Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:55:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit  (Read 28506 times)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 06:15:05 AM »

Who cares really? I doubt we'll ever hear anything again musically from Pitman. I doubt anyone cares if we do or not. And Axl can make the settlement money in less than one night. I say pay him off and leave him in the past.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 06:22:50 AM »

I really want to know what went on here
Why?

How does that change anything for us as fans?

It's entirely possible that there will be a settlement with a NDA signed and we'll never know.

Ali

What dos changing anything have to do with anything ?

I want to know why he left/got fired.  I want to hear more about why He says Axl owes him money.  I want to know more about went on behind the scenes for the past 10 years.  I want to har stories about the receding of the album CD

There was zero mention why chore isn't in the band any more.  Then we get someone replacing him

What about all those stupid ghost pictures from the recording studios last year?

Nothing has to change to find out more info from your fav band

Why are you painting here?  It doesn't change anything?

Why do fans call into talk shows to talk about there fav sports teams?   It doesn't change anything?? 
Posting here and wanting to know details about the inner workings and business affairs of the band are not the same thing.

Ali

Thebaconman man is right and makes excellent points.  Why not discuss inner workings and business?
Beats talking about the ac/dc tour Ali.
Baconman raises some great questions.
Because it's not why any of us became fans to begin with. Because wanting to know something isn't the same as being entitled to know it.

Ali

We became fans to begin with because we loved the music and supported he band thru thick n thin....not our choice we're discussing Pitman getting ripped off instead of a new song or album!!

Exactly. It's a discussion board for news in the world of GNR- of course we're going to discuss this stuff! No need to even go into a thread if it's a topic that's uninteresting to you!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »

Acording to TMZ, Pitman have filed a lawsuit against Axl:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/09/13/axl-rose-lawsuit-guns-n-roses-engineer-unpaid-wages/

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 08:29:30 AM »

Who cares really? I doubt we'll ever hear anything again musically from Pitman.
Why not? We had tons of Buckethead music. And even Steven Adler, who sued them, came back to play a couple of songs. I don't think we should rule out anything with this band.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »

Why?

It's entirely possible that there will be a settlement with a NDA signed and we'll never know.

Ali

I want to know why he left/got fired.  I want to hear more about why He says Axl owes him money.  I want to know more about went on behind the scenes for the past 10 years.  I want to har stories about the receding of the album CD

There was zero mention why chore isn't in the band any more.  Then we get someone replacing him

What about all those stupid ghost pictures from the recording studios last year?

Why do fans call into talk shows to talk about there fav sports teams?   It doesn't change anything?? 
Posting here and wanting to know details about the inner workings and business affairs of the band are not the same thing.

Ali

Thebaconman man is right and makes excellent points.  Why not discuss inner workings and business?
Because it's not why any of us became fans to begin with. Because wanting to know something isn't the same as being entitled to know it.

Ali

I became a fan of the band when I was 8 years old.  My mother let me pick out two tapes from the local supermarket.   I picked AFD and Iron Maiden "Seven sons of a seventh son"

I picked both tapes, because I liked how the front looked.  I liked the artwork

So really I became a fan of GNR because I thought the art work was cool.

Is that all I am supposed to talk about?   Because that's why I became a fan?   I don't think so.......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 08:51:47 AM »

Why don't you go back to focusing on the number of covers in the setlist for every show you didn't attend?
Like in the good old days....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 08:55:12 AM »

Why don't you go back to focusing on the number of covers in the setlist for every show you didn't attend?

/jarmo

Oh come on, that's not what this thread is about! haha
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 09:30:58 AM »

And he was all bitter about not being included in the reunion.  So this sounds like a cheap money grab
Maybe he was bitter about not getting more money despite the bigger payday from Slash & Duff coming back?

Either way, he bitched about it publicly, then was let go.  Not a smart move as he lost out on a steady paycheck for the next couple of years.

Ali

Perhaps he is actually owed money.....   He did say he has a promissory note from Axl.  That's pretty cut and dry.  Either he has a note and is owed money.  Or he doesn't

Haha that was my reaction.  If this note exists and there was never a deposit made to his bank accounts for $125K then he will probably get it.  If he doesn't then I can't wait to hear his excuse.  "Well, ya see your honor, I brought my leather pants to the dry cleaners and I forgot the note was in there....." 
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 09:54:42 AM »

/jarmo

Exactley Jarmo...when nothing interesting is going on with the band...people tend to be negative...but when the band is acting like a real band....we love it!! No one will complain about a set list when they know new music is in the works but if theres no sign of new music and there is the same ol setlist as previous tours....ya people are going to complain about it, rightfully so..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »

Why?

Ali

Ali

Ali

We became fans to begin with because we loved the music and supported he band thru thick n thin....not our choice we're discussing Pitman getting ripped off instead of a new song or album!!
You are right. If a new album was announced, this thread would die quickly. But, it is choice to express a desire to know exactly what happened.

Ali
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »

Why?

Ali

Ali

Ali

I became a fan of the band when I was 8 years old.  My mother let me pick out two tapes from the local supermarket.   I picked AFD and Iron Maiden "Seven sons of a seventh son"

Is that all I am supposed to talk about?   Because that's why I became a fan?   I don't think so.......
Bullshit. The artwork may have sparked curiosity, but no one becomes a fan of a musical artist/performer on the basis of their album art.

Ali
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 10:12:50 AM »

Why?

Ali

Ali

Ali

Bullshit. The artwork may have sparked curiosity, but no one becomes a fan of a musical artist/performer on the basis of their album art.

Ali

So because you don't like it, its not true?   Ok........

I tell you who became a fan of a lot of music/bands because he thought the albums looked cool, the music videos looked cool, the bands tshirts looked cool.  A 8 year old Baconman, that who.   

That how I became a fan of many, many bands....

Now how did I stay a fan.....   Well this is totally different

I stayed a fan of some of these bands, because I liked there music, etc.

Most bands though that 8 year old Bacon liked, I dropped after a few years.

So with your logic.   You only want to talk about GNRs items, you pick.   However you have no problem discussing what other people should talk about???   Weird.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

This may have have been posted here earlier this year, but I completely missed these comments Chris made in April dumping on the band:

"I quit the Oldies band, they just wanna repeat that 30 year old music over and over,? boring."

http://loudwire.com/ex-guns-n-roses-chris-pitman-oldies-gnr-reunion/

Between that comment, the "cash grab" dig before that, and the whole Riad mess, I don't think they'll be in any hurry to pay him...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »

And he was all bitter about not being included in the reunion.  So this sounds like a cheap money grab
Maybe he was bitter about not getting more money despite the bigger payday from Slash & Duff coming back?

Either way, he bitched about it publicly, then was let go.  Not a smart move as he lost out on a steady paycheck for the next couple of years.

Ali

Perhaps he is actually owed money.....   He did say he has a promissory note from Axl.  That's pretty cut and dry.  Either he has a note and is owed money.  Or he doesn't

Yeah, seriously. Also, there's been a ton of reports about the gazillions this tour is making. While $163K isn't chump change it is a drop in the bucket compared to the tour's earnings. I think if it was a greedy money grab or whatever, he'd ask for more. Seeking interest isn't uncommon.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »

Pitman sucks and provided nothing meaningful to the band. Pay him his money and please make him go away for ever. His style never complimented the band, just was weird. Mother Goose, glad you are gone.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 10:46:12 AM »

This may have have been posted here earlier this year, but I completely missed these comments Chris made in April dumping on the band:

"I quit the Oldies band, they just wanna repeat that 30 year old music over and over,? boring."

http://loudwire.com/ex-guns-n-roses-chris-pitman-oldies-gnr-reunion/

Between that comment, the "cash grab" dig before that, and the whole Riad mess, I don't think they'll be in any hurry to pay him...

Haha if the interest is adding up I would be in a hurry. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »

if theres no sign of new music and there is the same ol setlist as previous tours....ya people are going to complain about it, rightfully so..

That's just amazing.

Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage for the first time since 1993? Doesn't matter... The "setlist is the same".  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 11:11:23 AM »

if theres no sign of new music and there is the same ol setlist as previous tours....ya people are going to complain about it, rightfully so..

That's just amazing.

Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage for the first time since 1993? Doesn't matter... The "setlist is the same".  rofl

/jarmo

Jarmo I was somebody who 110% believed that if Axl and Slash got back onstage again together the complaints about the band would melt away.  I was so wrong.  I cannot believe people are complaining about the set list.  You are right, some people will always find something to complain about  Sad
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »

Pitman sucks and provided nothing meaningful to the band. Pay him his money and please make him go away for ever. His style never complimented the band, just was weird. Mother Goose, glad you are gone.

The guy was in the band for a very very long time.  Why would he be allowed to stick around, if he didn't do anything?  I really have no clue what he did in the band, other than what he did at live concerts.  I really would like to know the story.  But I guess it is very easy to just say, I don't know what he did and he isn't in the band, so he is dumb and I am glad he left.

So why would he be owed money?  It seems like such an odd ball amount as well....  

I have never head of any of the past band members/current band members being owed money.   So it looks like all the bills from past tours have all been paid.  You play a concert you get paid etc...

So what would Chris be owed this money for?  I would think it would be for non concert work.  Perhaps doing some studio work for Axl for new music?  The record label stopped paying for studio time years ago, so I think Axl has to pick up the tab for anything relating to vaulted music being reworked....   So I bet that's what happend
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »

Pitman should be sued for playing that ridiculous wobbling keyboard and crappy backing vocals during GNR concerts.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: