Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:40:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227846 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European Tour 2017
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Tour 2017  (Read 144852 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2016, 10:43:19 AM »

GNR has been packed Stadiums in South America in 2010/2011/2014 and now 2016...SA fans were ALWAYS loyal to all incarnations of Guns n Roses.
Unfortunately they did not come to South America during 2002/2006/2007 tours but they would pack stadiums back them as well.
In my opinion their biggest market is by far south america (in terms of ticket sales).

That is true, they've played stadiums there when the rest of the world had booked arenas. If you look at individual shows, then yes, South American shows have higher ticket sales. If you combine ticket sales from all shows within a region, then I'm not sure, because there haven't been as many shows in SA in one leg of a tour as there have been for the US and Europe.

Now that they seem to be playing stadiums everywhere, the playing field has sorta leveled. It then it comes to the amount of shows booked for a leg. I just believe the US and Europe will be the top 2 markets based on that. There are more cities to choose from, really.

For South America we've had Santiago, Buenos Aires, Rosario, Brasilia, Rio, Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Lima and Medellin. That's 10 cities with maybe 3-5 potential ones left out.

For NA, there have been 22-23 cities, with maybe 5-10 left out during the last run. We're looking at around 30 cities who can probably hold up a stadium show.

For Europe there are London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, Dublin, Glasgow, Lisbon, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Lyon, Nice, Amsterdam, Brussels, Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Berlin, Frankfurt, D?sseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Z?rich, Wien, Milan, Rome... That's 28 potential places for Western Europe only.

The only reason I said Europe is arguably their biggest market has nothing to do with fan rabidness for GN'R being much bigger there than anywhere else, just that the quantity of cities they could play is larger than many other places in the world. And the reason I mentioned it in the first place had nothing to do with making a statement about Europe, just that I gave a reason there's no way Europe will be left out of the tour or anything.

Anyways... it's not a competition. As GN'R fans, we're all winners in this. I have enjoyed the hell out of the success they've been having in both North and South America so far, it's kinda surreal to me still.  peace

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2016, 11:45:24 AM »

GNR has been packed Stadiums in South America in 2010/2011/2014 and now 2016...SA fans were ALWAYS loyal to all incarnations of Guns n Roses.
Unfortunately they did not come to South America during 2002/2006/2007 tours but they would pack stadiums back them as well.
In my opinion their biggest market is by far south america (in terms of ticket sales).

That is true, they've played stadiums there when the rest of the world had booked arenas. If you look at individual shows, then yes, South American shows have higher ticket sales. If you combine ticket sales from all shows within a region, then I'm not sure, because there haven't been as many shows in SA in one leg of a tour as there have been for the US and Europe.

Now that they seem to be playing stadiums everywhere, the playing field has sorta leveled. It then it comes to the amount of shows booked for a leg. I just believe the US and Europe will be the top 2 markets based on that. There are more cities to choose from, really.

For South America we've had Santiago, Buenos Aires, Rosario, Brasilia, Rio, Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Lima and Medellin. That's 10 cities with maybe 3-5 potential ones left out.

For NA, there have been 22-23 cities, with maybe 5-10 left out during the last run. We're looking at around 30 cities who can probably hold up a stadium show.

For Europe there are London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, Dublin, Glasgow, Lisbon, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Lyon, Nice, Amsterdam, Brussels, Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Berlin, Frankfurt, D?sseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Z?rich, Wien, Milan, Rome... That's 28 potential places for Western Europe only.

The only reason I said Europe is arguably their biggest market has nothing to do with fan rabidness for GN'R being much bigger there than anywhere else, just that the quantity of cities they could play is larger than many other places in the world. And the reason I mentioned it in the first place had nothing to do with making a statement about Europe, just that I gave a reason there's no way Europe will be left out of the tour or anything.

Anyways... it's not a competition. As GN'R fans, we're all winners in this. I have enjoyed the hell out of the success they've been having in both North and South America so far, it's kinda surreal to me still.  peace
Good post but you forgot that a good few of those cities could and probably would be multi show packages London is a deffo, along with Paris, Munich, Madrid,  Milan or Rome
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »

BTW the only way GnR are playing the Isle of Wight is on Friday 9th June, the 10th has Arcade Fire and even worse on the 11th we have Rod Stewart  crying WTF have they done.... The rumour is the GnR won't be doing any festivals in the UK this year aparently said by John Giddens (the IoW promoter, but haven't seen anything that I can put up as a link.)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2016, 11:55:02 AM »

BTW the only way GnR are playing the Isle of Wight is on Friday 9th June, the 10th has Arcade Fire and even worse on the 11th we have Rod Stewart  crying WTF have they done.... The rumour is the GnR won't be doing any festivals in the UK this year aparently said by John Giddens (the IoW promoter, but haven't seen anything that I can put up as a link.)

Personally, since I'm not a "festival guy", I'm hoping they won't do too many festivals.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »

Europe supported the album CD, actually way more than the Americans

So did Canada

I really wouldn't of included the United States on any fan list, until this past tour there....   
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2016, 12:39:09 PM »

Today the portuguese tabloide Correio da Manha had this cover.

Check the botom left.

Although it's a shity paper, it's also the largest selling newspaper in Portugal
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2016, 12:58:13 PM »

Check the botom left.

Although it's a shity paper, it's also the largest selling newspaper in Portugal

Cool, maybe one big announcement coming up? Both NA and Europe..

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2016, 01:24:32 PM »

Ok- that's good news!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »

Check the botom left.

Great news. But the best part is "Figo presents his daughter to the society" :hih:

dash
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »

Check the botom left.

Great news. But the best part is "Figo presents his daughter to the society" :hih:

Or Benfica is seven points ahead of Porto Smiley
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »

Is this a national newspaper or a local one?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
dash
Headliner

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2016, 04:06:06 PM »

National: Bigest selling newspaper in Portugal
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »

Thanks. Was just wondering if we could narrow it down on what city it might be in.

dash
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2016, 04:11:34 PM »

Thanks. Was just wondering if we could narrow it down on what city it might be in.

Almost 100% sure it is Lisbon.

And i bet the  concert will take place in Passeio Mar?timo de Alg?s - the same place where Axl did his first show with AC/DC  -  just 3km away from my house. I will walk there  peace

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2016, 06:36:49 PM »

Is Rock In Rio Lisboa runn by the same people as the Brazil one? If not, this could be a buildup to them playing there?

just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2016, 06:40:49 PM »

Is Rock In Rio Lisboa runn by the same people as the Brazil one? If not, this could be a buildup to them playing there?

no , Rock In Rio in Portugal is made with a 2 years gap. Last one was this year so there is no Rock In Rio here in 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »

no , Rock In Rio in Portugal is made with a 2 years gap. Last one was this year so there is no Rock In Rio here in 2017

Ha! Well we can definitely rule that one out then!

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »

We have a new city!

https://www.facebook.com/events/566483033541455

For those who don't use Facebook:

Warsaw, Poland - PGE Narodowy - 1 July 2017

That's the national stadium and it was always going to get a gig.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2016, 10:09:43 AM »

We have a new city!

https://www.facebook.com/events/566483033541455

For those who don't use Facebook:

Warsaw, Poland - PGE Narodowy - 1 July 2017

That's the national stadium and it was always going to get a gig.

Is that legit? Seems weird that a travel agent would jump the gun on any official announcement....

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »

Patience poster up in Dublin, Ireland. Lets hope they announce a gig soon ok peace,I've no patience hihi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057656959&page=20

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: