Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:59:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why Axl Rose will always be my hero
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Axl Rose will always be my hero  (Read 1943 times)
RichardNixon
« on: December 05, 2004, 11:05:42 PM »

I wrote this post at the new Metal Sludge Board MS2K4. I thought I'd share it over here to.

Back in 1993 people at school used to call me Stuart, because I looked like Stuart from Beavis and Butthead. I was fat and socially retarded and a big joke (not that I'm Pierce Brownson now or anything). But things started to change for the better the day I bought Appetite For Destruction. Axl Rose was like an older brother to me. He was my hero who told the world which rejected us to go fuck itself. His more personal songs from the Illusion albums (Dead Horse, Breakdown, Estranged) really have helped me get through hard times in my life.

I honestly sometimes think life would not be worth living if it were not for Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. Axl, if your reading this, thanks for everything man. You have helped me like no one else and I love you like a brother. And if you don't like this post or if you don't like Axl Rose, fuck off.
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 11:25:07 PM »

Thanks for sharing that.. I think that's really cool  ok

Sure, the problems follow Axl like a bad smell, his 2002 no-shows etc.. but sometimes you have to take a step back and just think for a minute that with the troubled times Axl went through, we are really lucky to have his music in our lives at all, and what he does give us, I am very grateful for.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 11:45:25 PM »

cool post ok

gnr is really a great band, good you find support in that Smiley

Lots of others do 2 yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 12:19:36 AM »

Thanks for sharing that.. I think that's really cool? ok

Sure, the problems follow Axl like a bad smell, his 2002 no-shows etc.. but sometimes you have to take a step back and just think for a minute that with the troubled times Axl went through, we are really lucky to have his music in our lives at all, and what he does give us, I am very grateful for.

yeah they need to realize axl is a human being and not some robot who does what everyone else wants and expects him to do.

i concur with your post richardnixon, axl was my escape from my troubles and bad childhood as well, no matter what i go through to this day, i always feel like axl understands and his lyrics and his vocal style always gets to the core of myproblems and helps me deal with em.

i know i sound retarded but its like i think Chinese Democracy will change my life when it comes out, because when i first heard the Use your Illusions *my first gnr cds i bought* they changed my life, so i guess im expecting CD to do the same, and whats even crazier is i think it will!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 12:25:51 AM »

I wrote this post at the new Metal Sludge Board MS2K4. I thought I'd share it over here to.

Back in 1993 people at school used to call me Stuart, because I looked like Stuart from Beavis and Butthead. I was fat and socially retarded and a big joke (not that I'm Pierce Brownson now or anything). But things started to change for the better the day I bought Appetite For Destruction. Axl Rose was like an older brother to me. He was my hero who told the world which rejected us to go fuck itself. His more personal songs from the Illusion albums (Dead Horse, Breakdown, Estranged) really have helped me get through hard times in my life.

I honestly sometimes think life would not be worth living if it were not for Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. Axl, if your reading this, thanks for everything man. You have helped me like no one else and I love you like a brother. And if you don't like this post or if you don't like Axl Rose, fuck off.

Whether he be right or wrong in other people's eyes, I admire how Axl does what he wants, how he wants and when he wants. From the One In A Million thing, to the radical change in the GNR music (the epics, My World etc) for the Illusions and sticking to what he believes in with the new band and doing it his way. And he doesn't back down and lose that stubborness! Too many times, I just give in to other people and agree to their way.
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 12:49:54 AM »

Amen man. My life would be totally different if it wasn't for Axl and GN'R. I can't wait for Chinese Democracy to come out. And even if it doesn't, I will still be a fan, and still love and admire Axl Rose.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 12:56:42 AM »

Axl's got me smoking and drinkin Jacks, Thanks asshole  ok

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 01:02:14 AM »

axl got me hooked on hairspray when i was in school

and tatto's ok
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 01:05:41 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 02:29:37 AM »

great thread/posts Smiley

i admire axl for what he has shared with us through music and lyrics... through his words... and how he has shared so much of himself and his experiences.

to know that he is, afterall, a person just like you or I - and yet capable of touching so many lives.
people often ponder/discuss:  what is the meaning of life?  I think we are here to connect with eachother.
I think the energy that passes between us is the essence of life.

we all go through shit... hard times... and its amazing how when our energy (or life force if you will) is low
we can draw from the energy of others that they have put out there to get us through...

a big way that Axl has touched my life is through the people i have gotten to know through him
i've made some realy cool friends and spent some really great times with other fans who 'get' this whole thing about Axl
i think that's pretty cool - as I said in the beginning of my post - I think we are here for that reason.  To connect with eachother.
And because of Axl I have come to do that so much more than I believe I would have otherwise.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: