Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:35:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 733931 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1060 on: April 10, 2008, 10:28:59 AM »

i don't call his affirmations "opinions".

That's your opinion (or affirmation) Smiley

I think his posts are well written and informed.   Makes a change from some of the actual trolling that we get here.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »

All I know is that Jarmo said Trentreznor wouldn't be posting for atleast a couple days and he is.  So maybe he is more than just a troll......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1062 on: April 10, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »

All I know is that Jarmo said Trentreznor wouldn't be posting for atleast a couple days and he is.  So maybe he is more than just a troll......

I banned him for two days for posting those "riddles".

I can tell that people here aren't in the mood for riddles like "something will be said on (date)" or a list of dates with no information attached.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1063 on: April 10, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »

Maybe him and Jarmo are the same person.

What leaks??
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1064 on: April 10, 2008, 10:38:46 AM »

IMO, it's not a big deal if Robin did NOT come back.  Even though it's great that he was (is?) a part of GNR, he's proof himself that a great guitarist can duplicate and/or enhance another great guitarist material.  And the fact of the matter is that we've only actually heard a limited number of HIS contribution to CD and we all know that how something sounds on tour can/will/should sound far different on the studio recorded album version.  Plus, with all the other "guest" artists who supposedly contributed to CD, it is possible that a portion of the lead guitar playing on CD isn't even Robin playing.

Would his stage presence be missed?  Yes.
Would we get over it if say another great guitarist like Derek Trucks* took his place?  YES!!!

*Derek Trucks = hint to Axl  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1065 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:58 AM »

Maybe you and horsey are the same person....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
greendog
« Reply #1066 on: April 10, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »

Really though.

If we could just get a definite answer from any number of sources this wouldn't be an issue.

True, but to be honest I doubt he's 'left' Guns.

Rons working on his album, no worries there.
Richard did some touring with X Japan, no worries there.
Frank did some touring, no worries there.
Tommy did his album and toured, no worries there.
Dizzy toured, no worries there.

All of the above include other bands. Granted, non are as big as NIN, but that shouldn't matter. Especially since Trent doesn't have a band for the studio, only for touring.

Maybe nothings been said because theres nothing to be said. People are just getting overly paranoid. In my opinion.

Not really, because if it is just him simply touring as a side project, it still means there will be no movement by GNR for another 6 months or so. That is what is really disappointing.

Whether he has left or not, this news is awful because it means we get no album and no tour. Still think it's nothing to worry about?

I'm not worried.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1067 on: April 10, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »

Really though.

If we could just get a definite answer from any number of sources this wouldn't be an issue.

B-ingo. If the situation isn't clear, it doesn't matter either. Just say "As far as we know Robin is still in GNR but we've not heard from him" or "Robin has notified us he's quit and we are trying to get him back" or "Robin is just touring and will be back in 2015 when we tour again". Whichever one is the truth, just use it.

But if you think about it, the silence is telling us that the issue hasn't been resolved, so why do we need a statement to say this.  When a decision has been reached, I'm sure that we'll be told.

But as ever all we get is an inflated sense of importance and a shroud of silence and secrecy.

Like I said before, not everyone wants things played out in the public arena, and perhaps this is one of those situations that are best dealt with on a personal level.

The No News is Good News doesnt apply in this situation,

Exactly.

Anyone remember the last time a guitarist left this band?

Yeah, and there were comments on the rumors from management that then were turned into "they lied".

/jarmo

I wasn't referring to what the fans thought about it, I just meant that the rumors came long before the news that he'd left.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1068 on: April 10, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »

/jarmo
Hahaha, okay, i didn't know it was a 2 day ban..  I gotcha.  He doesn't bother me. 
Death Cube K
« Reply #1069 on: April 10, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »

Maybe there's no announcement because none is really needed right now?

If you think about it, it makes sense.

Needed? You have a potential situation here that will probably be the "tip of the iceberg" for a lot of people. Not being informed about the main guitarist and song writer (except Axl) status in the band is a disaster. To have his picture on the NIN page is a disaster. No one telling us something is a disaster. People have given up by numbers the last 5 years. Those who are still hanging on will take notice of this cluster fuck and decide their support for the band thereafter. Whatever the reasons are for not telling us anything (my bet is they have no clue themselves) don't do one bit of good. No matter how hard you want to turn it to a good thing. There's absolutely not ONE single positive thing about this disaster.

Yeah yeah, they will all see the shows and buy Chinese Democracy...it's not the point.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1070 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »

he's proof himself that a great guitarist can duplicate and/or enhance another great guitarist material

He's proof that someone can bring in new things to new material ... but he's hardly proof that he can duplicate or enhance ... he fucked up so many things about the Slash guitar parts in the past (even if he'd improvised, he still fucked it all up) ...

whereas ... his work on songs such as There Was a Time ... it's beautifully done and I love it Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1071 on: April 10, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »

Needed? You have a potential situation here that will probably be the "tip of the iceberg" for a lot of people. Not being informed about the main guitarist and song writer (except Axl) status in the band is a disaster. To have his picture on the NIN page is a disaster. No one telling us something is a disaster. People have given up by numbers the last 5 years. Those who are still hanging on will take notice of this cluster fuck and decide their support for the band thereafter. Whatever the reasons are for not telling us anything (my bet is they have no clue themselves) don't do one bit of good. No matter how hard you want to turn it to a good thing. There's absolutely not ONE single positive thing about this disaster.

Yeah yeah, they will all see the shows and buy Chinese Democracy...it's not the point.

I agree to a certain extent.

People who "need" the update are the fans who are reading these boards.

I think my original post explains what I meant.

What will these people who need the update do if it comes?

Either they'll think "oh, ok" or "that sucks". But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that GN'R is focusing on getting the album out right now.

If Robin wants to update his fans on what he's doing, he can probably do so.

It's not necessarily a GN'R thing until they need the band together in one place at the same time so to speak.

Maybe that time isn't right now.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1072 on: April 10, 2008, 11:26:43 AM »

/jarmo

I'm not sure whether that was a personal attack on me or Horsey but please go and deduct the appropriate amount of Karma from yourself. 

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1073 on: April 10, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

I agree to a certain extent.

People who "need" the update are the fans who are reading these boards.

I think my original post explains what I meant.

What will these people who need the update do if it comes?

Either they'll think "oh, ok" or "that sucks". But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that GN'R is focusing on getting the album out right now.

If Robin wants to update his fans on what he's doing, he can probably do so.

It's not necessarily a GN'R thing until they need the band together in one place at the same time so to speak.

Maybe that time isn't right now.

/jarmo

It's actually kinda strange that they haven't asked you to suppress this either.   If Axl is still shopping Chi Dem around you'd think that some stability would be good for the band.   

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1074 on: April 10, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

/jarmo

I'm not sure whether that was a personal attack on me or Horsey but please go and deduct the appropriate amount of Karma from yourself. 

Why? It was just a guess just like you were guessing whether or not I'm that other guy.

Surely you must see that!

Kiss

It's actually kinda strange that they haven't asked you to suppress this either.   If Axl is still shopping Chi Dem around you'd think that some stability would be good for the band.   

If.......

That one word pretty much accounts to 99% of the pages that makes up this thread.  hihi

/jarmo

Death Cube K
« Reply #1075 on: April 10, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »

But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that GN'R is focusing on getting the album out right now.

I can picture the music exec's:

"So, this guitar solo here, it's great, which one in your band did that?"

"Buckethead sir, he quit 4 years ago".

"Oh..eh..ok..well this part is good too, who did this?"

"Robin Finck sir, but he quit too".

"But the drums...the drums are great..let's focus on that"

"Brian Mantia did the drums sir, but he quit to be with his baby".

hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1076 on: April 10, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that GN'R is focusing on getting the album out right now.

hihi

You can?

So you think this happens for all records or just GN'R?

Because as far as I know, it's not that uncommon in today's world that the guys playing on a record aren't the ones playing the songs on tour.....

Or even singing, I mean pretending to sing.....  hihi

I think that is of very little importance to the record company who are interested in a product they can sell to make money.

/jarmo

Death Cube K
« Reply #1077 on: April 10, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »

Because as far as I know, it's not that uncommon in today's world that the guy's playing on a record aren't the ones playing the songs on tour.....

I have to admit you're having a point here.  hihi

I think that is of very little importance to the record company who are interested in a product they can sell to make money.

I suspect that the line up who did the album might make more money than a line up who had little to do with the album. Good for PR to actually have the right guitarist in place and stuff.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1078 on: April 10, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »

hihi

I agree with Jarmo about the session players and stuff.  I agree with DCK about the other stuff.  Its not a propper band, but its still a band.  We all know what the record company really wants.  Will they get it? 
MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1079 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

its become a brand name...... a name worth holding onto....
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: