Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European Tour 2017
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Tour 2017  (Read 144843 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »

Is that legit? Seems weird that a travel agent would jump the gun on any official announcement....

It is only a rumour like all the others we have. It reads that this is an unofficial page for the event that has now been strongly rumoured and we have to wait for the official announcement.
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »

Show rumoured for Parken in Copenhagen, Denmark on June 6 according to Danish music magazine Gaffa.dk - an add has been printed in a newspaper saying "Patience".
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2016, 11:00:03 AM »

And an Israeli news site claims it's "official" that the band would play at Tel Aviv @ July 15
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2016, 11:02:00 AM »

Announcement has GOT to be coming any day now surely?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »

Announcement has GOT to be coming any day now surely?!

I would say next week for sure...finish south american tour and then announce europe.

Makes sense i think.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 07:40:47 PM »

Talk on another forum that that there is an announcement on a Canadian tour on Monday, with dates running through July/August. IF that's correct, where does that leave Europe? September is too late to be doing outdoor stadiums in most places there.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2016, 07:59:57 PM »

Talk on another forum that that there is an announcement on a Canadian tour on Monday, with dates running through July/August. IF that's correct, where does that leave Europe? September is too late to be doing outdoor stadiums in most places there.

Sometime before July I guess.

Could be May/June

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »

Could be May/June

Do you buy this rumour? May/June is pretty early fr outdoor gigs in a lot of places, and it flies in the face of many other European rumours about July dates.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2016, 08:08:47 PM »

Could be May/June

Do you buy this rumour? May/June is pretty early fr outdoor gigs in a lot of places, and it flies in the face of many other European rumours about July dates.

Not sure...

But it could be done with a smart routing of the tour.

Southern part of Europe in May, then northern in June.

July/Aug for NA could also mean they start late in July. The EU tour could then very well be mid-May ? mid-July.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:10:34 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »

Could be May/June

Not sure...

Yeah that's a possibility. It does seem like Canada/US is coming first- just based on the sheer amount of billboard and poster sightings (which are still very very minimal anywhere in Europe really).

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »

Could be May/June

Not sure...

Yeah that's a possibility. It does seem like Canada/US is coming first- just based on the sheer amount of billboard and poster sightings (which are still very very minimal anywhere in Europe really).

But the advertising is happening in Europe, even with less reports of sightings.

To me, as long as there is evidence advertisement is going on, it shouldn't matter how many places have reported it. Why start advertising in Ireland, Portugal and Denmark if they don't plan on announcing anything for a long time...

The advertisement campaigns have previously only lasted for a few days, so I don't think this case is any different.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »

True. I do find it weird that nothing is showing up elsewhere though. Could we be looking at a very few select stadium shows across Europe? Ah I dunno!

I'm half really enjoying all this speculation, half just desperate for it to come to an end, one way or the other! Good fun though!

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2016, 08:27:37 PM »

True. I do find it weird that nothing is showing up elsewhere though. Could we be looking at a very few select stadium shows across Europe? Ah I dunno!

I'm half really enjoying all this speculation, half just desperate for it to come to an end, one way or the other! Good fun though!

Portugal was first reported yesterday I think.

I think we might see more countries joining in soon.

I'm not 100% sure, but I guess the national promoters are handling their own country's promotion. That could be why they didn't start promoting on the exact same day.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2016, 03:41:28 AM »

Haha, yeah, this speculating is good fun as it reminds of waiting for this one album back in the day. What was it, like Democracy to Asia or something.

I am also a bit worried about that advertising in NA but let's think about this. As mentioned, the advertising has started in Europe, therefore, something is definitely coming soon.

Then, why haven't we seen many billboards? I live in a biggish city and with a new stadium there's an outside chance they could even come here. Unlikely though because there are three capital cities within few hours from here. I suppose they will all get a gig with two of them already being rumoured. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some billboards there but we don't have an agent to verify it.

It doesn't mean they are not there for everyone to see.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2016, 04:34:59 AM »

For this tour announcments were made 5 to 6 months prior the shows. So im guessing there will be announcements just before or first thing next year.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2016, 04:47:30 AM »

New rumour : 24 years after their last visit, GNR will return to the Festival Park in Werchter, Belgium (site of the Axl/DC show in May) on Friday June 9th 2017.

This is not part of the Werchter Festival, but a standalone show at the same site, kinda like the recent Springsteen and Axl/DC shows there.

Source : Gazet Van Antwerpen (big national newspaper).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:03:05 AM by Nikki_Sixx » Logged

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2016, 05:01:36 AM »

Can we speculate more Cool

I just heard that there's a NEW festival in the Greater Helsinki area, Finland called Rockfest on 9th of June. They will announce their headliner on Friday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:03:38 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
Oztiger
Opening Act

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2016, 05:25:40 AM »

Yes this correct. 9 June belg at stadium
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2016, 07:04:06 AM »

I just heard that there's a NEW festival in the Greater Helsinki area, Finland called Rockfest on 9th of June. They will announce their headliner on Friday.

Almost 100% sure that the headliner for that will be Rammstein. And when the festivals capacity is only for 25000 people, don't think that they'll gonna even try get GN'R too.

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2016, 07:10:52 AM »

Almost 100% sure that the headliner for that will be Rammstein. And when the festivals capacity is only for 25000 people, don't think that they'll gonna even try get GN'R too.

I think festivals are out for Europe- GNR want more money than they can afford to pay. I presume Download would have tried their best to get them, and if they haven't, I seriously doubt anyone has.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: