Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?  (Read 13971 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: February 16, 2005, 11:24:10 PM »

ive seen posters comment on how they dont want GNR on TRL and they dont want young kids buying GNR albums etc

i was 10 years old when i became a fan of GNR as im sure most of you on here were very very young

so whats the big deal of young kids buying GNR records? that doesnt make them less cool it only means they transcend generations.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 01:52:23 AM »

i think it might be because of the fact they just want the 'image' of an actual gunner fan like the shirts at hot topic or whatever. and maybe cause they are old and bitter

SADIS
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 03:16:41 AM »

I couldn't care less who likes GNR. I was 10 years old when I got my first copy of AFD....and I loved it and now I love it still. So those kids could grow up being huge GNR fans so I don't see a problem in young kids liking GNR.....I prefer them listening to GNR than listening to the Backstreet Boys and thinking that that's music.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 03:20:01 AM »

i was 5-6 when i got into gnr?  Tongue would not mind gnr-interviews on mtv? ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 05:38:57 AM »

I think its really gay to have your band on TRL... just coz there have been alot of gay bands on there and the show is just a bunch or retarded girls screaming when ever a camera is pointed thier way....

I dont care who buys CD... If it comes out it will be bad ass but i dont think anyone has to worry about the band being portrayed as a Backstreet boy band by MTV or the screaming kids...

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 06:04:24 AM »

I think its great that the younger people are into gnr. Just proves you have a band that can stand the test of time.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
shaun
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 06:08:01 AM »

Heh, i was 19 when i first heard a GN'R track, up until then i liked techno music much more, to me rock was terrible and metal was for  long haired biker types  Grin then a friend of mine played AFD in the car not long after it came out, all that bad language. I think it was Nightrain that i liked most of all. The TV then showed some gig, GN'R live at the Ritz, which was the cut version showing only 5 songs played back to back with any pauses in the music. It rocked!  Wink
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 06:15:32 AM by shaun » Logged
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 07:44:08 AM »

In 1987 I was 10 years and heard Welcome To The Jungle hanging out in a friends basement. He put it on and my eyes bugged out of my head.  Shocked

That was the first rock album to change my life. I say the younger kids get into good music the better.  ok
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 08:08:59 AM »

i was 5-6 when i got into gnr? Tongue would not mind gnr-interviews on mtv? ok

I was also around this age when I got into Gn'R? Grin
I don't mind who likes Gn'R as long as they don't like them just because it's cool to like them, I hate people like that, that can't choose what they like themselves Angry? (totally off topic--) Dance music? Sad It's hardly music and it's all just a rip off of old songs anyway. If you hadn't guessed I HATE DANCE MUSIC Angry Angry Angry

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 08:12:30 AM »

I would like to see young kids get into the new band if it's a genuine interest in the music. What I wouldn't like is to see them become a fad, with teenagers buying the record and wearing the t-shirts because it's the cool thing to do, and then moving on to the next trend a year later. Which, let's face it, is more or less what happened 10-15 years ago.
That being said, considering the musical direction they seem to be heading in, I can't picture them having enough commercial and image appeal to become trendy, so there's nothing to worry about.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 08:13:43 AM »

Q: Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?

They attempt to interfere with sales of Chinese Democracy. ok
I guess it?s somewhat akin to the reason for their not accepting the new band/ the members.

scared of the changes? Jealous of youth? eager to keep GN'R their own?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »

I would like to see young kids get into the new band if it's a genuine interest in the music. What I wouldn't like is to see them become a fad, with teenagers buying the record and wearing the t-shirts because it's the cool thing to do, and then moving on to the next trend a year later. Which, let's face it, is more or less what happened 10-15 years ago.
That being said, considering the musical direction they seem to be heading in, I can't picture them having enough commercial and image appeal to become trendy, so there's nothing to worry about.

yes... what you just said.....  yes
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 08:34:42 AM »

well if these *young kids* didnt buy albums then sales would definatly go down.

I heard GNR at the end of 2003 i think.A bit late lol but at least i finally got into them. As soon as i heard that first album that was it...addicted to the music and then to please me some more after i had heard all there albums VR came out so the rock hasnt stopped yet lol. I think its better that younger people hear this music so rock memory lives on and new rock bands come out...come on who wants a world of rap artists and britneys *shudder*.

GNR N VR RULE. VR are keeping it alive, Axl sort of fell asleep lol.

html sucks
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 08:37:52 AM »

I couldn't care less if a five year old popped in a Guns N' Roses album. It's not the age that matters, it's the type of show said band is being promoted on. TRL is a specific show targeted for mostly young girls (they could be twelve or twenty) who can't make their own decisions and enjoy screaming for a half hour (or hour, I forgot how long it is). Besides, although I am a female myself, I can agree to the fact that being into a band is based majorly on how they look. Obviously, I am an exception to the rule. No offense, but at the moment, I don't see anyone in this band that accessible, except for maybe Tommy and Brain.

There are many exceptions to the rule, but it's not the age. It's where they're being promoted on, and I just don't see Guns N' Roses right now being advertised or played on the current state of MTV. The only time they show any type of music video is at three or four in the morning. I'm going to have to get MTV2 or Fuse or something because that's honestly the only way I think I'll/we'll ever get to see their music videos or appearances. VH1 is reserved for pseudo-indie bands and nostalgia trips, and God knows we want to try and stray as far away from the latter as possible.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »

TRL in the UK is quite funny, of late. The music still sucks though Grin

smoking Izzy? smoking

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 08:50:39 AM »

No offense, but at the moment, I don't see anyone in this band that accessible, except for maybe Tommy and Brain.
Also Robin was very popular among NIN fan chicks. They say hes cute.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 08:54:26 AM »

Well, I would say only some posters slag off. The ones who don't want to share.

I was 15 years old in 1987. I first heard "LLAS" before "AFD". I used to religiously buy Rock City News. I saw them at the Felt Forum Show in NYC in '88. GNR will always be one of my fave top 3 bands. I was fortunate enough to have been there, and still be here, listening to their albums and bootlegs and least once a week.

But what about bands that I was born too late for that I am absolutely fanatical about? The Doors. The MC5. The Stooges. The Pistols (+Thunders solo). Hanoi. And so on. I too would be one of those younger people. Does one of those 'been there' fans want to slag me off? I'm still keeping the flames high and strong for those bands and will pass on such for yet to be born children.

When the album comes out, everyone will be peeing themselves. MTV will be all over it. Then after all the hoopla, we, the real fans, will still be here. Fightin and cussin and lovin and hatin.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 08:56:08 AM »

No offense, but at the moment, I don't see anyone in this band that accessible, except for maybe Tommy and Brain.

just a little patience yeaahhh oohhhh a little patience.

lol.

html sucks
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »

Also Robin was very popular among NIN fan chicks. They say hes cute.

Yeah, I agree, and I somewhat think the same as well. But not for audiences like TRL. This isn't 1999 anymore.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 09:04:10 AM »

When did this turn into a "who's accsessible, to female's, in Gn'R thread"? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: