Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 733932 times)
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1020 on: April 10, 2008, 05:05:32 AM »

Del's email is clearly negative.

Until we hear otherwise it is safe to assume Robin has quit the band and is now a former member. If GNR are not responding because they think he'll be back in time for CD being released then it's worse, because it means the time scale is still ridiculously long term.

But we won't hear anything, probably for 2 or 3 years given the ridiculous nature of this 'band'.

Fair play to Robin, go for it lad.

Our saving grace in all of this that it must surely leak sometime. Otherwise we won't hear it.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1021 on: April 10, 2008, 05:06:24 AM »

You can get immediate confirmation that a reality show or tour isn't in the works, but there's no one who can seem to answer if a band member is still part of the band. That strikes me as a pretty big detachment. That's not a leap, that's looking at the subject objectively. I would love to be wrong on this though, but I really thought there would be an official answer about this a couple days ago. But if its being reported in more than one media outlet that Robin has left, I think the GNR camp would want to address this. Wouldn't you?

Not necessarily, no, not if the situation hasn't been resolved.  For all we know, and as I posted a little earlier, Axl may not be in a hurry to officially end the working relationship between Robin and GNR, and maybe they both prefer to keep their discussions private and not play it out in a very public internet spat.  (Unlike another recent band...  Wink )

I really believe that Axl was sincere when he talked about the album being a collaborative process and the importance of building good relationships within GNR, and that he genuinely wants those people who put their heart and soul into the music to have their contributions acknowledged and their talents respected.  So, although this may be a difficult situation, it's possible that he doesn't yet consider it irretrievable and is doing what he can to get the best possible outcome for GNR, including Robin, and also for us, the fans.

So, although like everyone, I am anxious for information, I've reached the point where I can accept the silence and trust that things are being worked out behind the scenes in order to maintain the dignity, and dare I say integrity, of all concerned.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #1022 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:14 AM »

I'll miss Robin's onstage charisma if he did leave but I would not mind at all if the Bucketheaded one was welcomed back into the fold. All hail the mighty Bucket.

Werd  peace

This signature is very funny.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1023 on: April 10, 2008, 05:20:06 AM »

I hope he still is in Guns N' Roses but like some of you, I have the feeling he left, with Guns N' Roses hanging in the dark. Robin's timing is a bit off going to NIN? I thought, *think* Chinese Democracy was *is* really close at beeing released, and since I *think* Robin plays a big part in those songs (assuming), it would be not so cool to leave Guns like this. This little journey towards NIN may slam any tour plans in the very near future, if Guns N' Roses had any,  in all regards. I mean, if he indeed left, who is gonna play Robin Fincks parts? To me he has a very unique distinctive sound which can't really be duplicated other then by Robin himself. Imagine T.W.A.T.'s Robin solo played by somebody else? I can't really. Well, they could hire someone else ofcourse, but what would be left of the new format of Guns N' Roses? More also, Del's comment makes me lean towards the negative of this 'news' as well. In conclusion, as a big Guns N' Roses fan, I'd say this  sucks. But who am I to judge since I don't know what the fucks going on and am not a fly on the wall. Let's hope nothing is wrong and this is just a case of a little side project for Finck, but I wonder.  Undecided

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1024 on: April 10, 2008, 05:28:46 AM »

lets hope the energy and time being needed to clear up "The-Robin-Incident" does have zero effect on the release of the sooo long awaited "Chinese Democracy"-album.

Re-Union time, baby!!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1025 on: April 10, 2008, 06:05:43 AM »

you guys are dellusional and talk about things that make no sense.

First off, goin into this dillusion of yours that robin did quit, why whould they re-record anything?

He'd still get royalties if he came up with the instrumental parts, regardless of who records what. Royalties go out to composers, not recording musicians. get your facts straight.

Chinese Democracy!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1026 on: April 10, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »

you guys are dellusional and talk about things that make no sense.

First off, goin into this dillusion of yours that robin did quit, why whould they re-record anything?

He'd still get royalties if he came up with the instrumental parts, regardless of who records what. Royalties go out to composers, not recording musicians. get your facts straight.

Perfect example of this is that Buckethead is still on chinese demcoracy

so.. in that sense they wouldnt rerecord his parts , cause thats more money and time to do, so it would be cheaper for gnr just to pay robin royalties,
cause at the end of the day , the album is "finished" so why the freak would they restart everything by recording shit

but at the same time, It depends exactly how bad the situation is , and if robin left gnr on really bad circumstances , or if he is just touring with nin for a bit

once again, speculation is pointless until we have some clear insight that can only be resolved by the band and/or Fincksta

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1027 on: April 10, 2008, 06:15:28 AM »

If Robin Wrote it he still gets royalties regardless of who plays it. He'll get royalties for the record, and for every time the music shows on tv/radio or is played live in a concert, among other situations as mobile ringtones and such. I know this, because i work in an Author's Right's Firm hence this is my job.

If they chose to replace his recordings it's just because they're not to found of his playing in the first place or don't want him to be there. But Royalties are still due to composers.

Chinese Democracy!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #1028 on: April 10, 2008, 06:45:29 AM »

Del's email could be interpreted in a few ways, most fo them have been mentioned already, but:

- perhaps Del alone doesn't know what is going on with Robin.
 - perhaps Del has a life outside of GNR, and isn't always up to "speed" with the latest political happenings in the band?
 - he is a friend of the band, a staff member at times too, but it could easily be that he alone just didn't know about this.

it doesn't necessarily indicate that the whole GNR camp is unaware of this as Del clearly is.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1029 on: April 10, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »

you guys are dellusional and talk about things that make no sense....

that^^ cant be directed to my reply

"lets hope the energy and time being needed to clear up "The-Robin-Incident" does have zero effect on the release of the sooo long awaited "Chinese Democracy"-album."

just like any other issue still could coming in between before the cd release we should hope "The-Robin-Incident" wont delay it more than without this incident.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1030 on: April 10, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »

Research!
People. I really dont think Robin is gone from Guns N Roses. He is just doing som recordings.
This is important! Do you remember what Trent said in September last year??? He kicked all of his bandmembers
out of the live line-up, including Josh Freese. He wanted to do tone down the liveshows. This could mean, that
Robin is just recording material that Trent is going to use on his next tour. He may be not using Robin live "in person"

take a look at this quote from Trent, 6 months ago..

Nine Inch Nails is all about Trent Reznor. But he has always had a backing band since the beginning to tour with him. His current line up, which includes bassist Jeordie White, guitarist Aaron North, keyboardist Alessandro Cortini, and drummer Josh Freese will be disbanded on their last stop in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Reznor went on to explain his actions: "At this point, I want to switch things around a bit. Nine Inch Nails as a rock band configuration, we've done it and we've done it again. I see other ways I can present the material in concert, more challenging, something new. I don't want it to go stale."

and he went on..

"The idea of five guys playing loud music two hours, while it's the culmination of fine tuning over a lot of years, has got to change once finances come into play, especially performing in markets outside of the mainland U.S. I want to whittle things down."

Source: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/nins_lineup_breaks_up.html

If this still is Trent`s plan, witch is see now reason why i shouldent be.. i think we all can calm down!

Nytunz

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2008, 07:07:37 AM »

you guys are dellusional and talk about things that make no sense....

that^^ cant be directed to my reply

"lets hope the energy and time being needed to clear up "The-Robin-Incident" does have zero effect on the release of the sooo long awaited "Chinese Democracy"-album."

just like any other issue still could coming in between before the cd release we should hope "The-Robin-Incident" wont delay it more than without this incident.

It wasn't. it was to all of the paranoid scenarios everyone has been plotting together.

it wasn't an attack to anyone in particular

Chinese Democracy!
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2008, 07:11:59 AM »

...And please stop trying to make it sound like Guns n' Roses had always  been "Axl's project&vision"
It hasn't.

What do you know about that?

Axl was talking about putting out a double album in 1987.

That's a vision.

/jarmo

"Guys ... I wanna write more songs and put out an album with two discs in it .... "

Wow ... vision eh? Tongue lol

It's hardly an aspiration Wink

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
greendog
« Reply #1033 on: April 10, 2008, 07:34:53 AM »

...And please stop trying to make it sound like Guns n' Roses had always  been "Axl's project&vision"
It hasn't.

That's a vision.

/jarmo

"Guys ... I wanna write more songs and put out an album with two discs in it .... "

ASPIRATION:
1.   strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition: intellectual aspirations.
2.   a goal or objective desired.

VISION:
1.   the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
2.   a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation: visions of wealth and glory.

What were you saying again?  Kiss
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:37:58 AM by greendog » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2008, 07:40:28 AM »

Research!
People. I really dont think Robin is gone from Guns N Roses. He is just doing som recordings.
This is important! Do you remember what Trent said in September last year??? He kicked all of his bandmembers
out of the live line-up, including Josh Freese. He wanted to do tone down the liveshows. This could mean, that
Robin is just recording material that Trent is going to use on his next tour. He may be not using Robin live "in person"

Although I'd very much like your theory to be correct, it does specify in the nastylittleman press release that Robin will be a member of the touring line-up.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1035 on: April 10, 2008, 07:43:22 AM »

Research!

Although I'd very much like your theory to be correct, it does specify in the nastylittleman press release that Robin will be a member of the touring line-up.

sure.. but, it also could mean that Robin aint touring "in person" if you know what im saying.. not saying this is how it is, but it sure is a possability

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1036 on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:06 AM »

53 pages ?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Is anyone bored yet ?

Nothing to say
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1037 on: April 10, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »

It hasn't.

That's a vision.

/jarmo

ASPIRATION:

VISION:
1.   the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
2.   a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation: visions of wealth and glory.

You goon!  I wasn't saying that a vision wasn't an aspiration!!! lol ... I was saying that deciding you wanna put out an album with a few more tunes on it, wasn't exactly an amazing aspiration or vision.  It's just ... well ... putting more songs on it.  lol Smiley

Ruling the world ... THAT's an aspiration or a vision .... travelling through time ... that's an aspiration or vision... hell ... even losing 500lb is an aspiration ... maybe not a vision ... Tongue lol

But at the end of the day ... bands make music.  Because people think Axl's always had this amazing vision and they're using the double album thing as a way of backing that up ... fuck that ... plenty of bands have released double albums ... bands write music.  GnR ALWAYS had more than enough material to make double albums every time ...

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
greendog
« Reply #1038 on: April 10, 2008, 07:55:18 AM »

It hasn't.

That's a vision.

/jarmo

ASPIRATION:

VISION:

You goon!  I wasn't saying that a vision wasn't an aspiration!!! lol ... I was saying that deciding you wanna put out an album with a few more tunes on it, wasn't exactly an amazing aspiration or vision.  It's just ... well ... putting more songs on it.  lol Smiley

Ruling the world ... THAT's an aspiration or a vision .... travelling through time ... that's an aspiration or vision... hell ... even losing 500lb is an aspiration ... maybe not a vision ... Tongue lol

But at the end of the day ... bands make music.  Because people think Axl's always had this amazing vision and they're using the double album thing as a way of backing that up ... fuck that ... plenty of bands have released double albums ... bands write music.  GnR ALWAYS had more than enough material to make double albums every time ...

Who's to say its not an amazing aspiration? The position they were in back in the day, I bet it looked unlikely they would even get a single album released because they were so poor.

Just because time travel etc are (seemingly) bigger and more fancy doesn't really make them better visions/aspirations. Its the things that matter that are the best choices.

For Axl, a double album could have been just what he wanted to achieve in life. He did. He moved on... now he's aspiring to make Chinese Democracy the greatest thing he's ever achieved.

Smiley
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: April 10, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »

Really though.

If we could just get a definite answer from any number of sources this wouldn't be an issue.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: