Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why can't Axl let this album go?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why can't Axl let this album go?  (Read 13170 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2004, 03:05:12 PM »

As information comes in, it seems more and more apparent that Axl simply cannot declare the end of major combat operations: he's unable to announce that Chinese Democracy is complete, and to move forward.

What you mean to say is

"As RUMOURS comes in, it seems more and more apparent that Axl simply cannot declare the end of major combat operations: he's unable to announce that Chinese Democracy is complete, and to move forward"

If you were looking for information on why CD isnt out you need look no further than the interview Dizzy did a few weeks back where he said it wasn't Axl holding it up.

Please stop inventing crap. The info is there if u take the time to wipe away the shitty rumours and the crackpot theories.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2004, 04:22:10 PM »

And Dizzy has been right zero times in the last 7 years so we should believe him.

Gheesh!!

/Tulip
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 04:30:22 PM »

Well with this album time will only tell, I cant wait for it if its going to happen it sounds like the record is done there are still things to sort I think the band wants to be really pre-pared for this and get everything right and its taking a lot of time.

EEEERRRR Little boy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2004, 04:33:54 PM »

This may be a stretch, but I think Axl may be attached to the album. I mean, he's worked on it every waking moment for close to 10 years, I think he'll miss it. It's just something he'll have to deal with.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2004, 04:55:17 PM »

This may be a stretch, but I think Axl may be attached to the album. I mean, he's worked on it every waking moment for close to 10 years, I think he'll miss it. It's just something he'll have to deal with.
i truly doubt axl has been working on this record consistently for the past ten years. im sure he has taken several weeks or even months at a time. like after the floored 2002 tour im sure he went back home and fell out of touch with management and the bandmembers so he could collect his thoughts, and further rethink how to conquer the odds against him and make a go out of this project. i believe this album was 99.9% finished in teh fall of 2002, just the tour made a huge mess of everything and each detail of the future had to be rethinked entirely as 2003 was most likely spent tour planning and album perfecting. i have no doubts its legal issues plagueing axl and Geffen that are holding CD back Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2004, 04:58:08 PM »

I don't buy the theory that the songs aren't good. Too many people (Moby, Zakk, Brian May, Rolling Stone, etc.) have indicated that Axl has at least 17 excellent songs in the can. And don't forget that Axl himself indicated on August 14, 2002 that the album was essentially done. Tracklist chosen, album cover ready.

I also find it odd that so many people suggest the album isn't done now, but it will be a masterpiece in 2006, or 2008, or 2071, or whenever Axl gives the green light to release it. That is nonsense. Everything we've heard (including from Axl himself) suggests that it was done 2 years ago. They could have recorded a whole new album since then, but come on. At some point you have to put something out!

Also, what record company executive in his right mind would start a fight with Axl or delay the release of fucking Chinese Democracy if they have it in their hands?

Certainly the band has created a spiderweb of lawsuits around itself, so who really knows? Still, it certainly looks like axl keeps promising to hand it over but never actually does!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »

And Dizzy has been right zero times in the last 7 years so we should believe him.

Gheesh!!

/Tulip

One minute "This sucks. Why won't the band tell us anything. They obviously don't give two shits about us and are doing it solely for the money"

The next minute "I don't believe them."

See what i'm getting at?

And before you say it's just at Dizzy, think back to all the discussion we've had about Axl's claims about the three albums. People were sure he was lieing, yet were demanding updates.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2004, 06:04:36 PM »

IMO, it's not Axl holding it up. It's something legal.

So you don't think Axl has had anything to do with the delay of like 4 years since Axlsaid he was wrapping this up?  Let me get this right.....you actually believe that the record company is behind the delay and not Axl?

Incredible.  Precious, really.

/Tulip

I believe the album has been pretty much ready since 2002 but it wasn't released because the tour was cancelled and you couldn't release anything off that disaster. The album will be released after or during the next tour.

Axl didn't fuck up the last tour it was the Amp Gnomes, those bastards are tough to get rid of.

speed_stone
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 10:41:04 PM »

Because it's Axl's baby that's why. ok

Because of that, he'll release it when he wants to. rofl

thanks, captain obvious.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 10:46:12 PM »

hmmm...you really dug to resurrect this old thread.

Maybe, Axl's about ready to let it go this time.  Smiley
speed_stone
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 10:47:20 PM »

hmmm...you really dug to resurrect this old thread.

it's what i do rofl
Chief
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 10:52:07 PM »

I think one factor is the amount of material. They want to finish as much as possible before the first release so subsequent albums won't be another super long wait.

Also there are probably a lot of legal issues he's involved in including the slash and duff lawsuits, stuff related to the last tour and so on...

another big thing could be the band members who have come and gone, which is kind of like a catch 22 because im sure one reason why they left is because it was taking so long!!!

So I believe these are the main reasons....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 11:02:21 PM »

In a nutshell:
Its the defining moment in his career

you know... at first I thought you may have a point there.

But then after thinking about it I don't think its so much THE defining point in his career as much as it is his one chance to prove what kind of driving force he was in GNR.  As much as people may not want to hear it, Appetite was the defining point of his career.  I really don't think its possible for ANY members of GNR to top that success. 
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 11:12:35 PM »

I have one question.

Who is this character-

jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 11:26:05 PM »

Basically, Axl can't fuck this up. If the album isn't perfect, then GNR will be done.  People will dismiss him and that will be the end of it.  Imagine if Axl had release an album in 1998 and it had been mediocre.  People would have dismissed the new band for not living up to the old name and would have said Axl didn't have any talent.  He's got the almost impossible task of writing one of the best albums in the history of rock.  Given that in 2002, Axl seemed to change his mind about releasing it before the tour even cancelled, there must be some odd things at work...

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
axlisgod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »

everyone knows the cd has been done for years
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 11:54:06 PM »

everyone knows the cd has been done for years

To every one else, but not in the eyes of a perfectionist
xxMarcelaxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 12:16:14 AM »

My feeling is it's insecurity. ?Axl's insecurity is a double edged sword. ?One on hand, it pushes him to always improve on the music he has. ?Which is why so many GnR tunes are timeless. ?On the other hand, we may never get to hear what he has because he's never truelly satisfied. ?
I beleive that when Axl finally comes to grip with his own insecurities, we will get Chinese Democracy... in the meantime, it gives us something to talk about on the HTGTH message board
-F
ok yes
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:38 AM »

I totally forgot he said that.  It kind of makes you nervous that it will never come.   I do think he is trying to make the perfect record but I don't think that is possible.  In fact, some of the best records are the one's that arn't perfect.   I think White Stripes are good examples of this the last few yrs.  Anyway, hopefully he can muster up a bit of confidence and let it out.  If it tanks he still has 2 more albums of material right?  Let's get moving Axl.  I am already sickof hearing about Chinese Democracy.  I want to see what the one after that will be like.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 04:01:43 AM »

I believe he's trying to make the first perfect rock record. ok

I don't, I think axl is very unsure and insecure... He has made mentions to releasing this thing from end of days to wrapping it up .. I don't care who has changed since 99 the album is at least 7 years in the works plus whatever he wrote himself pre new gnr..  he is a rich man with a lot of yes men so he is in no hurry, the record companys should be pissed..Axl is lucky the entire album didn't leak out..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: