Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone Rips GNR For Boring & Never-Ending Tour  (Read 42643 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2020, 07:55:06 PM »

For what it is worth, there was a commercial during the Colbert Late Show yesterday (Wednesday night) for the GNR show in Arlington TX in August that stated "with a whole new show." Not sure what that means and it is clearly advertising hyperbole but thought I would share anyway which may fit the narrative of something stirring.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2020, 07:56:46 PM »

For what it is worth, there was a commercial during the Colbert Late Show yesterday (Wednesday night) for the GNR show in Arlington TX in August that stated "with a whole new show." Not sure what that means and it is clearly advertising hyperbole but thought I would share anyway which may fit the narrative of something stirring.

Sounds promising
Thx for sharing -
Anything that suggests something different could be great news
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:29 PM »

My prediction is that this South American run is more of the same (NITL), while the European and NA tour in the summer will be something different.

Why?
- The advertisement for the Euro and NA tour is different than the SA one. "Whole new show" and "Next chapter" hasn't been mentioned for the SA tour, while the Euro/NA dates have identical advertisement.
- They scheduled dates at the SA tour in places where they haven't visited before, I think it's fair that they get to see the "Greatest Hits" show as well.

So... maybe a single during, or shortly after the SA tour, with an album before/during the summer tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2020, 08:45:27 PM »

My prediction is that this South American run is more of the same (NITL), while the European and NA tour in the summer will be something different.

Why?
- The advertisement for the Euro and NA tour is different than the SA one. "Whole new show" and "Next chapter" hasn't been mentioned for the SA tour, while the Euro/NA dates have identical advertisement.
- They scheduled dates at the SA tour in places where they haven't visited before, I think it's fair that they get to see the "Greatest Hits" show as well.

So... maybe a single during, or shortly after the SA tour, with an album before/during the summer tour.

Watch out there, Spirit...
You’re treading close to logic...
Talking facts and such... hihi

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2020, 02:15:12 AM »

AFD music in the add? Waiting for the goosebumps...

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2020, 08:44:10 AM »

Yeah, can confirm.  I heard the audio version on Sirius on Wednesday.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2020, 02:40:35 AM »

Rolling Stone has no credibility anyone.  Re: The University of Virginia story.
Fuck Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/rolling-stone-and-uva-the-columbia-university-graduate-school-of-journalism-report-44930/

Grow up.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2020, 09:53:10 AM »

Twist and spin and you come out looking like the good guy.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2020, 10:10:51 AM »

Why?

Even an EP of 4-5 strong songs would be sufficient to satisfy most fans if they aren't willing to do a full album, Axl must have hundreds of songs stashed away that they could choose from and work on in a few weeks and release but who knows what's going on behind the scenes maybe the record companies aren't willing to promote new music as so many bands that reform usually don't release new music and live off their past glories playing the old classics.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »

IDK about any of this "record company holding things up" business

Friggin U2 dropped a new album on people in itunes for free - a lot of people weren't happy about that but they had something ready and got it out there and they are about as large a group as you're gonna find these days.

Radiohead put something out there and invited people to pay what they wanted to for it

If he wants to share new songs with the world he can

If he doesn't, fine.

But scapegoating a record company or promoter at this point is counterproductive
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2020, 12:35:38 PM »

Let's assume this is true. GN'R wants to release new music tomorrow. Record company says "no, you'll have to wait". Then what?

In reality, both parts need to agree on when/how to release it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »

Ok boomer. I have grown up.  I'm grown up enough to know that any jagoff can have an opinion or write.  Doesn't make it right or the story correct. It was poor investigative journalism, etc.  There is alot of that these days.  Journalism used to mean something.  In the end Rolling Stone fucked up.  Apologizing doesn't make it all better.  

PS Nobody remembers Dan Rather  for being a responsible or good journalist.  They remember the one lie filled story without fact checking.  

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »

Let's assume this is true. GN'R wants to release new music tomorrow. Record company says "no, you'll have to wait". Then what?

/jarmo

Totally hear what your saying, but surely the record company knows that a new guns album
will sell well. What could they possibly be waiting for?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »

/jarmo

Totally hear what your saying, but surely the record company knows that a new guns album
will sell well. What could they possibly be waiting for?

You sure about that?  I'm not, no matter how good it is.  Why would a new GNR record sell well? 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

Jarmo

You are on one hand saying it is the record company who drives the decision and then suggesting that they would not want to strike while the iron is hot - which is bonafide ludicrous - unless they have switched their business model to a non-profit company.

One of the highest grossing tours ever - if what you are suggesting is true, they would have pushed on getting the album out during NITL tour or right after.
Now they have decided to go back on the road again...and you say if there is music to be released it's being held up by the company who would want to wait until the tits on this cash cow of a tour have been milked completely?

Guess we live in two different business worlds

guitarphix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2020, 03:34:05 PM »

In this day and age, there is no more record company control.  If an entity wants to put something out they do.  No one on the GNR level has to go through marketing red tape anymore like they used to.  I've been in the music business over for over half my life and those are the facts.  In actuality record deals are more along the lines of distribution deals in getting the music out to itunes, spotify etc..  Sure there's artwork and a and a few things for a hard copy, but printing and packaging can be done in less than a week.  Even if the tracks for an album haven't been to mastering, that is a quick process as well and can be completed in a matter of days. There is no reason to make excuses for them.  Guns N' Roses "the entity"  just don't like to talk to the press.  Just like Van Halen doesn't like to talk.  It can be frustrating for the fans of those bands but in actuality they just don't care what anyone thinks so fans bitching and complaining doesn't actually do any good.  The one thing it might do is  make one feel better to  publicly voice your displeassure with everyone, and I mean everyone has the right to do that, and there is nothing wrong with that. The only way to get the public voice across, is with your pocket book. From the looks of things you(the people) are, as the US dates of the tour are selling horribly.  The important thing to remember is to just live life to the fullest cause life is too short!  
_all's fair in Rock N" Roll!!
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2020, 03:41:48 PM »

"Geffen planned to release Chinese Democracy in 1999, it was delayed and completely re-recorded in 2000. With costs reportedly exceeding $13 million, it became the most expensive rock album ever produced, and Geffen pulled their funding in 2005. After missing a release date for March 2007, it was finally released in November 2008, dogged by leaks and legal disputes"Could you blame the record company for not wanting another album after the fiasco with Chinese Democracy.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »

"Geffen planned to release Chinese Democracy in 1999, it was delayed and completely re-recorded in 2000. With costs reportedly exceeding $13 million, it became the most expensive rock album ever produced, and Geffen pulled their funding in 2005. After missing a release date for March 2007, it was finally released in November 2008, dogged by leaks and legal disputes"Could you blame the record company for not wanting another album after the fiasco with Chinese Democracy.

All irrelevant now
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »

Jarmo

You are on one hand saying it is the record company who drives the decision and then suggesting that they would not want to strike while the iron is hot - which is bonafide ludicrous - unless they have switched their business model to a non-profit company.

One of the highest grossing tours ever - if what you are suggesting is true, they would have pushed on getting the album out during NITL tour or right after.
Now they have decided to go back on the road again...and you say if there is music to be released it's being held up by the company who would want to wait until the tits on this cash cow of a tour have been milked completely?

Guess we live in two different business worlds

Universal Music put out the AFD box set during the tour. So they did benefit from the exposure of NITL already.

No, I didn't say the record company is holding up anything. I just said both parties need to agree on when to release music. That's all. You can't have only one part wanting to do it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2020, 05:29:05 PM »

In this day and age, there is no more record company control.  If an entity wants to put something out they do.  No one on the GNR level has to go through marketing red tape anymore like they used to.  I've been in the music business over for over half my life and those are the facts.

I slightly disagree, and I have worked with, been with, or, talked to, this band, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, most 80s band, The Strokes, Slipknot, Weezer, NIN etc.. film directors, all the main festivals, and Livenation, AEG and Metropolis, and Universal Music themselves for a couple of years and I am still part of their internal database.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: