Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?  (Read 13976 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2005, 01:47:11 AM »

I think people don't want GNR to hit in big with kids today because kids in general are basically viewed as tasteless sheep who are into whatever is popular at the moment. They are also viewed as being into the image and looks more than the music itself.

Wasn't this the same complaint that was made about "Hair Metal"?  GN'Rs original explosion was before my time, but from what I've read the music scene was "boring" and people were "into the image" of the hair metal bands.  Then GN'R came along and gave music a huge kick in the ass...

Is this situation different because you're familiar with the band now?  Who's to say that GN'R won't return and make people realize that the music that's currently in their CD player is garbage?  IMO, if the band releases good music, the more people that like it, the better.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2005, 01:55:10 AM »

I think people don't want GNR to hit in big with kids today because kids in general are basically viewed as tasteless sheep who are into whatever is popular at the moment. They are also viewed as being into the image and looks more than the music itself.

Wasn't this the same complaint that was made about "Hair Metal"?? GN'Rs original explosion was before my time, but from what I've read the music scene was "boring" and people were "into the image" of the hair metal bands.? Then GN'R came along and gave music a huge kick in the ass...

Is this situation different because you're familiar with the band now?? Who's to say that GN'R won't return and make people realize that the music that's currently in their CD player is garbage?? IMO, if the band releases good music, the more people that like it, the better.

I'm sure that was the case as it is with anything mainstream, but I a bit too young so I can't answer it accurately.

I never said these were my views, just that I wouldn't want to be surrounded by screaming teenies.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2005, 09:44:05 AM »

Im only 19 so its wierd for me to say this but Motherfuck the youth of America, they've so blinded by all this phony manufactured crap like Evanescence and shit. Listen I think some of the kids out there will find the GnR music to be extremely deep (As in its not the manufactured garbage that they have grown accostomed to). But most of them will js be buying it because it happens to be cool at the time (If it does hit big). I say I dont want it on TRL because I dont want to associate a great legacy like GnR had and a great Artist like Axl with that recycled tripe thats being forced on the youth of America today. And as far as that demographic is concerned I wouldnt mind them buying Chinese Democracy js for the sake of record sales, but then again Id rather they left it to ppl who are looking for REAL MUSIC to listen to and of course GnR fans and those kids can have all the Usher and fucking Ashlee Simpson they can choke down.  peace

If you think thats bad come to the UK. As soon as i mention any band to do with rock, almost everyone seems to think they are all like slipknot??? Im like dudes this is GNR, we have real rock, proper lyrics, proper solos, proper singing. We dont all like the streets ya know lol.

Most people in UK have terrible musical choices, the streets get numbers 1's,awards. When all they do is talk..WTF??

Well at ;east i know i listen to real music and thats what counts.

html sucks
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2005, 09:52:46 AM »

Slipknot isn't really rock anyway though, they have another name for it....oh yeah, ShitMaskMetal? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2005, 12:26:31 PM »

naw most kids at school reject the big names in music, they all want underground emo music that no one knows about so they can be unique.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2005, 04:00:20 PM »

im 14 now and i dont giv a shit. ppl take the pisso out of me just cuz i'v GUNS N' ROSES written in Big letters all ova my bag. and if im honest, i dunno y but i luv the new band compared 2 the old gn'r by a little bit. GN'R taught me the definition of what real music is and they'll always be my favourite band until the day i die. by the way, i havent seen n e posters that slag off chinese democracy. what type of stuff do they write? I'll kill em. i dont care if ppl think im a maniac, all the new bands r crap.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2005, 06:27:55 PM »

im 14 now and i dont giv a shit. ppl take the pisso out of me just cuz i'v GUNS N' ROSES written in Big letters all ova my bag. and if im honest, i dunno y but i luv the new band compared 2 the old gn'r by a little bit. GN'R taught me the definition of what real music is and they'll always be my favourite band until the day i die. by the way, i havent seen n e posters that slag off chinese democracy. what type of stuff do they write? I'll kill em. i dont care if ppl think im a maniac, all the new bands r crap.

Listen Sakib Im 19 and have only been into GnR for a yr. My friends were into them, and I was looking for REAL MUSIC when a friend of mine let me borrow AFD, Since that night Ive been completely obsessed. I went out and bought EVERY FUCKING ALBUM and been on EVERY FUCKING WEBSITE OF THEIRS. I have over 5000 songs on my iPod MOST of which is GREAT SHIT but no matter what I cant stop listening to GnR. I was looking for REAL MUSIC and got much more than that. So let those other idiots talk their shit js because the shit u like is real and their all listening to fucking Evanescence and Creed and GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE. Once u start on GnR u CANT stop, its a "Bad Obsession"  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2005, 10:19:08 AM »

Listen Sakib Im 19 and have only been into GnR for a yr. My friends were into them, and I was looking for REAL MUSIC when a friend of mine let me borrow AFD, Since that night Ive been completely obsessed. I went out and bought EVERY FUCKING ALBUM and been on EVERY FUCKING WEBSITE OF THEIRS. I have over 5000 songs on my iPod MOST of which is GREAT SHIT but no matter what I cant stop listening to GnR. I was looking for REAL MUSIC and got much more than that. So let those other idiots talk their shit js because the shit u like is real and their all listening to fucking Evanescence and Creed and GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE. Once u start on GnR u CANT stop, its a "Bad Obsession" peace

It's a "Good Obsession"? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2005, 10:26:10 AM »

Listen Sakib Im 19 and have only been into GnR for a yr. My friends were into them, and I was looking for REAL MUSIC when a friend of mine let me borrow AFD, Since that night Ive been completely obsessed. I went out and bought EVERY FUCKING ALBUM and been on EVERY FUCKING WEBSITE OF THEIRS. I have over 5000 songs on my iPod MOST of which is GREAT SHIT but no matter what I cant stop listening to GnR. I was looking for REAL MUSIC and got much more than that. So let those other idiots talk their shit js because the shit u like is real and their all listening to fucking Evanescence and Creed and GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE. Once u start on GnR u CANT stop, its a "Bad Obsession" peace

thanx. feel betta. it really is an obsession because since i bought AFD, TSI and Illusion 1, thats all i've hurd since summer. i've neglected iron maiden (gr8 band but gn'r betta) and evry otha band in my collection. "Its always messing with my mind."

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

Sakib are you sayin' you don't have UYI2 and Lies Huh
If you don't you've got to get them? yes? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »

thanx. feel betta. it really is an obsession because since i bought AFD, TSI and Illusion 1, thats all i've hurd since summer. i've neglected iron maiden (gr8 band but gn'r betta) and evry otha band in my collection. "Its always messing with my mind."

You should try listening to some Motorhead"Ace of Spades" Ablum. That was a big influence of slash and duff growing up....
Anthrax are some good metal to get you going too!!!

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »

i no. im gonna get UYI2 and i want 2 get lies. unfortunately, parents dont want me 2 spend money on CD's and Lies is a well rare and expensive album. its ?7 for AFD illusion (separately) and ?18.99 for lies. TSI only ?3. so its bloody hard when parents reduce pocket money. man i really wud die 4 those albums

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »

I'd give you a copied CD of both of them if I could. You could try borrowing from a friend if any of them have those albums? ok Lies is a great album, to bad it's so exspensive Undecided Sad Undecided

smoking Izzy? smoking

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2005, 05:24:23 PM »

No GnR collection would be complete without Lies or UYI2, Lies is an ok record but UYI2 is excellent, yes there are a few fillers, but for the most part You could be Mine,Civil War, and Estanged are fucking perfect 10 songs.

And yes Izzy I like 14 years as well  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2005, 05:35:06 PM »

No GnR collection would be complete without Lies or UYI2, Lies is an ok record but UYI2 is excellent, yes there are a few fillers, but for the most part You could be Mine,Civil War, and Estanged are fucking perfect 10 songs.

And yes Izzy I like 14 years as well peace
Grin Yeah 14 Years is great Grin? ok
You're right UYI2 is excellent, I don't think there's any filler on it, except for My World and recently everyone's been sayin' they like that track Huh ok

mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »

TRL=image and lacking substance, validity, credibility

Kids today are growing up in a music world filled with anything but music. Who thinks we'll be listening to Britney Spears 20 years after her debut album? Jessica Simpson? Usher?

I mean, are you serious? These people are flashes in the pan compared Gn'R, Led Zeppelin, Beetles...etc....

They fit the niche for now...sadly...

My question to the world is why does the simple music sell so well? When did sexual appeal become ten times more important than ability?

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2005, 06:44:12 PM »

TRL=image and lacking substance, validity, credibility

Kids today are growing up in a music world filled with anything but music. Who thinks we'll be listening to Britney Spears 20 years after her debut album? Jessica Simpson? Usher?

I mean, are you serious? These people are flashes in the pan compared Gn'R, Led Zeppelin, Beetles...etc....

They fit the niche for now...sadly...

My question to the world is why does the simple music sell so well? When did sexual appeal become ten times more important than ability?

I think it started in the late '80's. Unfortunetly it's gotten out of control in todays world Sad

smoking Izzy? smoking

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2005, 07:33:06 PM »

It's a "Good Obsession"  ok

WOW.   Would you like some wine to go with your cheese there sir?
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2005, 09:25:18 PM »

i no. im gonna get UYI2 and i want 2 get lies. unfortunately, parents dont want me 2 spend money on CD's and Lies is a well rare and expensive album. its ?7 for AFD illusion (separately) and ?18.99 for lies. TSI only ?3. so its bloody hard when parents reduce pocket money. man i really wud die 4 those albums

Hey dude... email me threw msn or e mail....I will send you a copy of lies and what ever gnr stuff ya want....free!!
GnR was big for me growing up and I would be happy to send ya a copy.......Cheers from Canada

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2005, 11:01:32 PM »

Dude, you're me. I'm 15 and have been into Gn'r for about two years. My first taste of Gn'r was actually a mix CD that my friend made for me because he knew that i wanted expand my interests in music. I heard songs like Paradise City, Patience, Civil War, and Don't Damn Me and was blown away. I immediatly became addicted and started buying the albums and dvd's. I look back at some of the shit i used to listen to (stuff like Blink 182, Backstreet Boys, Good Charlet) and wonder wtf i was thinking for liking it. And yeah i do get alot of bullshit from the kids in my school for liking Gn'r, but i dont care. I JUST DON'T CARE, MOTHER FUCKERS!  peace

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: