Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April 9th/13th, San Jose, Costa Rica - CANCELLED  (Read 52007 times)
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

Today tuesday 13 the producer in charge of the show in Guatemala has not decided officially to clarify the situation, people here in Guatemala blame "28 productions" for our show and also blame gnr by belittling the people of Guatemala, because nobody says nothing about it?

Axl I believe in you but you should say something please.

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:07 AM »

There is a video interview with Juan Carlos Campos of "28 producciones" here, but I don't know what he says...

GUNS N' ROSES: Costa Rica Concert Officially Cancelled - Apr. 13, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138383

Says:

- Production & Technical Lead Of GN'R CANCELLED Show

- GN'R was paid (100%) and no play

- Juan Carlos Campos & 28 Production Sued To GN'R

- All Tickets will be returned

I hope G N' R management will sue 28 Productions for not beeing capable to organise these shows.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »

Yeah, the Billboard's article about the hot tours shows a huge fiasco. hihi

Seems like the same pattern as that Marcos Mion, the owner of the club in Brazil: when the show was scheduled to happen, it was all wonderful. Once it turns out to not happen, suddenly the band isn't as great as before, Axl is fat and lost his voice, bla bla bla. Pathetic.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »

Well I think that's ridiculous. You cancel a show to make up for another cancelled show? What about the people who bought tickets to see the show in Guatemala, are they less important? Or do you cancel the show in Puerto Rico to make up in Guatemala?

It's ridiculous to you because you don't get it.

You assume GN'R thinks one crowd is less important than another because you want them to. It's all in your head.

The way I see it, is that the Costa Rica show was cancelled due to circumstances that were out of the band's and crew's hands.

They tried to reschedule it because they wanted to do the show. That's why everybody's in Central America in the first place. To play shows.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that sometimes you have to make a decision that will disappoint some people.

But if you can make more people happy than disappointed, then you might choose that alternative.

Maybe that's what happened. But in the end, it didn't work out.

And once again, nobody said anything about fans in Guatemala being worth less. Nobody.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2010, 11:46:08 AM »

Well I think that's ridiculous. You cancel a show to make up for another cancelled show? What about the people who bought tickets to see the show in Guatemala, are they less important? Or do you cancel the show in Puerto Rico to make up in Guatemala?

You assume GN'R thinks one crowd is less important than another because you want them to. It's all in your head.

The way I see it, is that the Costa Rica show was cancelled due to circumstances that were out of the band's and crew's hands.

They tried to reschedule it because they wanted to do the show. That's why everybody's in Central America in the first place. To play shows.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that sometimes you have to make a decision that will disappoint some people.

But if you can make more people happy than disappointed, then you might choose that alternative.

And once again, nobody said anything about fans in Guatemala being worth less. Nobody.

/jarmo

I understand what you're saying, but why cancel our concert in Guatemala?

good for fans to reschedule the date of Costa Rica, but at our expense.

In any case had rescheduled our date, but not remove our gig.  I'm really trying to understand, but nobody says anything officially.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »

/jarmo

In any case had rescheduled our date, but not remove our gig.  I'm really trying to understand, but nobody says anything officially.

Still friends, raise money and travel, it is a shame for the fans of Guatemala & Costa Rica...

Cry

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »

/jarmo

Because the promoter isn't reliable enough? Look for example what happened with the Costa Rica show. They had to cancel the show because the stage set up wasn't safe enough. Will you take that risk again when you know that this promoter is responsible for both (Costa Rica and Guatemala) shows?
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »

With all due respect, that just doesn't make any sense.

(-1) + (-1) + (1) still = -1
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »

/jarmo

Because the promoter isn't reliable enough? Look for example what happened with the Costa Rica show. They had to cancel the show because the stage set up wasn't safe enough. Will you take that risk again when you know that this promoter is responsible for both (Costa Rica and Guatemala) shows?

man, the promoter is not the same guy for both concerts.  28 productions have nothing to do with the local producers.
these idiots tried to set the stage in less than 24 hours and because of that fell off the stage the first time, after the gig was rescheduled and then canceled them again because it was not safe. What happened? nobody knows.  But it was our fault???   in any case had brought the stage used in El Salvador on Sunday.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »

It makes no sense that the band is in Central America to play shows?

Ok....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »

Ok....

/jarmo

I believe he's talking about canceling one show, then another...but still having one more show left.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »

Ok....

/jarmo

Well, since you asked for clarification, I will clarify.

First they cancelled Costa Rica, then they cancelled Guatemala to make-up Costa Rica.

That doesn't make any sense.

Cancelling 2, rescheduling 1, still leaves you where you started, with 1 show cancelled, so what's the point?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »

It's not always that easy.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »

There's probably a lot more to this...

From Sebastian Bach's Twitter account:

[From Fabian Mora] @sebastianbach I am really disappointed not seeing your performance in Costa Rica, lots off people were just waiting for you man(

[From Sebastian] @fabian_mora me too.. When the show was resheduled the local promoter told us not to play! Seems like a real unprofessional to all of us

about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to fabian_mora

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »

Guatemala show was cancelled due to several reasons according to Oscar Morales.

Source:  http://www.sigloxxi.com/vida.php?id=7798 (Second paragraph)

For those who don't read Spanish:

?According to Oscar Morales (from Global Production, the company in charge of the production of the show in Guatemala) there are several reasons that led to the cancellation. First, the equipment used for the show of Costa Rica was the same equipment that they were going to use for the show at Estadio del Ej?rcito, since the country doesn?t have enough structures to carry out a setup of this type. Hence, it wasn?t possible to do the show in Guatemala. Second, to bring GN?R to another date would mean a change of logistics in the tour, and the cost of transfer of the equipment and the band would be expensive. Third, the low selling of tickets for the show (less than two thousand tickets until Sunday).?         
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2010, 01:54:56 PM »

/jarmo

Ever heard the saying "actions speak louder than words"? Nobody said anything about Guatemala being less important but that's how it looks like in this situation.

And I think you misunderstood me but I don't think GN'R thinks one crowd is better than the other, in case that wasn't clear that was referring to the organizers of these shows. The only thing I blame GN'R for in this situation is in how they announced this news to their Guatemala fans:

The Costa Rica show has been rescheduled for April 13th. Please note that the venue has changed.

You have to agree that reading about the cancellation of the show you're supposed to go the next day like that is pretty fucked up.
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2010, 01:56:43 PM »

Seems like the same pattern as that Marcos Mion, the owner of the club in Brazil: when the show was scheduled to happen, it was all wonderful. Once it turns out to not happen, suddenly the band isn't as great as before, Axl is fat and lost his voice, bla bla bla. Pathetic.

Wow! Hold on a sec! You're saying the club owner Axl talked about in S?o Paulo was Marcos Mion, the moron who became famous by acting like an idiot on MTV?

That just blows my mind!  rofl
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »

Wow! Hold on a sec! You're saying the club owner Axl talked about in S?o Paulo was Marcos Mion, the moron who became famous by acting like an idiot on MTV?

That just blows my mind!  rofl
Yeah, exactly! He's now on Record TV (with a really bad new show) and even posted a huge text blaming, whining and bad mouthing Axl and the new guys after the cancellation. Of course his opinion was very different before, but he didn't really bother to stand up for that.

anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

Guatemala show was cancelled due to several reasons according to Oscar Morales.

Source:  http://www.sigloxxi.com/vida.php?id=7798 (Second paragraph)

For those who don't read Spanish:

?According to Oscar Morales (from Global Production, the company in charge of the production of the show in Guatemala) there are several reasons that led to the cancellation. First, the equipment used for the show of Costa Rica was the same equipment that they were going to use for the show at Estadio del Ej?rcito, since the country doesn?t have enough structures to carry out a setup of this type. Hence, it wasn?t possible to do the show in Guatemala. Second, to bring GN?R to another date would mean a change of logistics in the tour, and the cost of transfer of the equipment and the band would be expensive. Third, the low selling of tickets for the show (less than two thousand tickets until Sunday).?         

many things there are not true, starting with tickets, jajajajaa 2.000 jajajaa is a big lie that. (other people are saying 3,000)

secondly, that if they brougt the stage then no matter if they played for 2,000 people? jajajaajaja that stupid.

and third, "the logistics" TOO EXPENSIVE??? it would be expensive bring the stage from El Salvador?? yeah right.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2010, 02:49:35 PM »

many things there are not true, starting with tickets, jajajajaa 2.000 jajajaa is a big lie that. (other people are saying 3,000)

secondly, that if they brougt the stage then no matter if they played for 2,000 people? jajajaajaja that stupid.

and third, "the logistics" TOO EXPENSIVE??? it would be expensive bring the stage from El Salvador?? yeah right.

Just curious... how many Rock Concert stages (and crews) have you transported across national borders? Who are you to say what is or isn't too expensive?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: