Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED  (Read 52008 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:08 PM »

They can still bring the scenario used in El Salvador and assembly here and continue with the original plan.

besides, they could reschedule the date of Guatemala, the european gig starts at june 5th right?Huh

If the band could, they would!

Need proof? Look at the way the Rio show was rescheduled.

Originally we were going from Quito to Panama and we would have had a few days off there.

Instead we flew on a chartered flight all the way back to Rio, did the show and flew to Panama.

Trust me, it's not just as easy as "use the equipment and play".

Equipment has to be shipped well in advance to the next leg of the tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »

They can still bring the scenario used in El Salvador and assembly here and continue with the original plan.

besides, they could reschedule the date of Guatemala, the european gig starts at june 5th right?Huh

If the band could, they would!

Need proof? Look at the way the Rio show was rescheduled.

Originally we were going from Quito to Panama and we would have had a few days off there.

Instead we flew on a chartered flight all the way back to Rio, did the show and flew to Panama.

Trust me, it's not just as easy as "use the equipment and play".

Equipment has to be shipped well in advance to the next leg of the tour.

/jarmo

bro, I want to thank you that you have taken time to tell me what happens, however I'm inconsolable, I went to see them in 2007 to Mexico but have the band in my country was the best thing that could happen in my life, I really hope to do humanly possible to come.

I'm crying my dream fell apart.

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »

This is shitty for the band and the fans - a real shame and hopefully can be re-arranged sometime on the future. 

Must be so frustrating for the band and crew that things dont work out how they should

Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »

This really sucks, I feel very sorry for all of you who won't have the chance to see them live. Cry
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2010, 02:11:50 PM »

On Monday 12th April 2010, @axlrose  said:

El Salvador ROCKED! The stadium felt like ancient Rome. Great crowd!! Unfortunately r show in Guatemala's been cancelled. Attempts to substitute Costa Rica ultimatley weren't successful which leaves 1 SHOW LEFT!

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »

On Monday 12th April 2010, @axlrose  said:

El Salvador ROCKED! The stadium felt like ancient Rome. Great crowd!! Unfortunately r show in Guatemala's been cancelled. Attempts to substitute Costa Rica ultimatley weren't successful which leaves 1 SHOW LEFT!
well that puts and end to speculation no re-schedules so sorry for everyone
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »

Did they ever say why the Guatemala show was cancelled?  Huh

I get that they had to cancel the original Costa Rica date but what does Guatemala have to do with it?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2010, 12:36:14 AM »

I get that they had to cancel the original Costa Rica date but what does Guatemala have to do with it?

If I'm reading this post by Jarmo correctly,
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59576.msg1248520#msg1248520
the 13th would have been the only date available to do a rescheduled Costa Rica show.

The Guatemala show had to be canceled in order to attempt to work out the logistics for Costa Rica for that date.

When the Costa Rica reschedule didn't work out, it was too late to undo everything that was set in motion towards Costa Rica in order to be able to re-up Guatemala for that original date. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2010, 02:19:05 AM »

Guns N' Roses concert officially cancelled

By Adam Williams
Tico Times Staff

Not even a little ?Patience? could bring Guns N' Roses to Costa Rica. After the show originally scheduled for Friday at Ricardo Saprissa Stadium was canceled due to a faulty stage setup, hopes for a makeup date were dashed Monday when the band posted a statement on their Facebook page saying they would not reschedule a concert date in Costa Rica.

True to the confused, on-again, off-again nature of the events surrounding the concert since its announcement in early March, as of Monday night it appeared the show would be rescheduled. At 10:28p.m. Monday night, a posting on the band's Facebook site read:

?The Costa Rica show has been rescheduled for April 13th. Please note that the show will take place at a new venue.?

The post was followed by an early morning confirmation that the concert would be held at La Gu?cima in Alajuela on April 13.

However, as soon as word of the rescheduled concert circulated amongst national media outlets, a third post on the Guns N' Roses Facebook page at around 11 a.m. extinguished fan's hopes. ?Central America update: The previously announced rescheduled show in Costa Rica at La Gu?cima will unfortunately not happen,? the posting read.

With the announcement of the official cancelation, the production agency 28 Producciones, which was in charge of the event, sent out an apologetic email to fans and members of the press. The email assured ticket-holding fans that they would be reimbursed and that all inquiries should be referred to the Web page www.28producciones.com.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2010, 03:44:46 AM »

If I'm reading this post by Jarmo correctly,
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59576.msg1248520#msg1248520
the 13th would have been the only date available to do a rescheduled Costa Rica show.

The Guatemala show had to be canceled in order to attempt to work out the logistics for Costa Rica for that date.

When the Costa Rica reschedule didn't work out, it was too late to undo everything that was set in motion towards Costa Rica in order to be able to re-up Guatemala for that original date. 

Well I think that's ridiculous. You cancel a show to make up for another cancelled show? What about the people who bought tickets to see the show in Guatemala, are they less important? Or do you cancel the show in Puerto Rico to make up in Guatemala?

I suppose the logic is that more people bought tickets in Costa Rica so they wouldn't lose as much money by cancelling Guatemala. If that's the case, while I'm sad for the fans that didn't get to see the band, at least the greedy assholes behind this dumb ass decision are going to have to refund even more people than they wanted to in the first place.

And shame on Guns N' Roses for agreeing to this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:47:13 AM by Hale » Logged
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2010, 06:56:50 AM »

Maybe because of the Costa Rica show and the Guatemala show where both arranged by the same promoter and they don't trust him after what happened with the stage set up in Costa Rica.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2010, 07:18:23 AM »

?28 producciones? it's the worst company in show organization. They can't do anything right. 28 producciones failed to provide a safe stage. The band tried to re-schedule the cancelled date of Costa Rica and 28 producciones failed again.  no

Costa Rica fans should ask for another promoter.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2010, 08:05:17 AM »

Well I think that's ridiculous. You cancel a show to make up for another cancelled show? What about the people who bought tickets to see the show in Guatemala, are they less important? Or do you cancel the show in Puerto Rico to make up in Guatemala?

I suppose the logic is that more people bought tickets in Costa Rica so they wouldn't lose as much money by cancelling Guatemala. If that's the case, while I'm sad for the fans that didn't get to see the band, at least the greedy assholes behind this dumb ass decision are going to have to refund even more people than they wanted to in the first place.

Apparently, ?28 producciones? and the production company of Guatemala reached an agreement and decided to reschedule the date for Costa Rica. But some businessmen also involved in these shows weren?t informed about this reschedule. In a few words, internal problems between companies. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »

There is a video interview with Juan Carlos Campos of "28 producciones" here, but I don't know what he says...

GUNS N' ROSES: Costa Rica Concert Officially Cancelled - Apr. 13, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138383

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »

There is a video interview with Juan Carlos Campos of "28 producciones" here, but I don't know what he says...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138383

Says:

- Production & Technical Lead Of GN'R CANCELLED Show

- GN'R was paid (100%) and no play

- Juan Carlos Campos & 28 Production Sued To GN'R

- All Tickets will be returned

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »

Don't even try to hear that FUCKING SHIT!!! fucking journalists why in the fucking hell they always blaming Axl for these cancelled gigs? also they are saying that all the Chinese Democracy World Tour 2009-2010 has been a totally failure and the band is so mediocre that every newspaper in South America said that this band is a big crap. And also (and if they were slim or some kind of anorexic stupid cunts) said that Axl is so fat that he couldn't even sing and move properly on stage.

That fucking promoter is saying that they cancelled the Costa Rican show because the GNR stage technician said that the stage was not secure to place a show right there (in other words the stage was fucked up), and now that lame promoter is seeking every legal procedure to state a Lawsuit against GN'R.

Please GNR management or Axl or anyone make an official statement regarding this issue, because all the journalist in SA are spreading bullshit across the globe and INSULTING to everyone involved in GNR (members, crew, staff, fans)...

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »

Don't even try to hear that FUCKING SHIT!!! fucking journalists why in the fucking hell they always blaming Axl for these cancelled gigs? also they are saying that all the Chinese Democracy World Tour 2009-2010 has been a totally failure and the band is so mediocre that every newspaper in South America said that this band is a big crap. And also (and if they were slim or some kind of anorexic stupid cunts) said that Axl is so fat that he couldn't even sing and move properly on stage.

That fucking promoter is saying that they cancelled the Costa Rican show because the GNR stage technician said that the stage was not secure to place a show right there (in other words the stage was fucked up), and now that lame promoter is seeking every legal procedure to state a Lawsuit against GN'R.

Please GNR management or Axl or anyone make an official statement regarding this issue, because all the journalist in SA are spreading bullshit across the globe and INSULTING to everyone involved in GNR (members, crew, staff, fans)...

I second that, what a fuckin hating article, and worst of all, Fans are gonna believe it, cause people are like sheep. They basically said the entire tour has been a fiasco, axl and everything sucks. Im so sorry I gave my money to that motherfucker at 28 producciones.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »

+1. They are not original thinkers, and they have to keep rehashing the same old garbage.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:13 AM »

The journalist doesnt even know Axl's name, she keeps saying Axl Roses. hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

Says:

- Production & Technical Lead Of GN'R CANCELLED Show

- GN'R was paid (100%) and no play

- Juan Carlos Campos & 28 Production Sued To GN'R

- All Tickets will be returned

Do they want to sue the band for not playing? So they wanted GN'R to play in stage which wasn't safe. Juan Carlos Campos and 28 producciones don't care about people safety. Unbelievable! 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: