Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Rose Bar in New York (Feb 14, 2010) [incl Axl in NYC news articles]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Rose Bar in New York (Feb 14, 2010) [incl Axl in NYC news articles]  (Read 59605 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2010, 01:29:21 PM »

Guns n? Roses Rock Fashion Week With Second Secret NYC Show

For the second time during New York Fashion Week, Guns n? Roses staged a late-night secret show in a tiny private venue, performing at the Rose Bar in the wee hours of Valentine?s Day night in front of a celebrity-filled crowd of 150 people. Like Gn?R?s surprise gig at the Varvatos store where CBGB used to be located, Axl Rose and Co. didn?t hit the Rose Bar stage until 1:30 a.m., delivering another hits-filled set list that was almost identical to their Varvatos show, New York Magazine?s Vulture blog reports, with the major change being ?Paradise City? replacing ?Night Train? as the night?s final encore.

Packing Guns n? Roses? stadium-sized performances into a small venue is likely a difficult task, and the leap from arenas to ultra-trendy clubs did affect the Guns? Rose Bar show as Rose struggled to lift his voice above the instruments, Vulture writes. Mickey Rourke, Adrian Grenier, members of the Strokes and Zoe Kravitz were just a handful of the celebrities that were treated to this exclusive Guns n? Roses performance, which had been rumored since last week.

A scary sidenote to the Rose Bar show comes from the New York Post, who report that a seemingly drunk man with a knife somehow infiltrated the extremely private show, but the ever-watchful Sebastian Bach managed to get the man thrown out before any violence ensued. A witness told the Post, ?The man walked in while Guns n? Roses was onstage and pulled out a knife and flicked the blade out. Sebastian, who was standing on a banquette said, ?Nobody is getting anywhere near my man Axl Rose with a knife,? and went after him.?

Check out Guns n? Roses? Rose Bar set list below:

?You?re Crazy?
?Mr. Brownstone?
?Used to Love Her?
?Welcome to the Jungle?
?Street of Dreams?
?Sorry?
?It?s So Easy?
?Patience?
?Rocket Queen?
?Catcher in the Rye?
?My Michelle?
?Knockin? on Heaven?s Door?
?Whole Lotta Rosie?
?Sweet Child o? Mine?
?Nightrain?
?Paradise City?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/02/16/guns-n-roses-rock-fashion-week-with-second-secret-nyc-show/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2010, 01:41:14 PM »

Damn, that's frightening... I'm so glad Bach managed to deal with it.

Maybe it was Madison. hihi

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »

Sounds like the show was amazing, just like the 1st secret show. It is scary to think about the person with the knife, you just don't realise that there are mad people out there, and then when you add alchohol to the mix.  Cry

I'm really thankful to Sebastian, he is a true friend and always shows it. I'm also happy he's opening the Brazilian shows, he really deserves it.

Here's to Savage Animal.   beer

Lee
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:34:43 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2010, 02:13:03 PM »

Chaos was narrowly averted at an intimate Guns N' Roses concert when a man with a knife was tackled by ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach.

The mystery man casually pulled out what appeared to be a switchblade knife as he walked into the packed and uber-exclusive "Nur Khan's Rose Bar Sessions" at the Gramercy Park Hotel on Sunday.

FULL FASHION WEEK COVERAGE

But Bach, who was standing near the door, immediately got the stranger thrown out of the bash, which was attended by a host of stars including Mickey Rourke.

A witness reports, "The man walked in while Guns N' Roses was onstage and pulled out a knife and flicked the blade out. Sebastian, who was standing on a banquette said: 'Nobody is getting anywhere near my man Axl Rose with a knife,' and went after him. Security then immediately threw him out. The man appeared to be drunk. It was dealt with so quickly that none of the other guests or the band were aware of it."

The private Valentine's Day concert was the hottest ticket in town, with a handpicked crowd including the Strokes' Fabrizio Moretti and Albert Hammond Jr., Ryan Phillippe, Zoe Kravitz, Josh Lucas, Yigal Azrouel and Sophia Bush, who all packed into the Rose Bar for the DeLeon Tequila-sponsored first of Khan's series of intimate concerts.

Guns N' Roses played for two hours for 150 guests, finishing up at 3 a.m. before moving the party upstairs with a group of model and rocker friends until 6 a.m.

When earlier asked by The Post's Brian Niemietz if long metal hair will come back in fashion, Bach said, "If it does, people better start now because it takes seven [bleep]ing years to get it this length." Flaunting his golden locks, Bach added, "And this isn't some Jessica [bleep]ing Simpson hair extensions -- this is the real deal." A rep for the Rose Bar declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/knife_menace_at_guns_show_QM2ZkBJ1Bzz7jqi1BpZGVI#ixzz0fjBXcExY

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/knife_menace_at_guns_show_QM2ZkBJ1Bzz7jqi1BpZGVI#ixzz0fjBR6FkO
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »

Guns N' Roses Perform in a Tiny NYC Bar!

"Happy Valentines Day," Axl Rose said with a smirk Sunday night, addressing the 150 very beautiful, very lucky people who landed on the guest list for a private Guns N' Roses concert at the Gramercy Park Hotel's Rose Bar in New York City. Winking and referencing his band, he added: "We're the morning-after pill!!!"

Charming. But celebs like Mikey Rourke, Adrian Grenier, Ryan Phillippe, Albert Hammond Jr. and Fab Moretti of the Strokes, Emily Haines of Metric, and Sebastian Bach didn't come for holiday chivalry. They came for badass rock'n'roll -- and they got it. Lots of it.

The late-night concert -- GNR's second surprise appearance at New York Fashion Week -- was a little piece of paradise city: Rose and his six-piece band unleashed a 90-minute, 16-song set spanning all their hits.

GNR performed in front of a fireplace covered in roses, with a black-and-red painting of a skull hanging above. The lights were dim, gorgeous women outnumbered the men 2 to 1, the booze was free, and the light fixture overhead, the singer noted, looked like the spiky thorns of a rosebush. It could have been a scene from a GNR music video.

The band opened with "You're Crazy" and "Mr. Brownstone," and proceeded to play acoustic versions of hits from Use Your Illusion, Lies EP, and their 1987 mega-hit Appetite for Destruction, including its eternally awesome lead single "Welcome to the Jungle."

The 48-year-old frontman, wearing a brown velvet suit and matching top hat over his red bandana, slithered and tossed the mic from hand to hand as he stretched his vocals on set standout "Nightrain."

He slowed the tempo on super ballad "Patience," as the lights overhead turned his gigantic diamond rings into miniature disco balls, and the crowd sang along and waved their lighters in the air (real ones -- thanks, smokers!).

The band played only two tracks off their 15-years-in-the-making 2008 record Chinese Democracy: "Catcher in the Rye" and "Sorry."

The sound, especially Rose's vocals, was occasionally muddy, but the bandmembers -- keyboardist Dizzy Reed, drummer Frank Ferre, bassist (and former Replacement) Tommy Stinson, and three guitarists -- the chain-smoking DJ Ashba (Yes, that's his real name. No, he's not an actual disc jockey), Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, and Richard Fortus -- played admirably through the slog.

Overall, the show was a reminder that love 'em or hate 'em, Axl and GNR created some of the most quintessential rock songs of the '80s and '90s.

GNR's cover of Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" scored loudest crowd reaction of the night, with second place going to set-closer "Paradise City."

On the latter, as Stinson sang backup, a very sweaty Rose ripped of his top hat, jacket, and sunglasses. In a red bandana, unbuttoned shirt, and blue jeans, he recalled the iconic Axl from the late '80s -- only 20 years older and 30 pounds heavier.

"It sounds really good," commented one hardcore fan. "Hey, I can just close my eyes and pretend it's 1987!"

Guns N' Roses setlist:
1. "You're Crazy"
2. "Mr. Brownstone"
3. "Used To Love Her"
4. "Welcome To The Jungle"
5. "Street Of Dreams"
6. "Sorry" (Chinese Democracy)
7. "It's So Easy"
8. "Patience"
9. "Rocket Queen"
10. "Catcher In The Rye" (Chinese Democracy)
11. "My Michelle"
12. "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan Cover)
13. "Whole Lotta Rosie" (AC/DC cover)
14. "Sweet Child O' Mine"
15. "Nightrain"
16. "Paradise City"

http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-roses-perform-tiny-nyc-bar

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »

Good thing Baz was like "I remember you" and stopped the monkey buisness before that youth got wild. I mean christ, he could've had a big gun! I wonder if Baz was like "you want a piece of me?" when he stopped the guy. In any case, I'm hoping he gets 18 & life to say the least.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2010, 03:00:51 PM »

Good thing Baz was like "I remember you" and stopped the monkey buisness before that youth got wild. I mean christ, he could've had a big gun! I wonder if Baz was like "you want a piece of me?" when he stopped the guy. In any case, I'm hoping he gets 18 & life to say the least.
could have taken that one further, u forgot the most obvious ones, like get the fuck out and stabbin daggers  Grin
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2010, 04:15:42 PM »

what kind of an idiot actually gets into a show like this only to pull a knife out?

that's really brave of baz (apparently empty handed) to go after the man

hopefully this doesn't discourage gnr from doing more of these shows

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »

could have taken that one further, u forgot the most obvious ones, like get the fuck out and stabbin daggers  Grin

hihi Yeah. I decided to quit while I was ahead.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »

hihi Yeah. I decided to quit while I was ahead.

I have the urge to award you a trophy in the shape of a giant wedge of cheese  hihi

In all seriousness - that's fucking scary. Considering Dimebag and all, I'm suddenly supportive of anal security when going into a venue (although once I'm in, leave me the fuck alone, security guys!).
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »

Fantastic pics! I love this one where Axl's looking directly at the camera:

Gee....Hmm...I think he's finally past his "don't take pics" stage....lol

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »

You would be surprised to know how many people still strongly believe that Axl doesn't like to be photographed and totally prohibits cameras at concerts. I live with those people and nasty comments about Axl and cameras on a daily basis.

alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »

Damn, that's frightening... I'm so glad Bach managed to deal with it.

Maybe it was Madison. hihi

Whoah.. ahaha hihi
Ok, back to topic...

I like this Indiana-Jones-look-a-like hat. Smiley Axl looks great by the way..

Ashba?s hair seems lighter. I thought it was black.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »

I tried to submit an article but it said my mail client wasn't set up. Found this on MSN.com, thought it was pretty cool!

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/knife-drama-at-guns-n-roses-show-1538462.story?gt1=28135
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »

Ashba?s hair seems lighter. I thought it was black.

He's born blonde:

Looks like the raven hairdye is fading or he quit the color. To be sincere I really like the black and wish he'd keep it instead of going brown or blonde.
Anyway, who am I to decide?

GREASER57
Banned
Opening Act

DO NOT JOIN THE AIRFORCE!

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »

thwarted by Bach...

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/02/16/sebastian-bach-guns-n-roses-axl-rose-knife-attack/?icid=main|main|dl2|link4|http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/02/16/sebastian-bach-guns-n-roses-axl-rose-knife-attack/
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »

My god this is insane...

the first show at the old CBGBs was 1 minute from where I work.  The 2nd show at Rose bar is just a few minutes from where I live...

how did i not know about either!??!  God hates me Sad

Tonight they'll probably play in my apartment but I'll be out or something, haha.  peace

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2010, 11:05:32 PM »

i just got to say im pretty dissapointed about these "suprise shows". not the sound, setlist, video or anything like that but the fact that us diehards arent there. rich snobs, models, and famous people. cmon....that just isnt right. im sure more than half these people dont even know the band, which to me is just a slap in the face to those of us who would do close to anything to see these unbelievable intimate shows. maybe the ones who should be rewarded with a show like this are the ones who  truly have backed this band for the last decade or so. and this is not a bash of the band or axl, but i know many of us would appreciate this once in a lifetime showcase of THE greatest band of all time more than the crowds they are playing to.

nice try frankenhooker!

well reading Axl twitter post seems that he read ur post !  got em a lil pissed  Undecided

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2010, 11:57:04 PM »

http://galleries.purple-diary.com/tags/axl-rose-sebastian-bach-purple-after-party-feb-2010

big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2010, 12:15:28 AM »

wtf Huh??

if thatps true !!!

that`s  sad !!!

GNR is an very big band in the whole globe  !! 

remember what happened to dimebag , axl is million times more famous !
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: