Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 734167 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #980 on: April 09, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »

...And please stop trying to make it sound like Guns n' Roses had always  been "Axl's project&vision"
It hasn't.

What do you know about that?

Axl was talking about putting out a double album in 1987.

That's a vision.

/jarmo

Axl has always had a vision, but  certainly GNR hasn't always been his vision exclusively.

And there goes the challenger...
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #981 on: April 09, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »

out of all the stuff i've heard over the years since GNR started their hiatus... from key former members and other bands... the stuff that sounds the most like GNR has come from Axl.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #982 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »

Wonder why? Could it be that he has been the only true constant in all the years?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #983 on: April 09, 2008, 09:28:20 PM »

Stop discrediting the Original GNR.

I wasn't.

If you don't see the difference of having a vision and discrediting the band, that's your problem.

For example, my guess is that somebody in that band, up to you to figure out who, wanted to make videos that would be considered something else. You might think they're crap, but they're still talked about 15 years later.

"Oh boy oh boy, I am witnessing Axl's project&vision!"..Is that honestly one of the first things that comes to mind when listening through AFD, UYIs ot when watching some bootleg circa 87-92?

No, I think "what a great album".

The question wasn't about what the first thought that pops into your head is, now was it?

It's not really that weird if you manage to think about it. Usually bands do have at least one person who is considered the leader. The guy often is the one with the vision of how to get the band to the next level.

I don't think Robin will have that role in NIN.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #984 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »

I don't think Robin had that role with GNR either..Just a hunch

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #985 on: April 09, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »

I don't think Robin had that role with GNR either..Just a hunch

Don't say that. It might be interpreted like you're disrespecting him!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #986 on: April 09, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »

out of all the stuff i've heard over the years since GNR started their hiatus... from key former members and other bands... the stuff that sounds the most like GNR has come from Axl.

The stuff that sounds the most "GN'R" was Izzy's solo stuff. Velvet Revolver was very modern'ish , Snakepit was bluesier , Izzy had the right idea going on it was the raw AFD type sound. Axl has made songs in NR and Estranged-esque which is no wonder consider he is the main person behind those ideas.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #987 on: April 09, 2008, 09:44:19 PM »

Ok, enough of this off topic shit....

If you wanna discuss whether or not the album will be under the GN'R name, or if Steven Adler was the one with the vision or what album sounds most like AFD, there's the lovely Dead Horse section.

Enjoy!

/jarmo

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #988 on: April 09, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »

I wasn't.

If you don't see the difference of having a vision and discrediting the band, that's your problem.

If " Guns n' Roses has always been Axl's project and vision" isn't discrediting the original GNR then I can't say what is.

Is there something more solid you can bring to table here than a decision to make a double album and decision to make big  music videos?GNR has always been more or less Axl because Axl wants to make big music videos?Shocked

It's one thing for a band to have a leader and a frontman. It's another thing to try to make it look like Axl was the single major power behind the entire band, and try to shrink Guns N Roses  to fit withing boundaries of one man's desires and vision, make it sound like one man's project. That just isn't true.Come on.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #989 on: April 09, 2008, 09:57:49 PM »

Axl Rose is a wonderful singer and I am sure the next Guns N Roses record will be great with or WITHOUT Robin

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #990 on: April 09, 2008, 10:00:57 PM »

Five days and 50 pages of pure speculation, doesn't anybody think that if this topic held any merit at all in regards to Robins possible departure somebody may have made an announcement by now.  Did they not just hire new management, don't tell me Beta's not been reading all of this daily.  They are all probably kicking back laughing at all of our assumptions. Could it be that there is not a public announcement due to the fact that there is not one to make.  Is it not possible that maybe Robin is not going anywhere except on a tour with NIN? Huh

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #991 on: April 09, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »

If " Guns n' Roses has always been Axl's project and vision" isn't discrediting the original GNR then I can't say what is.

Is there something more solid you can bring to table here than a decision to make a double album and decision to make big  music videos?GNR has always been more or less Axl because Axl wants to make big music videos?Shocked

It's one thing for a band to have a leader and a frontman. It's another thing to try to make it look like Axl was the single major power behind the entire band, and try to shrink Guns N Roses  to fit withing boundaries of one man's desires and vision, make it sound like one man's project. That just isn't true.Come on.

No, I'm not discrediting the others at all.

They all played important parts, but to me it seems like Axl saw beyond what some of the others did.

I'm not saying it was his project.

I didn't put the quotes there. So the whole "Axl's project" wouldn't be the words I'd use to describe the band.

It's kinda true in some ways since as the band's front man, he's the one who has to answer for everything the band does. All eyes on the front man...

That probably gets twisted around too. What I mean is, outsiders might see it as "Axl's band" because he's the only one they know in the band.

I would agree that in GN'R, since day one, Axl was the one with the vision.

If you want to keep going, we can do it by PMs or you can check out Dead Horse.  ok

/jarmo

user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #992 on: April 09, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »

They all played important parts, but to me it seems like Axl saw beyond what some of the others did.

I didn't put the quotes there. So the whole "Axl's project" wouldn't be the words I'd use to describe the band.

It's kinda true in some ways since as the band's front man, he's the one who has to answer for everything the band does. All eyes on the front man...

That probably gets twisted around too. What I mean is, outsiders might see it as "Axl's band" because he's the only one they know in the band.

If you want to keep going, we can do it by PMs or you can check out Dead Horse.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, I see exactly what you are saying, but the "since day one, Axl was the one with the vision" is exactly where things start to get foggy. Yes, Axl did have a vision. But so did Slash, and that is why the split, and Axl happened to be the one left with the name "Guns N' Roses". I feel that most "outsiders" actually view this as not Guns N' Roses, simply because it is only Axl (personally, I don't agree). I just feel it's a little unfair to say that since day one it was "Axl's vision", because Slash had his vision too, and that's what caused the rift. Each of their own vision's added to the sound and music of Guns N' Roses. Although I believe it wasn't just Axl's vision from day one, I do believe that his vision, which is currently the majority of the sound and songs of GN'R, is fucking kick ass.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #993 on: April 09, 2008, 10:47:35 PM »

Who's this Trent Reznor character ?? I thought he was gone ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #994 on: April 09, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »

Trent by any chance do you think you could do some interior design work for me? I need some new drapes, but nothing too faggy.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #995 on: April 09, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »

Naw its probaly one of those guys that keep whinning about the setlist, from 2 yrs ago and has too much time on his hands and is pretending to be Trent Reznor.  In his efforts to piss off everyone on this board and to find some guliable people who really think he is Trent Reznor. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #996 on: April 09, 2008, 11:07:51 PM »

Naw its probaly one of those guys that keep whinning about the setlist, from 2 yrs ago and has too much time on his hands and is pretending to be Trent Reznor.  In his efforts to piss off everyone on this board and to find some guliable people who really think he is Trent Reznor. 

It's pretty sad that people stoop that low to do stuff like that but I guess to each is their own. I really don't want to be a pessimist but my idea of this bands future is getting bleaker and bleaker by the days now. Which really sucks with the management and DP thing I had a big rush of excitement for the band. I hadn't had that in years , maybe things will follow through this year idk.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #997 on: April 10, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, I see exactly what you are saying, but the "since day one, Axl was the one with the vision" is exactly where things start to get foggy. Yes, Axl did have a vision. But so did Slash, and that is why the split, and Axl happened to be the one left with the name "Guns N' Roses". I feel that most "outsiders" actually view this as not Guns N' Roses, simply because it is only Axl (personally, I don't agree). I just feel it's a little unfair to say that since day one it was "Axl's vision", because Slash had his vision too, and that's what caused the rift. Each of their own vision's added to the sound and music of Guns N' Roses. Although I believe it wasn't just Axl's vision from day one, I do believe that his vision, which is currently the majority of the sound and songs of GN'R, is fucking kick ass.
Speaking of Axl's vision, I remember reading a quote from an news article from back in the day in "Reckless Road" that stuck with me right away.  I could clearly see that Axl was in it for the bigtime, he wasn't just out "having fun".

From LA Beat July 6th, 1986 when Axl was 24 years old

"I have something I want to do with Guns & Roses and this is part of me that I want to get out and take as far as I can." he said.  "That can be a long career or a short explosive career - as long as it gets out in a big way."

So is Guns N' Roses, just Axl?  NO!!!  But he is the leader, there's no doubt about that.  But everyone who has contributed to the band deserves our respect and thanks.  If Robin has left (which I'm starting to believe) I'm sure Axl will do his best to trek onward to take care of some unfinished business.  To refer back to his quote, I'm hoping the long career isn't close to finished yet.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #998 on: April 10, 2008, 01:10:41 AM »

Del emailed a GnR Bar community member and said:

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,
Del
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:18:02 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #999 on: April 10, 2008, 01:18:24 AM »

Del emailed a GnR Bar community member and said:

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,
Del

How Random is that.  Thanks Del!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: