Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do you admire Axl Rose? EVERYONE ANSWER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do you admire Axl Rose? EVERYONE ANSWER  (Read 16720 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2004, 11:21:49 PM »

Younggunner-

I think you're in total denial about the effect of the bands Image on its marketability and potential popularity. Do you think people like any of those teeny-boppers because they are good singers and stud musicians?  nervous I don't think so, its their image that gets everyone. America is a very superficial place and they are often not willing to look past people's exterior and look for their inner beauty. The  same is true for music. Their are plenty of bands that are pigeon holed because of the way they look and the genre of music they sing. Axl and his band would be well served to get makeovers and try and look rock and roll. He could get away with that stuff in the early 90's because the rest of the band looked as cool as they did. That is not gonna fly now with guys in goth and buckets on their head. You can continue to believe otherwise if that helps you sleep better at night, but you're incredibly naive if you think that image isn't everything. Major media outlets aren't going to put 42 year old men in jersey's with band members that have buckets on their heads and goth make-up on on their covers and whatnot. I know in your ripe old age you know better, but you need to wise up to reality. There will be too many people un-willing to look past the absurdity of their disjointed look to give them the chance they probably deserve and the new GNR supporters like those on these boards will.
moondance_1
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2004, 11:34:08 PM »

I admire him for the music he has made,I can put on a GNR cd and find a song to fit any mood.I love to blast WTTJ & YCBM when i am cleaning up the house. When my b/f is out of town or we have had a disagreement i listen to Estranged,or Used to Love Her. I got into GNR in the 80's and still love 'em.  His voice is Amazing,you can always tell it is Axl and no one else! smoking       and yes,i do like his looks too.  Wink

Frankly,My Dear...........
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2004, 12:01:08 AM »

i admire him because the bastard can sing ok

It's a shame such a voice hasn't done anything with it for 10 years.

I just wonder where are the new generation of axl roses and robert plants and steven tylers and brian johnson/bon scotts?

Surely these types of voices couldnt have just disappeared.

yeah anyway..........axl's voice is amazing and almost one of a kind.......so thats wat i admire.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2004, 04:08:15 AM »

so aunt ger... when does it come out?
Rachel
Opening Act

I LOVE AXL

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2004, 04:14:58 AM »

Well if first fell in love with Axl when i saw a picture of Guns and Roses in one of my magazines,since then i haven't stopped loving Axl.i think he is a great preformer and also a great singer.he is the King of Rock and no other person could ever make as many people as Axl has!!!Yes he has been an annoying by delaying the album but some all this time waiting may prolong the excitment!!
Love Rach beer

Rachel
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2004, 06:16:57 AM »

Why do I admire Axl?

well I dont know the man personally all though I wish I did.  I have never scene him live and he has not saved my life through his lyrics, yet there is a fire in that man's eyes that traverses the TV screen.  He is a genius musically and that is what makes me admire him.  I feel his lyrics speak to me and I relate to them.  I admire him because he is the only singer who's voice has caused the hairs on the back of my neck to rise with excitement at his shrill raw powerful voice.  I admire him for being one hell of an exciting frontman (from the footage i have sceen).  Why do I admire him because he is an inspiration, if you work for something you'l get it.  he and the guys busted their ass to conquer the world in 87 and they did.  And Im sure axl is busting his ass to make Chinese Democracy perfect.  I do get annoyed that the album is never finished and constantly delayed, ive been waitng for a new album since 93.  I admire him for sticking with the GNR name and completely rebuilding the monstrousity that GNR was and his ability to tell his critics to fuck off as he did this with all of them saying shit cause SLash n Duff n the rest werent  their (just axl aint GNR, blah blah blah) cause that takes fuckin balls. I admire him cause i know that when he does to let go of CD n release it it will contain some very fuckin good music

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2004, 11:54:18 AM »

I think you're in total denial about the effect of the bands Image on its marketability and potential popularity. Do you think people like any of those teeny-boppers because they are good singers and stud musicians?   I don't think so, its their image that gets everyone. America is a very superficial place and they are often not willing to look past people's exterior and look for their inner beauty
When i said images i was talking baout the rumors and stuff not their actual look....
BUt since you brought it up, ill respond...
I agree for th emost part kids today are only concerned about images. But gnr is a rnr band not a pop act. So people who liek rock music arent really concerned about image. If they were, old gnr would not have been popular, slipnot owuld not be popular, and thousands of other bands wouldnt be popluar.

Its about the music. Rock has no image. What gives your image credibility is the music you make. SO if you make great music people arent gonna say "you know what Gnrs album Chinese democracy fukin rocks, but that guy robin looks like a freak so i wont buy it"....your sumb as hell i fyou think thats is what will happen. Poeple just want good music.

Axl and his band would be well served to get makeovers and try and look rock and roll. He could get away with that stuff in the early 90's because the rest of the band looked as cool as they did. That is not gonna fly now with guys in goth and buckets on their head. You can continue to believe otherwise if that helps you sleep better at night, but you're incredibly naive if you think that image isn't everything.
So old gnr werent laughed at in the beginning because of the way they were dressed and acted? They were my friend, big time....but you knwo how that image became "cool" and "rnr" and badass?Huh because of the music they made. If you think otherwise your truly an idiot.

The image of this new band wont be accepted only from bitter old gnr fans who miss slash and th eold guys. The people who wont accept this band. Kids my age and peopel who do not have an angenda towards gnr will accept this band and its image because of the music. If this band delivers great music there talents and image will inspire peopel just liek th eold lineup inspired peopel to accept their look.

RNr doesnt have a rule book, set standards or images...if it does then it aint rnr.....its what you call I miss my band

Major media outlets aren't going to put 42 year old men in jersey's with band members that have buckets on their heads and goth make-up on on their covers and whatnot.
Oh really. Didnt clearchannel give gnr a tour?Didnt mtv give them the clsing spot on thier awards show? DOnt magaiznes bash this band all the time in their publications? or am i missing osmething here?

And again, your image of the band theory is pathetic. Greta music creates acceptance.

know in your ripe old age you know better, but you need to wise up to reality. There will be too many people un-willing to look past the absurdity of their disjointed look to give them the chance they probably deserve and the new GNR supporters like those on these boards will.
Im 19, not quite as old and bitter as you. Reality has shown through the years that great music allows a band to dress, act,talk and do whatever the fuck they want. Its as simple as that. Thats how we have movements and culture changes. People loved old gnr so they went from hairspray to leather, peopel loved grunges so they went from leather to flannel, peopel love rap music so they go from flannel to bling bling....If th emusic is good then a band has nothing to worry about.

People have failed to look past gnrs image because the band has yet given them the oppurtunity to. The band has yet to release an album. As a result what is there to talk about gnr other then the rumors, their new image, and the delay. The great thing about all this is that
gnr will have a chance to succeede or fail on their own material. ANd for that i do not get wrapped up ion the "gnr name and image is ruined" aregument that all of you old bitter fans keep bringing up. Because as you age theres a whole new genration behind you. Just like you were young kids getting influenced by great music, theres a whole other genreation and audience that will have the same oppurtunity....

whether CD is a masterpiece..we have to wait and see.....till then you can keep whining and telling me how axl is an asshole. but when th emusic is released thats when it counts...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »

When i said images i was talking baout the rumors and stuff not their actual look....
BUt since you brought it up, ill respond...
I agree for th emost part kids today are only concerned about images. But gnr is a rnr band not a pop act. So people who liek rock music arent really concerned about image. If they were, old gnr would not have been popular, slipnot owuld not be popular, and thousands of other bands wouldnt be popluar.

Its about the music. Rock has no image. What gives your image credibility is the music you make. SO if you make great music people arent gonna say "you know what Gnrs album Chinese democracy fukin rocks, but that guy robin looks like a freak so i wont buy it"....your sumb as hell i fyou think thats is what will happen. Poeple just want good music.

What about KISS?  What about glam rock?  Rock has had images as much any other form of music.  Slipknot has an image; I doubt that they walk around in matching overalls and monster masks all the time.  Guns N' Roses had an image back in the 80s; it was your ultimate bad-boy rock star image, with leather, bandanas, top hats, big hair, etc.  That's an image, even if they did wear it all the time.  If you want to talk about a lack of image, look at the boring modern rock bands that look like regular Joes.  Face it...image is important in rock music too.

Oh really. Didnt clearchannel give gnr a tour?Didnt mtv give them the clsing spot on thier awards show? DOnt magaiznes bash this band all the time in their publications? or am i missing osmething here?

Yeah, but I don't remember seeing any actual pictures of the new band anywhere.  I don't think there exists one group photo of the new GN'R.  Even live photos of them together are hard to find.  I'm not saying that they won't get any attention anymore - after all, look at all the attention their doomed 2002 comeback attempt warranted - but I am saying that the new band as such isn't exactly photogenic.  Without Buckethead, they're more boring visually.  I know such things aren't as important as the music, but they are an important accessory.

Im 19, not quite as old and bitter as you. Reality has shown through the years that great music allows a band to dress, act,talk and do whatever the fuck they want. Its as simple as that. Thats how we have movements and culture changes. People loved old gnr so they went from hairspray to leather, peopel loved grunges so they went from leather to flannel, peopel love rap music so they go from flannel to bling bling....If th emusic is good then a band has nothing to worry about.

People have failed to look past gnrs image because the band has yet given them the oppurtunity to. The band has yet to release an album. As a result what is there to talk about gnr other then the rumors, their new image, and the delay. The great thing about all this is that
gnr will have a chance to succeede or fail on their own material. ANd for that i do not get wrapped up ion the "gnr name and image is ruined" aregument that all of you old bitter fans keep bringing up. Because as you age theres a whole new genration behind you. Just like you were young kids getting influenced by great music, theres a whole other genreation and audience that will have the same oppurtunity....

whether CD is a masterpiece..we have to wait and see.....till then you can keep whining and telling me how axl is an asshole. but when th emusic is released thats when it counts...

Good arguments.  I know I would never have thought wearing a kilt over short spandex pants looked cool if it weren't for the fact that Guns N' Roses make my favourite music.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2004, 11:40:55 PM »

Face it...image is important in rock music too.

im not disputing that. But if your music is accepted by the masses you have the luxury to look the way you want and not follow any particular style.

Yeah, but I don't remember seeing any actual pictures of the new band anywhere.  I don't think there exists one group photo of the new GN'R.
They didnt have any group photos yet because they have yet to have a photo session. And you havnt seen pictures of them because the last tour didnt give them much promotion.

Without Buckethead, they're more boring visually.
I agree. Buckethead was such a vitol member of the band...musically and image wise. His absence will be hard to make up. lets see what they come up with.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2004, 06:57:38 PM »

Cause IMO, he's the most important member in the best band ever.

There's so much I like about Axl, I ain't got the time to write it all here..

Here's a few:

His vocals
His songwriting
His stage performance
His attitude
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 06:58:03 PM by SwedeChildO'Mine » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2004, 02:30:52 PM »

the voice,the attitude,his humour,his independence when it comes to his music(although its not to  our advantage) and his charisma
Rachel
Opening Act

I LOVE AXL

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2004, 07:10:49 AM »

i admire Axl cus he can sing he heart out and still look realy really sexy on stage

Rachel
pants martin
Headliner

axl fucin rocks YEAH!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2004, 03:10:58 PM »

However I have never understood how that guy could write fantastic songs like November Rain or Estranged, an then write horrible songs like "my world". How is it possible? is it the same guy? It's day and night both. I love him but sometimes I find that guy very strange. It's part of his madness.
i dont think my worlds a shit song its different yeah but not shit
i admire the guy because he is who he wants to be not what every other fucker tells him what to be,he one of the best singer/songwriters ever he puts his all into a performance and hes only one of the few genuine rockstars outthere now

mornaaan bacon bapp pleeze mate wia bitta brown source
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2004, 01:41:08 AM »

Great performer.
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 02:36:49 AM »

because underneath all the media bullshit he is a real guy who loves his family and his friends fiercely and that he has a tremendous sense of humor as well as being devoted entirely to those who care about him beer
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2004, 11:54:50 PM »

because underneath all the media bullshit he is a real guy who loves his family and his friends fiercely and that he has a tremendous sense of humor as well as being devoted entirely to those who care about him beer
\

how do you know all this?  if your an insider please enlighten us as to what makes MR. Rose  tick

IM an earth goddess
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2004, 12:15:49 AM »

I like axl rose because I used to date him and I've never gotten over it. To me,he seem so real so without a persona or a gimmick. I think if he wasn't a rock star he would dress like that anyway. And Axl rose has some irish heritage and the kilt he used to wear is a nod to his irish hertiage. that is why he used to wear it.

IM an earth goddess
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2004, 04:50:38 PM »

Well the reason why I love Axl is because...

He is crazy
He has amazing range on his voice
Full of enegry
And good things come to those who wait

EEEERRRR Little boy
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2004, 05:13:26 PM »

HIS VOICE - It USED to be the best. No one in the world has ever had a voice as good as that.

HIS SINGING - The way he singed up till 1991 is unbeatable and unduplicable. No one, including him, will ever be able to do that again. It?s OVER.

HIS DANCING - The way he USED to dance onstage up till 1991 also is, still today, unfuckingbeatable. Nobody did best before, nobody did best after.

Well, anyway it was all over after Izzy left GNR. In 1992, Axl became unrecognizable in my opinion. It wasn?t the same person. He must have had his reasons.

His VOICE obviously deteriorated to a point of no return. Shame? Yes, but if that?s the price one has to pay to sing like he did, I think it?s so worth.

His HUMOR also changed drastically in 1992, after Izzy left. You can see he was not the same person. It?s undeniable. I don?t know why, he must have had HUGE reasons for that too.

Anyway, he was so GREAT that whatever he puts his voice on up till his dying day I?ll be willing to listen to.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2004, 09:05:39 PM »

Like someone said, I admire Axl for many reasons. He is a musical genius. I think that he is the best frontman ever. I love his songs a lot. His lyrics are the best I ever heard. Also he puts on a great live show.    

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: