Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?  (Read 13974 times)
usurper
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 10:27:23 AM »

I think it is the fact that the fans that hate the younger generation can't accept that GNR got to big to fit in their back pocket, they are jealous that other people like GNR, sometimes I feel that way. I dont personally like to see all these 10 year old listening to music which was released before they were born but I ain't gonna stop them. Its their choice.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 10:44:28 AM »

Agreed.

MTV got me into GNR when they played KOHD on Celebrity Deathmatch in 1998 after Nick got knocked over from the booth and went into a COMA.
If anything, the world needs to hear more GNR. I wouldn't mind if they sold out a bit more of their catalog so that the world could hear the great ol' stuff all over again. If anything, the rock charts are wide open right now and there's no reason for WTTJ not to chart again!
 smoking

MNFNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 11:49:32 AM »

The question should be changed to Why do SOME posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?

Nothing would please me more then a new generation digging Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses.

So there is a very simple answer to this question.

Because they are fags.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 12:00:26 PM »

A lot of young people are getting into GN'R now days I see kids wearing GN'R and younger people I know buying cds and stuff

EEEERRRR Little boy
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 12:10:46 PM »

I really don't understand it. I guess for gnr's fans like us, the more the places they play gnr's songs, the better it gets. Trl, top40 or whatever show it is, it's one more chance to see gnr's videos, etc...

As for young kids buying the album, I bought AFD in 88 when I was 13 years old, so I'll encourage the young posters to buy C.D. anytime.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 03:43:14 PM »

Im only 19 so its wierd for me to say this but Motherfuck the youth of America, they've so blinded by all this phony manufactured crap like Evanescence and shit. Listen I think some of the kids out there will find the GnR music to be extremely deep (As in its not the manufactured garbage that they have grown accostomed to). But most of them will js be buying it because it happens to be cool at the time (If it does hit big). I say I dont want it on TRL because I dont want to associate a great legacy like GnR had and a great Artist like Axl with that recycled tripe thats being forced on the youth of America today. And as far as that demographic is concerned I wouldnt mind them buying Chinese Democracy js for the sake of record sales, but then again Id rather they left it to ppl who are looking for REAL MUSIC to listen to and of course GnR fans and those kids can have all the Usher and fucking Ashlee Simpson they can choke down.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 03:55:55 PM »

Im only 19 so its wierd for me to say this but Motherfuck the youth of America, they've so blinded by all this phony manufactured crap like Evanescence and shit. Listen I think some of the kids out there will find the GnR music to be extremely deep (As in its not the manufactured garbage that they have grown accostomed to). But most of them will js be buying it because it happens to be cool at the time (If it does hit big). I say I dont want it on TRL because I dont want to associate a great legacy like GnR had and a great Artist like Axl with that recycled tripe thats being forced on the youth of America today. And as far as that demographic is concerned I wouldnt mind them buying Chinese Democracy js for the sake of record sales, but then again Id rather they left it to ppl who are looking for REAL MUSIC to listen to and of course GnR fans and those kids can have all the Usher and fucking Ashlee Simpson they can choke down. peace

Damn straight, and well said? ok
I hate Usher Angry

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 03:58:41 PM »

ive seen posters comment on how they dont want GNR on TRL and they dont want young kids buying GNR albums etc

i was 10 years old when i became a fan of GNR as im sure most of you on here were very very young

so whats the big deal of young kids buying GNR records? that doesnt make them less cool it only means they transcend generations.

I could'nt agree more.. I was around the same age, and GnR's music got me through some rough times in my life.   Any time the band gets more fans, its a good thing.
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »

I remember I was about 12 years old listening to guns, around 1988. I remember me and me friend getting send home from school because I had the lies shirt on with the girl on it and my friend had the afd girl on his. Man did we stir up some shit wearing gnr shirts to school. The principal was pissed, and so was my mom. She went over all my tapes, and out went all my gnr, afd and lies in the GARBAGE! Man I was pissed off. But I got another copy and hid it so my mom couldn't find it. That made the music so great to listen too. Becasue If my mom didn't want me to listen to it, then this is cool shit! GnR just fit with how if was feeling in my life, the music helped me get my anger out, having to deal with a drunk step dad that would beat my mother and social shit at school, man listening to "out ta get me" and "Rocket queen"...that was life changing music. It helped me stand up to people that tried to push me around and say...fuck you...you get out of my way.

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 04:32:37 PM »

Sorry to hear about your sad childhood and drunk step dad Sad
What Lies shirt are you speaking of Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 06:29:23 PM »

Every album sale sustains the livelihood of this band and will spark Axl to make another - I could care less if Richard Simmons buys it.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 06:36:11 PM »

there was a gnr lies t -shirt that had the album cover on the front, but on the back it had a picture of the naked girl from the inside of the lies cover. Such a great t shirt. Someone stole it from me.
I think Axl is waiting for the right time to hit the right next generation with his music and please his old fans aswell.
Put out music that both generation can get into.
As far as TLR and shit shows like that....well I use to work on one as a camera man in canada call MOD. What a crap show that is... seeing all the crying girls going nuts over flash in the pan stars is just madding!!!
Thats not real music or really stars, just bubble gum flavor of the month Bull shit.....
Bands like GnR, Rolling Stones,VR,Rush are the true Icons. They have lasted and the music nerver gets old!
Just the Stars!!!haha

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 06:42:47 PM »

I think it's really sad when any "fans" get upset when new/young people get into "their" band.

I've seen the same thing happen within the buckethead community .. alot of the older "hardcore" crowd ripping into the newer younger fanbase. It's silly. If you are a fan you would hope your favorite artist would garner attention from new people to help boost his/her career.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 07:12:21 PM »

In terms of the stage setup and axl's current stage attire even he does'nt want to garner towards his olad fan base

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 07:14:56 PM »

why do posters doesnt mean "some" or "all" i dont have exact figures on how many do.

MRLEE its totally not fair that you just got into GNR in 2003 that means u havent had to wait like the rest of us rant rant rant hihi hihi

i think since we've got older we view young kids as being uncool

i feel sorry for young kids cause they have the shittiest music of all time to grow up with right now.

but i bet stones,beatles and zepplin fans from back in the day probably said the same shit about us

so maybe that new music out doesnt suck as bad as we think?

what the fuck am i saying, hell yeah it sucks. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2005, 07:23:58 PM »

In terms of the stage setup and axl's current stage attire even he does'nt want to garner towards his olad fan base

I dont understand what you mean? The stage setup? I dont see how the stage setup would alienate the old fans.  Huh

And the way he dresses .. him , I dont think the fans from back in the old days still wear the same kinda clothes they wore back then either. Atleast we hope not. He still wears Leather pants , still wears the bandana and depending on what city he is in some of those jerseys are pretty damn cool.

That said , I have a funny feeling that come next tour those jerseys wont be part of his stage attire. Just a hunch.

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 07:26:53 PM »

The sad thing is that young kids think that older people are uncool and think that rock n' roll sucks? hihi
But that's probably because rock n' roll does suck nowadays? Sad But alot of people just don't like old stuff because it ain't cool to like it Sad
The new music out nowadays is worse than you think actually? yes

smoking Izzy? smoking

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 09:23:49 PM »

I think it's cool that younger people dig GN'R - it just goes to show that Guns music is timeless - that 87-91era has cemented a place in the collective psche of Rock n Roll. Guns can stand along side the greats  yes

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2005, 11:42:38 PM »

its the teens who dont want more people getting into gnr, im in high school and everyone who posts like this, is just sayin it cause they wanna be unique and be the only one at school who like gnr, they dont want a lot of "jabronis" listenin to their band. its sall about bein unique, heck i dont really want the whole school likin gnr but whatever.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2005, 01:37:30 AM »

I think people don't want GNR to hit in big with kids today because kids in general are basically viewed as tasteless sheep who are into whatever is popular at the moment. They are also viewed as being into the image and looks more than the music itself. They just rub hardcore fans the wrong way because hardcore fans have been in it for a long time and have followed a band through thick and thin but many kids just latch onto whatever is popular and never truly get it.

That being said, I don't mind it if young people get into them. Personally, I wouldn't mind it if their image was plastered everywhere and their music was played all the time because it sure beats having to deal with sub-par music being shoved down our throats. However, I don't want to suddenly be surrounded by a bunch of screaming teenies who haven't got a clue. I also think GNR appearing on shows like TRL would be incredibly lame. Somehow, I don't think we'll have to worry about any of this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: