Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:54:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65808 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »

What i really dont understand is how someone, who is touring with GNR in a beautiful country like Brazil, is wasting his time posting and posting on his message board.

Thats so fucking geeky, i can't even start to explain.

Go out, sightseeing. Do stuff, Meet some hot brazilians. Even for someone who looks like you, there must be some chick.  Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

Any1 seen teenage kicks w tommy anywhere? Either Rio or this, will lubs j00 long time peace
YES!! I Want to hear it. Its such a kick ass song.

Im sure that GN'R version is killer

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2014, 10:27:48 AM »

What i really dont understand

Says it all.

Once again, somebody has nothing to say, so here comes the old "let's go for the insults" approach.

Please explain how geeky it is. Go ahead!
Try to explain what a regular day on tour is like. Can you? Of course you can't.... I bet you're not "geeky" enough to be able to imagine past the partying part. day

For anybody who's curious, there's things like travel days, show days, pre-rig days, productions rehearsal days and days off.
So far on this tour, we haven't had the last one listed.

I don't know why you're posting here. It makes you super geeky. Or did the sailors leave port already?  Wink
See how easy it is? Doesn't exactly make you look smart....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:51:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »

What i really dont understand

Says it all.

Once again, somebody has nothing to say, so here comes the old "let's go for the insults" approach.

Please explain how geeky it is. Go ahead!
Try to explain what a regular day on tour is like. Can you? Of course you can't.... I bet you're not "geeky" enough to be able to imagine past the partying part.

I don't know why you're posting here. It makes you super geeky. Or did the sailors leave port already?  Wink

/jarmo

Brownstones post was extremely rude

please dont lump me with people like that lol ... im sorry i dont like the lack of new stuff... i wont express that in any more show threads

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »

One thing I noticed on the Belo Horizonte's festival is that a lot of people, and I mean A LOT, was seeing the band for the first time. In the period of 4 years since they last played in that city GNR managed to renew their public - even without a new record out. And these new fans were singing the songs from Chinese on the top of their lungs. I was really happy to witness this!

And those people liked what they saw/heard.  ok

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »

I still think it's a lot of judgment over a pretty brief clip. And, regardless of the year, camera phones do not capture sound well. Sorry, but it's true - if you think you're getting a full range of frequency response from those recordings, you're crazy. Even listening to the recording in question, it's hard to argue that the sound quality is good - it's really not. So, it may not be the best vocal moment of the tour, but I sincerely don't think it sounded like that in the room, and that's a fact whether the performance is good or bad, 2006 or 2014.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »

Been some conjecture as to what is going on there.  Can you shed any light?

No, I can't. I thought you guys could by looking at the clips.

We already told you what we saw and what it looked like.  We thought perhaps someone on site might be able to contribute something else. 

Looks like not, either due to can't or won't.  Ain't no thing.  We move on.

The reality is that you guys won't be happy with any of the shows unless they change the set. And even then you'll find something else that you don't like on Youtube.
We have ten more shows on this leg, and it's pretty boring to see the same people bring up their same issues up in every thread. We get it. You don't like it.

I think a lot of us went into this tour looking for answers to two questions :

- Will there be any new songs, suggesting this band is interested in moving forward? 
- Will Axl sound better than he did the last few legs?

As for the first, I certainly never expected any new songs.  I am long on record that I expect literally nothing new from these guys going forward.  So your suggestion I am in a constant search for new songs and will raise holy hell if I don't get them is inaccurate.  I don't expect them.  Nothing this band has done in the last 5 years gives me even a hint of a inkling there will ever be anything new forthcoming.

You can also see than nothing I have expressed here is about new songs, because I think the second question is far more pressing.

And that other question was about his vocals.  To a lot of us, he didn't sound so hot the last few legs.  So we looked to these shows for a barometer of where he is right now.  Me, personally, I hear a lot of the same stuff I heard in the 2011, 2012, and 2013 shows.  Weaker vocals without much behind them, and lesser of caliber than we got from him in 2009 or 2010, and most certainly anything further back.

So that's where things stand.  And I can say, at least based on what we have seen so far, its the same old, same old.  Since these were both of the outcomes I found the most probable heading into this, I express neither anger nor disappointment. 

If there is a downside, I guess you could say I was hoping against hope I might be surprised.  Didn't happen.  So we deal with it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
phil the brit
Opening Act

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2014, 01:42:58 PM »

I am a reader not a poster on here but this thread has got me so annoyed I have to add my two pence worth. Why don't you bitchers and moaners just F... off.
You obviously don't love the band for who they are........The best band on the planet. If you don't agree follow someone else.
I have been lucky enough to see them four times live and have loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of every gig and didn't want any of them to finish. I am lucky enough to be going to see them in Vegas in June and it will be the highlight of my year WITHOUT DOUBT.
I'm just so glad I found Guns n Roses gigs before they stopped performing. No other bands I see live have their energy or presence..........without exception
Rant over
Phil
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

I am a reader not a poster on here but this thread has got me so annoyed I have to add my two pence worth. Why don't you bitchers and moaners just F... off.
You obviously don't love the band for who they are........The best band on the planet. If you don't agree follow someone else.
I have been lucky enough to see them four times live and have loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of every gig and didn't want any of them to finish. I am lucky enough to be going to see them in Vegas in June and it will be the highlight of my year WITHOUT DOUBT.
I'm just so glad I found Guns n Roses gigs before they stopped performing. No other bands I see live have their energy or presence..........without exception
Rant over
Phil

Two things come to mind after reading this.

#1 - If you think what goes on around here classifies as over the top criticism, I'm going to strongly advise you to never visit another GNR forum on the internet.  I am quite serious.  This thread is beyond tame.  No one here is calling Axl a fat loser.  No one is telling the band they can go fuck themselves because no new songs were played, despite the assurances of some random name on a screen at another board.  You will absolutely find such talk just about everywhere else online.

#2 - "If you can't be positive at all times, then stop following the band".  Is this reality?  Is that how you roll with other things in your life?  You are always happy with everything and any and all folks with dissenting opinions should be told to shut their fucking mouths?  Come on now.  Has anyone told you to not go to the show and have a good time?  Are people calling you an asshole for looking forward to it?  No.  That is not occurring.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
phil the brit
Opening Act

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »

Lets be honest some of you guys do moan a lot!!  Sad
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »

Rant over
Phil

Two things come to mind after reading this.

#1 - If you think what goes on around here classifies as over the top criticism, I'm going to strongly advise you to never visit another GNR forum on the internet.  I am quite serious.  This thread is beyond tame.  No one here is calling Axl a fat loser.  No one is telling the band they can go fuck themselves because no new songs were played, despite the assurances of some random name on a screen at another board.  You will absolutely find such talk just about everywhere else online.

#2 - "If you can't be positive at all times, then stop following the band".  Is this reality?  Is that how you roll with other things in your life?  You are always happy with everything and any and all folks with dissenting opinions should be told to shut their fucking mouths?  Come on now.  Has anyone told you to not go to the show and have a good time?  Are people calling you an asshole for looking forward to it?  No.  That is not occurring.

I wont be as diplomatic.... Phil... fuck off urself ... myself and Dx who are the two posters in this thread who have been "bitching and complaining" ..we are never disrespectful to anybody here even if we strongly disagree with Jarmo or whoevers position... so i dont appreciate being spoken to that way

good for you for finding out about GNR... some of us have been following for them 20 years...in anything that lasts 20 years...there are highs and lows

and while im certainly not flying to South America tos ee the band... I always pay my hard earned money to see them when they are near me or in vegas... so im a paying customer, not some "complainer on the internet not at the shows"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:12:50 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2014, 02:13:56 PM »

Rant over
Phil

Well Phil, that?ll definitely teach us.  So now we?re back on the ?we?re not real fans? argument because real fans never (seriously, never) question anything, or express any opinion that would be untoward to the band.  I get that it?s convenient for you to put everyone (seriously, everyone) that criticizes the band as not real fans, but in reality that?s horseshit. 

D-X, the questions you posed above say it all.  Those are exactly the questions I am asking as this new tour begins.  FYI, I still hold out hope (yes, hope?not demand or entitlement) because I would like to see the current lineup advance the ball, and also because of the statement that either did or did not originate with management about 2-3 new songs for this tour.  (sidenote: did management say that?  Why is that question so hard to answer?).  However, given the lack of ownership (or denial) of this, plus the ?read the fine print argument? that the ?plan? is to play 2-3 songs sometime during the tour, I lose more hope for this with each passing show. 

Jarmo, et. al, how do you address comments from some folks on here who actually went to the show, noted that he sounded ?ok?, was 1 hour and 50 minutes late, and people were booing during the wait?  Do you just focus on the fact that they had fun and say ?another satisfied customer??  Also, I thought we were done with late shows?  Or, do you just chalk it up to that?s rock and roll?

Despite the rough/uneven/people-had-fun-so-go-fuck-yourself start to the tour, I?ll still take the bait and check for updates again tonight?you know, something us not-real fans do.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

No, we comment on what we see.  Sometimes, it can seem critical.  But just labeling everything awesome is not an honest conversation.

And let's face facts.  There are numerous GNR boards on the internet.  Anyone choosing to post at this particular one is no enemy of the current band.  We are lifelong fans, always will be, and want nothing more than to see it all firing on all cylinders.  Any "moaning" on our parts is really just more frustration that is not happening.

But while I can't speak for everyone here, I can speak for myself and a handful of folks I have gotten to know over the past few months.  We would MUCH rather be talking about how the live shows have been killer and Axl and the band sound amazing.  That's the optimum outcome.  But the disconnect seems to be that we will not just go ahead and say that anyway, regardless of the facts presented to us.

However, end of the day, opinions are like assholes.  Everyone has one, and sometimes, they stink.  But never has an opinion been given here that is labeled a decree that must be followed by all.  Well...no one on my side of the fence has said as much, anyway.  

We are just fans talking to other fans about a common interest.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »

Jarmo, et. al, how do you address comments from some folks on here who actually went to the show, noted that he sounded ?ok?, was 1 hour and 50 minutes late, and people were booing during the wait?  Do you just focus on the fact that they had fun and say ?another satisfied customer??  Also, I thought we were done with late shows?  Or, do you just chalk it up to that?s rock and roll?

These are very legit questions.

When someone mentions late starting times and ugly crowds waiting on, we are told that doesn't happen anymore.  Sounds like its happening again.

Despite the rough/uneven/people-had-fun-so-go-fuck-yourself start to the tour, I?ll still take the bait and check for updates again tonight?you know, something us not-real fans do.

As will I.  As I will every night of this tour.  As I will every tour so long as someone is still touring under the GNR banner.

Which is the "guess you aren't a real fan" talk carries no real weight.  People that would better qualify for that tag aren't staying up past midnight each night for setlist updates of the current band in 2014.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »

No, we comment on what we see.  Sometimes, it can seem critical.  But just labeling everything awesome is not an honest conversation.

And let's face facts.  There are numerous GNR boards on the internet.  Anyone choosing to post at this particular one is no enemy of the current band.  We are lifelong fans, always will be, and want nothing more than to see it all firing on all cylinders.  Any "moaning" on our parts is really just more frustration that is not happening.

But while I can't speak for everyone here, I can speak for myself and a handful of folks I have gotten to know over the past few months.  We would MUCH rather be talking about how the live shows have been killer and Axl and the band sound amazing.  That's the optimum outcome.  But the disconnect seems to be that we will not just go ahead and say that anyway, regardless of the facts presented to us.

However, end of the day, opinions are like assholes.  Everyone has one, and sometimes, they stink.  But never has an opinion been given here that is labeled a decree that must be followed by all.  Well...no one on my side of the fence has said as much, anyway.  

We are just fans talking to other fans about a common interest.

Very well said... anything coming off as criticism is just disappointment that more is not taking place on the production moving forward front... all of us here are lifers

and I am happy for anybody in brazil or anywhere else having a great night out

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »

We just really need to get away from people getting their back up, circling the wagons, and lobbing grenades at anyone who dares vocalize a gripe.

We waste too much time fighting with each other.  We are all after the same thing.

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »

"We are all after the same thing"

I want to be at tonight's show, or whatch it via internet stream....neither are gonna happen, so plan B (or is it C) is to read Jarmo's tweets about songs (thank you) and look at instagram pics and vids untill the youtube clips hit.

Then wait till Vegas and soak up as much GNR as I can in 3 shows!!!

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

I still think it's a lot of judgment over a pretty brief clip. And, regardless of the year, camera phones do not capture sound well. Sorry, but it's true - if you think you're getting a full range of frequency response from those recordings, you're crazy. Even listening to the recording in question, it's hard to argue that the sound quality is good - it's really not. So, it may not be the best vocal moment of the tour, but I sincerely don't think it sounded like that in the room, and that's a fact whether the performance is good or bad, 2006 or 2014.
Agreed on all counts.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »

Agreed on all counts.

In all fairness, Ali, you also tell me my soundboard recording of a November 2012 show can't be trusted either.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2014, 03:35:36 PM »

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: