they announce European dates. I predict an amount of shows in the vicinity of the summer US tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2016, 10:52:23 PM »

Relax. Nothing has been announced past March 3rd.

That leaves almost ten months of 2017 for shows in places that aren't Asia, the Middle East or Oceania..... That's a lot of room for shows!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2016, 10:59:32 PM »

For Europe I can only rely on past numbers as they haven't played or even announced shows here yet.

But, the increase of demand has been enormous in both the US and the whole of South America. Nothing indicates it won't be the same case for Europe. If it is the same case, I would argue Europe as a whole is their biggest market. If the increase isn't the same, then no it isn't their current biggest market.

Let's wait and see what happens when they announce European dates. I predict an amount of shows in the vicinity of the summer US tour.

So you went around the block to not say anything
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2016, 06:23:51 AM »

So you went around the block to not say anything

Yeah, exactly!  Roll Eyes

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2016, 09:26:40 AM »

GNR has been packed Stadiums in South America in 2010/2011/2014 and now 2016...SA fans were ALWAYS loyal to all incarnations of Guns n Roses.
Unfortunately they did not come to South America during 2002/2006/2007 tours but they would pack stadiums back them as well.
In my opinion their biggest market is by far south america (in terms of ticket sales).

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »

GNR has been packed Stadiums in South America in 2010/2011/2014 and now 2016...SA fans were ALWAYS loyal to all incarnations of Guns n Roses.
Unfortunately they did not come to South America during 2002/2006/2007 tours but they would pack stadiums back them as well.
In my opinion their biggest market is by far south america (in terms of ticket sales).

Yep, history has shown that.

However they made mega money in the states this year, probably more than all those SA shows combined.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: