Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:37:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Rose Bar in New York (Feb 14, 2010) [incl Axl in NYC news articles]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Rose Bar in New York (Feb 14, 2010) [incl Axl in NYC news articles]  (Read 59608 times)
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »

Who said that one "could barely tell the vocals from the guitars"?!
Even with this poorly recorded video, one can easily tell the vocals from the guitars... That was just another irrelevent assertion.
Too bad for so-called music journalists: nowadays, we don't need their biased reviews anymore to try and know how a show actually sounded like.
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »

Who said that one "could barely tell the vocals from the guitars"?!
Even with this poorly recorded video, one can easily tell the vocals from the guitars... That was just another irrelevent assertion.
Too bad for so-called music journalists: nowadays, we don't need their biased reviews anymore to try and know how a show actually sounded like.

Ya i hate that people who writes a column feel they can take the cheap shot or a jab here and there at Axl just because it (was) an easy head line or its an easy thing to do to grab attention to their write up!! Kinda like the bully at the playground who has never been in a damn fight but can talk louder and more often then everyone else!!
ya its easy to poke fun of some of the decisions that Axl has made in the past, but get over it!! His talent cannot be ignored!! Just from that paradise city video everything sounded great!!!   Its a shame they don't validate the journalists who get paid to write bias garbage!!
He is probably just pissed because he was a grunge fan growing up and now knowing there is truly noting worth writing about that era anymore!!! Undecided

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »

damn good

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »

+1

Axl's voice is awesome when not buried my loud guitars. I mean, I love the guitars, but sometimes is really cool to hear him more clearly.

Makes me wonder what would come out of a GnR unplugged record!  drool

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »

hehe great counter evidence comes this quick. thank you brownstonex and  whoever recorded and uploaded it!
and thanks for the pics and fun stories of the night.

k, i read the original vurture article to see it was actually blabbermouth that put a negative spin.
its not a serious review or anything. the lane guy doesn't say "hired guns" but says when he could hear it,
"Axl's voice did sound pretty terrific"

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/02/guns_n_roses.html

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2010, 06:30:13 PM »

Sorry if it was posted before, but I'm kinda in hurry.. Just got this one:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:31:50 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »

i just got to say im pretty dissapointed about these "suprise shows". not the sound, setlist, video or anything like that but the fact that us diehards arent there. rich snobs, models, and famous people. cmon....that just isnt right. im sure more than half these people dont even know the band, which to me is just a slap in the face to those of us who would do close to anything to see these unbelievable intimate shows. maybe the ones who should be rewarded with a show like this are the ones who  truly have backed this band for the last decade or so. and this is not a bash of the band or axl, but i know many of us would appreciate this once in a lifetime showcase of THE greatest band of all time more than the crowds they are playing to.

nice try frankenhooker!
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »

There's people in the band that have been there longer than the original members and people are calling it axl's new band.  It hasn't been the original lineup for almost 20 years.
Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »

I agree with the post above stating that these private gigs are cool but what about the real fans? Most of these people are not into Axl's vision and could care less. (Their twitter pages prove that). How many NY or NJ fans would kill for this kind of show? Why post on a forum that surprise gigs are coming for the rest of us when the rest of us can't get into them?

And before someone says I am not owed anything.. Axl shouldn't pull a double talkin' jive move and tell us about gigs that we can't get into.. It's wrong.

peace

The only one in the game that's lost is you
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »

Thanks to Jamie McCarthy at Getty Images for the pics. Wink

Thank you Will & everybody for pics and info  ok

There's people in the band that have been there longer than the original members and people are calling it axl's new band.  It hasn't been the original lineup for almost 20 years.

That's what happens when you have random people attending.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Jeez, it really makes me mad!!!  rant

Axl on PC sounds amazing btw.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »

And before someone says I am not owed anything.. Axl shouldn't pull a double talkin' jive move and tell us about gigs that we can't get into.. It's wrong.

peace

No matter what you think you know, fans do get to attend these shows.

Unfortunately in a place like New York, not every local GN'R fan can attend an intimate show with a capacity of 100-200. It's common sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »

peace

Unfortunately in a place like New York, not every local GN'R fan can attend an intimate show with a capacity of 100-200. It's common sense.

/jarmo

Yeah I do know fans were there. Cause most had to sneak in. The rest were kicked out. Some were very lucky to get in. But most were kicked out before the show even started. Plus these shows are for fashion week parties, it's not like they were for fans which is what I and others thought from his post on mygnr andGNR's twitter. There is still time so I hope Axl decides to play for the fans who really want to have that kind of experience.

Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »

peace

/jarmo

Yeah I do know fans were there. Cause most had to sneak in. The rest were kicked out. Some were very lucky to get in. But most were kicked out before the show even started. Plus these shows are for fashion week parties, it's not like they were for fans which is what I and others thought from his post on mygnr andGNR's twitter. There is still time so I hope Axl decides to play for the fans who really want to have that kind of experience.

Lets say there's at least 25 000 people in New York who would like to attend this kind of show, it would take Axl 125 nights to please those 25 000.  So basically.....impossible.  And that if it's 200 people places.

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »

peace

/jarmo

Lets say there's at least 25 000 people in New York who would like to attend this kind of show, it would take Axl 125 nights to please those 25 000.  So basically.....impossible.  And that if it's 200 people places.

Missing the point.. Not asking for everyone and their mother to get a show. But one or two shows where it's just fans of the band. So basically it's possible.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »

Theoretically it's possible. Realistically, it's tough...

How many of the fans are 21 and over?

How many can actually stay out until early morning on a week night?

The same people who are upset when a show doesn't end before midnight are gonna stand in a club until 3-4am?

If you ignore the above factors, how do you figure you'd distribute "tickets" to a "free surprise show" if everybody knows about it beforehand?

It's never gonna be "fair". Simple as that.

Just enjoy the fact that the band is using the downtime between legs of the tour to have some fun and be happy for those who get to attend!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:13:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »

Theoretically it's possible. Realistically, it's tough...

How many of the fans are 21 and over?

How many can actually stay out until early morning on a week night?

The same people who are upset when a show doesn't end before midnight are gonna stand in a club until 3-4am?

If you ignore the above factors, how do you figure you'd distribute "tickets" to a "free surprise show" if everybody knows about it beforehand?

It's ever gonna be fair. Simple as that.

/jarmo

It doesn't have to be free and all fans know that it would be a late night. Being such a late night then under 21 really wouldn't have a shot but that's better than only private parties. Give and take. They could state the show is happening in the early afternoon and by the time they hit the stage enough people would be there. At least the same amount but most likely more than the past two gigs.

It's not the fact of playing to everyone who wants to go.. But giving everyone an equal chance of going to see them.

I am happy for those who get to see the shows.. But as a fan in the area it's a let down that these "surprise" gigs are all private.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »

peace

/jarmo

Missing the point.. Not asking for everyone and their mother to get a show. But one or two shows where it's just fans of the band. So basically it's possible.

Nomad, I understand what your saying about hardcore GN'R fans wanting to experience an intimate show like this. But who doesn't, I'm sure every GN'R fan would love to attend a show like this, but you can't please everybody.  Roll Eyes

But I totally disagree with you, with what you said about Axl not telling us if every GN'R fan can't attend. Are you serious, in the last couple of months we've been blessed to have Axl and GN'R on twitter. I think we should be grateful for any information Axl or the band is willing to give us.   ok

Lee

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:21:02 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:42 PM »

People...Guns N' Roses is active, the guys are playing and they are having fun!

Why do you always find something to complain about?

Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »

One.In.A.Million.. I'm upset that he said surprise gigs for the rest of us but that's really not what they are. Im a pig in shit that axl is on twitter.

And I am not "complaining" just stating how I feel about the shows. I am not negative and I support the band as much as the next person. But I am a person with emotion and I like to express how I feel.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »

I am happy for those who get to see the shows.. But as a fan in the area it's a let down that these "surprise" gigs are all private.

I bet they're private for a reason....

You can't fit 2000 people into a bar!

No matter how big fans they are.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: