Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)  (Read 113510 times)
André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2010, 11:07:11 AM »

Thank's for the pics !!!
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »

So, both Duff and his wife loved my video? Wow... I'm so fuckin' happy right now!!!

That is AWESOME, man  ok  You did a great job with the videos and the photos.  Thanks again for sharing.

It is very intriguing how this all worked out.  I wonder if Axl and Duff talked - had a heart to heart before the show, or was it just Axl saying "you know if you want to play a few songs with us..."

I also wouldn't be surprised if Tommy was the one who arranged the whole thing and set everything up...with Axl's ok of course.

When Izzy took the stage for the first time at Hammerstein in '06 it was magical. Axl was truly happy to have him up there...you could just see it in his face and energy on stage.
I believe he was happy to have Duff up there too but Axl seemed to be a bit on guard and at the same time making sure to keep doing his thing in an almost "yep I still got it" way. But he clearly is happy Duff is up there - he acknowledges him a few times in both introductions and in interaction on stage.

Really great to see Duff up there with Axl - I said for years, after Izzy, Duff would be the one for Axl to connect with next - as Duff always had Axl's back for the most part and after all he has been through in his life, and where he is at now is definitely something to admire. Duff is a completely different man and artist now. And he did leave a bit amicably from the band.
Duff is great.   If you ever get to see Duff's band Loaded live, do so! I had the fortune of seeing Duff play with Camp Freddy a couple of times, and a couple of years ago saw Loaded. Duff is great live. And his voice is pretty awesome!
And if you haven't got his latest album "Sick" do it now! Fantastic album.

Kudos again to all the guys in the band for being so welcoming and giving to Duff on that stage, especially Tommy and Ron.
And Axl of course.

Will be interesting to see if this changes what Duff writes in his upcoming book.  He is a straight up guy so I think he will be as honest as he can in talking about the past and present (and future?) when it comes to these latest events.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
nicktr1
Opening Act

« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »

Hi all, here is a couple of vids that i took on the night.

Patience - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hIuDXaq5XU
Don't Cry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z6R2kLFO40

Was an awesome show, seen GnR 4 times live and this was the best one to date. Axl sounded amazing!
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »

end of the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgfd0T6bIc

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »

I love how Axl sings to Duff, and "ill rip your heart in two", fucking bad ass! and Duff's face is priceless!

I dont think Axl and Duff see eye to eye just yet... i can notice some bitterness and some animosity coming from both sides just by watching the videos... but who knows, maybe they sorted things out backstage

Well that's your slant on things. Do you honestly think that Duff and Axl would be the same stage if they had in your words "bitterness and animosity" in their hearts?  As per usual, people reading into things that don't exist. At best there might be some regrets, but the pair of 'em are big and ugly enough to not want to "reminisce old novelties"

Believe me, if there was any baggage in the way of these two, this event wouldn't have happened.  Pure and simple, as with Izzy, Axl has no axe to grind with either of 'em and thus is happy to share the stage with them.  I'd even suggest that Axl probably has even sought the OK with the rest of the band first, such is the chemistry between 'em all these day - but that's my opinion, therefore not based in anyway fact, although it might be.

I honestly think theres still some bitternes between them, and i even believe this thing with the old members coming and play is mostly to make fans happy and not because Axl actually wants it really bad. Axl stated himself he wouldnt feel confortable playing with more than 1 of the alumini together on the same stage... If there wasnt any kind of animosity, he wouldnt care. Theres a reason why they havent spoke for 17 years! Any person that doesnt speak to another for 17 years will feel weird!
And it even felt from watching the video, that Axl was kinda showing off to Duff and kinda trying to say that he kicked all the old members ass...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #465 on: October 17, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »

That's Axl's stage.  He is not going to allow anyone on that stage that he doesn't want.

With that said, I do not know how Duff came to be on that stage that night - whether he and Axl had a heart to heart THEN Axl invited Duff to do a few songs if he liked.  Or if they just spoke a bit, Axl had the idea and maybe had Tommy negotiate it?  Who knows.  Hopefully that will come out if Axl and/or Duff share their thoughts on the night. 

But in the mean time, let's all enjoy those moments that were fortunate to have been caught on video for the rest of us G N' R fans to see.  They certainly were memorable!

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #466 on: October 17, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »

I honestly think theres still some bitternes between them, and i even believe this thing with the old members coming and play is mostly to make fans happy and not because Axl actually wants it really bad. Axl stated himself he wouldnt feel confortable playing with more than 1 of the alumini together on the same stage... If there wasnt any kind of animosity, he wouldnt care. Theres a reason why they havent spoke for 17 years! Any person that doesnt speak to another for 17 years will feel weird!
And it even felt from watching the video, that Axl was kinda showing off to Duff and kinda trying to say that he kicked all the old members ass...

I don't see what you're saying and I refuse to believe that Axl would do something he is not comfortable with just for tha fans... it doesn't sound like him.

I really want to believe there was just some ackwardness in the air, which is totally understandable and that everybody had fun having Duff as a guest and him & Axl can finally bury the hatchet -if there was any- and that's all.

peace

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #467 on: October 17, 2010, 07:06:41 PM »

I didnt say Axl didnt feel confortable.... i said i think it was more like business is business, personal is personal kind of thing on that show.

I believe for the most part Axl did it for the surprise factor, to give something to the fans.
Sure he's probably  slightly on good terms with Duff, but i believe theres still some bitterness and animosity between both, i mean its normal... 17 years... its not a sweet pie to swallow.

Just because Duff came out on stage doesn't mean they found closure to everything that happened.

With that being said... that doesn't have anything to do with Axl being confortable or not... everyday we do business with people we dont like... its business.... im not saying Axl doesn't like Duff... but im sure they're not the best friends either... but that doesnt mean he wont be confortable sharing the stage with him for a couple of songs... they dont even need to interact to do that...

About the Confortable bit... the only thing i referred to that, was the fact that AXL HIMSELF mentioned on the chats with the board members  that he wouldnt feel confortable sharing the stage with more than 1 alumini at a time. That was AXL HIMSELF who said it... not me.

Thats all im saying...

When Axl sang to Duff "and ill rip your heart in two", you could see Axl was clearly referring to the old members, not just Duff but Duff, Slash and Matt (the velvet revolvers so to say). You could see that Axl was kinda saying that he ended up kicking their ass, and thats what happens when u mess with me"... thats my opinion about it
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:16:55 PM by Halo69 » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #468 on: October 17, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »

Thank you for reiterating that for the umpteenth time.

Now, moving on...
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #469 on: October 18, 2010, 04:41:33 AM »

Just added some pics on my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.chilcott

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #470 on: October 18, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

Cool

i can hardly put into words how awesome it was for me to have duff come up last night. been a long time comin. what a fun ass show. thanks
http://twitter.com/tommy_stinson

Tonight was amazing! Duff McKagan got up and jammed with us tonight! Bad ass!

@DuffMcKagan64 So great to jam with ya! What a blast! Great hangin, hope to see ya soon!
http://twitter.com/djashba

Thank you so very much to @sebastianbach @duffmckagan64 and most of all the great staff + folks @LondonO2! YouROCK
http://twitter.com/gunsnroses

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #471 on: October 18, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »

It sure is great to see the band excited as much as we (the fans) are with all this happening.  Smiley

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #472 on: October 18, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »

First off, I think people are reading into things just a bit. You don't invite someone to play with for a good number of songs unless you feel comfortable. I think Duff and Axl had  some interaction with each other in the hallway. They had to bury the hatchet a bit for both to appear on the same stage together!!

Second, Axl's voice has gotten stronger each and every nite. It's much better than in the Hammerstein ballroom show that I saw in 06. It might even be better than the UYI days.  I can't wait for a US tour. I have 25 vacation days next year and I will definitely be taking two of them for a GNR concert if they come to the NJ/NYC area.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #473 on: October 19, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »

Thank you for reiterating that for the umpteenth time.

Now, moving on...

You're very welcome  ok anytime hihi

Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #474 on: October 19, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »

Duff McKagan joined the current GN'R lineup on stage Thursday, October 14 at London, England's O2 arena to perform four songs: "You Could Be Mine", "Nice Boys," "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" & "Patience."

This marked the first time since 1993 that McKagan and singer Axl Rose shared a concert stage.

The first photos of this historic event can be found below (all pictures courtesy of GUNS N' ROSES and Sebastian Bach via Twitter). Also available is low-quality fan-filmed video footage of the reunion.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Intro
02. Chinese Democracy
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Shackler's Revenge
07. Richard Fortus Solo
08. Live And Let Die
09. Instrumental Jam
10. This I Love
11. Better
12. Rocket Queen
13. Dizzy Reed Solo
14. Street Of Dreams
15. You Could Be Mine (w/ Duff McKagan on bass)
16. The Ballad Of Death
17. Sweet Child O'Mine
18. Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
19. Axl Piano Solo
20. November Rain
21. Bumblefoot Solo
22. I.R.S.
23. Nice Boys (w/ Duff McKagan on guitar)
24. Knocking On Heaven's Door (w/ Duff McKagan on guitar)
25. Nightrain

Encore:

26. Don't Cry
27. Madagascar
28. Patience (w/ Duff McKagan on tambourine)
29. Whole Lotta Rosie
30. Waiting On A Friend (jam)
31. Paradise City

According to Rock Radio, Rose claimed tonight's reunion came about by accident because he and McKagan happened to be staying at the same hotel. He told the crowd: "There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit. What the fuck? Oh ? it's Duff!"

Original GN'R guitarist Izzy Stradlin jammed with the current version of GN'R at a number of shows in 2006.

In a 2009 interview with AskMen.com, Duff was asked what he thought of GN'R'S latest album, "Chinese Democracy", which was released in November 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive, 17 years after the last all-original GUNS sets, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II". "It's funny; so many people have asked me that question and I gotta figure out why people think my opinion matters," Duff replied. "I think Axl did a great job on that record and other than that, the songs and the band are a completely different thing, so for me to really comment on the band, I might as well be commenting on the new Slipknot record. It's that far removed from me."

He continued, "We [Guns N' Roses] made our last record in '92 or '93 or something ? that was 16 years ago. That was a lifetime ago for me. I was still using and stuff back then. So, that's how long ago it was for me." He then added, "It's ['Chinese Democracy'] great. There are songs on it that I like and there are songs on it that I don't like, just like any other record."

During a 2009 interview with Billboard, Rose insisted that he will never share a stage with former GN'R guitarist Slash again. "One of the two of us will die before a reunion," Rose said. "However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is." He also said, "I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it."

Last year McKagan told Rolling Stone magazine that he's open to the idea of working with Rose again. "I'm not going to be one of those guys who's like 'fuck that, that'll never happen.' he said. "It could very well happen. I love Axl. We've been through a lot of shit together that nobody can take that away from us."

In addition to Rose, the current lineup of GN'Rincludes guitarists DJ Ashba, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

Photos below courtesy of GN'R and Sebastian Bach (via Twitter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCwmralOA1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK8sd5PZfI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRM4KpIa6Bs

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147720
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #475 on: October 19, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »

id like to save thie video,how can i get an mp3 or save it.plese pm me.

the one an only horsey !
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #476 on: October 19, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »

Use FireFox. They have an add-on called "EASY YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER"
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #477 on: October 19, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »

id like to save thie video,how can i get an mp3 or save it.plese pm me.

To save the youtube vids ?... goto http://keepvid.com (ATTENTION: no www)...enter the Youtube URL and press "download"...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #478 on: October 19, 2010, 12:37:59 PM »

"Recorders (in) were really lucky..." ......so damn true....and this recorder made me really lucky !

Thanks all of you ! Great jobs !
Well, he didn't say that. From what I can hear in the bootleg, he says "Three chords and we were really lucky for pulling that shit off" refering to Nice Boys chords progression.

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2010, 01:10:06 PM »

"Recorders (in) were really lucky..." ......so damn true....and this recorder made me really lucky !

Thanks all of you ! Great jobs !
Well, he didn't say that. From what I can hear in the bootleg, he says "Three chords and we were really lucky for pulling that shit off" refering to Nice Boys chords progression.

Grin Reading this I remember that I heard that one also....I don't know why I heard another thing too...maybe bad ears, bad english (mine), tired, beer or wishfull hearing...I don't know...but it's a bit silly but funny too...

Also remembering that I didn't understand the "pullin off"...so ...a big thank you to my teacher here....the one at my school...years ago....kinda sucked as teacher... peace
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:13:18 PM by GNRVahland » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: